Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
2013, Volume 28, Issue 4
2013, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 335-353 Does acquiring venture capital pay off for the funded firms? A meta-analysis on the relationship between venture capital investment and funded firm financial performance
by Rosenbusch, Nina & Brinckmann, Jan & Müller, Verena
- 354-372 Are all startups affected similarly by clusters? Agglomeration, competition, firm heterogeneity, and survival
by Pe'er, Aviad & Keil, Thomas
- 373-396 Measuring entrepreneurial passion: Conceptual foundations and scale validation
by Cardon, Melissa S. & Gregoire, Denis A. & Stevens, Christopher E. & Patel, Pankaj C.
- 397-412 The influence of dispositional affect and cognition on venture investment portfolio concentration
by Chan, Chien Sheng Richard & Park, Haemin Dennis
- 413-429 The influence of firm age and intangible resources on the relationship between entrepreneurial orientation and firm growth among Japanese SMEs
by Anderson, Brian S. & Eshima, Yoshihiro
- 430-442 Towards a schematic theory of entrepreneurial alertness
by Valliere, Dave
- 443-457 Turning small business interns into applicants: The mediating role of perceived justice
by Zhao, Hao
2013, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 195-210 Improving new technology venture performance under direct and indirect network externality conditions
by Podoynitsyna, Ksenia & Song, Michael & van der Bij, Hans & Weggeman, Mathieu
- 211-224 Examining the formation of human capital in entrepreneurship: A meta-analysis of entrepreneurship education outcomes
by Martin, Bruce C. & McNally, Jeffrey J. & Kay, Michael J.
- 225-240 Do entrepreneurial goals matter? Resource allocation in new owner-managed firms
by Dunkelberg, William & Moore, Carmen & Scott, Jonathan & Stull, William
- 241-260 Multilateral R&D alliances by new ventures
by Li, Dan
- 261-280 Linking family-to-business enrichment and support to entrepreneurial success: Do female and male entrepreneurs experience different outcomes?
by Powell, Gary N. & Eddleston, Kimberly A.
- 281-298 Exploring the evolution of supporter networks in the creation of new organizations
by Newbert, Scott L. & Tornikoski, Erno T. & Quigley, Narda R.
- 299-315 Political connections and entrepreneurial investment: Evidence from China's transition economy
by Zhou, Wubiao
- 316-334 International exposure through network relationships: Implications for new venture internationalization
by Fernhaber, Stephanie A. & Li, Dan
2013, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-9 Institutions, entrepreneurs, and communities: A special issue on entrepreneurship
by Jennings, P. Devereaux & Greenwood, Royston & Lounsbury, Michael D. & Suddaby, Roy
- 10-29 “Living in the fishbowl”. Generating an entrepreneurial culture in a local community in Argentina
by Marti, Ignasi & Courpasson, David & Dubard Barbosa, Saulo
- 30-50 When institutional change outruns the change agent: The contested terrain of entrepreneurial microfinance for those in poverty
by Khavul, Susanna & Chavez, Helmuth & Bruton, Garry D.
- 51-68 Creating opportunities for institutional entrepreneurship: The Colonel and the Cup in English County Cricket
by Wright, April L. & Zammuto, Raymond F.
- 69-82 Crescive entrepreneurship in complex social problems: Institutional conditions for entrepreneurial engagement
by Dorado, Silvia & Ventresca, Marc J.
