Journal of Business Venturing
2005, Volume 20, Issue 6
- 847-868 The prediction of bankruptcy of small- and medium-sized industrial firms
by Pompe, Paul P.M. & Bilderbeek, Jan
2005, Volume 20, Issue 5
- 573-622 Agency costs, institutions, learning, and taxation in venture capital contracting
by Cumming, Douglas J.
- 623-640 Are some entrepreneurs more overconfident than others?
by Forbes, Daniel P.
- 641-661 Champions of product innovations: defining, developing, and validating a measure of champion behavior
by Howell, Jane M. & Shea, Christine M. & Higgins, Christopher A.
- 663-687 A quantitative content analysis of the characteristics of rapid-growth firms and their founders
by Barringer, Bruce R. & Jones, Foard F. & Neubaum, Donald O.
- 689-704 Venturing in turbulent water: a historical perspective of economic reform and entrepreneurial transformation
by Tan, Justin
- 705-725 Antecedents, moderators, and performance consequences of membership change in new venture teams
by Chandler, Gaylen N. & Honig, Benson & Wiklund, Johan
2005, Volume 20, Issue 4
- 437-457 Antecedents of international and domestic learning effort
by Sapienza, Harry J. & De Clercq, Dirk & Sandberg, William R.
- 459-481 Predicting order and timing of new product moves: the role of top management in corporate entrepreneurship
by Srivastava, Abhishek & Lee, Hun
- 483-518 Business accomplishments, gender and entrepreneurial self-image
by Verheul, Ingrid & Uhlaner, Lorraine & Thurik, Roy
- 519-541 Strategic decision making in start-ups: the effect of top management team organization and processes on speed and comprehensiveness
by Talaulicar, Till & Grundei, Jens & Werder, Axel v.
- 543-571 Cash crisis in newly public Internet-based firms: an empirical analysis
by Mudambi, Ram & Treichel, Monica Zimmerman
2005, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 291-311 University start-up formation and technology licensing with firms that go public: a resource-based view of academic entrepreneurship
by Powers, Joshua B. & McDougall, Patricia P.
- 313-342 Intuitive optimizing: experimental findings on time allocation decisions with newly formed ventures
by Levesque, Moren & Schade, Christian
- 343-358 Analysis of young, small firms that have closed: delineating successful from unsuccessful closures
by Bates, Timothy
- 359-383 Co-alignment in the resource-performance relationship: strategy as mediator
by Edelman, Linda F. & Brush, Candida G. & Manolova, Tatiana
- 385-402 Do others think you have a viable business idea? Team diversity and judges' evaluation of ideas in a business plan competition
by Der Foo, Maw & Kam Wong, Poh & Ong, Andy
- 403-436 Small business and supply chain management: is there a fit?
by Arend, Richard J. & Wisner, Joel D.
2005, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 165-182 Science parks and incubators: observations, synthesis and future research
by Phan, Phillip H. & Siegel, Donald S. & Wright, Mike
- 183-216 Spinning out new ventures: a typology of incubation strategies from European research institutions
by Clarysse, Bart & Wright, Mike & Lockett, Andy & Van de Velde, Els & Vohora, Ajay
- 217-239 An analytical framework for science parks and technology districts with an application to Singapore
by Koh, Francis C. C. & Koh, Winston T. H. & Tschang, Feichin Ted
- 241-263 Entrepreneurship and university-based technology transfer
by Markman, Gideon D. & Phan, Phillip H. & Balkin, David B. & Gianiodis, Peter T.
- 265-290 The networked business incubator--leveraging entrepreneurial agency?
by Bollingtoft, Anne & Ulhoi, John P.
2005, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-21 Human capital theory and venture capital firms: exploring "home runs" and "strike outs"
by Dimov, Dimo P. & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 23-45 A tale of passion: New insights into entrepreneurship from a parenthood metaphor
by Cardon, Melissa S. & Zietsma, Charlene & Saparito, Patrick & Matherne, Brett P. & Davis, Carolyn
- 47-69 Missing the boat or sinking the boat: a study of new venture decision making
by Mullins, John W. & Forlani, David
- 71-91 Entrepreneurial orientation and small business performance: a configurational approach
by Wiklund, Johan & Shepherd, Dean
- 93-111 Investment bankers and IPO pricing: does prospectus information matter?
by Daily, Catherine M. & Certo, S. Trevis & Dalton, Dan R.
