Journal of Business Venturing
2015, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 508-525 How does governmental versus private venture capital backing affect a firm's efficiency? Evidence from Belgium
by Alperovych, Yan & Hübner, Georges & Lobet, Fabrice
- 526-545 Economic informality and the venture funding impact of migrant remittances to developing countries11Please contact Paul M. Vaaler regarding this paper. This research benefitted from a presentation at the Instituto de Empresa, Madrid, Spain, Simon Fraser University's Beedie School of Business, Tufts University's Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign's College of Business, and the meetings of the Great Lakes Entrepreneurship Network and the Strategic Management Society. Paul M. Vaaler acknowledges financial support for this research from the Carlson School of Management's Dean's Office. He also thanks Mari Sako and Chris Flegg of Oxford University's Saïd Business School, the late Mark Janes of Oxford University's Bodleian Library for time and resources helpful to the development of this research. He is also grateful to Sebastian Plubins, Iñigo Moré Martinez and colleagues at Ria Financial for helpful comments and survey information on recent remittance industry trends. All errors are ours
by Martinez, Candace & Cummings, Michael E. & Vaaler, Paul M.
- 546-563 Bric by bric: The role of the family household in sustaining a venture in impoverished Indian slums
by Gras, David & Nason, Robert S.
- 564-581 Does innovativeness reduce startup survival rates?
by Hyytinen, Ari & Pajarinen, Mika & Rouvinen, Petri
- 582-602 Exploration and exploitation in established small and medium-sized enterprises: The effect of CEOs' regulatory focus
by Kammerlander, Nadine & Burger, Dominik & Fust, Alexander & Fueglistaller, Urs
- 603-615 The entrepreneurial journey as an emergent hierarchical system of artifact-creating processes
by Selden, Paul D. & Fletcher, Denise E.
- 616-631 The power of arguments: How entrepreneurs convince stakeholders of the legitimate distinctiveness of their ventures
by van Werven, Ruben & Bouwmeester, Onno & Cornelissen, Joep P.
- 632-654 The call of the whole in understanding the development of sustainable ventures
by Muñoz, Pablo & Dimov, Dimo
2015, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 357-374 Self-employment and the role of health insurance in the U.S
by Gumus, Gulcin & Regan, Tracy L.
- 375-389 Perceived progress variability and entrepreneurial effort intensity: The moderating role of venture goal commitment
by Uy, Marilyn A. & Foo, Maw-Der & Ilies, Remus
- 390-406 The contingent value of social resources: Entrepreneurs' use of debt-financing sources in Western China
by Zhang, Yanlong
- 407-419 Creative personality, opportunity recognition and the tendency to start businesses: A study of their genetic predispositions
by Shane, Scott & Nicolaou, Nicos
- 420-435 Joining forces: Top management team and board chair characteristics as antecedents of board service involvement
by Knockaert, Mirjam & Bjornali, Ekaterina S. & Erikson, Truls
- 436-451 The double-edged sword of legitimacy in base-of-the-pyramid markets
by Kistruck, Geoffrey M. & Webb, Justin W. & Sutter, Christopher J. & Bailey, Anastasia V.G.
- 452-466 Up to standard?
by Tang, Yi & Wezel, Filippo Carlo
- 467-487 Is microcredit a blessing for the poor? A meta-analysis examining development outcomes and contextual considerations
by Chliova, Myrto & Brinckmann, Jan & Rosenbusch, Nina
2015, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 185-204 The tortoise versus the hare: Progress and business viability differences between conventional and leisure-based founders
by Kim, Phillip H. & Longest, Kyle C. & Lippmann, Stephen
- 205-226 Assessing the impact of public venture capital programmes in the United Kingdom: Do regional characteristics matter?
by Munari, Federico & Toschi, Laura
- 227-254 Location choice of academic entrepreneurs: Evidence from the US biotechnology industry
by Kolympiris, Christos & Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas & Miller, Douglas
- 255-272 Making sense of entrepreneurial exit strategies: A typology and test
by DeTienne, Dawn R. & McKelvie, Alexander & Chandler, Gaylen N.