- 83-97 To be different, or to be the same? An exploratory study of isomorphism in the cluster
by Tan, Justin & Shao, Yunfei & Li, Wan
- 98-116 The microstructures of rhetorical strategy in social entrepreneurship: Building legitimacy through heroes and villains
by Ruebottom, Trish
- 117-133 Contextualizing the categorical imperative: Category linkages, technology focus, and resource acquisition in nanotechnology entrepreneurship
by Wry, Tyler & Lounsbury, Michael
- 134-150 Building entrepreneurial tie portfolios through strategic homophily: The role of narrative identity work in venture creation and early growth
by Phillips, Nelson & Tracey, Paul & Karra, Neri
- 151-175 Start-up incentives: Entrepreneurship policy or active labour market programme?
by Román, Concepción & Congregado, Emilio & Millán, José María
- 176-193 Exploring country-level institutional arrangements on the rate and type of entrepreneurial activity
by Stenholm, Pekka & Acs, Zoltan J. & Wuebker, Robert
2012, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 607-621 The development of new products: The role of firm context and managerial cognition
by Plambeck, Nils
- 622-636 In the eye of the beholder: How regulatory focus and self-efficacy interact in influencing opportunity recognition
by Tumasjan, Andranik & Braun, Reiner
- 637-651 Confirmatory search as a useful heuristic? testing the veracity of entrepreneurial conjectures
by Shepherd, Dean A. & Haynie, J. Michael & McMullen, Jeffery S.
- 652-665 Corporate shareholdings and organizational ambidexterity in high-tech SMEs: Evidence from a transitional economy
by Gedajlovic, Eric & Cao, Qing & Zhang, Hongping
- 666-684 Cross-border venture capital investments in Asia: Selection and exit performance
by Dai, Na & Jo, Hoje & Kassicieh, Sul
2012, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 401-413 Enriching strategic variety in new ventures through external knowledge
by Larrañeta, Bárbara & Zahra, Shaker A. & González, José Luis Galán
- 414-435 Intergenerational transmission of entrepreneurial intentions
by Laspita, Stavroula & Breugst, Nicola & Heblich, Stephan & Patzelt, Holger
- 436-455 Stakeholder–firm power difference, stakeholders' CSR orientation, and SMEs' environmental performance in China
by Tang, Zhi & Tang, Jintong
- 456-476 Are entrepreneurs influenced by risk attitude, regulatory focus or both? An experiment on entrepreneurs' time allocation
by Burmeister-Lamp, Katrin & Lévesque, Moren & Schade, Christian
- 477-492 Out of sight but not out of mind: Why failure to account for left truncation biases research on failure rates
by Yang, Tiantian & Aldrich, Howard E.
- 493-505 Conducting field experiments using eLancing's natural environment
by Aguinis, Herman & Lawal, Sola O.
- 506-521 Assessing the effectiveness of guided preparation for new venture creation and performance: Theory and practice
by Rotger, Gabriel Pons & Gørtz, Mette & Storey, David J.
2012, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 291-309 Entrepreneurial actions and optimistic overconfidence: The role of motivated reasoning in new product introductions
by Simon, Mark & Shrader, Rodney C.
- 310-324 Entrepreneurs' dispositional positive affect: The potential benefits – and potential costs – of being “up”
by Baron, Robert A. & Hmieleski, Keith M. & Henry, Rebecca A.
- 325-341 Why do entrepreneurs use franchising as a financial tool? An agency explanation
by Gonzalez-Diaz, Manuel & Solis-Rodriguez, Vanesa
- 342-354 Does venture capitalist activism improve investment performance?
by Jackson, William E. & Bates, Timothy & Bradford, William D.
- 355-371 Alliance portfolios and shareholder value in post-IPO firms: The moderating roles of portfolio structure and firm-level uncertainty
by Mouri, Nacef & Sarkar, M.B. & Frye, Melissa
- 372-384 Nascent ventures competing for start-up capital: Matching reputations and investors
by Ebbers, Joris J. & Wijnberg, Nachoem M.
- 385-399 The value of business planning before start-up — A decision-theoretical perspective
by Chwolka, Anne & Raith, Matthias G.