- 113-135 Is venture capital worth it? Effects on firm performance and founder returns
by Florin, Juan
- 137-164 Exploring entrepreneurial learning: a comparative study of technology development projects
by Ravasi, Davide & Turati, Carlo
2004, Volume 19, Issue 6
- 767-785 Planning for the market: business planning before marketing and the continuation of organizing efforts
by Shane, Scott & Delmar, Frederic
- 787-807 Reconsidering the venture capitalists' "value added" proposition: An interorganizational learning perspective
by Busenitz, Lowell W. & Fiet, James O. & Moesel, Douglas D.
- 809-829 Knowledge relatedness and post-spin-off growth
by Sapienza, Harry J. & Parhankangas, Annaleena & Autio, Erkko
- 831-849 The relationship between governance structure and risk management approaches in Japanese venture capital firms
by Yoshikawa, Toru & Phan, Phillip H. & Linton, Jonathan
- 851-875 Internationalization in different industrial contexts
by Andersson, Svante
- 877-897 A strategic groups approach to the franchising-performance relationship
by Combs, James G. & Ketchen, David Jr. & Hoover, Vera L.
- 899-919 The temporal nature of growth determinants in new bank foundings: implications for new venture research design
by Bamford, Charles E. & Dean, Thomas J. & Douglas, Thomas J.
2004, Volume 19, Issue 5
- 617-620 Entrepreneurship theory: possibilities and future directions
by Phan, Phillip H.
- 621-635 Organizing rent generation and appropriation: toward a theory of the entrepreneurial firm
by Alvarez, Sharon A. & Barney, Jay B.
- 637-658 Entrepreneurial alertness and asymmetric information in a spin-glass model
by Minniti, Maria
- 659-679 Dispersed knowledge and an entrepreneurial theory of the firm
by Dew, Nicholas & Velamuri, S. Ramakrishna & Venkataraman, Sankaran
- 681-706 Contextual antecedents and consequences of relationships between young firms and distinct types of dominant exchange partners
by Fischer, Eileen & Reuber, A. Rebecca
- 707-717 The questions we ask and the questions we care about: reformulating some problems in entrepreneurship research
by Sarasvathy, Saras D.
- 721-741 Venture capital financing, strategic alliances, and the initial public offerings of Internet startups
by Chang, Sea Jin
- 743-765 Mathematics, theory, and entrepreneurship
by Levesque, Moren
2004, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 465-483 The Big Five and venture survival: Is there a linkage?
by Ciavarella, Mark A. & Buchholtz, Ann K. & Riordan, Christine M. & Gatewood, Robert D. & Stokes, Garnett S.
- 485-508 Methodological issues in international entrepreneurship research
by Coviello, Nicole E. & Jones, Marian V.
- 509-534 Buyouts, information asymmetry and the family management dyad
by Howorth, Carole & Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike
- 535-559 Tracking family businesses and their owners over time: panel attrition, manager departure and business demise
by Winter, Mary & Danes, Sharon M. & Koh, Sun-Kang & Fredericks, Kelly & Paul, Jennifer J.
- 561-587 U.K. SMEs' decision to discontinue exporting: an exploratory investigation into practices within the clothing industry
by Crick, Dave
- 589-600 Zobele chemical industries: the evolution of a family company from flypaper to globalization (1919-2001)
by Abetti, Pier A. & Phan, Phillip H.
- 601-613 Teaching note: Zobele chemical industries: the evolution of a family company from flypaper to globalization (1919-2001)
by Abetti, Pier A. & Phan, Phillip H.
2004, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 309-312 An evolving field: Guest editor's introduction to the special issue on Evolutionary Approaches to Entrepreneurship in honor of Howard Aldrich
by Shane, Scott
- 313-341 Toward a complexity science of entrepreneurship
by McKelvey, Bill
- 343-358 Event- and outcome-driven explanations of entrepreneurship
by Van de Ven, Andrew H. & Engleman, Rhonda M.
