Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
May 2008, Volume 23, Issue 3
March 2008, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 141-164 Quality shock vs. market shock: Lessons from recently established rapidly growing U.S. startups
by Yim, Hyung Rok
- 165-194 The path-to-profitability of Internet IPO firms
by Jain, Bharat A. & Jayaraman, Narayanan & Kini, Omesh
- 195-220 The effect of international venturing on firm performance: The moderating influence of absorptive capacity
by Zahra, Shaker A. & Hayton, James C.
- 221-243 Managers' emotional displays and employees' willingness to act entrepreneurially
by Brundin, Ethel & Patzelt, Holger & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 244-256 The role of gender identity in explaining sex differences in business owners' career satisfier preferences
by Eddleston, Kimberly A. & Powell, Gary N.
January 2008, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-20 The time frames of entrepreneurs
by Bluedorn, Allen C. & Martin, Gwen
- 21-45 Factors influencing the choice between founder versus non-founder CEOs for IPO firms
by Jain, Bharat A. & Tabak, Filiz
- 46-74 Residential segregation influences on the likelihood of black and white self-employment
by Fairchild, Gregory B.
- 75-90 Can entrepreneurial firms benefit from product piracy?
by De Castro, Julio O. & Balkin, David B. & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 91-112 External technology acquisition and firm performance: A longitudinal study
by Tsai, Kuen-Hung & Wang, Jiann-Chyuan
- 113-139 Ethnic-immigrants in founding teams: Effects on prospector strategy and performance in new Internet ventures
by Chaganti, Rajeswararao (Raj) S. & Watts, Allison D. & Chaganti, Radha & Zimmerman-Treichel, Monica
November 2007, Volume 22, Issue 6
- 753-781 A theoretical analysis of optimal financing strategies for different types of capital-constrained entrepreneurs
by Schwienbacher, Armin
- 782-807 Uncovering the value of planning in new venture creation: A process and contingency perspective
by Gruber, Marc
- 808-832 Financing entrepreneurship: Bank finance versus venture capital
by de Bettignies, Jean-Etienne & Brander, James A.
- 833-851 Acquiring financial resources from foreign equity capital markets: An examination of factors influencing foreign initial public offerings
by Hursti, Jani & Maula, Markku V.J.
- 852-874 Modeling the relationship between networking and firm performance
by Watson, John
- 875-895 Effects of family ownership and management on small business equity financing
by Wu, Zhenyu & Chua, Jess H. & Chrisman, James J.
September 2007, Volume 22, Issue 5
July 2007, Volume 22, Issue 4
- 453-480 Factors that determine the reputation of private equity managers in developing markets
by Balboa, Marina & Marti, Jose
- 481-502 Requisite expertise, firm reputation, and status in venture capital investment allocation decisions
by Dimov, Dimo & Shepherd, Dean A. & Sutcliffe, Kathleen M.
- 503-521 Do women-owned businesses have equal access to angel capital?
by Becker-Blease, John R. & Sohl, Jeffrey E.
- 522-544 Antecedents and effects of free riding in the franchisor-franchisee relationship
by Kidwell, Roland E. & Nygaard, Arne & Silkoset, Ragnhild
- 545-565 Destructive and productive family relationships: A stewardship theory perspective
by Eddleston, Kimberly A. & Kellermanns, Franz W.
- 566-591 Do entrepreneurship programmes raise entrepreneurial intention of science and engineering students? The effect of learning, inspiration and resources
by Souitaris, Vangelis & Zerbinati, Stefania & Al-Laham, Andreas
- 592-611 The effects of entrepreneurial orientation and marketing information on the performance of SMEs
by Keh, Hean Tat & Nguyen, Thi Tuyet Mai & Ng, Hwei Ping
May 2007, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 337-339 Lally, Darden, Fisher retreat 2005
by Alvarez, Sharon A. & Barney, Jay B.
