Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid any more. Please ask John M. Schaubroeck to have the entry updated or send us the correct address
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
2021, Volume 162, Issue C
- 1-8 The effect of categories on relative encoding biases in memory-based judgments
by Sharif, Marissa A. & Oppenheimer, Daniel M.
- 9-23 Multi-issue offers strategy and joint gains in negotiations: How low-trust negotiators get things done
by Yao, Jingjing & Brett, Jeanne M. & Zhang, Zhi-Xue & Ramirez-Marin, Jimena
- 24-41 It’s a man’s world! the role of political ideology in the early stages of leader recruitment
by Oc, Burak & Netchaeva, Ekaterina & Kouchaki, Maryam
- 42-58 Don’t fear the meter: How longer time limits bias managers to prefer hiring with flat fee compensation
by Goswami, Indranil & Urminsky, Oleg
- 59-80 The power of lost alternatives in negotiations
by Brady, Garrett L. & Inesi, M. Ena & Mussweiler, Thomas
- 81-94 A concrete example of construct construction in natural language
by Yeomans, Michael
- 95-108 Thinking beyond boundaries: A growth theory of interest enhances integrative thinking that bridges the arts and sciences
by O'Keefe, Paul A. & Horberg, E.J. & Sabherwal, Anandita & Ibasco, Gabrielle C. & Binti Zainal, Adlin
- 109-122 The liking gap in groups and teams
by Mastroianni, Adam M. & Cooney, Gus & Boothby, Erica J. & Reece, Andrew G.
- 123-135 Predicting employee wrongdoing: The complementary effect of CEO option pay and the pay gap
by Smulowitz, Stephen J. & Almandoz, Juan
- 136-154 The (better than expected) consequences of asking sensitive questions
by Hart, Einav & VanEpps, Eric M. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 155-188 Decision making can be improved through observational learning
by Yoon, Haewon & Scopelliti, Irene & Morewedge, Carey K.
- 189-205 Identity affirmation as a response to justice failure
by Zhu, Luke (Lei) & Aquino, Karl & You, Huan & Yang, Chunjiang
- 206-217 Longitudinal relations between workplace mistreatment and engagement – The role of suicidal ideation among employees with mood disorders
by Follmer, Kayla B. & Follmer, D. Jake
- 218-223 Open science and reform practices in organizational behavior research over time (2011 to 2019)
by Tenney, Elizabeth R. & Costa, Elaine & Allard, Aurélien & Vazire, Simine
2020, Volume 161, Issue S
- 3-19 Nudging: Progress to date and future directions
by Beshears, John & Kosowsky, Harry
- 20-35 Teaching temptation bundling to boost exercise: A field experiment
by Kirgios, Erika L. & Mandel, Graelin H. & Park, Yeji & Milkman, Katherine L. & Gromet, Dena M. & Kay, Joseph S. & Duckworth, Angela L.
- 36-38 What is a habit? Diverse mechanisms that can produce sustained behavior change
by Volpp, Kevin G. & Loewenstein, George
- 39-49 Behavior change
by Duckworth, Angela L. & Gross, James J.
- 50-60 Dodging dietary defaults: Choosing away from healthy nudges
by Colby, Helen & Li, Meng & Chapman, Gretchen
- 61-73 Target, distance, and valence: Unpacking the effects of normative feedback
by Bogard, Jonathan E. & Delmas, Magali A. & Goldstein, Noah J. & Vezich, I. Stephanie
- 74-84 Returnable reciprocity: Returnable gifts are more effective than unreturnable gifts at promoting virtuous behaviors
by Zlatev, Julian J. & Rogers, Todd
- 85-94 When wanting closure reduces patients’ patience
by Roberts, Annabelle R. & Fishbach, Ayelet
- 95-101 Designing in-app messages to nudge behavior change: Lessons learned from a weight management app for young adults
by Valle, Carmina G. & Nezami, Brooke T. & Tate, Deborah F.
2020, Volume 161, Issue C
- 1-19 Rethinking reappraisal: The double-edged sword of regulating negative emotions in the workplace
by Feinberg, Matthew & Ford, Brett Q. & Flynn, Francis J.
- 20-33 Going it alone: Competition increases the attractiveness of minority status
by Kirgios, Erika L. & Chang, Edward H. & Milkman, Katherine L.