- 359-384 Institutional activism in the early American automobile industry
by Rao, Hayagreeva
- 385-410 Legitimating first: organizing activities and the survival of new ventures
by Delmar, Frederic & Shane, Scott
- 411-436 Picking winners or building them? Alliance, intellectual, and human capital as selection criteria in venture financing and performance of biotechnology startups
by Baum, Joel A. C. & Silverman, Brian S.
- 437-463 Survival beyond succession? The contingent impact of founder succession on organizational failure
by Haveman, Heather A. & Khaire, Mukti V.
2004, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 169-172 Potential benefits of the cognitive perspective: expanding entrepreneurship's array of conceptual tools
by Baron, Robert A.
- 173-188 Cognition, creativity, and entrepreneurship
by Ward, Thomas B.
- 189-201 Successful intelligence as a basis for entrepreneurship
by Sternberg, Robert J.
- 203-220 Regulatory focus theory and the entrepreneurial process
by Brockner, Joel & Higgins, E. Tory & Low, Murray B.
- 221-239 The cognitive perspective: a valuable tool for answering entrepreneurship's basic "why" questions
by Baron, Robert A.
- 241-260 Entrepreneurial leadership: developing and measuring a cross-cultural construct
by Gupta, Vipin & MacMillan, Ian C. & Surie, Gita
- 261-283 The financing of business start-ups
by Cassar, Gavin
- 285-307 Building a foreign sales base: the roles of capabilities and alliances for entrepreneurial firms
by Leiblein, Michael J. & Reuer, Jeffrey J.
2004, Volume 19, Issue 1
- 1-5 Technological entrepreneurship in emerging regions
by Phan, Phillip H. & Foo, Maw Der
- 7-28 An exploratory study of technopreneurial intentions: a career anchor perspective
by Lee, Soo Hoon & Wong, Poh Kam
- 29-54 Entrepreneurs' choice of entry strategy in emerging and developed markets
by Levesque, Moren & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 55-79 A process study of entrepreneurial team formation: the case of a research-based spin-off
by Clarysse, Bart & Moray, Nathalie
- 81-105 New venture strategies in a developing country: Identifying a typology and examining growth patterns through case studies
by Park, Sangmoon & Bae, Zong-Tae
- 107-125 The hidden hand and the license raj to An evaluation of the relationship between age and the growth of firms in India
by Majumdar, Sumit K.
- 127-151 Encouraging university entrepreneurship? The effect of the Bayh-Dole Act on university patenting in the United States
by Shane, Scott
- 153-167 Regional transformation through technological entrepreneurship
by Venkataraman, Sankaran
2003, Volume 18, Issue 6
- 689-708 Venture capital financing and the growth of startup firms
by Davila, Antonio & Foster, George & Gupta, Mahendra
- 709-725 Contracting, signaling, and moral hazard: a model of entrepreneurs, 'angels,' and venture capitalists
by Elitzur, Ramy & Gavious, Arieh
- 727-744 The role of networking alliances in information acquisition and its implications for new product performance
by Soh, Pek-Hooi
- 745-771 Forecasting the liquidity of very small private companies
by Mramor, Dusan & Valentincic, Aljosa
- 773-788 Adjusting for risk in comparing the performances of male- and female-controlled SMEs
by Watson, John & Robinson, Sherry
- 789-814 Business process digitization, strategy, and the impact of firm age and size: the case of the magazine publishing industry
by BarNir, Anat & Gallaugher, John M. & Auger, Pat
- 815-832 Differences between women and men MBA entrepreneurs: exploring family flexibility and wealth creation as career motivators
by DeMartino, Richard & Barbato, Robert
2003, Volume 18, Issue 5
- 559-566 Evolving research in entrepreneurship and family business: recognizing family as the oxygen that feeds the fire of entrepreneurship
by Rogoff, Edward G. & Heck, Ramona Kay Zachary
- 567-572 Commentary on the special issue: the emergence of a field
by Astrachan, Joseph H.
- 573-596 The pervasive effects of family on entrepreneurship: toward a family embeddedness perspective
by Aldrich, Howard E. & Cliff, Jennifer E.