- 273-291 How policy positions women entrepreneurs: A comparative analysis of state discourse in Sweden and the United States
by Ahl, Helene & Nelson, Teresa
- 292-306 Turning water into wine? Exploring the role of dynamic capabilities in early-stage capitalization processes
by Townsend, David M. & Busenitz, Lowell W.
- 307-321 Social trust and angel investors' decisions: A multilevel analysis across nations
by Ding, Zhujun & Au, Kevin & Chiang, Flora
- 322-337 Parent inheritance, founder expertise, and venture strategy: Determinants of new venture knowledge impact
by Basu, Sandip & Sahaym, Arvin & Howard, Michael D. & Boeker, Warren
- 338-354 Ethnic matching in the U.S. venture capital market
by Bengtsson, Ola & Hsu, David H.
2015, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-10 Entrepreneurship through a qualitative lens: Insights on the construction and/or discovery of entrepreneurial opportunity
by Suddaby, Roy & Bruton, Garry D. & Si, Steven X.
- 11-28 Entrepreneurial inception: The role of imprinting in entrepreneurial action
by Mathias, Blake D. & Williams, David W. & Smith, Adam R.
- 29-49 Entrepreneurial legacy: Toward a theory of how some family firms nurture transgenerational entrepreneurship
by Jaskiewicz, Peter & Combs, James G. & Rau, Sabine B.
- 50-65 Embedded entrepreneurship in the creative re-construction of place
by McKeever, Edward & Jack, Sarah & Anderson, Alistair
- 66-94 How should we divide the pie? Equity distribution and its impact on entrepreneurial teams
by Breugst, Nicola & Patzelt, Holger & Rathgeber, Philipp
- 95-112 Opportunities and institutions: A co-creation story of the king crab industry
by Alvarez, Sharon A. & Young, Susan L. & Woolley, Jennifer L.
- 113-130 Emotional arousal and entrepreneurial outcomes: Combining qualitative methods to elaborate theory
by Jennings, Jennifer E. & Edwards, Tim & Devereaux Jennings, P. & Delbridge, Rick
- 131-149 Institutional entrepreneurs' social mobility in organizational fields
by Waldron, Theodore L. & Fisher, Greg & Navis, Chad
- 150-166 Failed, not finished: A narrative approach to understanding venture failure stigmatization
by Singh, Smita & Corner, Patricia Doyle & Pavlovich, Kathryn
- 167-184 The evolution of interorganizational relationships in emerging ventures: An ethnographic study within the new product development process
by Marion, Tucker J. & Eddleston, Kimberly A. & Friar, John H. & Deeds, David
2014, Volume 29, Issue 6
- 723-740 Take the money or run? Investors' ethical reputation and entrepreneurs' willingness to partner
by Drover, Will & Wood, Matthew S. & Fassin, Yves
- 741-754 When do investors forgive entrepreneurs for lying?
by Pollack, Jeffrey M. & Bosse, Douglas A.
- 755-772 A temporal analysis of how entrepreneurial goal intentions, positive fantasies, and action planning affect starting a new venture and when the effects wear off
by Gielnik, Michael M. & Barabas, Stefanie & Frese, Michael & Namatovu-Dawa, Rebecca & Scholz, Florian A. & Metzger, Juliane R. & Walter, Thomas
- 773-784 Publication bias in entrepreneurship research: An examination of dominant relations to performance
by O'Boyle, Ernest H. & Rutherford, Matthew W. & Banks, George C.
- 785-806 You can't leave your work behind: Employment experience and founding collaborations
by Kim, Phillip H. & Longest, Kyle C.
- 807-821 When do firms benefit from university–industry R&D collaborations? The implications of firm R&D focus on scientific research and technological recombination
by Soh, Pek-Hooi & Subramanian, Annapoornima M.
- 822-835 When do female-owned businesses out-survive male-owned businesses? A disaggregated approach by industry and geography
by Kalnins, Arturs & Williams, Michele
2014, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 453-470 Practice makes perfect: Entrepreneurial-experience curves and venture performance
by Toft-Kehler, Rasmus & Wennberg, Karl & Kim, Phillip H.
