Undated material is presented at the end, although it may be more recent than other items
2020, Volume 156, Issue C
- 1-12 Organizational costs of compensating for mind-body dissonance through conspiracies and superstitions
by Huang, Li & Whitson, Jennifer
- 13-23 Better off and far away: Reactions to others’ outcomes depends on their distance
by Yudkin, Daniel A. & Liberman, Nira & Wakslak, Cheryl & Trope, Yaacov
- 24-37 Shifting focus: The influence of affective diversity on team creativity
by Emich, Kyle J. & Vincent, Lynne C.
- 38-52 The stress-relieving benefits of positively experienced social sexual behavior in the workplace
by Sheppard, Leah D. & O'Reilly, Jane & van Dijke, Marius & Restubog, Simon Lloyd D. & Aquino, Karl
- 53-68 Lead the horse to water, but don’t make him drink: The effects of moral identity symbolization on coworker behavior depend on perceptions of proselytization
by Zhu, Luke (Lei) & Restubog, Simon Lloyd D. & Leavitt, Keith & Zhou, Le & Wang, Mo
- 69-81 Thanks for your ideas: Gratitude and team creativity
by Pillay, Nashita & Park, Guihyun & Kim, Ye Kang & Lee, Sujin
- 82-96 Advice in the presence of external cues: The impact of conflicting judgments on perceptions of expertise
by Palmeira, Mauricio
- 97-112 How lacking control drives fluency effects in evaluative judgment
by Blair, Sean
- 113-134 When leaders ask questions: Can humility premiums buffer the effects of competence penalties?
by Cojuharenco, Irina & Karelaia, Natalia
- 135-154 Fibbing about your feelings: How feigning happiness in the face of personal hardship affects trust
by Levine, Emma E. & Wald, Kristina A.
- 155-175 Getting to less: When negotiating harms post-agreement performance
by Hart, Einav & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 176-189 History backfires: Reminders of past injustices against women undermine support for workplace policies promoting women
by Hideg, Ivona & Wilson, Anne E.
2019, Volume 155, Issue C
- 1-6 The role of paradox theory in decision making and management research
by Waldman, David A. & Putnam, Linda L. & Miron-Spektor, Ella & Siegel, Donald
- 7-19 Creativity under workload pressure and integrative complexity: The double-edged sword of paradoxical leadership
by Shao, Yan & Nijstad, Bernard A. & Täuber, Susanne
- 20-30 A paradox perspective on the interactive effects of visionary and empowering leadership
by Kearney, Eric & Shemla, Meir & van Knippenberg, Daan & Scholz, Florian A.
- 31-41 Toward a theory of meta-paradoxical leadership
by Pearce, Craig L. & Wassenaar, Christina L. & Berson, Yair & Tuval-Mashiach, Rivka
- 42-54 Paradoxical leader behavior in long-term corporate development: Antecedents and consequences
by Zhang, Yan & Han, Yu-Lan
- 55-67 How organizational actors live out paradoxical tensions through power relations: The case of a youth prison
by Wenzel, Matthias & Koch, Jochen & Cornelissen, Joep P. & Rothmann, Wasko & Senf, N. Natalie
- 68-82 Living with paradox through irony
by Gylfe, Philip & Franck, Henrika & Vaara, Eero
- 83-96 Pushing through the tension while stuck in the mud: Paradox mindset and escalation of commitment
by Sleesman, Dustin J.
2019, Volume 154, Issue C
- 1-14 The self-presentational consequences of upholding one’s stance in spite of the evidence
by John, Leslie K. & Jeong, Martha & Gino, Francesca & Huang, Laura
- 15-33 May the best man lose: Guilt inhibits competitive motivation
by Haran, Uriel
- 34-48 “I want to serve but the public does not understand:” Prosocial motivation, image discrepancies, and proactivity in public safety
by Patil, Shefali V. & Lebel, R. David
- 49-61 Freeing or freezing decisions? Belief in free will and indecisiveness
by Kokkoris, Michail D. & Baumeister, Roy F. & Kühnen, Ulrich
- 62-79 Conflict of interest disclosure as a reminder of professional norms: Clients first!
by Sah, Sunita
- 80-95 Supervisory consequences of abusive supervision: An investigation of sense of power, managerial self-efficacy, and task-oriented leadership behavior
by Ju, Dong & Huang, Mingpeng & Liu, Dong & Qin, Xin & Hu, Qiongjing & Chen, Chen
- 96-117 When silver is gold: Forecasting the potential creativity of initial ideas
by Berg, Justin M.