- 34-48 On the hiring of kin in organizations: Perceived nepotism and its implications for fairness perceptions and the willingness to join an organization
by Burhan, Omar K. & van Leeuwen, Esther & Scheepers, Daan
- 49-64 The Diversity-Uncertainty-Valence (DUV) model of generalized trust development
by Cao, Jiyin & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 65-78 Generosity without borders: The interactive effect of spatial distance and donation goals on charitable giving
by Xu, Alison Jing & Rodas, Maria A. & Torelli, Carlos J.
- 79-92 Power decreases the moral condemnation of disgust-inducing transgressions
by Mooijman, Marlon & Kouchaki, Maryam & Beall, Erica & Graham, Jesse
- 93-108 Show me the … family: How photos of meaningful relationships reduce unethical behavior at work
by Hardin, Ashley E. & Bauman, Christopher W. & Mayer, David M.
- 109-119 Revisiting attribute framing: The impact of number roundedness on framing
by Jain, Gaurav & Gaeth, Gary J. & Nayakankuppam, Dhananjay & Levin, Irwin P.
- 120-141 Man up and take it: Gender bias in moral typecasting
by Reynolds, Tania & Howard, Chuck & Sjåstad, Hallgeir & Zhu, Luke & Okimoto, Tyler G. & Baumeister, Roy F. & Aquino, Karl & Kim, JongHan
- 142-157 Anticipated temporal landmarks undermine motivation for continued goal pursuit
by Koo, Minjung & Dai, Hengchen & Mai, Ke Michael & Song, Camilla Eunyoung
- 158-175 How income and the economic evaluation of time affect who we socialize with outside of work
by Pai, Jieun & DeVoe, Sanford E. & Pfeffer, Jeffrey
- 176-187 A new look at employee happiness: How employees’ perceptions of a job as offering experiences versus objects to customers influence job-related happiness
by Bastos, Wilson & Barsade, Sigal G.
- 188-200 How does the perceived value of a medium of exchange depend on its set of possible uses?
by Spiller, Stephen A. & Ariely, Dan
- 201-212 Confidence and the description–experience distinction
by Lejarraga, Tomás & Lejarraga, José
- 213-227 From whom do we learn group norms? Low-ranking group members are perceived as the best sources
by Dannals, Jennifer E. & Reit, Emily S. & Miller, Dale T.
- 228-241 Goal-setting reloaded: The influence of minimal and maximal goal standards on task satisfaction and goal striving after performance feedback
by Giessner, Steffen R. & Stam, Daan & Kerschreiter, Rudolf & Verboon, Danny & Salama, Ibrahim
- 242-254 The dark side of creativity: Coworker envy and ostracism as a response to employee creativity
by Breidenthal, Amy P. & Liu, Dong & Bai, Yuntao & Mao, Yina
- 255-273 Face threat sensitivity in distributive negotiations: Effects on negotiator self-esteem and demands
by Tuncel, Ece & Kong, Dejun Tony & McLean Parks, Judi & van Kleef, Gerben A.
- 274-290 Compensatory conspicuous communication: Low status increases jargon use
by Brown, Zachariah C. & Anicich, Eric M. & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 291-309 Creative destruction in science
by Tierney, Warren & Hardy, Jay H. & Ebersole, Charles R. & Leavitt, Keith & Viganola, Domenico & Clemente, Elena Giulia & Gordon, Michael & Dreber, Anna & Johannesson, Magnus & Pfeiffer, Thomas & Uhlmann, Eric Luis
2020, Volume 160, Issue C
- 1-18 Gay and lesbian disclosure and heterosexual identity threat: The role of heterosexual identity commitment in shaping de-stigmatization
by Lyons, Brent J. & Lynch, John W. & Johnson, Tiffany D.
- 19-35 Small steps to accuracy: Incremental belief updaters are better forecasters
by Atanasov, Pavel & Witkowski, Jens & Ungar, Lyle & Mellers, Barbara & Tetlock, Philip
- 36-50 Feeling authentic serves as a buffer against rejection
by Gino, Francesca & Kouchaki, Maryam
- 51-67 When poignant stories outweigh cold hard facts: A meta-analysis of the anecdotal bias
by Freling, Traci H. & Yang, Zhiyong & Saini, Ritesh & Itani, Omar S. & Rashad Abualsamh, Ryan
- 68-86 Feeling proud but guilty? Unpacking the paradoxical nature of unethical pro-organizational behavior
by Tang, Pok Man & Yam, Kai Chi & Koopman, Joel
- 87-105 The conversations we seek to avoid
by Sun, Katherine Qianwen & Slepian, Michael L.