- 471-489 National distances, international experience, and venture capital investment performance
by Li, Yong & Vertinsky, Ilan B. & Li, Jing
- 490-510 Macro-level determinants of formal entrepreneurship versus informal entrepreneurship
by Thai, Mai Thi Thanh & Turkina, Ekaterina
- 511-524 Entrepreneurial orientation and international scope: The differential roles of innovativeness, proactiveness, and risk-taking
by Dai, Li & Maksimov, Vladislav & Gilbert, Brett Anitra & Fernhaber, Stephanie A.
- 525-542 Trademarks and venture capital valuation
by Block, Joern H. & De Vries, Geertjan & Schumann, Jan H. & Sandner, Philipp
- 543-564 How entrepreneurs seduce business angels: An impression management approach
by Parhankangas, Annaleena & Ehrlich, Michael
- 565-583 Online entrepreneurial communication: Mitigating uncertainty and increasing differentiation via Twitter
by Fischer, Eileen & Rebecca Reuber, A.
2014, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 345-362 Do different factors explain male and female self-employment rates?
by Saridakis, George & Marlow, Susan & Storey, David J.
- 363-376 Social entrepreneurship as an essentially contested concept: Opening a new avenue for systematic future research
by Choi, Nia & Majumdar, Satyajit
- 377-391 When do domestic alliances help ventures abroad? Direct and moderating effects from a learning perspective
by Milanov, Hana & Fernhaber, Stephanie A.
- 392-404 Risky business? The survival implications of exploiting commercial opportunities by nonprofits
by Gras, David & Mendoza-Abarca, Karla I.
- 405-420 New insights into venture capitalists' activity: IPO and time-to-exit forecast as antecedents of their post-investment involvement
by Gerasymenko, Violetta & Arthurs, Jonathan D.
- 421-436 Regional influences on the prevalence of family versus non-family start-ups
by Bird, Miriam & Wennberg, Karl
- 437-452 Technological arbitrage opportunities and interindustry differences in entry rates
by Anokhin, Sergey & Wincent, Joakim
2014, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 193-209 The role of information asymmetry in the choice of entrepreneurial exit routes
by Dehlen, Tobias & Zellweger, Thomas & Kammerlander, Nadine & Halter, Frank
- 210-231 Injecting demand through spillovers: Foreign direct investment, domestic socio-political conditions, and host-country entrepreneurial activity
by Kim, Phillip H. & Li, Mingxiang
- 232-251 Why are some people more likely to become small-businesses owners than others: Entrepreneurship entry and industry-specific barriers
by Lofstrom, Magnus & Bates, Timothy & Parker, Simon C.
- 252-272 Making it personal: Opportunity individuation and the shaping of opportunity beliefs
by Wood, Matthew S. & McKelvie, Alexander & Haynie, J. Michael
- 273-288 Gender differences in evaluation of new business opportunity: A stereotype threat perspective
by Gupta, Vishal K. & Goktan, A. Banu & Gunay, Gonca
- 289-309 Proprietorship and unemployment in the United States
by Gohmann, Stephan F. & Fernandez, Jose M.
- 310-326 Beyond environmental scarcity: Human and social capital as driving forces of bootstrapping activities
by Grichnik, Dietmar & Brinckmann, Jan & Singh, Luv & Manigart, Sophie
- 327-344 Entrepreneurial orientation and network board diversity in network organizations
by Wincent, Joakim & Thorgren, Sara & Anokhin, Sergey
2014, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-16 The dynamics of crowdfunding: An exploratory study
by Mollick, Ethan
- 17-33 Individual responses to firm failure: Appraisals, grief, and the influence of prior failure experience
by Jenkins, Anna S. & Wiklund, Johan & Brundin, Ethel
- 34-54 The impact of media on the legitimacy of new market categories: The case of broadband internet
by Schultz, Patrick L. & Marin, Alejandra & Boal, Kimberly B.
- 55-71 Do young firms owned by recent immigrants outperform other young firms?
by Neville, François & Orser, Barbara & Riding, Allan & Jung, Owen
- 72-87 Participating convertible preferred stock in venture capital exits
by Arcot, Sridhar
- 88-105 The entrepreneurial earnings puzzle: Mismeasurement or real?
by Åstebro, Thomas & Chen, Jing
- 106-120 International commitment, post-entry growth and survival of international new ventures
by Sleuwaegen, Leo & Onkelinx, Jonas
- 121-136 Localized competition in the knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship
by Plummer, Lawrence A. & Acs, Zoltan J.
