Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
2018, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 395-415 Language and market inclusivity for women entrepreneurship: the case of microfinance
by Drori, Israel & Manos, Ronny & Santacreu-Vasut, Estefania & Shenkar, Oded & Shoham, Amir
- 416-437 The opportunity not taken: The occupational identity of entrepreneurs in contexts of poverty
by Slade Shantz, Angelique & Kistruck, Geoffrey & Zietsma, Charlene
- 438-454 Signaling for more money: The roles of founders' human capital and investor prominence in resource acquisition across different stages of firm development
by Ko, Eun-Jeong & McKelvie, Alexander
- 455-469 Entrepreneurial orientation and innovation in family SMEs: Unveiling the (actual) impact of the Board of Directors
by Arzubiaga, Unai & Kotlar, Josip & De Massis, Alfredo & Maseda, Amaia & Iturralde, Txomin
- 470-492 The power of positivity? The influence of positive psychological capital language on crowdfunding performance
by Anglin, Aaron H. & Short, Jeremy C. & Drover, Will & Stevenson, Regan M. & McKenny, Aaron F. & Allison, Thomas H.
- 493-512 Finding the threshold: A configurational approach to optimal distinctiveness
by McKnight, Brent & Zietsma, Charlene
- 513-533 Equity crowdfunding: First resort or last resort?
by Walthoff-Borm, Xavier & Schwienbacher, Armin & Vanacker, Tom
- 534-550 International entrepreneurship beyond individuals and firms: On the systemic nature of international opportunities
by Mainela, Tuija & Puhakka, Vesa & Sipola, Sakari
2018, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 241-260 Are SMEs with immigrant owners exceptional exporters?
by Morgan, Horatio M. & Sui, Sui & Baum, Matthias
- 261-277 Giving up the hats? Entrepreneurs' role transitions and venture growth
by Mathias, Blake D. & Williams, David W.
- 278-295 Inequality and entrepreneurial thresholds
by Sarkar, Soumodip & Rufín, Carlos & Haughton, Jonathan
- 296-314 Perceived psychological distance, construal processes, and abstractness of entrepreneurial action
by Chen, H. Shawna & Mitchell, Ronald K. & Brigham, Keith H. & Howell, Roy & Steinbauer, Robert
- 315-332 Passion for entrepreneurship or passion for the product? A conjoint analysis of angel and VC decision-making
by Warnick, Benjamin J. & Murnieks, Charles Y. & McMullen, Jeffery S. & Brooks, Wade T.
- 333-350 Feeling capable and valued: A prosocial perspective on the link between empathy and social entrepreneurial intentions
by Bacq, Sophie & Alt, Elisa
- 351-370 Entrepreneurs' perceived exit performance: Conceptualization and scale development
by Strese, Steffen & Gebhard, Philipp & Feierabend, David & Brettel, Malte
- 371-393 Beyond financing: crowdfunding as an informational mechanism
by Viotto da Cruz, Jordana
2018, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 117-129 Imprinting with purpose: Prosocial opportunities and B Corp certification
by Moroz, Peter W. & Branzei, Oana & Parker, Simon C. & Gamble, Edward N.
- 130-148 Positively deviant: Identity work through B Corporation certification
by Grimes, Matthew G. & Gehman, Joel & Cao, Ke
- 149-178 The double-edged sword of purpose-driven behavior in sustainable venturing
by Muñoz, Pablo & Cacciotti, Gabriella & Cohen, Boyd
- 179-206 Category membership, identity control, and the reevaluation of prosocial opportunities
by Conger, Michael & McMullen, Jeffery S. & Bergman, Brian J. & York, Jeffrey G.