2012, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 167-184 Corporate effectuation: Entrepreneurial action and its impact on R&D project performance
by Brettel, Malte & Mauer, René & Engelen, Andreas & Küpper, Daniel
- 185-196 Measuring the market newness of new ventures
by Dahlqvist, Jonas & Wiklund, Johan
- 197-216 Strategic and institutional effects on foreign IPO performance: Examining the impact of country of origin, corporate governance, and host country effects
by Bell, R. Greg & Moore, Curt B. & Filatotchev, Igor
- 217-233 Strategic alliances and product development in high technology new firms: The moderating effect of technological capabilities
by Haeussler, Carolin & Patzelt, Holger & Zahra, Shaker A.
- 234-247 Does culture still matter?: The effects of individualism on national innovation rates
by Taylor, Mark Zachary & Wilson, Sean
- 248-265 R&D investments in family and founder firms: An agency perspective
by Block, Joern H.
- 266-290 International entrepreneurship research in emerging economies: A critical review and research agenda
by Kiss, Andreea N. & Danis, Wade M. & Cavusgil, S. Tamer
2011, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 604-623 Entrepreneurial learning from failure: An interpretative phenomenological analysis
by Cope, Jason
- 625-631 The emergence, advance and future of international entrepreneurship research — An introduction to the special forum
by Coviello, Nicole E. & McDougall, Patricia P. & Oviatt, Benjamin M.
- 632-659 International Entrepreneurship research (1989–2009): A domain ontology and thematic analysis
by Jones, Marian V. & Coviello, Nicole & Tang, Yee Kwan
- 660-679 International entrepreneurship in internet-enabled markets
by Reuber, A. Rebecca & Fischer, Eileen
September 2011, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 505-520 How do bankruptcy laws affect entrepreneurship development around the world?
by Lee, Seung-Hyun & Yamakawa, Yasuhiro & Peng, Mike W. & Barney, Jay B.
- 521-536 Should I stay or should I go? Career choice intentions of students with family business background
by Zellweger, Thomas & Sieger, Philipp & Halter, Frank
- 537-554 Swinging a double-edged sword: The effect of slack on entrepreneurial management and growth
by Bradley, Steven W. & Wiklund, Johan & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 555-571 The dual nature of innovative activity: How entrepreneurial orientation influences innovation generation and adoption
by Pérez-Luño, Ana & Wiklund, Johan & Cabrera, Ramón Valle
- 572-588 Is self-employment really a bad experience?: The effects of previous self-employment on subsequent wage-employment wages
by Kaiser, Ulrich & Malchow-Møller, Nikolaj
- 589-602 The study of emerging industries: Recognizing and responding to some central problems
by Forbes, Daniel P. & Kirsch, David A.
July 2011, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 391-411 CEO compensation in venture-backed firms
by Bengtsson, Ola & Hand, John R.M.
- 412-430 Industry changes in technology and complementary assets and the creation of high-growth firms
by Eckhardt, Jonathan T. & Shane, Scott A.
- 431-440 Interaction between feasibility and desirability in the formation of entrepreneurial intentions
by Fitzsimmons, Jason R. & Douglas, Evan J.
- 441-457 Is innovation always beneficial? A meta-analysis of the relationship between innovation and performance in SMEs
by Rosenbusch, Nina & Brinckmann, Jan & Bausch, Andreas
- 458-471 Persistence and heterogeneity in entrepreneurship: An evolutionary game theoretic analysis
by Kuechle, Graciela
- 472-488 Family involvement and new venture debt financing
by Chua, Jess H. & Chrisman, James J. & Kellermanns, Franz & Wu, Zhenyu
- 489-503 Configuring a corporate venturing portfolio to create growth value: Within-portfolio diversity and strategic linkage
by Lin, Shu-Jou & Lee, Ji-Ren
May 2011, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 273-292 Unpacking the uncertainty construct: Implications for entrepreneurial action
by McKelvie, Alexander & Haynie, J. Michael & Gustavsson, Veronica
- 293-305 Contingency as an entrepreneurial resource: How private obsession fulfills public need
by Harmeling, Susan
- 306-320 The moderating effects of customer driven complexity on the structure and growth relationship in young firms
by Chowdhury, Sanjib
- 321-340 A model of trust and compliance in franchise relationships
by Davies, Mark A.P. & Lassar, Walfried & Manolis, Chris & Prince, Melvin & Winsor, Robert D.