2019, Volume 153, Issue C
- 1-12 “Take it or leave it!” A choice mindset leads to greater persistence and better outcomes in negotiations
by Ma, Anyi & Yang, Yu & Savani, Krishna
- 13-26 Relevance insensitivity: A new look at some old biases
by Hsee, Christopher K. & Yang, Yang & Li, Xilin
- 27-40 The role of moral decoupling in the causes and consequences of unethical pro-organizational behavior
by Fehr, Ryan & Welsh, David & Yam, Kai Chi & Baer, Michael & Wei, Wu & Vaulont, Manuel
- 41-62 The gravitational pull of expressing passion: When and how expressing passion elicits status conferral and support from others
by Jachimowicz, Jon M. & To, Christopher & Agasi, Shira & Côté, Stéphane & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 63-74 Beyond preference reversal: Distinguishing justifiability from evaluability in joint versus single evaluations
by Li, Xilin & Hsee, Christopher K.
- 75-88 Military veterans are morally typecast as agentic but unfeeling: Implications for veteran employment
by Shepherd, Steven & Kay, Aaron C. & Gray, Kurt
- 89-102 Gossip as a resource: How and why power relationships shape gossip behavior
by Martinescu, Elena & Janssen, Onne & Nijstad, Bernard A.
- 103-117 Easy, breezy, risky: Lay investors fail to diversify because correlated assets feel more fluent and less risky
by Cornil, Yann & Hardisty, David J. & Bart, Yakov
2019, Volume 152, Issue C
- 1-10 Leader power, power stability, and interpersonal trust
by Mooijman, Marlon & van Dijk, Wilco W. & van Dijk, Eric & Ellemers, Naomi
- 11-24 The rules of exchange: The role of an exchange surplus in producing the endowment effect
by Ashworth, Laurence & Darke, Peter R. & McShane, Lindsay & Vu, Tiffany
- 25-46 The prosocial side of power: How structural power over subordinates can promote social responsibility
by Tost, Leigh Plunkett & Johnson, Hana Huang
- 47-63 The consequences of humility for leaders: A double-edged sword
by Zapata, Cindy P. & Hayes-Jones, Laura C.
- 64-83 Multiple equivalent simultaneous offers (MESOs) reduce the negotiator dilemma: How a choice of first offers increases economic and relational outcomes
by Leonardelli, Geoffrey J. & Gu, Jun & McRuer, Geordie & Medvec, Victoria Husted & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 84-104 Development of a bipartite measure of social hierarchy: The perceived power and perceived status scales
by Yu, Andrew & Hays, Nicholas A. & Zhao, Emma Y.
- 105-121 Updating impressions: The differential effects of new performance information on evaluations of women and men
by Heilman, Madeline E. & Manzi, Francesca & Caleo, Suzette
- 122-137 Deception as competence: The effect of occupational stereotypes on the perception and proliferation of deception
by Gunia, Brian C. & Levine, Emma E.
- 138-149 Being sensitive to positives has its negatives: An approach/avoidance perspective on reactivity to ostracism
by Lance Ferris, D. & Fatimah, Shereen & Yan, Ming & Liang, Lindie H. & Lian, Huiwen & Brown, Douglas J.
2019, Volume 151, Issue C
- 1-15 Better to overestimate than to underestimate others’ feelings: Asymmetric cost of errors in affective perspective-taking
by Klein, Nadav
- 16-33 Helping one or helping many? A theoretical integration and meta-analytic review of the compassion fade literature
by Butts, Marcus M. & Lunt, Devin C. & Freling, Traci L. & Gabriel, Allison S.
- 34-48 The power of phantom alternatives in negotiation: How what could be haunts what is
by Pinkley, Robin L. & Conlon, Donald E. & Sawyer, John E. & Sleesman, Dustin J. & Vandewalle, Don & Kuenzi, Maribeth
- 49-60 You and I have nothing in common: The role of dissimilarity in interpersonal influence
by Tuk, Mirjam A. & Verlegh, Peeter W.J. & Smidts, Ale & Wigboldus, Daniël H.J.
- 61-72 Stake size effects in ultimatum game and dictator game offers: A meta-analysis
by Larney, Andrea & Rotella, Amanda & Barclay, Pat
- 73-89 The impression management benefits of humorous self-disclosures: How humor influences perceptions of veracity
by Bitterly, T. Bradford & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 90-103 Algorithm appreciation: People prefer algorithmic to human judgment
by Logg, Jennifer M. & Minson, Julia A. & Moore, Don A.
- 104-117 Thin slices of workgroups
by Satterstrom, Patricia & Polzer, Jeffrey T. & Kwan, Lisa B. & Hauser, Oliver P. & Wiruchnipawan, Wannawiruch & Burke, Marina
- 118-131 How incentive framing can harness the power of social norms
by Lieberman, Alicea & Duke, Kristen E. & Amir, On
- 132-149 Choice architects reveal a bias toward positivity and certainty
by Daniels, David P. & Zlatev, Julian J.