- 207-224 A configural framework of practice change for B corporations
by Sharma, Garima & Beveridge, 'Alim J. & Haigh, Nardia
- 225-240 A longitudinal comparison of capital structure between young for-profit social and commercial enterprises
by Siqueira, Ana Cristina O. & Guenster, Nadja & Vanacker, Tom & Crucke, Saskia
2018, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-19 Having a creative day: Understanding entrepreneurs' daily idea generation through a recovery lens
by Weinberger, Eva & Wach, Dominika & Stephan, Ute & Wegge, Jürgen
- 20-34 Corporate venture capital (CVC) investments and technological performance: Geographic diversity and the interplay with technology alliances
by Belderbos, René & Jacob, Jojo & Lokshin, Boris
- 35-51 Signaling by early stage startups: US government research grants and venture capital funding
by Islam, Mazhar & Fremeth, Adam & Marcus, Alfred
- 52-69 Action! Moving beyond the intendedly-rational logics of entrepreneurship
by Lerner, Daniel A. & Hunt, Richard A. & Dimov, Dimo
- 70-83 Government guaranteed small business loans and regional growth
by Lee, Yong Suk
- 84-99 Overcoming constraints of collective imagination: An inquiry into activist entrepreneuring, disruptive truth-telling and the creation of ‘possible worlds’
by Dey, Pascal & Mason, Chris
- 100-116 Effectuation under risk and uncertainty: A simulation model
by Welter, Christopher & Kim, Sungho
2017, Volume 32, Issue 6
- 611-626 The imprint of labor markets on entrepreneurial performance
by Kwon, Seok-Woo & Ruef, Martin
- 627-656 ADHD, impulsivity and entrepreneurship
by Wiklund, Johan & Yu, Wei & Tucker, Reginald & Marino, Louis D.
- 657-673 Social entrepreneurship as emancipatory work
by Chandra, Yanto
- 674-693 Institutional logics, family firm governance and performance
by Miller, Danny & Le Breton-Miller, Isabelle & Amore, Mario Daniele & Minichilli, Alessandro & Corbetta, Guido
- 694-706 Are ‘sea turtles’ slower? Returnee entrepreneurs, venture resources and speed of entrepreneurial entry
by Qin, Fei & Wright, Mike & Gao, Jian
- 707-725 Persuasion in crowdfunding: An elaboration likelihood model of crowdfunding performance
by Allison, Thomas H. & Davis, Blakley C. & Webb, Justin W. & Short, Jeremy C.
2017, Volume 32, Issue 5
- 461-475 A theory of entrepreneurship and institutional uncertainty
by Bylund, Per L. & McCaffrey, Matthew
- 476-497 Imagery of ad-venture: Understanding entrepreneurial identity through metaphor and drawing
by Clarke, Jean & Holt, Robin
- 498-518 Jacks-(and Jills)-of-all-trades: On whether, how and why gender influences firm innovativeness
by Strohmeyer, Robert & Tonoyan, Vartuhi & Jennings, Jennifer E.
- 519-535 Diversification, risk, and returns in venture capital
by Buchner, Axel & Mohamed, Abdulkadir & Schwienbacher, Armin
- 536-549 Where did interpretivism go in the theory of entrepreneurship?
by Packard, Mark D.
- 550-568 Accountability for social impact: A bricolage perspective on impact measurement in social enterprises
by Molecke, Greg & Pinkse, Jonatan
- 569-587 Entrepreneurial orientation and its effect on sustainability decision tradeoffs: The case of sustainable fashion firms
by DiVito, Lori & Bohnsack, René
- 588-610 Small but attractive: Dimensions of new venture employer attractiveness and the moderating role of applicants' entrepreneurial behaviors
by Moser, Kilian J. & Tumasjan, Andranik & Welpe, Isabell M.
2017, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 355-370 When is it time to stop doing the same old thing? How institutional and organizational entrepreneurs changed Major League Baseball
by Sherer, Peter D.
- 371-384 Self-employment differentials among foreign-born STEM and non-STEM workers
by Cai, Zhengyu & Winters, John V.
- 385-404 After the harvest: A stewardship perspective on entrepreneurship and philanthropy
by Mathias, Blake D. & Solomon, Shelby J. & Madison, Kristen
- 405-419 Institutional deterioration and entrepreneurial investment: The role of political connections
by Ge, Jianhua & Stanley, Laura J. & Eddleston, Kimberly & Kellermanns, Franz W.
- 420-442 Transitioning entrepreneurs from informal to formal markets
by Sutter, Christopher & Webb, Justin & Kistruck, Geoff & Ketchen, David J. & Ireland, R. Duane
- 443-460 Affect spin, entrepreneurs' well-being, and venture goal progress: The moderating role of goal orientation
by Uy, Marilyn A. & Sun, Shuhua & Foo, Maw-Der
2017, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 237-259 New business formation and the productivity of manufacturing incumbents: Effects and mechanisms
by Fritsch, Michael & Changoluisa, Javier
- 260-279 Passion and grit: An exploration of the pathways leading to venture success
by Mueller, Brandon A. & Wolfe, Marcus T. & Syed, Imran
- 280-301 Fear of failure as a mediator of the relationship between obstacles and nascent entrepreneurial activity—An experimental approach
by Kollmann, Tobias & Stöckmann, Christoph & Kensbock, Julia M.