- 106-114 Examining the role of harm-to-others in lay perceptions of greed
by Helzer, Erik G. & Rosenzweig, Emily
- 115-130 Gender, power and emotions in the collaborative production of knowledge: A large-scale analysis of Wikipedia editor conversations
by Gallus, Jana & Bhatia, Sudeep
- 131-148 Conversational receptiveness: Improving engagement with opposing views
by Yeomans, Michael & Minson, Julia & Collins, Hanne & Chen, Frances & Gino, Francesca
- 149-167 When eliminating bias isn’t fair: Algorithmic reductionism and procedural justice in human resource decisions
by Newman, David T. & Fast, Nathanael J. & Harmon, Derek J.
2020, Volume 159, Issue C
- 8-20 Cultivating a conflict-positive workplace: How mindfulness facilitates constructive conflict management
by Kay, Adam A. & Skarlicki, Daniel P.
- 21-38 Helping People by Being in the Present: Mindfulness Increases Prosocial Behavior
by Hafenbrack, Andrew C. & Cameron, Lindsey D. & Spreitzer, Gretchen M. & Zhang, Chen & Noval, Laura J. & Shaffakat, Samah
- 39-48 Does being mindful make people more creative at work? The role of creative process engagement and perceived leader humility
by Cheung, Siu Yin & Huang, Emily G. & Chang, Song & Wei, Liqun
- 49-63 Finding calm in the storm: A daily investigation of how trait mindfulness buffers against paranoid cognition and emotional exhaustion following perceived discrimination at work
by Thoroughgood, Christian N. & Sawyer, Katina B. & Webster, Jennica R.
- 64-77 Mind your own break! The interactive effect of workday respite activities and mindfulness on employee outcomes via affective linkages
by Chong, SinHui & Kim, You Jin & Lee, Hun Whee & Johnson, Russell E. & Lin, Szu-Han (Joanna)
- 78-96 Wherever you go, there you become: How mindfulness arises in everyday situations
by Reina, Christopher S. & Kudesia, Ravi S.
2020, Volume 158, Issue C
- 1-10 It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it: Conversational flow as a predictor of networking success
by Truong, Mindy & Fast, Nathanael J. & Kim, Jennifer
- 11-26 Let’s choose one of each: Using the partition dependence effect to increase diversity in organizations
by Feng, Zhiyu & Liu, Yukun & Wang, Zhen & Savani, Krishna
- 27-35 Actionable recommendations for narrowing the science-practice gap in open science
by Aguinis, Herman & Banks, George C. & Rogelberg, Steven G. & Cascio, Wayne F.
- 36-48 The moral psychology of continuation decisions: A recipe for moral disengagement
by Sherman, Gary D.
- 49-65 What if diamonds did not last forever? Signaling status achievement through ephemeral versus iconic luxury goods
by Desmichel, Perrine & Ordabayeva, Nailya & Kocher, Bruno
- 66-79 Simplification and defaults affect adoption and impact of technology, but decision makers do not realize it
by Bergman, Peter & Lasky-Fink, Jessica & Rogers, Todd
- 83-100 To be or not to be your authentic self? Catering to others’ preferences hinders performance
by Gino, Francesca & Sezer, Ovul & Huang, Laura
- 101-111 Juggling work and home selves: Low identity integration feels less authentic and increases unethicality
by Ebrahimi, Mahdi & Kouchaki, Maryam & Patrick, Vanessa M.
- 112-125 Humility breeds authenticity: How authentic leader humility shapes follower vulnerability and felt authenticity
by Oc, Burak & Daniels, Michael A. & Diefendorff, James M. & Bashshur, Michael R. & Greguras, Gary J.
- 126-138 Do status incentives undermine morality-based status attainment? Investigating the mediating role of perceived authenticity
by Bai, Feng & Ho, Grace Ching Chi & Liu, Wu
2020, Volume 157, Issue C
- 1-45 Fostering creativity across countries: The moderating effect of cultural bundles on creativity
by Yong, Kevyn & Mannucci, Pier Vittorio & Lander, Michel W.
- 46-56 Passing the buck to the wealthier: Reference-dependent standards of generosity
by Berman, Jonathan Z. & Bhattacharjee, Amit & Small, Deborah A. & Zauberman, Gal
- 57-67 Hidden failures
by Eskreis-Winkler, Lauren & Fishbach, Ayelet
- 68-84 When negotiators with honest reputations are less (and more) likely to be deceived
by SimanTov-Nachlieli, Ilanit & Har-Vardi, Liron & Moran, Simone
- 85-102 The effect of childhood socioeconomic status on patience
by Thompson, Debora V. & Hamilton, Rebecca W. & Banerji, Ishani
- 103-114 Slow response times undermine trust in algorithmic (but not human) predictions
by Efendić, Emir & Van de Calseyde, Philippe P.F.M. & Evans, Anthony M.