- 340-362 Are entrepreneurs' decisions more biased? An experimental investigation of the susceptibility to status quo bias
by Burmeister, Katrin & Schade, Christian
- 363-387 Don't rest on your laurels: Reputational change and young technology-based ventures
by Reuber, A. Rebecca & Fischer, Eileen
- 388-411 Managing radical innovation: The importance of specialized knowledge in the biotech revolution
by Junkunc, Marc T.
- 412-426 Transaction cost entrepreneurship
by Michael, Steven C.
- 427-442 Entrepreneurial rents and the theory of the firm
by Alvarez, Sharon A.
- 443-452 Contextualizing theory building in entrepreneurship research
by Zahra, Shaker A.
March 2007, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 147-173 Early teams: The impact of team demography on VC financing and going public
by Beckman, Christine M. & Burton, M. Diane & O'Reilly, Charles
- 174-192 Social sources of information in opportunity recognition: Effects of mentors, industry networks, and professional forums
by Ozgen, Eren & Baron, Robert A.
- 193-235 Government policy towards entrepreneurial finance: Innovation investment funds
by Cumming, Douglas
- 236-261 Complexity dynamics of nascent entrepreneurship
by Lichtenstein, Benyamin B. & Carter, Nancy M. & Dooley, Kevin J. & Gartner, William B.
- 262-282 Venture capital investing by information technology companies: Did it pay?
by Allen, Stephen A. & Hevert, Kathleen T.
- 283-310 Illegal entrepreneurship experience: Does it make a difference for business performance and motivation?
by Aidis, Ruta & van Praag, Mirjam
- 311-335 Exploring the determinants of organizational emergence: A legitimacy perspective
by Tornikoski, Erno T. & Newbert, Scott L.
January 2007, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-28 Determinants of the round-to-round returns to pre-IPO venture capital investments in U.S. biotechnology companies
by Hand, John R.M.
- 29-49 Market imperfections, opportunity and sustainable entrepreneurship
by Cohen, Boyd & Winn, Monika I.
- 50-76 Toward a theory of sustainable entrepreneurship: Reducing environmental degradation through entrepreneurial action
by Dean, Thomas J. & McMullen, Jeffery S.
- 77-96 Phase transitions and emergence of entrepreneurship: The transformation of Chinese SOEs over time
by Tan, Justin
- 97-118 Learning asymmetries and the discovery of entrepreneurial opportunities
by Corbett, Andrew C.
- 119-145 The cumulative nature of the entrepreneurial process: The contribution of human capital, planning and environment resources to small venture performance
by Haber, Sigal & Reichel, Arie
November 2006, Volume 21, Issue 6
- 753-772 When does corporate venture capital investment create firm value?
by Dushnitsky, Gary & Lenox, Michael J.
- 773-801 How venture capitalists respond to unmet expectations: The role of social environment
by Parhankangas, Annaleena & Landstrom, Hans
- 802-826 What you are is what you like--similarity biases in venture capitalists' evaluations of start-up teams
by Franke, Nikolaus & Gruber, Marc & Harhoff, Dietmar & Henkel, Joachim
- 827-850 Growth of industry clusters and innovation: Lessons from Beijing Zhongguancun Science Park
by Tan, Justin
- 851-865 Bootstrapping in small firms: An empirical analysis of change over time
by Ebben, Jay & Johnson, Alec
- 866-885 New business start-up and subsequent entry into self-employment
by Kolvereid, Lars & Isaksen, Espen
- 886-909 Service-for-equity arrangements: Untangling motives and conflicts
by Henderson, James & Leleux, Benoit & White, Ian
September 2006, Volume 21, Issue 5
- 569-609 Crowding out private equity: Canadian evidence
by Cumming, Douglas J. & MacIntosh, Jeffrey G.