- 302-317 Commercialization strategy and internationalization outcomes in technology-based new ventures
by Symeonidou, Noni & Bruneel, Johan & Autio, Erkko
- 318-333 Late-career entrepreneurship, income and quality of life
by Kautonen, Teemu & Kibler, Ewald & Minniti, Maria
- 334-353 Boosting and sustaining passion: A long-term perspective on the effects of entrepreneurship training
by Gielnik, Michael M. & Uy, Marilyn A. & Funken, Rebecca & Bischoff, Kim Marie
2017, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 131-144 Venturing into the unknown with strangers: Substitutes of relational embeddedness in cross-border partner selection in venture capital syndicates
by Meuleman, Miguel & Jääskeläinen, Mikko & Maula, Markku V.J. & Wright, Mike
- 145-161 Attributes of legitimate venture failure impressions
by Kibler, Ewald & Mandl, Christoph & Kautonen, Teemu & Berger, Elisabeth S.C.
- 162-177 Entrepreneurship and employment stability — Job matching, labour market value, and personal commitment
by Failla, Virgilio & Melillo, Francesca & Reichstein, Toke
- 178-196 Self-employment and work-related stress: The mediating role of job control and job demand
by Hessels, Jolanda & Rietveld, Cornelius A. & van der Zwan, Peter
- 197-214 Institutional environment, public-private hybrid forms, and entrepreneurial reinvestment in a transition economy
by Zhou, Wubiao
- 215-236 Linguistic style and crowdfunding success among social and commercial entrepreneurs
by Parhankangas, Annaleena & Renko, Maija
2017, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-17 How prior investments of time, money, and employee hires influence time to exit a distressed venture, and the extent to which contingency planning helps
by Yamakawa, Yasuhiro & Cardon, Melissa S.
- 18-34 Embracing digital networks: Entrepreneurs' social capital online
by Smith, Claudia & Smith, J. Brock & Shaw, Eleanor
- 35-51 Toward a dynamic process model of entrepreneurial networking under uncertainty
by Engel, Yuval & Kaandorp, Mariëtte & Elfring, Tom
- 52-71 Legitimate to whom? The challenge of audience diversity and new venture legitimacy
by Fisher, Greg & Kuratko, Donald F. & Bloodgood, James M. & Hornsby, Jeffrey S.
- 72-89 Does my contribution to your crowdfunding project matter?
by Kuppuswamy, Venkat & Bayus, Barry L.
- 90-106 Funders' positive affective reactions to entrepreneurs' crowdfunding pitches: The influence of perceived product creativity and entrepreneurial passion
by Davis, Blakley C. & Hmieleski, Keith M. & Webb, Justin W. & Coombs, Joseph E.
- 107-127 Past as prologue: Entrepreneurial inaction decisions and subsequent action judgments
by Wood, Matthew S. & Williams, David W. & Drover, Will
2016, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 613-627 Entrepreneurial exit intentions and the business-family interface
by Hsu, Dan K. & Wiklund, Johan & Anderson, Stella E. & Coffey, Betty S.
- 628-642 Interactive effects of multiple organizational climates on employee innovative behavior in entrepreneurial firms: A cross-level investigation
by Kang, Jae Hyeung & Matusik, James G. & Kim, Tae-Yeol & Phillips, J. Mark
- 643-662 An institutional logics approach to social entrepreneurship: Market logic, religious diversity, and resource acquisition by microfinance organizations
by Zhao, Eric Yanfei & Lounsbury, Michael
- 663-686 Trapped by the entrepreneurial mindset: Opportunity seeking and escalation of commitment in the Mount Everest disaster
by McMullen, Jeffery S. & Kier, Alexander S.
- 687-704 Why family matters: The impact of family resources on immigrant entrepreneurs' exit from entrepreneurship
by Bird, Miriam & Wennberg, Karl
2016, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 485-504 A meta-analysis of different HR-enhancing practices and performance of small and medium sized firms
by Rauch, Andreas & Hatak, Isabella
- 505-523 Beyond cultural values? Cultural leadership ideals and entrepreneurship
by Stephan, Ute & Pathak, Saurav
- 524-541 The effect of trade secret legal protection on venture capital investments: Evidence from the inevitable disclosure doctrine
by Castellaneta, Francesco & Conti, Raffaele & Veloso, Francisco M. & Kemeny, Carlos A.