- 150-159 Speaking out and speaking up in multicultural settings: A two-study examination of cultural intelligence and voice behavior
by Ng, Kok-Yee & Van Dyne, Linn & Ang, Soon
2019, Volume 150, Issue C
- 1-13 Curiosity made the cat more creative: Specific curiosity as a driver of creativity
by Hagtvedt, Lydia Paine & Dossinger, Karyn & Harrison, Spencer H. & Huang, Li
- 14-27 Reconceptualizing goal setting’s dark side: The ethical consequences of learning versus outcome goals
by Welsh, David & Bush, John & Thiel, Chase & Bonner, Julena
- 28-45 Losing your temper and your perspective: Anger reduces perspective-taking
by Yip, Jeremy A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 46-61 Nostalgia promotes intrinsic motivation and effort in the presence of low interactional justice
by van Dijke, Marius & Leunissen, Joost M. & Wildschut, Tim & Sedikides, Constantine
- 62-82 Better calibration when predicting from experience (rather than description)
by Camilleri, Adrian R. & Newell, Ben R.
- 83-100 Seeker beware: The interpersonal costs of ignoring advice
by Blunden, Hayley & Logg, Jennifer M. & Brooks, Alison Wood & John, Leslie K. & Gino, Francesca
- 101-111 When numbers make you feel: Impact of round versus precise numbers on preventive health behaviors
by Wadhwa, Monica & Zhang, Kuangjie
2018, Volume 149, Issue C
- 1-16 Innovate or die: How should knowledge-worker teams respond to technological turbulence?
by Chen, Tingting & Li, Fuli & Chen, Xiao-Ping & Ou, Zhanying
- 17-34 Attainment versus maintenance goals: Perceived difficulty and impact on goal choice
by Stamatogiannakis, Antonios & Chattopadhyay, Amitava & Chakravarti, Dipankar
- 35-46 The impact of a limited time perspective on information distortion
by Chaxel, Anne-Sophie & Wiggins, Catherine & Xie, Jieru
- 47-58 Cogs in the machine: The prioritization of money and self-dehumanization
by Ruttan, Rachel L. & Lucas, Brian J.
- 59-72 From spontaneous cooperation to spontaneous punishment – Distinguishing the underlying motives driving spontaneous behavior in first and second order public good games
by Mischkowski, Dorothee & Glöckner, Andreas & Lewisch, Peter
- 73-96 Low power individuals in social power research: A quantitative review, theoretical framework, and empirical test
by Schaerer, Michael & du Plessis, Christilene & Yap, Andy J. & Thau, Stefan
- 97-110 The impact of doubt on the experience of regret
by van de Calseyde, Philippe P.F.M. & Zeelenberg, Marcel & Evers, Ellen R.K.
- 111-128 Building trust by tearing others down: When accusing others of unethical behavior engenders trust
by Kennedy, Jessica A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 129-144 Connectionism in action: Exploring the links between leader prototypes, leader gender, and perceptions of authentic leadership
by Braun, Susanne & Peus, Claudia & Frey, Dieter
- 145-164 “If hierarchical, then corrupt”: Exploring people’s tendency to associate hierarchy with corruption in organizations
by Fath, Sean & Kay, Aaron C.
- 165-178 The (bounded) benefits of correction: The unanticipated interpersonal advantages of making and correcting mistakes
by Kupor, Daniella & Reich, Taly & Laurin, Kristin
2018, Volume 148, Issue C
- 1-11 Underestimating the importance of expressing intrinsic motivation in job interviews
by Woolley, Kaitlin & Fishbach, Ayelet
- 12-29 A double-edged sword: How and why resetting performance metrics affects motivation and performance
by Dai, Hengchen
- 30-53 CEO gender differences in careers and the moderating role of country culture: A meta-analytic investigation
by Wang, Gang & Holmes, R. Michael & Devine, Richard A. & Bishoff, John
- 54-69 The embedding forces of network commitment: An examination of the psychological processes linking advice centrality and susceptibility to social influence
by Bruning, Patrick F. & Alge, Bradley J. & Lin, Hsin-Chen
- 70-86 “I was going to offer $10,000 but…”: The effects of phantom anchors in negotiation
by Bhatia, Nazlı & Gunia, Brian C.
- 87-100 Too precise to pursue: How precise first offers create barriers-to-entry in negotiations and markets
by Lee, Alice J. & Loschelder, David D. & Schweinsberg, Martin & Mason, Malia F. & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 101-123 When and why randomized response techniques (fail to) elicit the truth
by John, Leslie K. & Loewenstein, George & Acquisti, Alessandro & Vosgerau, Joachim
- 124-144 A bi-factor theory of the four-factor model of cultural intelligence: Meta-analysis and theoretical extensions
by Rockstuhl, Thomas & Van Dyne, Linn
- 145-158 Motivated dissimilarity construal and self-serving behavior: How we distance ourselves from those we harm
by Noval, Laura J. & Molinsky, Andrew & Stahl, Günter K.