- 115-128 Antecedents of leaders' power sharing: The roles of power instability and distrust
by Feenstra, Sanne & Jordan, Jennifer & Walter, Frank & Stoker, Janka I.
- 129-142 Does everyone have the potential to achieve their ideal body weight? Lay theories about body weight and support for price discrimination policies
by Li, Shaobo (Kevin) & Kokkoris, Michail D. & Savani, Krishna
- 143-158 The “fixed” pie perception and strategy in dyadic versus multiparty negotiations
by Kern, Mary C. & Brett, Jeanne M. & Weingart, Laurie R. & Eck, Chase S.
- 159-176 Culture and social hierarchy: Collectivism as a driver of the relationship between power and status
by To, Christopher & Leslie, Lisa M. & Torelli, Carlos J. & Stoner, Jennifer L.
2020, Volume 156, Issue C
- 1-12 Organizational costs of compensating for mind-body dissonance through conspiracies and superstitions
by Huang, Li & Whitson, Jennifer
- 13-23 Better off and far away: Reactions to others’ outcomes depends on their distance
by Yudkin, Daniel A. & Liberman, Nira & Wakslak, Cheryl & Trope, Yaacov
- 24-37 Shifting focus: The influence of affective diversity on team creativity
by Emich, Kyle J. & Vincent, Lynne C.
- 38-52 The stress-relieving benefits of positively experienced social sexual behavior in the workplace
by Sheppard, Leah D. & O'Reilly, Jane & van Dijke, Marius & Restubog, Simon Lloyd D. & Aquino, Karl
- 53-68 Lead the horse to water, but don’t make him drink: The effects of moral identity symbolization on coworker behavior depend on perceptions of proselytization
by Zhu, Luke (Lei) & Restubog, Simon Lloyd D. & Leavitt, Keith & Zhou, Le & Wang, Mo
- 69-81 Thanks for your ideas: Gratitude and team creativity
by Pillay, Nashita & Park, Guihyun & Kim, Ye Kang & Lee, Sujin
- 82-96 Advice in the presence of external cues: The impact of conflicting judgments on perceptions of expertise
by Palmeira, Mauricio
- 97-112 How lacking control drives fluency effects in evaluative judgment
by Blair, Sean
- 113-134 When leaders ask questions: Can humility premiums buffer the effects of competence penalties?
by Cojuharenco, Irina & Karelaia, Natalia
- 135-154 Fibbing about your feelings: How feigning happiness in the face of personal hardship affects trust
by Levine, Emma E. & Wald, Kristina A.
- 155-175 Getting to less: When negotiating harms post-agreement performance
by Hart, Einav & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 176-189 History backfires: Reminders of past injustices against women undermine support for workplace policies promoting women
by Hideg, Ivona & Wilson, Anne E.
2019, Volume 155, Issue C
- 1-6 The role of paradox theory in decision making and management research
by Waldman, David A. & Putnam, Linda L. & Miron-Spektor, Ella & Siegel, Donald
- 7-19 Creativity under workload pressure and integrative complexity: The double-edged sword of paradoxical leadership
by Shao, Yan & Nijstad, Bernard A. & Täuber, Susanne
- 20-30 A paradox perspective on the interactive effects of visionary and empowering leadership
by Kearney, Eric & Shemla, Meir & van Knippenberg, Daan & Scholz, Florian A.
- 31-41 Toward a theory of meta-paradoxical leadership
by Pearce, Craig L. & Wassenaar, Christina L. & Berson, Yair & Tuval-Mashiach, Rivka
- 42-54 Paradoxical leader behavior in long-term corporate development: Antecedents and consequences
by Zhang, Yan & Han, Yu-Lan
- 55-67 How organizational actors live out paradoxical tensions through power relations: The case of a youth prison
by Wenzel, Matthias & Koch, Jochen & Cornelissen, Joep P. & Rothmann, Wasko & Senf, N. Natalie
- 68-82 Living with paradox through irony
by Gylfe, Philip & Franck, Henrika & Vaara, Eero
- 83-96 Pushing through the tension while stuck in the mud: Paradox mindset and escalation of commitment
by Sleesman, Dustin J.