- 610-632 Entrepreneur opportunity costs and intended venture growth
by Cassar, Gavin
- 633-663 New to the game and questioning the rules: The experiences and beliefs of founders who start imitative versus innovative firms
by Cliff, Jennifer E. & Jennings, P. Devereaux & Greenwood, Royston
- 664-686 The use of networks in human resource acquisition for entrepreneurial firms: Multiple "fit" considerations
by Leung, Aegean & Zhang, Jing & Wong, Poh Kam & Foo, Maw Der
- 687-703 Knowledge, innovation and firm performance in high- and low-technology regimes
by Thornhill, Stewart
- 704-725 Key components and implications of entrepreneurship: A 4-P framework
by Ma, Hao & Tan, Justin
- 726-751 Financial intermingling in small family businesses
by Yilmazer, Tansel & Schrank, Holly
July 2006, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 401-404 Entrepreneurship and strategic alliances
by Alvarez, Sharon A. & Ireland, R. Duane & Reuer, Jeffrey J.
- 405-428 An examination of the investments in U.S. biotechnology firms by foreign and domestic corporate partners
by Coombs, Joseph E. & Mudambi, Ram & Deeds, David L.
- 429-460 Alliance type, alliance experience and alliance management capability in high-technology ventures
by Rothaermel, Frank T. & Deeds, David L.
- 461-486 Partnering strategies and performance of SMEs' international joint ventures
by Lu, Jane W. & Beamish, Paul W.
- 487-513 Opportunism in the R&D alliances of SMES: The roles of the institutional environment and SME size
by Dickson, Pat H. & Weaver, K. Mark & Hoy, Frank
- 514-540 Firm networks and firm development: The role of the relational mix
by Lechner, Christian & Dowling, Michael & Welpe, Isabell
- 541-567 The impact of network capabilities and entrepreneurial orientation on university spin-off performance
by Walter, Achim & Auer, Michael & Ritter, Thomas
May 2006, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 265-285 Raising the returns to venture finance
by Baden-Fuller, Charles & Dean, Alison & McNamara, Peter & Hilliard, Bill
- 286-305 Entrepreneurship as the nexus of individual and opportunity: A structuration view
by Sarason, Yolanda & Dean, Tom & Dillard, Jesse F.
- 306-325 Entrepreneurial alliances as contractual forms
by Reuer, Jeffrey J. & Arino, Africa & Mellewigt, Thomas
- 326-347 Effects of relational capital and commitment on venture capitalists' perception of portfolio company performance
by De Clercq, Dirk & Sapienza, Harry J.
- 348-368 The paradox for the family firm CEO: Owner age relationship to succession-related processes and plans
by Marshall, James P. & Sorenson, Ritch & Brigham, Keith & Wieling, Elizabeth & Reifman, Alan & Wampler, Richard S.
- 369-384 Agency risk control through reprisal
by Lu, Qing & Hwang, Peter & Wang, Clement K.
- 385-400 The risk concept for entrepreneurs reconsidered: New challenges to the conventional wisdom
by Janney, Jay J. & Dess, Gregory G.
March 2006, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 149-151 Dynamism as a necessary property of entrepreneurial systems
by Phan, Phillip H.
- 153-175 Measuring emergence in the dynamics of new venture creation
by Lichtenstein, Benyamin B. & Dooley, Kevin J. & Lumpkin, G.T.
- 177-194 The effect of aging on entrepreneurial behavior
by Levesque, Moren & Minniti, Maria
- 195-215 Dynamic capabilities and venture performance: The effects of venture capitalists
by Arthurs, Jonathan D. & Busenitz, Lowell W.
- 217-242 Geographic cluster size and firm performance
by Folta, Timothy B. & Cooper, Arnold C. & Baik, Yoon-suk
- 243-263 The moderating effect of environmental dynamism on the relationship between entrepreneur leadership behavior and new venture performance
by Ensley, Michael D. & Pearce, Craig L. & Hmieleski, Keith M.
January 2006, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-26 Learning about the unknown: How fast do entrepreneurs adjust their beliefs?
by Parker, Simon C.
- 27-44 Moderating effects of investor experience on the signaling value of private equity placements
by Janney, Jay J. & Folta, Timothy B.