- 542-572 Measuring the social identity of entrepreneurs: Scale development and international validation
by Sieger, Philipp & Gruber, Marc & Fauchart, Emmanuelle & Zellweger, Thomas
- 573-594 Do local and international venture capitalists play well together? The complementarity of local and international venture capitalists
by Chemmanur, Thomas J. & Hull, Tyler J. & Krishnan, Karthik
- 595-611 Passionate bricoleurs and new venture survival
by Stenholm, Pekka & Renko, Maija
2016, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 365-387 Victim entrepreneurs doing well by doing good: Venture creation and well-being in the aftermath of a resource shock
by Williams, Trenton A. & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 388-407 See Paris and… found a business? The impact of cross-cultural experience on opportunity recognition capabilities
by Vandor, Peter & Franke, Nikolaus
- 408-427 Variable risk preferences in new firm growth and survival
by Wennberg, Karl & Delmar, Frédéric & McKelvie, Alexander
- 428-448 The impact of family support on young entrepreneurs' start-up activities
by Edelman, Linda F. & Manolova, Tatiana & Shirokova, Galina & Tsukanova, Tatyana
- 449-467 Human capital in social and commercial entrepreneurship
by Estrin, Saul & Mickiewicz, Tomasz & Stephan, Ute
- 468-484 Drawn to the fire: The role of passion, tenacity and inspirational leadership in angel investing
by Murnieks, Charles Y. & Cardon, Melissa S. & Sudek, Richard & White, T. Daniel & Brooks, Wade T.
2016, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 253-271 Escalation of commitment in venture capital decision making: Differentiating between domestic and international investors
by Devigne, David & Manigart, Sophie & Wright, Mike
- 272-286 Hybrid entrepreneurship and public policy: The case of firm entry deregulation
by Schulz, Matthias & Urbig, Diemo & Procher, Vivien
- 287-301 In user's shoes: An experimental design on the role of perspective taking in discovering entrepreneurial opportunities
by Prandelli, Emanuela & Pasquini, Martina & Verona, Gianmario
- 302-325 A reconceptualization of fear of failure in entrepreneurship
by Cacciotti, Gabriella & Hayton, James C. & Mitchell, J. Robert & Giazitzoglu, Andres
- 326-343 Creative destruction and productive preemptive acquisitions
by Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars & Svensson, Roger
- 344-364 Unraveling the “passion orchestra” in academia
by Huyghe, Annelore & Knockaert, Mirjam & Obschonka, Martin
2016, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 133-152 Balancing “what matters to me” with “what matters to them”: Exploring the legitimation process of environmental entrepreneurs
by O'Neil, Isobel & Ucbasaran, Deniz
- 153-174 Contingent value of political capital in bank loan acquisition: Evidence from founder-controlled private enterprises in China
by Zhao, Hongxin & Lu, Jiangyong
- 175-195 Governmental venture capital in Europe: Screening and certification
by Guerini, Massimiliano & Quas, Anita
- 196-215 Flexible or fragile? The growth performance of small and young businesses during the global financial crisis — Evidence from Germany
by Bartz, Wiebke & Winkler, Adalbert
- 216-233 Outcomes of entrepreneurship education: An institutional perspective
by Walter, Sascha G. & Block, Jörn H.
- 234-252 Behavioral disinhibition and nascent venturing: Relevance and initial effects on potential resource providers
by Lerner, Daniel A.
2016, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-21 Aspiring to succeed: A model of entrepreneurship and fear of failure
by Morgan, John & Sisak, Dana
- 22-38 Subsidies, rent seeking and performance: Being young, small or private in China
by Du, Jun & Mickiewicz, Tomasz
- 39-54 A comparison of the effect of angels and venture capitalists on innovation and value creation
by Dutta, Supradeep & Folta, Timothy B.
- 55-71 Self-efficacy and entrepreneurs' adoption of unattainable goals: The restraining effects of self-control
by Baron, Robert A. & Mueller, Brandon A. & Wolfe, Marcus T.