2019, Volume 154, Issue C
- 1-14 The self-presentational consequences of upholding one’s stance in spite of the evidence
by John, Leslie K. & Jeong, Martha & Gino, Francesca & Huang, Laura
- 15-33 May the best man lose: Guilt inhibits competitive motivation
by Haran, Uriel
- 34-48 “I want to serve but the public does not understand:” Prosocial motivation, image discrepancies, and proactivity in public safety
by Patil, Shefali V. & Lebel, R. David
- 49-61 Freeing or freezing decisions? Belief in free will and indecisiveness
by Kokkoris, Michail D. & Baumeister, Roy F. & Kühnen, Ulrich
- 62-79 Conflict of interest disclosure as a reminder of professional norms: Clients first!
by Sah, Sunita
- 80-95 Supervisory consequences of abusive supervision: An investigation of sense of power, managerial self-efficacy, and task-oriented leadership behavior
by Ju, Dong & Huang, Mingpeng & Liu, Dong & Qin, Xin & Hu, Qiongjing & Chen, Chen
- 96-117 When silver is gold: Forecasting the potential creativity of initial ideas
by Berg, Justin M.
2019, Volume 153, Issue C
- 1-12 “Take it or leave it!” A choice mindset leads to greater persistence and better outcomes in negotiations
by Ma, Anyi & Yang, Yu & Savani, Krishna
- 13-26 Relevance insensitivity: A new look at some old biases
by Hsee, Christopher K. & Yang, Yang & Li, Xilin
- 27-40 The role of moral decoupling in the causes and consequences of unethical pro-organizational behavior
by Fehr, Ryan & Welsh, David & Yam, Kai Chi & Baer, Michael & Wei, Wu & Vaulont, Manuel
- 41-62 The gravitational pull of expressing passion: When and how expressing passion elicits status conferral and support from others
by Jachimowicz, Jon M. & To, Christopher & Agasi, Shira & Côté, Stéphane & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 63-74 Beyond preference reversal: Distinguishing justifiability from evaluability in joint versus single evaluations
by Li, Xilin & Hsee, Christopher K.
- 75-88 Military veterans are morally typecast as agentic but unfeeling: Implications for veteran employment
by Shepherd, Steven & Kay, Aaron C. & Gray, Kurt
- 89-102 Gossip as a resource: How and why power relationships shape gossip behavior
by Martinescu, Elena & Janssen, Onne & Nijstad, Bernard A.
- 103-117 Easy, breezy, risky: Lay investors fail to diversify because correlated assets feel more fluent and less risky
by Cornil, Yann & Hardisty, David J. & Bart, Yakov
2019, Volume 152, Issue C
- 1-10 Leader power, power stability, and interpersonal trust
by Mooijman, Marlon & van Dijk, Wilco W. & van Dijk, Eric & Ellemers, Naomi
- 11-24 The rules of exchange: The role of an exchange surplus in producing the endowment effect
by Ashworth, Laurence & Darke, Peter R. & McShane, Lindsay & Vu, Tiffany
- 25-46 The prosocial side of power: How structural power over subordinates can promote social responsibility
by Tost, Leigh Plunkett & Johnson, Hana Huang
- 47-63 The consequences of humility for leaders: A double-edged sword
by Zapata, Cindy P. & Hayes-Jones, Laura C.
- 64-83 Multiple equivalent simultaneous offers (MESOs) reduce the negotiator dilemma: How a choice of first offers increases economic and relational outcomes
by Leonardelli, Geoffrey J. & Gu, Jun & McRuer, Geordie & Medvec, Victoria Husted & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 84-104 Development of a bipartite measure of social hierarchy: The perceived power and perceived status scales
by Yu, Andrew & Hays, Nicholas A. & Zhao, Emma Y.
- 105-121 Updating impressions: The differential effects of new performance information on evaluations of women and men
by Heilman, Madeline E. & Manzi, Francesca & Caleo, Suzette
- 122-137 Deception as competence: The effect of occupational stereotypes on the perception and proliferation of deception
by Gunia, Brian C. & Levine, Emma E.
- 138-149 Being sensitive to positives has its negatives: An approach/avoidance perspective on reactivity to ostracism
by Lance Ferris, D. & Fatimah, Shereen & Yan, Ming & Liang, Lindie H. & Lian, Huiwen & Brown, Douglas J.
2019, Volume 151, Issue C
- 1-15 Better to overestimate than to underestimate others’ feelings: Asymmetric cost of errors in affective perspective-taking
by Klein, Nadav
- 16-33 Helping one or helping many? A theoretical integration and meta-analytic review of the compassion fade literature
by Butts, Marcus M. & Lunt, Devin C. & Freling, Traci L. & Gabriel, Allison S.