- 45-73 Bypassing the financial growth cycle: Evidence from Capital Pool Companies
by Carpentier, Cecile & Suret, Jean-Marc
- 75-105 Strategic pathways to product innovation capabilities in SMEs
by Branzei, Oana & Vertinsky, Ilan
- 107-123 Aspirations, market offerings, and the pursuit of entrepreneurial opportunities
by Lee, Joo-Heon & Venkataraman, S.
- 125-148 Newness and novelty: Relating top management team composition to new venture performance
by Amason, Allen C. & Shrader, Rodney C. & Tompson, George H.
November 2005, Volume 20, Issue 6
- 727-746 Demographic diversity for building an effective entrepreneurial team: is it important?
by Chowdhury, Sanjib
- 747-767 Reconciling diverse approaches to opportunity research using the structuration theory
by Chiasson, Mike & Saunders, Chad
- 769-791 The influence of guided preparation on the long-term performance of new ventures
by Chrisman, James J. & McMullan, Ed & Hall, Jeremy
- 793-819 Institutional lending to knowledge-based businesses
by Gorman, Gary G. & Rosa, Peter J. & Faseruk, Alex
- 821-845 Academics' organizational characteristics and the generation of successful business ideas
by Grandi, Alessandro & Grimaldi, Rosa
- 847-868 The prediction of bankruptcy of small- and medium-sized industrial firms
by Pompe, Paul P.M. & Bilderbeek, Jan
September 2005, Volume 20, Issue 5
- 573-622 Agency costs, institutions, learning, and taxation in venture capital contracting
by Cumming, Douglas J.
- 623-640 Are some entrepreneurs more overconfident than others?
by Forbes, Daniel P.
- 641-661 Champions of product innovations: defining, developing, and validating a measure of champion behavior
by Howell, Jane M. & Shea, Christine M. & Higgins, Christopher A.
- 663-687 A quantitative content analysis of the characteristics of rapid-growth firms and their founders
by Barringer, Bruce R. & Jones, Foard F. & Neubaum, Donald O.
- 689-704 Venturing in turbulent water: a historical perspective of economic reform and entrepreneurial transformation
by Tan, Justin
- 705-725 Antecedents, moderators, and performance consequences of membership change in new venture teams
by Chandler, Gaylen N. & Honig, Benson & Wiklund, Johan
July 2005, Volume 20, Issue 4
- 437-457 Antecedents of international and domestic learning effort
by Sapienza, Harry J. & De Clercq, Dirk & Sandberg, William R.
- 459-481 Predicting order and timing of new product moves: the role of top management in corporate entrepreneurship
by Srivastava, Abhishek & Lee, Hun
- 483-518 Business accomplishments, gender and entrepreneurial self-image
by Verheul, Ingrid & Uhlaner, Lorraine & Thurik, Roy
- 519-541 Strategic decision making in start-ups: the effect of top management team organization and processes on speed and comprehensiveness
by Talaulicar, Till & Grundei, Jens & Werder, Axel v.
- 543-571 Cash crisis in newly public Internet-based firms: an empirical analysis
by Mudambi, Ram & Treichel, Monica Zimmerman
May 2005, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 291-311 University start-up formation and technology licensing with firms that go public: a resource-based view of academic entrepreneurship
by Powers, Joshua B. & McDougall, Patricia P.
- 313-342 Intuitive optimizing: experimental findings on time allocation decisions with newly formed ventures
by Levesque, Moren & Schade, Christian
- 343-358 Analysis of young, small firms that have closed: delineating successful from unsuccessful closures
by Bates, Timothy
- 359-383 Co-alignment in the resource-performance relationship: strategy as mediator
by Edelman, Linda F. & Brush, Candida G. & Manolova, Tatiana
- 385-402 Do others think you have a viable business idea? Team diversity and judges' evaluation of ideas in a business plan competition
by Der Foo, Maw & Kam Wong, Poh & Ong, Andy
- 403-436 Small business and supply chain management: is there a fit?
by Arend, Richard J. & Wisner, Joel D.