- 137-151 Industry and startup experience on entrepreneur forecast performance in new firms
by Cassar, Gavin
- 152-173 Social capital of entrepreneurs and small firm performance: A meta-analysis of contextual and methodological moderators
by Stam, Wouter & Arzlanian, Souren & Elfring, Tom
- 174-192 Entry and exit in disequilibrium
by Burke, Andrew & van Stel, André
2013, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 683-689 Entrepreneurship as a solution to poverty
by Bruton, Garry D. & Ketchen, David J. & Ireland, R. Duane
- 690-707 The effect of entrepreneurial rhetoric on microlending investment: An examination of the warm-glow effect
by Allison, Thomas H. & McKenny, Aaron F. & Short, Jeremy C.
- 708-727 Entrepreneurial orientation, market orientation, network ties, and performance: Study of entrepreneurial firms in a developing economy
by Boso, Nathaniel & Story, Vicky M. & Cadogan, John W.
- 728-742 Toward a theory of transformative entrepreneuring: Poverty reduction and conflict resolution in Rwanda's entrepreneurial coffee sector
by Tobias, Jutta M. & Mair, Johanna & Barbosa-Leiker, Celestina
- 743-758 Entrepreneurs' responses to semi-formal illegitimate institutional arrangements
by Sutter, Christopher J. & Webb, Justin W. & Kistruck, Geoffrey M. & Bailey, Anastasia V.G.
- 759-773 Bankers at the gate: Microfinance and the high cost of borrowed logics
by Kent, Derin & Dacin, M. Tina
- 774-789 Religion, social class, and entrepreneurial choice
by Audretsch, David B. & Bönte, Werner & Tamvada, Jagannadha Pawan
2013, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 583-597 Joint effects of prior start-up experience and coping strategies on entrepreneurs’ psychological well-being
by Uy, Marilyn A. & Foo, Maw-Der & Song, Zhaoli
- 598-614 Research on entrepreneurship in the informal economy: Framing a research agenda
by Webb, Justin W. & Bruton, Garry D. & Tihanyi, Laszlo & Ireland, R. Duane
- 615-632 Growth paths and survival chances: An application of Gambler's Ruin theory
by Coad, Alex & Frankish, Julian & Roberts, Richard G. & Storey, David J.
- 633-651 Reconstructing entrepreneurial intentions to identify predisposition for growth
by Douglas, Evan J.
- 652-666 Do serial entrepreneurs run successively better-performing businesses?
by Parker, Simon C.
- 667-682 Can socioeconomic heritage produce a lost generation with regard to entrepreneurship?
by Wyrwich, Michael
2013, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 459-473 Narrative attributions of entrepreneurial failure
by Mantere, Saku & Aula, Pekka & Schildt, Henri & Vaara, Eero
- 474-488 Women's self-employment: An act of institutional (dis)integration? A multilevel, cross-country study
by Klyver, Kim & Nielsen, Suna Løwe & Evald, Majbritt Rostgaard
- 489-510 The impact of venture capital on the productivity growth of European entrepreneurial firms: ‘Screening’ or ‘value added’ effect?
by Croce, Annalisa & Martí, José & Murtinu, Samuele
- 511-527 Joining the pack or going solo? A dynamic theory of new firm positioning
by Boone, Christophe & Wezel, Filippo Carlo & van Witteloostuijn, Arjen
- 528-545 The entrepreneur's investor choice: The impact on later-stage firm development
by Schwienbacher, Armin
- 546-563 A conceptual framework for entrepreneurship education policy: Meeting government and economic purposes
by O'Connor, Allan
- 564-580 Which institutions encourage entrepreneurial growth aspirations?
by Estrin, Saul & Korosteleva, Julia & Mickiewicz, Tomasz
2013, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 335-353 Does acquiring venture capital pay off for the funded firms? A meta-analysis on the relationship between venture capital investment and funded firm financial performance
by Rosenbusch, Nina & Brinckmann, Jan & Müller, Verena
- 354-372 Are all startups affected similarly by clusters? Agglomeration, competition, firm heterogeneity, and survival
by Pe'er, Aviad & Keil, Thomas
- 373-396 Measuring entrepreneurial passion: Conceptual foundations and scale validation
by Cardon, Melissa S. & Gregoire, Denis A. & Stevens, Christopher E. & Patel, Pankaj C.