- 597-618 Variants of agency contracts in family-financed ventures as a continuum of familial altruistic and market rationalities
by Steier, Lloyd
- 619-637 Ownership structure, founder leadership, and performance in Norwegian SMEs: implications for financing entrepreneurial opportunities
by Randoy, Trond & Goel, Sanjay
- 639-666 The impact of the family and the business on family business sustainability
by Olson, Patricia D. & Zuiker, Virginia S. & Danes, Sharon M. & Stafford, Kathryn & Heck, Ramona K. Z. & Duncan, Karen A.
- 667-687 Predictors of satisfaction with the succession process in family firms
by Sharma, Pramodita & Chrisman, James J. & Chua, Jess H.
2003, Volume 18, Issue 4
- 441-448 An introduction to theories of family business
by Chrisman, James J. & Chua, Jess H. & Steier, Lloyd P.
- 451-465 A unified systems perspective of family firm performance
by Habbershon, Timothy G. & Williams, Mary & MacMillan, Ian C.
- 467-472 A unified systems perspective of family firm performance: an extension and integration
by Chrisman, James J. & Chua, Jess H. & Litz, Reginald
- 473-490 Toward a theory of agency and altruism in family firms
by Schulze, William S. & Lubatkin, Michael H. & Dino, Richard N.
- 491-494 Commentary on: "Toward a theory of agency and altruism in family firms"
by Greenwood, Royston
- 495-512 International expansion of U.S. manufacturing family businesses: the effect of ownership and involvement
by Zahra, Shaker A.
- 513-531 Lost in time: intergenerational succession, change, and failure in family business
by Miller, Danny & Steier, Lloyd & Le Breton-Miller, Isabelle
- 533-551 The transacting cognitions of nonfamily employees in the family businesses setting
by Mitchell, Ronald K. & Morse, Eric A. & Sharma, Pramodita
- 553-558 Commentary on: the transacting cognitions of non-family employees in the family businesses setting
by Astrachan, Joseph H. & Keyt, Andrew D.
2003, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 301-331 The role of social and human capital among nascent entrepreneurs
by Davidsson, Per & Honig, Benson
- 333-359 Academic networks in a trichotomous categorisation of university spinouts
by Nicolaou, Nicos & Birley, Sue
- 361-380 Signaling through private equity placements and its impact on the valuation of biotechnology firms
by Janney, Jay J. & Folta, Timothy B.
- 381-401 VCs' decision processes: Evidence suggesting more experience may not always be better
by Shepherd, Dean A. & Zacharakis, Andrew & Baron, Robert A.
- 403-418 Franchise turnover and failure: New research and perspectives
by Holmberg, Stevan R. & Morgan, Kathryn Boe
- 419-440 Out of the frying pan...?: Why small business managers introduce high-risk products
by Simon, Mark & Houghton, Susan M. & Savelli, Sonia
2003, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 145-164 The effects of human capital, organizational demography, and interpersonal processes on venture partner perceptions of firm profit and growth
by Watson, Warren & Stewart, Wayne Jr. & BarNir, Anat
- 165-187 Network-based research in entrepreneurship: A critical review
by Hoang, Ha & Antoncic, Bostjan
- 189-216 Arriving at the high-growth firm
by Delmar, Frederic & Davidsson, Per & Gartner, William B.
- 217-231 The development of venture-capital-backed internet companies: An ecosystem perspective
by Zacharakis, Andrew L. & Shepherd, Dean A. & Coombs, Joseph E.
- 233-259 An institutional view of China's venture capital industry: Explaining the differences between China and the West
by Bruton, Garry D. & Ahlstrom, David
- 261-281 Ethics and entrepreneurs: An international comparative study
by Bucar, Branko & Glas, Miroslav & Hisrich, Robert D.
- 283-300 The chronology and intellectual trajectory of American entrepreneurship education: 1876-1999
by Katz, Jerome A.
2003, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-11 Defining a forum for entrepreneurship scholars
by Fried, Vance H.
- 13-39 The career reasons of nascent entrepreneurs
by Carter, Nancy M. & Gartner, William B. & Shaver, Kelly G. & Gatewood, Elizabeth J.
- 41-60 Beyond social capital: the role of entrepreneurs' social competence in their financial success
by Baron, Robert A. & Markman, Gideon D.