- 72-94 The many faces of entrepreneurial failure: Insights from an empirical taxonomy
by Khelil, Nabil
- 95-112 Corporate venture capital portfolios and firm innovation
by Wadhwa, Anu & Phelps, Corey & Kotha, Suresh
- 113-131 Are the HR responses of small firms different from large firms in times of recession?
by Lai, Yanqing & Saridakis, George & Blackburn, Robert & Johnstone, Stewart
2015, Volume 30, Issue 6
- 775-792 Failure or voluntary exit? Reassessing the female underperformance hypothesis
by Justo, Rachida & DeTienne, Dawn R. & Sieger, Philipp
- 793-807 Uncovering the influence of social venture creation on commercial venture creation: A population ecology perspective
by Mendoza-Abarca, Karla I. & Anokhin, Sergey & Zamudio, César
- 808-821 Angel group members' decision process and rejection criteria: A longitudinal analysis
by Carpentier, Cécile & Suret, Jean-Marc
- 822-838 Making the most of group relationships: The role of gender and boundary effects in microcredit groups
by Milanov, Hana & Justo, Rachida & Bradley, Steven W.
- 839-864 Strategically camouflaged corporate governance in IPOs: Entrepreneurial masking and impression management
by Benson, David F. & Brau, James C. & Cicon, James & Ferris, Stephen P.
2015, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 655-673 From entrepreneurial intentions to actions: Self-control and action-related doubt, fear, and aversion
by Van Gelderen, Marco & Kautonen, Teemu & Fink, Matthias
- 674-695 Entrepreneurial opportunities and the entrepreneurship nexus: A re-conceptualization
by Davidsson, Per
- 696-713 Power law distributions in entrepreneurship: Implications for theory and research
by Crawford, G. Christopher & Aguinis, Herman & Lichtenstein, Benyamin & Davidsson, Per & McKelvey, Bill
- 714-731 Examining the relationship between creativity and innovation: A meta-analysis of organizational, cultural, and environmental factors
by Sarooghi, Hessamoddin & Libaers, Dirk & Burkemper, Andrew
- 732-748 How images and color in business plans influence venture investment screening decisions
by Chan, C.S. Richard & Park, Haemin Dennis
- 749-774 Value proposition evolution and the performance of internal corporate ventures
by Covin, Jeffrey G. & Garrett, Robert P. & Kuratko, Donald F. & Shepherd, Dean A.
2015, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 508-525 How does governmental versus private venture capital backing affect a firm's efficiency? Evidence from Belgium
by Alperovych, Yan & Hübner, Georges & Lobet, Fabrice
- 526-545 Economic informality and the venture funding impact of migrant remittances to developing countries11Please contact Paul M. Vaaler regarding this paper. This research benefitted from a presentation at the Instituto de Empresa, Madrid, Spain, Simon Fraser University's Beedie School of Business, Tufts University's Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign's College of Business, and the meetings of the Great Lakes Entrepreneurship Network and the Strategic Management Society. Paul M. Vaaler acknowledges financial support for this research from the Carlson School of Management's Dean's Office. He also thanks Mari Sako and Chris Flegg of Oxford University's Saïd Business School, the late Mark Janes of Oxford University's Bodleian Library for time and resources helpful to the development of this research. He is also grateful to Sebastian Plubins, Iñigo Moré Martinez and colleagues at Ria Financial for helpful comments and survey information on recent remittance industry trends. All errors are ours
by Martinez, Candace & Cummings, Michael E. & Vaaler, Paul M.
- 546-563 Bric by bric: The role of the family household in sustaining a venture in impoverished Indian slums
by Gras, David & Nason, Robert S.
- 564-581 Does innovativeness reduce startup survival rates?
by Hyytinen, Ari & Pajarinen, Mika & Rouvinen, Petri
- 582-602 Exploration and exploitation in established small and medium-sized enterprises: The effect of CEOs' regulatory focus
by Kammerlander, Nadine & Burger, Dominik & Fust, Alexander & Fueglistaller, Urs
- 603-615 The entrepreneurial journey as an emergent hierarchical system of artifact-creating processes
by Selden, Paul D. & Fletcher, Denise E.
- 616-631 The power of arguments: How entrepreneurs convince stakeholders of the legitimate distinctiveness of their ventures
by van Werven, Ruben & Bouwmeester, Onno & Cornelissen, Joep P.