- 397-412 The influence of dispositional affect and cognition on venture investment portfolio concentration
by Chan, Chien Sheng Richard & Park, Haemin Dennis
- 413-429 The influence of firm age and intangible resources on the relationship between entrepreneurial orientation and firm growth among Japanese SMEs
by Anderson, Brian S. & Eshima, Yoshihiro
- 430-442 Towards a schematic theory of entrepreneurial alertness
by Valliere, Dave
- 443-457 Turning small business interns into applicants: The mediating role of perceived justice
by Zhao, Hao
2013, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 195-210 Improving new technology venture performance under direct and indirect network externality conditions
by Podoynitsyna, Ksenia & Song, Michael & van der Bij, Hans & Weggeman, Mathieu
- 211-224 Examining the formation of human capital in entrepreneurship: A meta-analysis of entrepreneurship education outcomes
by Martin, Bruce C. & McNally, Jeffrey J. & Kay, Michael J.
- 225-240 Do entrepreneurial goals matter? Resource allocation in new owner-managed firms
by Dunkelberg, William & Moore, Carmen & Scott, Jonathan & Stull, William
- 241-260 Multilateral R&D alliances by new ventures
by Li, Dan
- 261-280 Linking family-to-business enrichment and support to entrepreneurial success: Do female and male entrepreneurs experience different outcomes?
by Powell, Gary N. & Eddleston, Kimberly A.
- 281-298 Exploring the evolution of supporter networks in the creation of new organizations
by Newbert, Scott L. & Tornikoski, Erno T. & Quigley, Narda R.
- 299-315 Political connections and entrepreneurial investment: Evidence from China's transition economy
by Zhou, Wubiao
- 316-334 International exposure through network relationships: Implications for new venture internationalization
by Fernhaber, Stephanie A. & Li, Dan
2013, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-9 Institutions, entrepreneurs, and communities: A special issue on entrepreneurship
by Jennings, P. Devereaux & Greenwood, Royston & Lounsbury, Michael D. & Suddaby, Roy
- 10-29 “Living in the fishbowl”. Generating an entrepreneurial culture in a local community in Argentina
by Marti, Ignasi & Courpasson, David & Dubard Barbosa, Saulo
- 30-50 When institutional change outruns the change agent: The contested terrain of entrepreneurial microfinance for those in poverty
by Khavul, Susanna & Chavez, Helmuth & Bruton, Garry D.
- 51-68 Creating opportunities for institutional entrepreneurship: The Colonel and the Cup in English County Cricket
by Wright, April L. & Zammuto, Raymond F.
- 69-82 Crescive entrepreneurship in complex social problems: Institutional conditions for entrepreneurial engagement
by Dorado, Silvia & Ventresca, Marc J.
- 83-97 To be different, or to be the same? An exploratory study of isomorphism in the cluster
by Tan, Justin & Shao, Yunfei & Li, Wan
- 98-116 The microstructures of rhetorical strategy in social entrepreneurship: Building legitimacy through heroes and villains
by Ruebottom, Trish
- 117-133 Contextualizing the categorical imperative: Category linkages, technology focus, and resource acquisition in nanotechnology entrepreneurship
by Wry, Tyler & Lounsbury, Michael
- 134-150 Building entrepreneurial tie portfolios through strategic homophily: The role of narrative identity work in venture creation and early growth
by Phillips, Nelson & Tracey, Paul & Karra, Neri
- 151-175 Start-up incentives: Entrepreneurship policy or active labour market programme?
by Román, Concepción & Congregado, Emilio & Millán, José María
- 176-193 Exploring country-level institutional arrangements on the rate and type of entrepreneurial activity
by Stenholm, Pekka & Acs, Zoltan J. & Wuebker, Robert
2012, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 607-621 The development of new products: The role of firm context and managerial cognition
by Plambeck, Nils
- 622-636 In the eye of the beholder: How regulatory focus and self-efficacy interact in influencing opportunity recognition
by Tumasjan, Andranik & Braun, Reiner
- 637-651 Confirmatory search as a useful heuristic? testing the veracity of entrepreneurial conjectures
by Shepherd, Dean A. & Haynie, J. Michael & McMullen, Jeffery S.