- 341-358 Human capital and entrepreneurial success: A meta-analytical review
by Unger, Jens M. & Rauch, Andreas & Frese, Michael & Rosenbusch, Nina
- 359-374 An entrepreneur's choice of venture capitalist or angel-financing: A behavioral game-theoretic approach
by Fairchild, Richard
- 375-390 Causation and effectuation processes: A validation study
by Chandler, Gaylen N. & DeTienne, Dawn R. & McKelvie, Alexander & Mumford, Troy V.
March 2011, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 153-171 Towards understanding who makes corporate venture capital investments and why
by Basu, Sandip & Phelps, Corey & Kotha, Suresh
- 172-188 "In pursuit of the real deal": A longitudinal study of VC decision making
by Petty, Jeffrey S. & Gruber, Marc
- 189-199 Private equity investment decisions in family firms: The role of human resources and agency costs
by Dawson, Alexandra
- 200-211 The relationship between prior and subsequent new venture creation in the United States: A county level analysis
by Chang, Erick P.C. & Chrisman, James J. & Kellermanns, Franz W.
- 212-225 Business angel early stage decision making
by Maxwell, Andrew L. & Jeffrey, Scott A. & Lévesque, Moren
- 226-238 Negative emotions of an entrepreneurial career: Self-employment and regulatory coping behaviors
by Patzelt, Holger & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 239-254 When are venture capital projects initiated?
by Li, Yong & Mahoney, Joseph T.
- 255-272 Exploring the antecedents of social liabilities in CVC triads--A dynamic social network perspective
by Weber, Christiana & Weber, Barbara
January 2011, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-18 Social interaction via new social media: (How) can interactions on Twitter affect effectual thinking and behavior?
by Fischer, Eileen & Reuber, A. Rebecca
- 19-34 Intrapreneurship or entrepreneurship?
by Parker, Simon C.
- 35-48 Cross-border private equity syndication: Institutional context and learning
by Meuleman, Miguel & Wright, Mike
- 49-60 The role of entrepreneurs in firm-level innovation: Joint effects of positive affect, creativity, and environmental dynamism
by Baron, Robert A. & Tang, Jintong
- 61-78 Cross-national invariance of the entrepreneurial orientation scale
by Hansen, John D. & Deitz, George D. & Tokman, Mert & Marino, Louis D. & Weaver, K. Mark
- 79-92 Misfortunes or mistakes?: Cultural sensemaking of entrepreneurial failure
by Cardon, Melissa S. & Stevens, Christopher E. & Potter, D. Ryland
- 93-103 Agency and institutional influences on franchising decisions
by Barthélemy, Jérôme
- 104-123 Performance differentials within geographic clusters
by McCann, Brian T. & Folta, Timothy B.
- 124-136 Entrepreneurial intentions: The influence of organizational and individual factors
by Lee, Lena & Wong, Poh Kam & Foo, Maw Der & Leung, Aegean
- 137-151 Attributions to intuition in the venture founding process: Do entrepreneurs actually use intuition or just say that they do?
by Blume, Brian D. & Covin, Jeffrey G.
November 2010, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 541-555 The nature of entrepreneurial experience, business failure and comparative optimism
by Ucbasaran, Deniz & Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike & Flores, Manuel
- 556-568 Do market information processes improve new venture performance?
by Song, Michael & Wang, Tang & Parry, Mark E.
- 569-578 Beyond hubris: How highly confident entrepreneurs rebound to venture again
by Hayward, Mathew L.A. & Forster, William R. & Sarasvathy, Saras D. & Fredrickson, Barbara L.
- 579-592 Financing decisions as a source of conflict in venture boards
by Forbes, Daniel P. & Korsgaard, M. Audrey & Sapienza, Harry J.