- 632-654 The call of the whole in understanding the development of sustainable ventures
by Muñoz, Pablo & Dimov, Dimo
2015, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 357-374 Self-employment and the role of health insurance in the U.S
by Gumus, Gulcin & Regan, Tracy L.
- 375-389 Perceived progress variability and entrepreneurial effort intensity: The moderating role of venture goal commitment
by Uy, Marilyn A. & Foo, Maw-Der & Ilies, Remus
- 390-406 The contingent value of social resources: Entrepreneurs' use of debt-financing sources in Western China
by Zhang, Yanlong
- 407-419 Creative personality, opportunity recognition and the tendency to start businesses: A study of their genetic predispositions
by Shane, Scott & Nicolaou, Nicos
- 420-435 Joining forces: Top management team and board chair characteristics as antecedents of board service involvement
by Knockaert, Mirjam & Bjornali, Ekaterina S. & Erikson, Truls
- 436-451 The double-edged sword of legitimacy in base-of-the-pyramid markets
by Kistruck, Geoffrey M. & Webb, Justin W. & Sutter, Christopher J. & Bailey, Anastasia V.G.
- 452-466 Up to standard?
by Tang, Yi & Wezel, Filippo Carlo
- 467-487 Is microcredit a blessing for the poor? A meta-analysis examining development outcomes and contextual considerations
by Chliova, Myrto & Brinckmann, Jan & Rosenbusch, Nina
2015, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 185-204 The tortoise versus the hare: Progress and business viability differences between conventional and leisure-based founders
by Kim, Phillip H. & Longest, Kyle C. & Lippmann, Stephen
- 205-226 Assessing the impact of public venture capital programmes in the United Kingdom: Do regional characteristics matter?
by Munari, Federico & Toschi, Laura
- 227-254 Location choice of academic entrepreneurs: Evidence from the US biotechnology industry
by Kolympiris, Christos & Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas & Miller, Douglas
- 255-272 Making sense of entrepreneurial exit strategies: A typology and test
by DeTienne, Dawn R. & McKelvie, Alexander & Chandler, Gaylen N.
- 273-291 How policy positions women entrepreneurs: A comparative analysis of state discourse in Sweden and the United States
by Ahl, Helene & Nelson, Teresa
- 292-306 Turning water into wine? Exploring the role of dynamic capabilities in early-stage capitalization processes
by Townsend, David M. & Busenitz, Lowell W.
- 307-321 Social trust and angel investors' decisions: A multilevel analysis across nations
by Ding, Zhujun & Au, Kevin & Chiang, Flora
- 322-337 Parent inheritance, founder expertise, and venture strategy: Determinants of new venture knowledge impact
by Basu, Sandip & Sahaym, Arvin & Howard, Michael D. & Boeker, Warren
- 338-354 Ethnic matching in the U.S. venture capital market
by Bengtsson, Ola & Hsu, David H.
2015, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-10 Entrepreneurship through a qualitative lens: Insights on the construction and/or discovery of entrepreneurial opportunity
by Suddaby, Roy & Bruton, Garry D. & Si, Steven X.
- 11-28 Entrepreneurial inception: The role of imprinting in entrepreneurial action
by Mathias, Blake D. & Williams, David W. & Smith, Adam R.
- 29-49 Entrepreneurial legacy: Toward a theory of how some family firms nurture transgenerational entrepreneurship
by Jaskiewicz, Peter & Combs, James G. & Rau, Sabine B.
- 50-65 Embedded entrepreneurship in the creative re-construction of place
by McKeever, Edward & Jack, Sarah & Anderson, Alistair
- 66-94 How should we divide the pie? Equity distribution and its impact on entrepreneurial teams
by Breugst, Nicola & Patzelt, Holger & Rathgeber, Philipp
- 95-112 Opportunities and institutions: A co-creation story of the king crab industry
by Alvarez, Sharon A. & Young, Susan L. & Woolley, Jennifer L.