- 61-80 First mover advantage through franchising
by Michael, Steven C.
- 81-104 Public versus private venture capital: seeding or crowding out? A pan-European analysis
by Leleux, Benoit & Surlemont, Bernard
- 105-123 A theory of entrepreneurial opportunity identification and development
by Ardichvili, Alexander & Cardozo, Richard & Ray, Sourav
- 125-143 The entrepreneurial control imperative: A case history of Steria (1969-2000)
by Abetti, Pier A.
2002, Volume 17, Issue 6
- 537-552 Executive Forum: University technology transfer to entrepreneurial companies
by Shane, Scott
- 553-576 Resources of the firm, Russian high-technology startups, and firm growth
by Bruton, Garry D. & Rubanik, Yuri
- 577-609 The effects of business-university alliances on innovative output and financial performance: a study of publicly traded biotechnology companies
by George, Gerard & Zahra, Shaker A. & Wood, D. Jr.
- 611-633 Multinationality, product diversification, and profitability of emerging US small- and medium-sized enterprises
by Qian, Gongming
2002, Volume 17, Issue 5
- 387-395 Introduction to the special issue on qualitative methods in entrepreneurship research
by Gartner, William B. & Birley, Sue
- 397-429 Entrepreneurship and Illegality: Insights from the Nigerian cross-border Trade
by Fadahunsi, Akin & Rosa, Peter
- 431-465 The entrepreneurial process and economic success in a constrained environment
by Kodithuwakku, Sarath S. & Rosa, Peter
- 467-487 The effects of embeddedness on the entrepreneurial process
by Jack, Sarah L. & Anderson, Alistair R.
- 489-518 The entrepreneur's character, life issues, and strategy making: A field study
by Kisfalvi, Veronika
- 519-535 Metaphors and meaning: A grounded cultural model of us entrepreneurship
by Dodd, Sarah Drakopoulou
2002, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 291-312 Determinants of required return in venture capital investments: a five-country study
by Manigart, Sophie & De Waele, Koen & Wright, Mike & Robbie, Ken & Desbrieres, Philippe & Sapienza, Harry J. & Beekman, Amy
- 313-324 Restricted access to markets characterizes women-owned businesses
by Bates, Timothy
- 325-341 Can a franchise chain coordinate?
by Michael, Steven C.
- 343-364 Performance effects of alternative joint venture resource responsibility structures
by Pearce, John II & Hatfield, Louise
- 365-386 Understanding the dynamics of new venture top management teams: cohesion, conflict, and new venture performance
by Ensley, Michael D. & Pearson, Allison W. & Amason, Allen C.
2002, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 189-210 Employment or self-employment: A dynamic utility-maximizing model
by Levesque, Moren & Shepherd, Dean A. & Douglas, Evan J.
- 211-236 Is it worth it? The rates of return from informal venture capital investments
by Mason, Colin M. & Harrison, Richard T.
- 237-252 The effects of organizational sampling frame selection
by Murphy, Gregory B.
- 253-273 Middle managers' perception of the internal environment for corporate entrepreneurship: assessing a measurement scale
by Hornsby, Jeffrey S. & Kuratko, Donald F. & Zahra, Shaker A.
- 275-290 Entrepreneurial capital: the emerging venture's most important asset and competitive advantage
by Erikson, Truls
2002, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 99-122 Home base and knowledge management in international ventures
by Kuemmerle, Walter
- 123-142 The competitiveness of small and medium enterprises: A conceptualization with focus on entrepreneurial competencies
by Man, Thomas W. Y. & Lau, Theresa & Chan, K. F.
- 143-162 Passing the baton: The importance of sequence, timing, technique and communication in executive succession
by Dyck, Bruno & Mauws, Michael & Starke, Frederick A. & Mischke, Gary A.
- 163-187 Co-production of business assistance in business incubators: an exploratory study
by Rice, Mark P.
2002, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-20 Venture capitalists' expertise: A call for research into decision aids and cognitive feedback
by Shepherd, Dean A. & Zacharakis, Andrew
- 21-40 Learning from overseas venturing experience: The case of Chinese family businesses
by Tsang, Eric W. K.
- 41-57 Advantage beyond founding: The strategic use of technologies
by Kelley, Donna J. & Rice, Mark P.