- 593-609 The dynamic impact of innovative capability and inter-firm network on firm valuation: A longitudinal study of biotechnology start-ups
by Zheng, Yanfeng & Liu, Jing & George, Gerard
- 610-626 On growth drivers of high-tech start-ups: Exploring the role of founders' human capital and venture capital
by Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca
September 2010, Volume 25, Issue 5
- 439-448 Sustainable development and entrepreneurship: Past contributions and future directions
by Hall, Jeremy K. & Daneke, Gregory A. & Lenox, Michael J.
- 449-463 The entrepreneur-environment nexus: Uncertainty, innovation, and allocation
by York, Jeffrey G. & Venkataraman, S.
- 464-480 Escaping the green prison: Entrepreneurship and the creation of opportunities for sustainable development
by Pacheco, Desirée F. & Dean, Thomas J. & Payne, David S.
- 481-492 Greening Goliaths versus emerging Davids -- Theorizing about the role of incumbents and new entrants in sustainable entrepreneurship
by Hockerts, Kai & Wüstenhagen, Rolf
- 493-509 The impact of social norms on entrepreneurial action: Evidence from the environmental entrepreneurship context
by Meek, William R. & Pacheco, Desirée F. & York, Jeffrey G.
- 510-523 Sustainability-driven entrepreneurship: Principles of organization design
by Parrish, Bradley D.
- 524-539 The influence of sustainability orientation on entrepreneurial intentions -- Investigating the role of business experience
by Kuckertz, Andreas & Wagner, Marcus
July 2010, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 331-348 The interplay of need and opportunity in venture capital investment syndication
by Dimov, Dimo & Milanov, Hana
- 349-360 The adoption of human capital services by small and medium enterprises: A diffusion of innovation perspective
by Klaas, Brian S. & Klimchak, Malayka & Semadeni, Matthew & Holmes, Jeanne Johnson
- 361-375 Reconceptualizing entrepreneurial exit: Divergent exit routes and their drivers
by Wennberg, Karl & Wiklund, Johan & DeTienne, Dawn R. & Cardon, Melissa S.
- 376-388 The influence of R&D investment on the use of corporate venture capital: An industry-level analysis
by Sahaym, Arvin & Steensma, H. Kevin & Barden, Jeffrey Q.
- 389-402 Dual-track versus single-track sell-outs: An empirical analysis of competing harvest strategies
by Brau, James C. & Sutton, Ninon K. & Hatch, Nile W.
- 403-422 Stock exchange markets for new ventures
by Carpentier, Cécile & L'Her, Jean-François & Suret, Jean-Marc
- 423-437 The age-effect of financial indicators as buffers against the liability of newness
by Wiklund, Johan & Baker, Ted & Shepherd, Dean
May 2010, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 245-260 How social and human capital influence opportunity recognition and resource mobilization in India's handloom industry
by Bhagavatula, Suresh & Elfring, Tom & van Tilburg, Aad & van de Bunt, Gerhard G.
- 261-273 Determinants of entrepreneurial activities in China
by Lu, Jiangyong & Tao, Zhigang
- 274-289 'How do they plan for growth in auto component business?' - A study on small foundries of western India
by Majumdar, Satyajit
- 290-304 Intergenerational ethnic enclave influences on the likelihood of being self-employed
by Fairchild, Gregory B.
- 305-314 Entrepreneurial types and economic growth
by Minniti, Maria & Lévesque, Moren
- 315-330 Nations of entrepreneurs: A social capital perspective
by Kwon, Seok-Woo & Arenius, Pia
March 2010, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 173-174 Entrepreneurial decision making: A paradigm rather than a set of questions: Introduction to special section based on Lally-Darden-Humboldt Young Entrepreneurship Scholars' Retreat 2006
by Schade, Christian
- 175-191 Foreign vs. domestic listing: An entrepreneurial decision
by Ding, Yuan & Nowak, Eric & Zhang, Hua
- 192-202 To start or not to start: Outcome and ability expectations in the decision to start a new venture
by Townsend, David M. & Busenitz, Lowell W. & Arthurs, Jonathan D.