- 34-48 The power of phantom alternatives in negotiation: How what could be haunts what is
by Pinkley, Robin L. & Conlon, Donald E. & Sawyer, John E. & Sleesman, Dustin J. & Vandewalle, Don & Kuenzi, Maribeth
- 49-60 You and I have nothing in common: The role of dissimilarity in interpersonal influence
by Tuk, Mirjam A. & Verlegh, Peeter W.J. & Smidts, Ale & Wigboldus, Daniël H.J.
- 61-72 Stake size effects in ultimatum game and dictator game offers: A meta-analysis
by Larney, Andrea & Rotella, Amanda & Barclay, Pat
- 73-89 The impression management benefits of humorous self-disclosures: How humor influences perceptions of veracity
by Bitterly, T. Bradford & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 90-103 Algorithm appreciation: People prefer algorithmic to human judgment
by Logg, Jennifer M. & Minson, Julia A. & Moore, Don A.
- 104-117 Thin slices of workgroups
by Satterstrom, Patricia & Polzer, Jeffrey T. & Kwan, Lisa B. & Hauser, Oliver P. & Wiruchnipawan, Wannawiruch & Burke, Marina
- 118-131 How incentive framing can harness the power of social norms
by Lieberman, Alicea & Duke, Kristen E. & Amir, On
- 132-149 Choice architects reveal a bias toward positivity and certainty
by Daniels, David P. & Zlatev, Julian J.
- 150-159 Speaking out and speaking up in multicultural settings: A two-study examination of cultural intelligence and voice behavior
by Ng, Kok-Yee & Van Dyne, Linn & Ang, Soon
2019, Volume 150, Issue C
- 1-13 Curiosity made the cat more creative: Specific curiosity as a driver of creativity
by Hagtvedt, Lydia Paine & Dossinger, Karyn & Harrison, Spencer H. & Huang, Li
- 14-27 Reconceptualizing goal setting’s dark side: The ethical consequences of learning versus outcome goals
by Welsh, David & Bush, John & Thiel, Chase & Bonner, Julena
- 28-45 Losing your temper and your perspective: Anger reduces perspective-taking
by Yip, Jeremy A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 46-61 Nostalgia promotes intrinsic motivation and effort in the presence of low interactional justice
by van Dijke, Marius & Leunissen, Joost M. & Wildschut, Tim & Sedikides, Constantine
- 62-82 Better calibration when predicting from experience (rather than description)
by Camilleri, Adrian R. & Newell, Ben R.
- 83-100 Seeker beware: The interpersonal costs of ignoring advice
by Blunden, Hayley & Logg, Jennifer M. & Brooks, Alison Wood & John, Leslie K. & Gino, Francesca
- 101-111 When numbers make you feel: Impact of round versus precise numbers on preventive health behaviors
by Wadhwa, Monica & Zhang, Kuangjie
2018, Volume 149, Issue C
- 1-16 Innovate or die: How should knowledge-worker teams respond to technological turbulence?
by Chen, Tingting & Li, Fuli & Chen, Xiao-Ping & Ou, Zhanying
- 17-34 Attainment versus maintenance goals: Perceived difficulty and impact on goal choice
by Stamatogiannakis, Antonios & Chattopadhyay, Amitava & Chakravarti, Dipankar
- 35-46 The impact of a limited time perspective on information distortion
by Chaxel, Anne-Sophie & Wiggins, Catherine & Xie, Jieru
- 47-58 Cogs in the machine: The prioritization of money and self-dehumanization
by Ruttan, Rachel L. & Lucas, Brian J.
- 59-72 From spontaneous cooperation to spontaneous punishment – Distinguishing the underlying motives driving spontaneous behavior in first and second order public good games
by Mischkowski, Dorothee & Glöckner, Andreas & Lewisch, Peter
- 73-96 Low power individuals in social power research: A quantitative review, theoretical framework, and empirical test
by Schaerer, Michael & du Plessis, Christilene & Yap, Andy J. & Thau, Stefan
- 97-110 The impact of doubt on the experience of regret
by van de Calseyde, Philippe P.F.M. & Zeelenberg, Marcel & Evers, Ellen R.K.
- 111-128 Building trust by tearing others down: When accusing others of unethical behavior engenders trust
by Kennedy, Jessica A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 129-144 Connectionism in action: Exploring the links between leader prototypes, leader gender, and perceptions of authentic leadership
by Braun, Susanne & Peus, Claudia & Frey, Dieter
- 145-164 “If hierarchical, then corrupt”: Exploring people’s tendency to associate hierarchy with corruption in organizations
by Fath, Sean & Kay, Aaron C.