- 652-665 Corporate shareholdings and organizational ambidexterity in high-tech SMEs: Evidence from a transitional economy
by Gedajlovic, Eric & Cao, Qing & Zhang, Hongping
- 666-684 Cross-border venture capital investments in Asia: Selection and exit performance
by Dai, Na & Jo, Hoje & Kassicieh, Sul
2012, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 401-413 Enriching strategic variety in new ventures through external knowledge
by Larrañeta, Bárbara & Zahra, Shaker A. & González, José Luis Galán
- 414-435 Intergenerational transmission of entrepreneurial intentions
by Laspita, Stavroula & Breugst, Nicola & Heblich, Stephan & Patzelt, Holger
- 436-455 Stakeholder–firm power difference, stakeholders' CSR orientation, and SMEs' environmental performance in China
by Tang, Zhi & Tang, Jintong
- 456-476 Are entrepreneurs influenced by risk attitude, regulatory focus or both? An experiment on entrepreneurs' time allocation
by Burmeister-Lamp, Katrin & Lévesque, Moren & Schade, Christian
- 477-492 Out of sight but not out of mind: Why failure to account for left truncation biases research on failure rates
by Yang, Tiantian & Aldrich, Howard E.
- 493-505 Conducting field experiments using eLancing's natural environment
by Aguinis, Herman & Lawal, Sola O.
- 506-521 Assessing the effectiveness of guided preparation for new venture creation and performance: Theory and practice
by Rotger, Gabriel Pons & Gørtz, Mette & Storey, David J.
2012, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 291-309 Entrepreneurial actions and optimistic overconfidence: The role of motivated reasoning in new product introductions
by Simon, Mark & Shrader, Rodney C.
- 310-324 Entrepreneurs' dispositional positive affect: The potential benefits – and potential costs – of being “up”
by Baron, Robert A. & Hmieleski, Keith M. & Henry, Rebecca A.
- 325-341 Why do entrepreneurs use franchising as a financial tool? An agency explanation
by Gonzalez-Diaz, Manuel & Solis-Rodriguez, Vanesa
- 342-354 Does venture capitalist activism improve investment performance?
by Jackson, William E. & Bates, Timothy & Bradford, William D.
- 355-371 Alliance portfolios and shareholder value in post-IPO firms: The moderating roles of portfolio structure and firm-level uncertainty
by Mouri, Nacef & Sarkar, M.B. & Frye, Melissa
- 372-384 Nascent ventures competing for start-up capital: Matching reputations and investors
by Ebbers, Joris J. & Wijnberg, Nachoem M.
- 385-399 The value of business planning before start-up — A decision-theoretical perspective
by Chwolka, Anne & Raith, Matthias G.
2012, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 167-184 Corporate effectuation: Entrepreneurial action and its impact on R&D project performance
by Brettel, Malte & Mauer, René & Engelen, Andreas & Küpper, Daniel
- 185-196 Measuring the market newness of new ventures
by Dahlqvist, Jonas & Wiklund, Johan
- 197-216 Strategic and institutional effects on foreign IPO performance: Examining the impact of country of origin, corporate governance, and host country effects
by Bell, R. Greg & Moore, Curt B. & Filatotchev, Igor
- 217-233 Strategic alliances and product development in high technology new firms: The moderating effect of technological capabilities
by Haeussler, Carolin & Patzelt, Holger & Zahra, Shaker A.
- 234-247 Does culture still matter?: The effects of individualism on national innovation rates
by Taylor, Mark Zachary & Wilson, Sean
- 248-265 R&D investments in family and founder firms: An agency perspective
by Block, Joern H.