- 203-215 Entrepreneurial exit as a critical component of the entrepreneurial process: Theoretical development
by DeTienne, Dawn R.
- 217-229 A situated metacognitive model of the entrepreneurial mindset
by Haynie, J. Michael & Shepherd, Dean & Mosakowski, Elaine & Earley, P. Christopher
- 230-237 Entrepreneurship as the structuration of individual and opportunity: A response using a critical realist perspective: Comment on Sarason, Dean and Dillard
by Mole, Kevin F. & Mole, Miranda
- 238-243 How can we know the dancer from the dance?: Reply to "Entrepreneurship as the structuration of individual and opportunity: A response using a critical realist perspective". (Mole and Mole, 2008)
by Sarason, Yolanda & Dillard, Jesse F. & Dean, Tom
January 2010, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-5 Letter from the editor-in-chief: Dean A. Shepherd
by Shepherd, Dean A.
- 6-23 How much prestige is enough? Assessing the value of multiple types of high-status affiliates for young firms
by Pollock, Timothy G. & Chen, Guoli & Jackson, Eric M. & Hambrick, Donald C.
- 24-40 Should entrepreneurs plan or just storm the castle? A meta-analysis on contextual factors impacting the business planning-performance relationship in small firms
by Brinckmann, Jan & Grichnik, Dietmar & Kapsa, Diana
- 41-53 Becoming a founder: How founder role identity affects entrepreneurial transitions and persistence in founding
by Hoang, Ha & Gimeno, Javier
- 54-72 Legality and venture capital governance around the world
by Cumming, Douglas & Schmidt, Daniel & Walz, Uwe
- 73-86 Are opportunities recognized or constructed?: An information perspective on entrepreneurial opportunity identification
by Vaghely, Ivan P. & Julien, Pierre-André
- 87-103 The moderating impact of internal social exchange processes on the entrepreneurial orientation-performance relationship
by De Clercq, Dirk & Dimov, Dimo & Thongpapanl, Narongsak (Tek)
- 104-119 Organizational entrainment and international new ventures from emerging markets
by Khavul, Susanna & Pérez-Nordtvedt, Liliana & Wood, Eric
- 120-137 Approaches to studying networks: Implications and outcomes
by Jack, Sarah L.
- 138-154 To thine own self be true: Images of self, images of opportunity, and entrepreneurial action
by Mitchell, J. Robert & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 155-172 The role of top management team human capital in venture capital markets: Evidence from first-time funds
by Zarutskie, Rebecca
November 2009, Volume 24, Issue 6
- 533-543 Congenital learning in the Spanish telecommunication industry
by Cegarra-Navarro, Juan Gabriel & Wensley, Anthony K.P.
- 544-557 Particularistic and system trust among small and medium enterprises: A comparative study in China's transition economy
by Tan, Justin & Yang, Jun & Veliyath, Rajaram
- 558-572 Upper echelons and portfolio strategies of venture capital firms
by Patzelt, Holger & zu Knyphausen-Aufseß, Dodo & Fischer, Heiko T.
- 573-587 A meta-analytic review of effectuation and venture performance
by Read, Stuart & Song, Michael & Smit, Willem
- 588-600 Project failure from corporate entrepreneurship: Managing the grief process
by Shepherd, Dean A. & Covin, Jeffrey G. & Kuratko, Donald F.
September 2009, Volume 24, Issue 5
- 407-418 Ethics and entrepreneurship
by Harris, Jared D. & Sapienza, Harry J. & Bowie, Norman E.
- 419-435 Entrepreneurship in and around institutional voids: A case study from Bangladesh
by Mair, Johanna & Marti, Ignasi
- 436-447 Rule breaking in adolescence and entrepreneurial status: An empirical investigation
by Zhang, Zhen & Arvey, Richard D.
- 448-464 Innovation, rule breaking and the ethics of entrepreneurship
by Brenkert, George G.