March 2005, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 165-182 Science parks and incubators: observations, synthesis and future research
by Phan, Phillip H. & Siegel, Donald S. & Wright, Mike
- 183-216 Spinning out new ventures: a typology of incubation strategies from European research institutions
by Clarysse, Bart & Wright, Mike & Lockett, Andy & Van de Velde, Els & Vohora, Ajay
- 217-239 An analytical framework for science parks and technology districts with an application to Singapore
by Koh, Francis C. C. & Koh, Winston T. H. & Tschang, Feichin Ted
- 241-263 Entrepreneurship and university-based technology transfer
by Markman, Gideon D. & Phan, Phillip H. & Balkin, David B. & Gianiodis, Peter T.
- 265-290 The networked business incubator--leveraging entrepreneurial agency?
by Bollingtoft, Anne & Ulhoi, John P.
January 2005, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-21 Human capital theory and venture capital firms: exploring "home runs" and "strike outs"
by Dimov, Dimo P. & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 23-45 A tale of passion: New insights into entrepreneurship from a parenthood metaphor
by Cardon, Melissa S. & Zietsma, Charlene & Saparito, Patrick & Matherne, Brett P. & Davis, Carolyn
- 47-69 Missing the boat or sinking the boat: a study of new venture decision making
by Mullins, John W. & Forlani, David
- 71-91 Entrepreneurial orientation and small business performance: a configurational approach
by Wiklund, Johan & Shepherd, Dean
- 93-111 Investment bankers and IPO pricing: does prospectus information matter?
by Daily, Catherine M. & Certo, S. Trevis & Dalton, Dan R.
- 113-135 Is venture capital worth it? Effects on firm performance and founder returns
by Florin, Juan
- 137-164 Exploring entrepreneurial learning: a comparative study of technology development projects
by Ravasi, Davide & Turati, Carlo
November 2004, Volume 19, Issue 6
- 767-785 Planning for the market: business planning before marketing and the continuation of organizing efforts
by Shane, Scott & Delmar, Frederic
- 787-807 Reconsidering the venture capitalists' "value added" proposition: An interorganizational learning perspective
by Busenitz, Lowell W. & Fiet, James O. & Moesel, Douglas D.
- 809-829 Knowledge relatedness and post-spin-off growth
by Sapienza, Harry J. & Parhankangas, Annaleena & Autio, Erkko
- 831-849 The relationship between governance structure and risk management approaches in Japanese venture capital firms
by Yoshikawa, Toru & Phan, Phillip H. & Linton, Jonathan
- 851-875 Internationalization in different industrial contexts
by Andersson, Svante
- 877-897 A strategic groups approach to the franchising-performance relationship
by Combs, James G. & Ketchen, David Jr. & Hoover, Vera L.
- 899-919 The temporal nature of growth determinants in new bank foundings: implications for new venture research design
by Bamford, Charles E. & Dean, Thomas J. & Douglas, Thomas J.
September 2004, Volume 19, Issue 5
- 617-620 Entrepreneurship theory: possibilities and future directions
by Phan, Phillip H.
- 621-635 Organizing rent generation and appropriation: toward a theory of the entrepreneurial firm
by Alvarez, Sharon A. & Barney, Jay B.
- 637-658 Entrepreneurial alertness and asymmetric information in a spin-glass model
by Minniti, Maria
- 659-679 Dispersed knowledge and an entrepreneurial theory of the firm
by Dew, Nicholas & Velamuri, S. Ramakrishna & Venkataraman, Sankaran
- 681-706 Contextual antecedents and consequences of relationships between young firms and distinct types of dominant exchange partners
by Fischer, Eileen & Reuber, A. Rebecca
- 707-717 The questions we ask and the questions we care about: reformulating some problems in entrepreneurship research
by Sarasvathy, Saras D.
