A Dynamic Game of Airline Network Competition: Hub-and-Spoke Networks and Entry Deterrence
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Aguirregabiria, Victor & Ho, Chun-Yu, 2010. "A dynamic game of airline network competition: Hub-and-spoke networks and entry deterrence," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 377-382, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2004. "Network Structure and Airline Scheduling," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 291-312, June.
- Aguirregabiria, Victor, 2012.
"A method for implementing counterfactual experiments in models with multiple equilibria,"
Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 190-194.
- Victor, Aguirregabiria, 2009. "A Method for Implementing Counterfactual Experiments in Models with Multiple Equilibria," MPRA Paper 17805, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Victor Aguirregabiria, 2009. "A Method for Implementing Counterfactual Experiments in Models with Multiple Equilibria," Working Papers tecipa-381, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Tae Hoon Oum & Anming Zhang & Yimin Zhang, 1995. "Airline Network Rivalry," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(4a), pages 836-857, November.
- Berry, Steven T, 1990. "Airport Presence as Product Differentiation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 394-399, May.
- Kim, Sung-Hwan, 2009. "Predatory reputation in US airline markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 592-604, September.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Pedro Mira, 2007. "Sequential Estimation of Dynamic Discrete Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(1), pages 1-53, January.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Spiller, Pablo T., 1991. "Competition and mergers in airline networks," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 323-342, September.
- Aguirregabiria, Victor & Ho, Chun-Yu, 2012.
"A dynamic oligopoly game of the US airline industry: Estimation and policy experiments,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 168(1), pages 156-173.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Chun-Yu Ho, 2008. "A Dynamic Oligopoly Game of the US Airline Industry: Estimation and Policy Experiments," Working Papers tecipa-337, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Aguirregabiria, Victor & Ho, Chun-Yu, 2009. "A Dynamic Oligopoly Game of the US Airline Industry: Estimation and Policy Experiments," MPRA Paper 16739, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ken Hendricks & Michele Piccione & Guofu Tan, 1999. "Equilibria in Networks," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(6), pages 1407-1434, November.
- Ken Hendricks & Michele Piccione & Guofu Tan, 1997. "Entry and Exit in Hub-Spoke Networks," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(2), pages 291-303, Summer.
- Douglas W. Caves & Laurits R. Christensen & Michael W. Tretheway, 1984. "Economies of Density versus Economies of Scale: Why Trunk and Local Service Airline Costs Differ," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 471-489, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Federico Ciliberto & Emily E. Cook & Jonathan W. Williams, 2019.
"Network Structure and Consolidation in the U.S. Airline Industry, 1990–2015,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 54(1), pages 3-36, February.
- Ciliberto, Federico & Cook, Emily & Williams, Jonathan, 2017. "Network Structure and Consolidation in the U.S. Airline Industry, 1990-2015," MPRA Paper 83885, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ciliberto, Federico & Cook, Emily & Williams, Jonathan, 2017. "Network Structure and Consolidation in the U.S. Airline Industry, 1990-2015," CEPR Discussion Papers 12485, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Ziru Wei & Jianhuan Xu, 2017. "Sizing up Market Failures in Export Pioneering Activities," NBER Working Papers 23893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:kap:revind:v:54:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s11151-018-9664-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alves, Vera & Forte, Rosa, 2015.
"A Cournot model for analysing the effects of an open skies agreement,"
Journal of Air Transport Management,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 125-134.
- Vera Alves & Rosa Forte, 2013. "A Cournot model for analysing the effects of an open skies agreement," CEF.UP Working Papers 1311, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Naoaki Minamihashi, 2012. "Natural Monopoly and Distorted Competition: Evidence from Unbundling Fiber-Optic Networks," Staff Working Papers 12-26, Bank of Canada.
- Joao Macieira, 2010. "Oblivious Equilibrium in Dynamic Discrete Games," 2010 Meeting Papers 680, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Philip G. Gayle & Xin Xie, 2018. "Entry Deterrence And Strategic Alliances," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 56(3), pages 1898-1924, July.
- repec:eee:transb:v:104:y:2017:i:c:p:317-336 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kai Hüschelrath & Kathrin Müller, 2014. "Airline Networks, Mergers, and Consumer Welfare," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 48(3), pages 385-407, September.
- repec:eee:jaitra:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:38-48 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gayle, Philip & Xie, Xin, 2018. "Firms’ Markup, Cost, and Price Changes when Policymakers Permit Collusion: Does Antitrust Immunity Matter?," MPRA Paper 89914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Bontemps & Bezerra Sampaio, 2019. "Entry games for the airline industry," Working Papers hal-02137358, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsAirline networks; Hub-and-spoke; Entry deterrence; Dynamic games; Supermodularity;
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2009-11-07 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-GTH-2009-11-07 (Game Theory)
- NEP-MIC-2009-11-07 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-NET-2009-11-07 (Network Economics)
- NEP-URE-2009-11-07 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tor:tecipa:tecipa-379. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.