- 465-476 Entrepreneurship, innovation, and corruption
by Anokhin, Sergey & Schulze, William S.
- 477-490 Personal strain and ethical standards of the self-employed
by De Clercq, Dirk & Dakhli, Mourad
- 491-504 A field study of entrepreneurial decision-making and moral imagination
by McVea, John F.
- 505-518 Self-regulation and moral awareness among entrepreneurs
by Bryant, Peter
- 519-532 A typology of social entrepreneurs: Motives, search processes and ethical challenges
by Zahra, Shaker A. & Gedajlovic, Eric & Neubaum, Donald O. & Shulman, Joel M.
July 2009, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 287-309 Effectual versus predictive logics in entrepreneurial decision-making: Differences between experts and novices
by Dew, Nicholas & Read, Stuart & Sarasvathy, Saras D. & Wiltbank, Robert
- 310-315 Effectual versus predictive logics in entrepreneurial decision making: Differences between experts and novices: Does experience in starting new ventures change the way entrepreneurs think? Perhaps, but for now, "Caution" is essential
by Baron, Robert A.
- 316-337 Birds of a feather don't always flock together: Identity management in entrepreneurship
by Shepherd, Dean & Haynie, J. Michael
- 338-359 Novelty and new firm performance: The case of employment systems in knowledge-intensive service organizations
by Jennings, Jennifer E. & Jennings, P. Devereaux & Greenwood, Royston
- 360-372 Signaling and initial public offerings: The use and impact of the lockup period
by Arthurs, Jonathan D. & Busenitz, Lowell W. & Hoskisson, Robert E. & Johnson, Richard A.
- 373-387 Asset specificity and behavioral uncertainty as moderators of the sales growth -- Employment growth relationship in emerging ventures
by Chandler, Gaylen N. & McKelvie, Alexander & Davidsson, Per
- 388-406 Growing profitable or growing from profits: Putting the horse in front of the cart?
by Davidsson, Per & Steffens, Paul & Fitzsimmons, Jason
May 2009, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 197-205 Corporate entrepreneurship: Current research and future directions
by Phan, Phillip H. & Wright, Mike & Ucbasaran, Deniz & Tan, Wee-Liang
- 206-220 Structural differentiation and corporate venturing: The moderating role of formal and informal integration mechanisms
by Burgers, J. Henri & Jansen, Justin J.P. & Van den Bosch, Frans A.J. & Volberda, Henk W.
- 221-235 Intra-organizational networking for innovation-based corporate entrepreneurship
by Kelley, Donna J. & Peters, Lois & O'Connor, Gina Colarelli
- 236-247 Managers' corporate entrepreneurial actions: Examining perception and position
by Hornsby, Jeffrey S. & Kuratko, Donald F. & Shepherd, Dean A. & Bott, Jennifer P.
- 248-260 How do threshold firms sustain corporate entrepreneurship? The role of boards and absorptive capacity
by Zahra, Shaker A. & Filatotchev, Igor & Wright, Mike
- 261-273 Developing the selection and valuation capabilities through learning: The case of corporate venture capital
by Yang, Yi & Narayanan, V.K. & Zahra, Shaker
- 274-286 Corporate venture capital and the balance of risks and rewards for portfolio companies
by Maula, Markku V.J. & Autio, Erkko & Murray, Gordon C.
March 2009, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 99-115 The extent and nature of opportunity identification by experienced entrepreneurs
by Ucbasaran, Deniz & Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike
- 116-133 Prediction and control under uncertainty: Outcomes in angel investing
by Wiltbank, Robert & Read, Stuart & Dew, Nicholas & Sarasvathy, Saras D.
- 134-148 Moving forward: Balancing the financial and emotional costs of business failure
by Shepherd, Dean A. & Wiklund, Johan & Haynie, J. Michael
- 149-164 An investigation of hindsight bias in nascent venture activity
by Cassar, Gavin & Craig, Justin
- 165-182 Building trust--Evidence from Vietnamese entrepreneurs
by Nguyen, Thang V. & Rose, Jerman
- 183-195 Bundling governance mechanisms to efficiently organize small firm loans
by Bosse, Douglas A.
