Disagreements and intra-industry spinoffs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eric Van den Steen, 2005. "Organizational Beliefs and Managerial Vision," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(1), pages 256-283, April.
- Thomas Hellmann, 2007. "When Do Employees Become Entrepreneurs?," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 919-933.
- Steven Klepper & Sally Sleeper, 2005. "Entry by Spinoffs," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1291-1306.
- Gromb, Denis & Scharfstein, David, 2002. "Entrepreneurship in Equilibrium," CEPR Discussion Papers 3652, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- April Mitchell Franco & Darren Filson, 2000. "Knowledge Diffusion through Employee Mobility," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-61, Claremont Colleges.
- Eriksson, Tor & Moritz Kuhn, Johan, 2006.
"Firm spin-offs in Denmark 1981-2000 -- patterns of entry and exit,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 1021-1040, September.
- Eriksson, Tor & Kuhn, Johan Moritz, 2004. "Firm Spin-offs in Denmark 1981-2000 - Patterns of Entry and Exit," Working Papers 04-6, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Ron A. Boschma & Rik Wenting, 2007. "The spatial evolution of the British automobile industry: Does location matter?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 213-238, April.
- Geanakoplos, John D. & Polemarchakis, Heraklis M., 1982. "We can't disagree forever," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 192-200, October.
- Abundo, Mario, 2002. "Some conditional crossing results of Brownian motion over a piecewise-linear boundary," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 131-145, June.
- April Mitchell Franco & Darren Filson, 2006. "Spin‐outs: knowledge diffusion through employee mobility," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(4), pages 841-860, December.
- Christensen, Clayton M., 1993. "The Rigid Disk Drive Industry: A History of Commercial and Technological Turbulence," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 67(04), pages 531-588, December.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979. "Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-990, October.
- Hellmann, Thomas F & Perotti, Enrico C, 2006. "The Circulation of Ideas: Firms Versus Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 5469, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guido Buenstorf, 2007.
"Evolution on the Shoulders of Giants: Entrepreneurship and Firm Survival in the German Laser Industry,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 30(3), pages 179-202, May.
- Guido Buenstorf, 2006. "Evolution on the Shoulders of Giants: Entrepreneurship and Firm Survival in the German Laser Industry," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2005-20, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Ricardo Alonso & Wouter Dessein & Niko Matouschek, 2008. "When Does Coordination Require Centralization?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(1), pages 145-179, March.
- Steven Klepper, 2007. "Disagreements, Spinoffs, and the Evolution of Detroit as the Capital of the U.S. Automobile Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(4), pages 616-631, April.
- Bruno Cassiman & Masako Ueda, 2006. "Optimal Project Rejection and New Firm Start-ups," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 262-275.
- Busenitz, Lowell W. & Barney, Jay B., 1997. "Differences between entrepreneurs and managers in large organizations: Biases and heuristics in strategic decision-making," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 9-30, January.
- Eric Van den Steen, 2004. "Rational Overoptimism (and Other Biases)," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(4), pages 1141-1151, September.
- Eric Van den Steen, 2010. "Disagreement and the Allocation of Control," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(2), pages 385-426.
- Choi, Changsun & Nam, Dougu, 2003. "Some boundary-crossing results for linear diffusion processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 281-291, April.
- Paul Gompers & Josh Lerner & David Scharfstein, 2005. "Entrepreneurial Spawning: Public Corporations and the Genesis of New Ventures, 1986 to 1999," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(2), pages 577-614, April.
- Anton, James J & Yao, Dennis A, 1995. "Start-ups, Spin-offs, and Internal Projects," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 362-378, October.
- Steven Klepper, 2002. "The capabilities of new firms and the evolution of the US automobile industry," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 645-666, August.
- Peter Thompson, 2008. "Desperate Housewives? Communication Difficulties and the Dynamics of Marital (un)Happiness," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(532), pages 1640-1669, October.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Woo, Carolyn Y. & Dunkelberg, William C., 1988. "Entrepreneurs' perceived chances for success," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 97-108.
- Wiggins, Steven N, 1995. "Entrepreneurial Enterprises, Endogenous Ownership, and the Limits to Firm Size," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(1), pages 54-69, January.
- Qi Chen & Wei Jiang, 2006. "Analysts' Weighting of Private and Public Information," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(1), pages 319-355.
- Crawford, Vincent P & Sobel, Joel, 1982. "Strategic Information Transmission," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1431-1451, November.
- repec:bin:bpeajo:v:26:y:1995:i:1995-3:p:247-305 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSpinoffs Learning Strategic disagreement;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:28:y:2010:i:5:p:526-538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.