- 266-290 International entrepreneurship research in emerging economies: A critical review and research agenda
by Kiss, Andreea N. & Danis, Wade M. & Cavusgil, S. Tamer
2011, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 604-623 Entrepreneurial learning from failure: An interpretative phenomenological analysis
by Cope, Jason
- 625-631 The emergence, advance and future of international entrepreneurship research — An introduction to the special forum
by Coviello, Nicole E. & McDougall, Patricia P. & Oviatt, Benjamin M.
- 632-659 International Entrepreneurship research (1989–2009): A domain ontology and thematic analysis
by Jones, Marian V. & Coviello, Nicole & Tang, Yee Kwan
- 660-679 International entrepreneurship in internet-enabled markets
by Reuber, A. Rebecca & Fischer, Eileen
2011, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 505-520 How do bankruptcy laws affect entrepreneurship development around the world?
by Lee, Seung-Hyun & Yamakawa, Yasuhiro & Peng, Mike W. & Barney, Jay B.
- 521-536 Should I stay or should I go? Career choice intentions of students with family business background
by Zellweger, Thomas & Sieger, Philipp & Halter, Frank
- 537-554 Swinging a double-edged sword: The effect of slack on entrepreneurial management and growth
by Bradley, Steven W. & Wiklund, Johan & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 555-571 The dual nature of innovative activity: How entrepreneurial orientation influences innovation generation and adoption
by Pérez-Luño, Ana & Wiklund, Johan & Cabrera, Ramón Valle
- 572-588 Is self-employment really a bad experience?: The effects of previous self-employment on subsequent wage-employment wages
by Kaiser, Ulrich & Malchow-Møller, Nikolaj
- 589-602 The study of emerging industries: Recognizing and responding to some central problems
by Forbes, Daniel P. & Kirsch, David A.
2011, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 391-411 CEO compensation in venture-backed firms
by Bengtsson, Ola & Hand, John R.M.
- 412-430 Industry changes in technology and complementary assets and the creation of high-growth firms
by Eckhardt, Jonathan T. & Shane, Scott A.
- 431-440 Interaction between feasibility and desirability in the formation of entrepreneurial intentions
by Fitzsimmons, Jason R. & Douglas, Evan J.
- 441-457 Is innovation always beneficial? A meta-analysis of the relationship between innovation and performance in SMEs
by Rosenbusch, Nina & Brinckmann, Jan & Bausch, Andreas
- 458-471 Persistence and heterogeneity in entrepreneurship: An evolutionary game theoretic analysis
by Kuechle, Graciela
- 472-488 Family involvement and new venture debt financing
by Chua, Jess H. & Chrisman, James J. & Kellermanns, Franz & Wu, Zhenyu
- 489-503 Configuring a corporate venturing portfolio to create growth value: Within-portfolio diversity and strategic linkage
by Lin, Shu-Jou & Lee, Ji-Ren
2011, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 273-292 Unpacking the uncertainty construct: Implications for entrepreneurial action
by McKelvie, Alexander & Haynie, J. Michael & Gustavsson, Veronica
- 293-305 Contingency as an entrepreneurial resource: How private obsession fulfills public need
by Harmeling, Susan
- 306-320 The moderating effects of customer driven complexity on the structure and growth relationship in young firms
by Chowdhury, Sanjib
- 321-340 A model of trust and compliance in franchise relationships
by Davies, Mark A.P. & Lassar, Walfried & Manolis, Chris & Prince, Melvin & Winsor, Robert D.
- 341-358 Human capital and entrepreneurial success: A meta-analytical review
by Unger, Jens M. & Rauch, Andreas & Frese, Michael & Rosenbusch, Nina
- 359-374 An entrepreneur's choice of venture capitalist or angel-financing: A behavioral game-theoretic approach
by Fairchild, Richard
- 375-390 Causation and effectuation processes: A validation study
by Chandler, Gaylen N. & DeTienne, Dawn R. & McKelvie, Alexander & Mumford, Troy V.
2011, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 153-171 Towards understanding who makes corporate venture capital investments and why
by Basu, Sandip & Phelps, Corey & Kotha, Suresh
- 172-188 "In pursuit of the real deal": A longitudinal study of VC decision making
by Petty, Jeffrey S. & Gruber, Marc
- 189-199 Private equity investment decisions in family firms: The role of human resources and agency costs
by Dawson, Alexandra
- 200-211 The relationship between prior and subsequent new venture creation in the United States: A county level analysis
by Chang, Erick P.C. & Chrisman, James J. & Kellermanns, Franz W.