- 721-741 Venture capital financing, strategic alliances, and the initial public offerings of Internet startups
by Chang, Sea Jin
- 743-765 Mathematics, theory, and entrepreneurship
by Levesque, Moren
July 2004, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 465-483 The Big Five and venture survival: Is there a linkage?
by Ciavarella, Mark A. & Buchholtz, Ann K. & Riordan, Christine M. & Gatewood, Robert D. & Stokes, Garnett S.
- 485-508 Methodological issues in international entrepreneurship research
by Coviello, Nicole E. & Jones, Marian V.
- 509-534 Buyouts, information asymmetry and the family management dyad
by Howorth, Carole & Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike
- 535-559 Tracking family businesses and their owners over time: panel attrition, manager departure and business demise
by Winter, Mary & Danes, Sharon M. & Koh, Sun-Kang & Fredericks, Kelly & Paul, Jennifer J.
- 561-587 U.K. SMEs' decision to discontinue exporting: an exploratory investigation into practices within the clothing industry
by Crick, Dave
- 589-600 Zobele chemical industries: the evolution of a family company from flypaper to globalization (1919-2001)
by Abetti, Pier A. & Phan, Phillip H.
- 601-613 Teaching note: Zobele chemical industries: the evolution of a family company from flypaper to globalization (1919-2001)
by Abetti, Pier A. & Phan, Phillip H.
May 2004, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 309-312 An evolving field: Guest editor's introduction to the special issue on Evolutionary Approaches to Entrepreneurship in honor of Howard Aldrich
by Shane, Scott
- 313-341 Toward a complexity science of entrepreneurship
by McKelvey, Bill
- 343-358 Event- and outcome-driven explanations of entrepreneurship
by Van de Ven, Andrew H. & Engleman, Rhonda M.
- 359-384 Institutional activism in the early American automobile industry
by Rao, Hayagreeva
- 385-410 Legitimating first: organizing activities and the survival of new ventures
by Delmar, Frederic & Shane, Scott
- 411-436 Picking winners or building them? Alliance, intellectual, and human capital as selection criteria in venture financing and performance of biotechnology startups
by Baum, Joel A. C. & Silverman, Brian S.
- 437-463 Survival beyond succession? The contingent impact of founder succession on organizational failure
by Haveman, Heather A. & Khaire, Mukti V.
March 2004, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 169-172 Potential benefits of the cognitive perspective: expanding entrepreneurship's array of conceptual tools
by Baron, Robert A.
- 173-188 Cognition, creativity, and entrepreneurship
by Ward, Thomas B.
- 189-201 Successful intelligence as a basis for entrepreneurship
by Sternberg, Robert J.
- 203-220 Regulatory focus theory and the entrepreneurial process
by Brockner, Joel & Higgins, E. Tory & Low, Murray B.
- 221-239 The cognitive perspective: a valuable tool for answering entrepreneurship's basic "why" questions
by Baron, Robert A.
- 241-260 Entrepreneurial leadership: developing and measuring a cross-cultural construct
by Gupta, Vipin & MacMillan, Ian C. & Surie, Gita
- 261-283 The financing of business start-ups
by Cassar, Gavin
- 285-307 Building a foreign sales base: the roles of capabilities and alliances for entrepreneurial firms
by Leiblein, Michael J. & Reuer, Jeffrey J.
January 2004, Volume 19, Issue 1
- 1-5 Technological entrepreneurship in emerging regions
by Phan, Phillip H. & Foo, Maw Der
- 7-28 An exploratory study of technopreneurial intentions: a career anchor perspective
by Lee, Soo Hoon & Wong, Poh Kam
- 29-54 Entrepreneurs' choice of entry strategy in emerging and developed markets
by Levesque, Moren & Shepherd, Dean A.
- 55-79 A process study of entrepreneurial team formation: the case of a research-based spin-off
by Clarysse, Bart & Moray, Nathalie
- 81-105 New venture strategies in a developing country: Identifying a typology and examining growth patterns through case studies
by Park, Sangmoon & Bae, Zong-Tae
- 107-125 The hidden hand and the license raj to An evaluation of the relationship between age and the growth of firms in India
by Majumdar, Sumit K.
