From entrepreneurial intentions to actions: Self-control and action-related doubt, fear, and aversion
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baron, Robert A. & Hmieleski, Keith M. & Henry, Rebecca A., 2012. "Entrepreneurs' dispositional positive affect: The potential benefits – and potential costs – of being “up”," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 310-324.
- Zellweger, Thomas & Sieger, Philipp & Halter, Frank, 2011. "Should I stay or should I go? Career choice intentions of students with family business background," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 521-536, September.
- Parker,Simon C., 2009. "The Economics of Entrepreneurship," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521728355, March.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Goethner, Maximilian & Obschonka, Martin & Silbereisen, Rainer K. & Cantner, Uwe, 2012. "Scientists’ transition to academic entrepreneurship: Economic and psychological determinants," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 628-641.
- Lichtenstein, Benyamin B. & Carter, Nancy M. & Dooley, Kevin J. & Gartner, William B., 2007. "Complexity dynamics of nascent entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 236-261, March.
- Beate Rotefoss & Lars Kolvereid, 2005. "Aspiring, nascent and fledgling entrepreneurs: an investigation of the business start-up process," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 109-127, March.
- Harrison, David A. & McLaughlin, Mary E. & Coalter, Terry M., 1996. "Context, Cognition, and Common Method Variance: Psychometric and Verbal Protocol Evidence," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 246-261, December.
- KruegerJR, Norris F. & Reilly, Michael D. & Carsrud, Alan L., 2000. "Competing models of entrepreneurial intentions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 411-432.
- Brockner, Joel & Higgins, E. Tory & Low, Murray B., 2004. "Regulatory focus theory and the entrepreneurial process," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 203-220, March.
- Frese, Michael, 2009. "Towards a Psychology of Entrepreneurship — An Action Theory Perspective," Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship, now publishers, vol. 5(6), pages 437-496, November.
- Sea-Jin Chang & Arjen van Witteloostuijn & Lorraine Eden, 2010. "From the Editors: Common method variance in international business research," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(2), pages 178-184, February.
- Fitzsimmons, Jason R. & Douglas, Evan J., 2011. "Interaction between feasibility and desirability in the formation of entrepreneurial intentions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 431-440, July.
- Souitaris, Vangelis & Zerbinati, Stefania & Al-Laham, Andreas, 2007. "Do entrepreneurship programmes raise entrepreneurial intention of science and engineering students? The effect of learning, inspiration and resources," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 566-591, July.
- Levesque, Moren & Minniti, Maria, 2006. "The effect of aging on entrepreneurial behavior," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 177-194, March.
- Parker,Simon C., 2009. "The Economics of Entrepreneurship," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521899604, March.
- McKelvie, Alexander & Haynie, J. Michael & Gustavsson, Veronica, 2011. "Unpacking the uncertainty construct: Implications for entrepreneurial action," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 273-292, May.
- Gollwitzer, Peter M. & Heckhausen, Heinz & Ratajczak, Heike, 1990. "From weighing to willing: Approaching a change decision through pre- or postdecisional mentation," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 41-65, February.
- Gielnik, Michael M. & Barabas, Stefanie & Frese, Michael & Namatovu-Dawa, Rebecca & Scholz, Florian A. & Metzger, Juliane R. & Walter, Thomas, 2014. "A temporal analysis of how entrepreneurial goal intentions, positive fantasies, and action planning affect starting a new venture and when the effects wear off," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 755-772.
- Carter, Nancy M. & Gartner, William B. & Reynolds, Paul D., 1996. "Exploring start-up event sequences," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 151-166, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jbvent:v:33:y:2018:i:3:p:296-314 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:51:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s11187-017-9971-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2018:i:1:p:158-:d:193857 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jobuve:v:6:y:2016:i:c:p:14-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel A. Lerner & Richard A. Hunt & Ingrid Verheul, 2017. "Dueling Banjos: Harmony and Discord between ADHD and Entrepreneurship," Working Papers 2017-07, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- repec:wsi:jecxxx:v:26:y:2018:i:03:n:s0218495818500115 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hikkerova, Lubica & Ilouga, Samuel Nyock & Sahut, Jean-Michel, 2016. "The entrepreneurship process and the model of volition," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1868-1873.
- Sabatier, Mareva & Chollet, Barthélemy, 2017.
"Is there a first mover advantage in science? Pioneering behavior and scientific production in nanotechnology,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 522-533.
- Mareva Sabatier & Barthelemy Chollet, 2017. "Is there a first mover advantage in science? Pioneering behavior and scientific production in nanotechnology," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01522764, HAL.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:2:p:550-:d:199516 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ratan J. S. Dheer, 2017. "Cross-national differences in entrepreneurial activity: role of culture and institutional factors," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 813-842, April.
- repec:eee:jbvent:v:32:y:2017:i:6:p:627-656 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ehu:cuader:21768 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:49:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11187-017-9854-x is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aae:journl:v:12:y:2016:i:2:p:123-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:96:y:2019:i:c:p:309-321 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bogatyreva, K. & Shirokova, G. & Osiyevskyy, O., 2016. "Intention-behavior translation in student entrepreneurship: An institutional perspective," Working Papers 6455, Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University.
- Aurora A. C. Teixeira & Rosa Portela Forte, 2017. "Prior education and entrepreneurial intentions: the differential impact of a wide range of fields of study," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 353-394, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Entrepreneurial intentions; Entrepreneurial action; Self-control; Intention–action-gap; Emotions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:30:y:2015:i:5:p:655-673. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.