- 212-225 Business angel early stage decision making
by Maxwell, Andrew L. & Jeffrey, Scott A. & Lévesque, Moren
- 226-238 Negative emotions of an entrepreneurial career: Self-employment and regulatory coping behaviors
by Patzelt, Holger & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 239-254 When are venture capital projects initiated?
by Li, Yong & Mahoney, Joseph T.
- 255-272 Exploring the antecedents of social liabilities in CVC triads--A dynamic social network perspective
by Weber, Christiana & Weber, Barbara
2011, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-18 Social interaction via new social media: (How) can interactions on Twitter affect effectual thinking and behavior?
by Fischer, Eileen & Reuber, A. Rebecca
- 19-34 Intrapreneurship or entrepreneurship?
by Parker, Simon C.
- 35-48 Cross-border private equity syndication: Institutional context and learning
by Meuleman, Miguel & Wright, Mike
- 49-60 The role of entrepreneurs in firm-level innovation: Joint effects of positive affect, creativity, and environmental dynamism
by Baron, Robert A. & Tang, Jintong
- 61-78 Cross-national invariance of the entrepreneurial orientation scale
by Hansen, John D. & Deitz, George D. & Tokman, Mert & Marino, Louis D. & Weaver, K. Mark
- 79-92 Misfortunes or mistakes?: Cultural sensemaking of entrepreneurial failure
by Cardon, Melissa S. & Stevens, Christopher E. & Potter, D. Ryland
- 93-103 Agency and institutional influences on franchising decisions
by Barthélemy, Jérôme
- 104-123 Performance differentials within geographic clusters
by McCann, Brian T. & Folta, Timothy B.
- 124-136 Entrepreneurial intentions: The influence of organizational and individual factors
by Lee, Lena & Wong, Poh Kam & Foo, Maw Der & Leung, Aegean
- 137-151 Attributions to intuition in the venture founding process: Do entrepreneurs actually use intuition or just say that they do?
by Blume, Brian D. & Covin, Jeffrey G.
2010, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 541-555 The nature of entrepreneurial experience, business failure and comparative optimism
by Ucbasaran, Deniz & Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike & Flores, Manuel
- 556-568 Do market information processes improve new venture performance?
by Song, Michael & Wang, Tang & Parry, Mark E.
- 569-578 Beyond hubris: How highly confident entrepreneurs rebound to venture again
by Hayward, Mathew L.A. & Forster, William R. & Sarasvathy, Saras D. & Fredrickson, Barbara L.
- 579-592 Financing decisions as a source of conflict in venture boards
by Forbes, Daniel P. & Korsgaard, M. Audrey & Sapienza, Harry J.
- 593-609 The dynamic impact of innovative capability and inter-firm network on firm valuation: A longitudinal study of biotechnology start-ups
by Zheng, Yanfeng & Liu, Jing & George, Gerard
- 610-626 On growth drivers of high-tech start-ups: Exploring the role of founders' human capital and venture capital
by Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca
2010, Volume 25, Issue 5
- 439-448 Sustainable development and entrepreneurship: Past contributions and future directions
by Hall, Jeremy K. & Daneke, Gregory A. & Lenox, Michael J.
- 449-463 The entrepreneur-environment nexus: Uncertainty, innovation, and allocation
by York, Jeffrey G. & Venkataraman, S.
- 464-480 Escaping the green prison: Entrepreneurship and the creation of opportunities for sustainable development
by Pacheco, Desirée F. & Dean, Thomas J. & Payne, David S.
- 481-492 Greening Goliaths versus emerging Davids -- Theorizing about the role of incumbents and new entrants in sustainable entrepreneurship
by Hockerts, Kai & Wüstenhagen, Rolf
- 493-509 The impact of social norms on entrepreneurial action: Evidence from the environmental entrepreneurship context
by Meek, William R. & Pacheco, Desirée F. & York, Jeffrey G.