- 113-130 Emotional arousal and entrepreneurial outcomes: Combining qualitative methods to elaborate theory
by Jennings, Jennifer E. & Edwards, Tim & Devereaux Jennings, P. & Delbridge, Rick
- 131-149 Institutional entrepreneurs' social mobility in organizational fields
by Waldron, Theodore L. & Fisher, Greg & Navis, Chad
- 150-166 Failed, not finished: A narrative approach to understanding venture failure stigmatization
by Singh, Smita & Corner, Patricia Doyle & Pavlovich, Kathryn
- 167-184 The evolution of interorganizational relationships in emerging ventures: An ethnographic study within the new product development process
by Marion, Tucker J. & Eddleston, Kimberly A. & Friar, John H. & Deeds, David
2014, Volume 29, Issue 6
- 723-740 Take the money or run? Investors' ethical reputation and entrepreneurs' willingness to partner
by Drover, Will & Wood, Matthew S. & Fassin, Yves
- 741-754 When do investors forgive entrepreneurs for lying?
by Pollack, Jeffrey M. & Bosse, Douglas A.
- 755-772 A temporal analysis of how entrepreneurial goal intentions, positive fantasies, and action planning affect starting a new venture and when the effects wear off
by Gielnik, Michael M. & Barabas, Stefanie & Frese, Michael & Namatovu-Dawa, Rebecca & Scholz, Florian A. & Metzger, Juliane R. & Walter, Thomas
- 773-784 Publication bias in entrepreneurship research: An examination of dominant relations to performance
by O'Boyle, Ernest H. & Rutherford, Matthew W. & Banks, George C.
- 785-806 You can't leave your work behind: Employment experience and founding collaborations
by Kim, Phillip H. & Longest, Kyle C.
- 807-821 When do firms benefit from university–industry R&D collaborations? The implications of firm R&D focus on scientific research and technological recombination
by Soh, Pek-Hooi & Subramanian, Annapoornima M.
- 822-835 When do female-owned businesses out-survive male-owned businesses? A disaggregated approach by industry and geography
by Kalnins, Arturs & Williams, Michele
2014, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 453-470 Practice makes perfect: Entrepreneurial-experience curves and venture performance
by Toft-Kehler, Rasmus & Wennberg, Karl & Kim, Phillip H.
- 471-489 National distances, international experience, and venture capital investment performance
by Li, Yong & Vertinsky, Ilan B. & Li, Jing
- 490-510 Macro-level determinants of formal entrepreneurship versus informal entrepreneurship
by Thai, Mai Thi Thanh & Turkina, Ekaterina
- 511-524 Entrepreneurial orientation and international scope: The differential roles of innovativeness, proactiveness, and risk-taking
by Dai, Li & Maksimov, Vladislav & Gilbert, Brett Anitra & Fernhaber, Stephanie A.
- 525-542 Trademarks and venture capital valuation
by Block, Joern H. & De Vries, Geertjan & Schumann, Jan H. & Sandner, Philipp
- 543-564 How entrepreneurs seduce business angels: An impression management approach
by Parhankangas, Annaleena & Ehrlich, Michael
- 565-583 Online entrepreneurial communication: Mitigating uncertainty and increasing differentiation via Twitter
by Fischer, Eileen & Rebecca Reuber, A.
2014, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 345-362 Do different factors explain male and female self-employment rates?
by Saridakis, George & Marlow, Susan & Storey, David J.
- 363-376 Social entrepreneurship as an essentially contested concept: Opening a new avenue for systematic future research
by Choi, Nia & Majumdar, Satyajit
- 377-391 When do domestic alliances help ventures abroad? Direct and moderating effects from a learning perspective
by Milanov, Hana & Fernhaber, Stephanie A.
- 392-404 Risky business? The survival implications of exploiting commercial opportunities by nonprofits
by Gras, David & Mendoza-Abarca, Karla I.
- 405-420 New insights into venture capitalists' activity: IPO and time-to-exit forecast as antecedents of their post-investment involvement
by Gerasymenko, Violetta & Arthurs, Jonathan D.
- 421-436 Regional influences on the prevalence of family versus non-family start-ups
by Bird, Miriam & Wennberg, Karl
- 437-452 Technological arbitrage opportunities and interindustry differences in entry rates
by Anokhin, Sergey & Wincent, Joakim
2014, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 193-209 The role of information asymmetry in the choice of entrepreneurial exit routes
by Dehlen, Tobias & Zellweger, Thomas & Kammerlander, Nadine & Halter, Frank
- 210-231 Injecting demand through spillovers: Foreign direct investment, domestic socio-political conditions, and host-country entrepreneurial activity
by Kim, Phillip H. & Li, Mingxiang
- 232-251 Why are some people more likely to become small-businesses owners than others: Entrepreneurship entry and industry-specific barriers
by Lofstrom, Magnus & Bates, Timothy & Parker, Simon C.
