A dynamic game of airline network competition: Hub-and-spoke networks and entry deterrence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Chun-Yu Ho, 2009. "A Dynamic Game of Airline Network Competition: Hub-and-Spoke Networks and Entry Deterrence," Working Papers tecipa-379, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berry, Steven T, 1990. "Airport Presence as Product Differentiation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 394-399, May.
- Aguirregabiria, Victor, 2012.
"A method for implementing counterfactual experiments in models with multiple equilibria,"
Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 190-194.
- Victor Aguirregabiria, 2009. "A Method for Implementing Counterfactual Experiments in Models with Multiple Equilibria," Working Papers tecipa-381, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Victor, Aguirregabiria, 2009. "A Method for Implementing Counterfactual Experiments in Models with Multiple Equilibria," MPRA Paper 17805, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ken Hendricks & Michele Piccione & Guofu Tan, 1999.
"Equilibria in Networks,"
Econometric Society, vol. 67(6), pages 1407-1434, November.
- Hendricks, K. & Piccione, M. & Tan, G., 1997. "Equilibria in networks," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9717, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Ken Hendricks & Michele Piccione & Guofu Tan, 1997. "Entry and Exit in Hub-Spoke Networks," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(2), pages 291-303, Summer.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Spiller, Pablo T., 1991. "Competition and mergers in airline networks," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 323-342, September.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2004. "Network Structure and Airline Scheduling," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 291-312, June.
- Kim, Sung-Hwan, 2009. "Predatory reputation in US airline markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 592-604, September.
- Aguirregabiria, Victor & Ho, Chun-Yu, 2012.
"A dynamic oligopoly game of the US airline industry: Estimation and policy experiments,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 168(1), pages 156-173.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Chun-Yu Ho, 2008. "A Dynamic Oligopoly Game of the US Airline Industry: Estimation and Policy Experiments," Working Papers tecipa-337, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Aguirregabiria, Victor & Ho, Chun-Yu, 2009. "A Dynamic Oligopoly Game of the US Airline Industry: Estimation and Policy Experiments," MPRA Paper 16739, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Pedro Mira, 2007. "Sequential Estimation of Dynamic Discrete Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(1), pages 1-53, January.
- Douglas W. Caves & Laurits R. Christensen & Michael W. Tretheway, 1984. "Economies of Density versus Economies of Scale: Why Trunk and Local Service Airline Costs Differ," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 471-489, Winter.
- Tae Hoon Oum & Anming Zhang & Yimin Zhang, 1995. "Airline Network Rivalry," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(4a), pages 836-857, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Ziru Wei & Jianhuan Xu, 2017. "Sizing up Market Failures in Export Pioneering Activities," NBER Working Papers 23893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alves, Vera & Forte, Rosa, 2015.
"A Cournot model for analysing the effects of an open skies agreement,"
Journal of Air Transport Management,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 125-134.
- Vera Alves & Rosa Forte, 2013. "A Cournot model for analysing the effects of an open skies agreement," CEF.UP Working Papers 1311, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Naoaki Minamihashi, 2012. "Natural Monopoly and Distorted Competition: Evidence from Unbundling Fiber-Optic Networks," Staff Working Papers 12-26, Bank of Canada.
- Joao Macieira, 2010. "Oblivious Equilibrium in Dynamic Discrete Games," 2010 Meeting Papers 680, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gayle, Philip & Xie, Xin, 2017. "Entry Deterrence and Strategic Alliances," MPRA Paper 83233, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:transb:v:104:y:2017:i:c:p:317-336 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kai Hüschelrath & Kathrin Müller, 2014. "Airline Networks, Mergers, and Consumer Welfare," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 48(3), pages 385-407, September.
- Ciliberto, Federico & Cook, Emily & Williams, Jonathan, 2017. "Network Structure and Consolidation in the U.S. Airline Industry, 1990-2015," MPRA Paper 83885, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsDynamic games Airline networks Hub-and-spoke Entry deterrence Supermodularity;
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:28:y:2010:i:4:p:377-382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.