- 59-81 The consequences of conflict between the venture capitalist and the entrepreneurial team in the United Kingdom from the perspective of the venture capitalist
by Higashide, Hironori & Birley, Sue
- 83-98 From science to technology to products and profits: Superconductivity at General Electric and Intermagnetics General (1960-1990)
by Abetti, Pier A.
2001, Volume 16, Issue 6
- 529-555 The role of contractual governance flexibility in realizing the outcomes of key customer relationships
by Yli-Renko, Helena & Sapienza, Harry J. & Hay, Michael
- 557-574 Foreign expansion of small firms: The impact of domestic alternatives and prior foreign business involvement
by Chen, Rongxin & Martin, Marc J.
- 575-594 Human capital and structural upheaval: A study of manufacturing firms in the west bank
by Honig, Benson
- 595-612 Loan guarantees: Costs of default and benefits to small firms
by Riding, Allan L. & HainesJR., George
- 613-630 Trends in the market for entrepreneurship faculty, 1989-1998
by Finkle, Todd A. & Deeds, David
2001, Volume 16, Issue 5
- 429-451 Linking two dimensions of entrepreneurial orientation to firm performance: The moderating role of environment and industry life cycle
by Lumpkin, G. T. & Dess, Gregory G.
- 453-470 The ambitious entrepreneur: High growth strategies of women-owned enterprises
by Gundry, Lisa K. & Welsch, Harold P.
- 471-494 Age, order of entry, strategic orientation, and organizational performance
by Durand, Rodolphe & Coeurderoy, Regis
- 495-527 Intrapreneurship: Construct refinement and cross-cultural validation
by Antoncic, Bostjan & Hisrich, Robert D.
2001, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 311-332 The nature of information and overconfidence on venture capitalists' decision making
by Zacharakis, Andrew L. & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 333-358 The internationalization of new and small firms: A resource-based view
by Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike & Ucbasaran, Deniz
- 359-376 Innovation and risk-taking in a transitional economy: A comparative study of chinese managers and entrepreneurs
by Tan, Justin
- 377-403 The importance of focus to market entrants: A study of microbrewery performance
by Wesson, Tom & De Figueiredo, Joao Neiva
- 405-427 Gray marketing as an alternative market penetration strategy for entrepreneurs: Conceptual model and case evidence
by Lim, Guan H. & Lee, Khai S. & Tan, Soo J.
2001, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 209-233 The community dynamics of entrepreneurship: The birth of the american film industry, 1895-1929
by Mezias, Stephen J. & Kuperman, Jerome C.
- 235-254 Financial bootstrapping in small businesses: Examining small business managers' resource acquisition behaviors
by Winborg, Joakim & Landstrom, Hans
- 255-283 Determinants and performance impacts of external technology acquisition
by Jones, Gary K. & LanctotJR., Aldor & Teegen, Hildy J.
- 285-310 Capital structure decision making: A model for family business
by Romano, Claudio A. & Tanewski, George A. & Smyrnios, Kosmas X.
2001, Volume 16, Issue 2
- 101-117 The pedagogical side of entrepreneurship theory
by Fiet, James O.
- 119-143 Does money matter?: Wealth attainment as the motive for initiating growth-oriented technology ventures
by Amit, Raphael & MacCrimmon, Kenneth R. & Zietsma, Charlene & Oesch, John M.
- 145-163 Qualifications and turnover of managers and venture capital-financed firm performance: An empirical study of german venture capital-investments
by Schefczyk, Michael & Gerpott, Torsten J.
- 165-180 Defining the field of research in entrepreneurship
by Bruyat, Chirstian & Julien, Pierre-Andre
- 181-207 The network of relationships between the economic environment and the entrepreneurial culture in small firms
by Minguzzi, Antonio & Passaro, Renato
2001, Volume 16, Issue 1
- 1-24 The theoretical side of teaching entrepreneurship
by Fiet, James O.
- 25-50 A dynamic perspective of internal fit in corporate venturing
by Thornhill, Stewart & Amit, Raphael
- 51-75 Culture and entrepreneurial potential: A nine country study of locus of control and innovativeness
by Mueller, Stephen L. & Thomas, Anisya S.