- 165-178 The (bounded) benefits of correction: The unanticipated interpersonal advantages of making and correcting mistakes
by Kupor, Daniella & Reich, Taly & Laurin, Kristin
2018, Volume 148, Issue C
- 1-11 Underestimating the importance of expressing intrinsic motivation in job interviews
by Woolley, Kaitlin & Fishbach, Ayelet
- 12-29 A double-edged sword: How and why resetting performance metrics affects motivation and performance
by Dai, Hengchen
- 30-53 CEO gender differences in careers and the moderating role of country culture: A meta-analytic investigation
by Wang, Gang & Holmes, R. Michael & Devine, Richard A. & Bishoff, John
- 54-69 The embedding forces of network commitment: An examination of the psychological processes linking advice centrality and susceptibility to social influence
by Bruning, Patrick F. & Alge, Bradley J. & Lin, Hsin-Chen
- 70-86 “I was going to offer $10,000 but…”: The effects of phantom anchors in negotiation
by Bhatia, Nazlı & Gunia, Brian C.
- 87-100 Too precise to pursue: How precise first offers create barriers-to-entry in negotiations and markets
by Lee, Alice J. & Loschelder, David D. & Schweinsberg, Martin & Mason, Malia F. & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 101-123 When and why randomized response techniques (fail to) elicit the truth
by John, Leslie K. & Loewenstein, George & Acquisti, Alessandro & Vosgerau, Joachim
- 124-144 A bi-factor theory of the four-factor model of cultural intelligence: Meta-analysis and theoretical extensions
by Rockstuhl, Thomas & Van Dyne, Linn
- 145-158 Motivated dissimilarity construal and self-serving behavior: How we distance ourselves from those we harm
by Noval, Laura J. & Molinsky, Andrew & Stahl, Günter K.
- 159-177 Bringing “The Beholder” center stage: On the propensity to perceive overall fairness
by Colquitt, Jason A. & Zipay, Kate P. & Lynch, John W. & Outlaw, Ryan
2018, Volume 147, Issue C
- 1-15 Mindfulness Meditation Impairs Task Motivation but Not Performance
by Hafenbrack, Andrew C. & Vohs, Kathleen D.
- 16-25 From “me” to “we”: The role of construal level in promoting maximized joint outcomes
by Stillman, Paul E. & Fujita, Kentaro & Sheldon, Oliver & Trope, Yaacov
- 26-47 A ratings pattern heuristic in judgments of expertise: When being right Looks wrong
by Spassova, Gerri & Palmeira, Mauricio & Andrade, Eduardo B.
- 48-64 No self to spare: How the cognitive structure of the self influences moral behavior
by Touré-Tillery, Maferima & Light, Alysson E.
- 65-75 Choosing for others and its relation to information search
by Liu, Yi & Polman, Evan & Liu, Yongfang & Jiao, Jiangli
- 76-93 Eliciting the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth: The effect of question phrasing on deception
by Minson, Julia A. & VanEpps, Eric M. & Yip, Jeremy A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 94-107 The role of “Prominent Numbers” in open numerical judgment: Strained decision makers choose from a limited set of accessible numbers
by Converse, Benjamin A. & Dennis, Patrick J.
- 108-126 Sacrificing status for social harmony: Concealing relatively high status identities from one’s peers
by Arnett, Rachel D. & Sidanius, Jim
- 127-146 Conflict of interest disclosure as an expertise cue: Differential effects due to automatic versus deliberative processing
by Sah, Sunita & Malaviya, Prashant & Thompson, Debora
- 147-157 “I won't let you down:” Personal ethical lapses arising from women’s advocating for others
by Kouchaki, Maryam & Kray, Laura J.
2018, Volume 146, Issue C
- 1-13 Social support at work and at home: Dual-buffering effects in the work-family conflict process
by Pluut, Helen & Ilies, Remus & Curşeu, Petru L. & Liu, Yukun
- 14-30 How perceived power influences the consequences of dominance expressions in negotiations
by Wiltermuth, Scott S. & Raj, Medha & Wood, Adam
- 31-50 Paternalistic lies
by Lupoli, Matthew J. & Levine, Emma E. & Greenberg, Adam Eric
- 51-61 A formal model of goal revision in approach and avoidance contexts
by Gee, Phillip & Neal, Andrew & Vancouver, Jeffrey B.