- 127-151 Encouraging university entrepreneurship? The effect of the Bayh-Dole Act on university patenting in the United States
by Shane, Scott
- 153-167 Regional transformation through technological entrepreneurship
by Venkataraman, Sankaran
November 2003, Volume 18, Issue 6
- 689-708 Venture capital financing and the growth of startup firms
by Davila, Antonio & Foster, George & Gupta, Mahendra
- 709-725 Contracting, signaling, and moral hazard: a model of entrepreneurs, 'angels,' and venture capitalists
by Elitzur, Ramy & Gavious, Arieh
- 727-744 The role of networking alliances in information acquisition and its implications for new product performance
by Soh, Pek-Hooi
- 745-771 Forecasting the liquidity of very small private companies
by Mramor, Dusan & Valentincic, Aljosa
- 773-788 Adjusting for risk in comparing the performances of male- and female-controlled SMEs
by Watson, John & Robinson, Sherry
- 789-814 Business process digitization, strategy, and the impact of firm age and size: the case of the magazine publishing industry
by BarNir, Anat & Gallaugher, John M. & Auger, Pat
- 815-832 Differences between women and men MBA entrepreneurs: exploring family flexibility and wealth creation as career motivators
by DeMartino, Richard & Barbato, Robert
September 2003, Volume 18, Issue 5
- 559-566 Evolving research in entrepreneurship and family business: recognizing family as the oxygen that feeds the fire of entrepreneurship
by Rogoff, Edward G. & Heck, Ramona Kay Zachary
- 567-572 Commentary on the special issue: the emergence of a field
by Astrachan, Joseph H.
- 573-596 The pervasive effects of family on entrepreneurship: toward a family embeddedness perspective
by Aldrich, Howard E. & Cliff, Jennifer E.
- 597-618 Variants of agency contracts in family-financed ventures as a continuum of familial altruistic and market rationalities
by Steier, Lloyd
- 619-637 Ownership structure, founder leadership, and performance in Norwegian SMEs: implications for financing entrepreneurial opportunities
by Randoy, Trond & Goel, Sanjay
- 639-666 The impact of the family and the business on family business sustainability
by Olson, Patricia D. & Zuiker, Virginia S. & Danes, Sharon M. & Stafford, Kathryn & Heck, Ramona K. Z. & Duncan, Karen A.
- 667-687 Predictors of satisfaction with the succession process in family firms
by Sharma, Pramodita & Chrisman, James J. & Chua, Jess H.
July 2003, Volume 18, Issue 4
- 441-448 An introduction to theories of family business
by Chrisman, James J. & Chua, Jess H. & Steier, Lloyd P.
- 451-465 A unified systems perspective of family firm performance
by Habbershon, Timothy G. & Williams, Mary & MacMillan, Ian C.
- 467-472 A unified systems perspective of family firm performance: an extension and integration
by Chrisman, James J. & Chua, Jess H. & Litz, Reginald
- 473-490 Toward a theory of agency and altruism in family firms
by Schulze, William S. & Lubatkin, Michael H. & Dino, Richard N.
- 491-494 Commentary on: "Toward a theory of agency and altruism in family firms"
by Greenwood, Royston
- 495-512 International expansion of U.S. manufacturing family businesses: the effect of ownership and involvement
by Zahra, Shaker A.
- 513-531 Lost in time: intergenerational succession, change, and failure in family business
by Miller, Danny & Steier, Lloyd & Le Breton-Miller, Isabelle
- 533-551 The transacting cognitions of nonfamily employees in the family businesses setting
by Mitchell, Ronald K. & Morse, Eric A. & Sharma, Pramodita
- 553-558 Commentary on: the transacting cognitions of non-family employees in the family businesses setting
by Astrachan, Joseph H. & Keyt, Andrew D.
May 2003, Volume 18, Issue 3