- 77-100 Performance factors of small tourism ventures: The interface of tourism, entrepreneurship and the environment
by Lerner, Miri & Haber, Sigal
2000, Volume 15, Issue 5-6
- 385-392 University revenues from technology transfer: Licensing fees vs. equity positions
by Bray, Michael J. & Lee, James N.
- 393-410 New venture survival: Ignorance, external shocks, and risk reduction strategies
by Shepherd, Dean A. & Douglas, Evan J. & Shanley, Mark
- 411-432 Competing models of entrepreneurial intentions
by KruegerJR, Norris F. & Reilly, Michael D. & Carsrud, Alan L.
- 433-447 Management commitment to innovation and esop stock concentration
by Gamble, John E.
- 449-467 New venture strategy and profitability: A venture capitalist's assessment
by Shepherd, Dean A. & Ettenson, Richard & Crouch, Andrew
- 469-492 International corporate entrepreneurship and firm performance: The moderating effect of international environmental hostility
by Zahra, Shaker A. & Garvis, Dennis M.
- 493-521 Strategic experimentation: Understanding change and performance in new ventures
by Nicholls-Nixon, Charlene L. & Cooper, Arnold C. & Woo, Carolyn Y.
- 523-545 An investigation of marketing practice by firm size
by Coviello, Nicole E. & Brodie, Roderick J. & Munro, Hugh J.
2000, Volume 15, Issue 4
- 305-322 Perceived risks and choices in entrepreneurs' new venture decisions
by Forlani, David & Mullins, John W.
- 323-346 The potential of actuarial decision models: Can they improve the venture capital investment decision?
by Zacharakis, Andrew L. & Meyer, G. Dale
- 347-362 On the survival prospects of men's and women's new business ventures
by BodenJR., Richard J. & Nucci, Alfred R.
- 363-383 Small businesses and liquidity constraints in financing business investment: Evidence from shanghai's manufacturing sector
by Chow, Clement Kong-Wing & Fung, Michael Ka Yiu
2000, Volume 15, Issue 3
- 211-229 Dynamic capabilities and new product development in high technology ventures: An empirical analysis of new biotechnology firms
by Deeds, David L. & Decarolis, DONA & Coombs, Joseph
- 231-251 Entrepreneurship as a utility maximizing response
by Douglas, Evan J. & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 253-277 An examination of the impact of initial founding conditions and decisions upon the performance of new bank start-ups
by Bamford, Charles E. & Dean, Thomas J. & McDougall, Patricia P.
- 279-303 Women business owners in traditional and non-traditional industries
by Anna, Alexandra L. & Chandler, Gaylen N. & Jansen, Erik & Mero, Neal P.
2000, Volume 15, Issue 2
- 113-134 Cognitive biases, risk perception, and venture formation: How individuals decide to start companies
by Simon, Mark & Houghton, Susan M. & Aquino, Karl
- 135-173 Technology strategy and software new ventures' performance: Exploring the moderating effect of the competitive environment
by Zahra, Shaker A. & Bogner, William C.
- 175-210 Pioneers and followers: Competitive tactics, environment, and firm growth
by Covin, Jeffrey G. & Slevin, Dennis P. & Heeley, Michael B.
2000, Volume 15, Issue 1
- 59-78 Sluggish giants, sticky cultures, and dynamic capability transformation
by Majumdar, Sumit K.
- 79-91 Counterfactual thinking and venture formation: The potential effects of thinking about "what might have been"
by Baron, Robert A.
- 93-111 Spin-offs from research centers at a research university
by Steffensen, Morten & Rogers, Everett M. & Speakman, Kristen
1999, Volume 14, Issue 5-6
- 427-450 Firm creation and economic transitions
by Jackson, John E. & Klich, Jacek & Poznanska, Krystyna
- 451-460 Has new business creation in russia come to a halt?
by Kontorovich, Vladimir
- 461-473 The development of the czech sme sector
by Bohata, Marie & Mladek, Jan
- 475-492 Corporate entrepreneurs and privatized firms in russia, ukraine, and belarus
by Filatotchev, Igor & Wright, Mike & Buck, Trevor & Zhukov, Vladimir