- 62-75 Effects of group-discussion integrative complexity on intergroup relations in a social dilemma
by Park, Guihyun & DeShon, Richard P.
- 76-84 Leader consultation mitigates the harmful effects of leader narcissism: A belongingness perspective
by Carnevale, Joel B. & Huang, Lei & Harms, Peter D.
2018, Volume 145, Issue C
2018, Volume 144, Issue C
- 1-10 Small economic losses lower total compensation for victims of emotional losses
by Zhang, Shirley & Hsee, Christopher K. & Yu, Xueer
- 11-24 The macroeconomic environment and the psychology of work evaluation
by Sirola, Nina & Pitesa, Marko
- 25-43 When sharing hurts: How and why self-disclosing weakness undermines the task-oriented relationships of higher status disclosers
by Gibson, Kerry Roberts & Harari, Dana & Marr, Jennifer Carson
- 44-59 When corporate social responsibility motivates employee citizenship behavior: The sensitizing role of task significance
by Ong, Madeline & Mayer, David M. & Tost, Leigh P. & Wellman, Ned
- 60-73 When social identity threat leads to the selection of identity-reinforcing options: The role of public self-awareness
by White, Katherine & Stackhouse, Madelynn & Argo, Jennifer J.
- 74-84 Fate as a motivated (and de-motivating) belief: Evidence for a link from task importance to belief in fate to effort
by Tang, Simone & King, Meredith & Kay, Aaron C.
- 85-96 Who cares if “service with a smile” is authentic? An expectancy-based model of customer race and differential service reactions
by Houston, Lawrence & Grandey, Alicia A. & Sawyer, Katina
- 97-111 The interpersonal effects of emotion intensity in customer service: Perceived appropriateness and authenticity of attendants' emotional displays shape customer trust and satisfaction
by Cheshin, Arik & Amit, Adi & van Kleef, Gerben A.
- 112-124 What are my chances? An imagery versus discursive processing approach to understanding ratio-bias effects
by Schlosser, Ann E.
- 125-144 Trash-talking: Competitive incivility motivates rivalry, performance, and unethical behavior
by Yip, Jeremy A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E. & Nurmohamed, Samir
- 145-170 Does team communication represent a one-size-fits-all approach?: A meta-analysis of team communication and performance
by Marlow, Shannon L. & Lacerenza, Christina N. & Paoletti, Jensine & Burke, C. Shawn & Salas, Eduardo
- 171-186 The illusion of transparency in performance appraisals: When and why accuracy motivation explains unintentional feedback inflation
by Schaerer, Michael & Kern, Mary & Berger, Gail & Medvec, Victoria & Swaab, Roderick I.
- 187-199 Does gender diversity help teams constructively manage status conflict? An evolutionary perspective of status conflict, team psychological safety, and team creativity
by Lee, Hun Whee & Choi, Jin Nam & Kim, Seongsu
2017, Volume 143, Issue C
- 1-7 Seeing and studying China: Leveraging phenomenon-based research in China for theory advancement
by Chen, Chao C. & Friedman, Ray & McAllister, Daniel J.
- 8-22 Values of Chinese generation cohorts: Do they matter in the workplace?
by Tang, Ningyu & Wang, Yumei & Zhang, Kaili
- 23-38 Hesitant to label, yet quick to judge: How cultural mindsets affect the accessibility of stereotypic knowledge when concepts of the elderly are primed
by Saluja, Geetanjali & Adaval, Rashmi & Wyer, Robert S.
- 39-53 Too attached to speak up? It depends: How supervisor–subordinate guanxi and perceived job control influence upward constructive voice
by Davidson, Tina & Van Dyne, Linn & Lin, Bilian
- 54-68 Configuring challenge and hindrance contexts for introversion and creativity: Joint effects of task complexity and guanxi management
by Zhang, Xiaomeng & Zhou, Jing & Kwan, Ho Kwong
- 69-84 Beyond personal control: When and how executives’ beliefs in negotiable fate foster entrepreneurial orientation and firm performance
by Au, Evelyn W.M. & Qin, Xin & Zhang, Zhi-Xue
- 85-97 Understanding the trust deficit in China: Mapping positive experience and trust in strangers
by Yao, Jingjing & Zhang, Zhi-Xue & Brett, Jeanne & Murnighan, J. Keith
- 98-110 Polluted work: A self-control perspective on air pollution appraisals, organizational citizenship, and counterproductive work behavior
by Fehr, Ryan & Yam, Kai Chi & He, Wei & Chiang, Jack Ting-Ju & Wei, Wu