- 252-272 Making it personal: Opportunity individuation and the shaping of opportunity beliefs
by Wood, Matthew S. & McKelvie, Alexander & Haynie, J. Michael
- 273-288 Gender differences in evaluation of new business opportunity: A stereotype threat perspective
by Gupta, Vishal K. & Goktan, A. Banu & Gunay, Gonca
- 289-309 Proprietorship and unemployment in the United States
by Gohmann, Stephan F. & Fernandez, Jose M.
- 310-326 Beyond environmental scarcity: Human and social capital as driving forces of bootstrapping activities
by Grichnik, Dietmar & Brinckmann, Jan & Singh, Luv & Manigart, Sophie
- 327-344 Entrepreneurial orientation and network board diversity in network organizations
by Wincent, Joakim & Thorgren, Sara & Anokhin, Sergey
2014, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-16 The dynamics of crowdfunding: An exploratory study
by Mollick, Ethan
- 17-33 Individual responses to firm failure: Appraisals, grief, and the influence of prior failure experience
by Jenkins, Anna S. & Wiklund, Johan & Brundin, Ethel
- 34-54 The impact of media on the legitimacy of new market categories: The case of broadband internet
by Schultz, Patrick L. & Marin, Alejandra & Boal, Kimberly B.
- 55-71 Do young firms owned by recent immigrants outperform other young firms?
by Neville, François & Orser, Barbara & Riding, Allan & Jung, Owen
- 72-87 Participating convertible preferred stock in venture capital exits
by Arcot, Sridhar
- 88-105 The entrepreneurial earnings puzzle: Mismeasurement or real?
by Åstebro, Thomas & Chen, Jing
- 106-120 International commitment, post-entry growth and survival of international new ventures
by Sleuwaegen, Leo & Onkelinx, Jonas
- 121-136 Localized competition in the knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship
by Plummer, Lawrence A. & Acs, Zoltan J.
- 137-151 Industry and startup experience on entrepreneur forecast performance in new firms
by Cassar, Gavin
- 152-173 Social capital of entrepreneurs and small firm performance: A meta-analysis of contextual and methodological moderators
by Stam, Wouter & Arzlanian, Souren & Elfring, Tom
- 174-192 Entry and exit in disequilibrium
by Burke, Andrew & van Stel, André
2013, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 683-689 Entrepreneurship as a solution to poverty
by Bruton, Garry D. & Ketchen, David J. & Ireland, R. Duane
- 690-707 The effect of entrepreneurial rhetoric on microlending investment: An examination of the warm-glow effect
by Allison, Thomas H. & McKenny, Aaron F. & Short, Jeremy C.
- 708-727 Entrepreneurial orientation, market orientation, network ties, and performance: Study of entrepreneurial firms in a developing economy
by Boso, Nathaniel & Story, Vicky M. & Cadogan, John W.
- 728-742 Toward a theory of transformative entrepreneuring: Poverty reduction and conflict resolution in Rwanda's entrepreneurial coffee sector
by Tobias, Jutta M. & Mair, Johanna & Barbosa-Leiker, Celestina
- 743-758 Entrepreneurs' responses to semi-formal illegitimate institutional arrangements
by Sutter, Christopher J. & Webb, Justin W. & Kistruck, Geoffrey M. & Bailey, Anastasia V.G.
- 759-773 Bankers at the gate: Microfinance and the high cost of borrowed logics
by Kent, Derin & Dacin, M. Tina
- 774-789 Religion, social class, and entrepreneurial choice
by Audretsch, David B. & Bönte, Werner & Tamvada, Jagannadha Pawan
2013, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 583-597 Joint effects of prior start-up experience and coping strategies on entrepreneurs’ psychological well-being
by Uy, Marilyn A. & Foo, Maw-Der & Song, Zhaoli
- 598-614 Research on entrepreneurship in the informal economy: Framing a research agenda
by Webb, Justin W. & Bruton, Garry D. & Tihanyi, Laszlo & Ireland, R. Duane
- 615-632 Growth paths and survival chances: An application of Gambler's Ruin theory
by Coad, Alex & Frankish, Julian & Roberts, Richard G. & Storey, David J.