January 2009, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-22 Can genetic factors influence the likelihood of engaging in entrepreneurial activity?
by Nicolaou, Nicos & Shane, Scott
- 23-26 So what or so everything? Bringing behavior genetics to entrepreneurship research
by Johnson, Wendy
- 27-45 Judging a business by its cover: An institutional perspective on new ventures and the business plan
by Karlsson, Tomas & Honig, Benson
- 46-61 The impact of early imprinting on the evolution of new venture networks
by Milanov, Hana & Fernhaber, Stephanie A.
- 62-80 External technology sourcing: The effect of uncertainty on governance mode choice
by van de Vrande, Vareska & Vanhaverbeke, Wim & Duysters, Geert
- 81-97 Grief recovery from the loss of a family business: A multi- and meso-level theory
by Shepherd, Dean A.
November 2008, Volume 23, Issue 6
- 603-612 Recent developments in the economics of entrepreneurship
by Minniti, Maria & Lévesque, Moren
- 613-626 Towards a theory of entrepreneurial teams
by Harper, David A.
- 627-640 The economics of formal business networks
by Parker, Simon C.
- 641-655 Testing Baumol: Institutional quality and the productivity of entrepreneurship
by Sobel, Russell S.
- 656-672 Institutions and entrepreneurship development in Russia: A comparative perspective
by Aidis, Ruta & Estrin, Saul & Mickiewicz, Tomasz
- 673-686 Does self-employment reduce unemployment?
by Thurik, A. Roy & Carree, Martin A. & van Stel, André & Audretsch, David B.
- 687-698 Entrepreneurship capital and its impact on knowledge diffusion and economic performance
by Audretsch, David B. & Bönte, Werner & Keilbach, Max
September 2008, Volume 23, Issue 5
- 497-512 Duration analysis of venture capital staging: A real options perspective
by Li, Yong
- 513-527 The influence of residential segregation and its correlates on ethnic enterprise in urban areas
by Fairchild, Gregory B.
- 528-546 The fallacy of "only the strong survive": The effects of extrinsic motivation on the persistence decisions for under-performing firms
by DeTienne, Dawn R. & Shepherd, Dean A. & De Castro, Julio O.
- 547-566 Properties of emerging organizations: An empirical test
by Brush, Candida G. & Manolova, Tatiana S. & Edelman, Linda F.
- 567-586 Network embeddedness and new-venture internationalization: Analyzing international linkages in the German biotech industry
by Al-Laham, Andreas & Souitaris, Vangelis
- 587-602 The influence of leader regulatory focus on employee creativity
by Wu, Cindy & McMullen, Jeffery S. & Neubert, Mitchell J. & Yi, Xiang
July 2008, Volume 23, Issue 4
- 385-404 Give everyone a prize? Employee stock options in private venture-backed firms
by Hand, John R.M.
- 405-422 Clusters, knowledge spillovers and new venture performance: An empirical examination
by Gilbert, Brett Anitra & McDougall, Patricia P. & Audretsch, David B.
- 423-444 Strategy-organization configurations in corporate venture units: Impact on performance and survival
by Hill, Susan A. & Birkinshaw, Julian
- 445-464 Externally commercializing technology assets: An examination of different process stages
by Lichtenthaler, Ulrich
- 465-481 Financial slack and venture managers' decisions to seek a new alliance
by Patzelt, Holger & Shepherd, Dean A. & Deeds, David & Bradley, Steven W.
- 482-496 The contrasting interaction effects of improvisational behavior with entrepreneurial self-efficacy on new venture performance and entrepreneur work satisfaction
by Hmieleski, Keith M. & Corbett, Andrew C.
May 2008, Volume 23, Issue 3