- 159-177 Bringing “The Beholder” center stage: On the propensity to perceive overall fairness
by Colquitt, Jason A. & Zipay, Kate P. & Lynch, John W. & Outlaw, Ryan
2018, Volume 147, Issue C
- 1-15 Mindfulness Meditation Impairs Task Motivation but Not Performance
by Hafenbrack, Andrew C. & Vohs, Kathleen D.
- 16-25 From “me” to “we”: The role of construal level in promoting maximized joint outcomes
by Stillman, Paul E. & Fujita, Kentaro & Sheldon, Oliver & Trope, Yaacov
- 26-47 A ratings pattern heuristic in judgments of expertise: When being right Looks wrong
by Spassova, Gerri & Palmeira, Mauricio & Andrade, Eduardo B.
- 48-64 No self to spare: How the cognitive structure of the self influences moral behavior
by Touré-Tillery, Maferima & Light, Alysson E.
- 65-75 Choosing for others and its relation to information search
by Liu, Yi & Polman, Evan & Liu, Yongfang & Jiao, Jiangli
- 76-93 Eliciting the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth: The effect of question phrasing on deception
by Minson, Julia A. & VanEpps, Eric M. & Yip, Jeremy A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 94-107 The role of “Prominent Numbers” in open numerical judgment: Strained decision makers choose from a limited set of accessible numbers
by Converse, Benjamin A. & Dennis, Patrick J.
- 108-126 Sacrificing status for social harmony: Concealing relatively high status identities from one’s peers
by Arnett, Rachel D. & Sidanius, Jim
- 127-146 Conflict of interest disclosure as an expertise cue: Differential effects due to automatic versus deliberative processing
by Sah, Sunita & Malaviya, Prashant & Thompson, Debora
- 147-157 “I won't let you down:” Personal ethical lapses arising from women’s advocating for others
by Kouchaki, Maryam & Kray, Laura J.
2018, Volume 146, Issue C
- 1-13 Social support at work and at home: Dual-buffering effects in the work-family conflict process
by Pluut, Helen & Ilies, Remus & Curşeu, Petru L. & Liu, Yukun
- 14-30 How perceived power influences the consequences of dominance expressions in negotiations
by Wiltermuth, Scott S. & Raj, Medha & Wood, Adam
- 31-50 Paternalistic lies
by Lupoli, Matthew J. & Levine, Emma E. & Greenberg, Adam Eric
- 51-61 A formal model of goal revision in approach and avoidance contexts
by Gee, Phillip & Neal, Andrew & Vancouver, Jeffrey B.
- 62-75 Effects of group-discussion integrative complexity on intergroup relations in a social dilemma
by Park, Guihyun & DeShon, Richard P.
- 76-84 Leader consultation mitigates the harmful effects of leader narcissism: A belongingness perspective
by Carnevale, Joel B. & Huang, Lei & Harms, Peter D.
2018, Volume 145, Issue C
- 1-15 How temporal and social comparisons in performance evaluation affect fairness perceptions
by Chun, Jinseok S. & Brockner, Joel & De Cremer, David
- 16-29 The shortest path to oneself leads around the world: Living abroad increases self-concept clarity
by Adam, Hajo & Obodaru, Otilia & Lu, Jackson G. & Maddux, William W. & Galinsky, Adam D.
2018, Volume 144, Issue C
- 1-10 Small economic losses lower total compensation for victims of emotional losses
by Zhang, Shirley & Hsee, Christopher K. & Yu, Xueer
- 11-24 The macroeconomic environment and the psychology of work evaluation
by Sirola, Nina & Pitesa, Marko
- 25-43 When sharing hurts: How and why self-disclosing weakness undermines the task-oriented relationships of higher status disclosers
by Gibson, Kerry Roberts & Harari, Dana & Marr, Jennifer Carson
- 44-59 When corporate social responsibility motivates employee citizenship behavior: The sensitizing role of task significance
by Ong, Madeline & Mayer, David M. & Tost, Leigh P. & Wellman, Ned
- 60-73 When social identity threat leads to the selection of identity-reinforcing options: The role of public self-awareness
by White, Katherine & Stackhouse, Madelynn & Argo, Jennifer J.
- 74-84 Fate as a motivated (and de-motivating) belief: Evidence for a link from task importance to belief in fate to effort
by Tang, Simone & King, Meredith & Kay, Aaron C.
- 85-96 Who cares if “service with a smile” is authentic? An expectancy-based model of customer race and differential service reactions
by Houston, Lawrence & Grandey, Alicia A. & Sawyer, Katina
- 97-111 The interpersonal effects of emotion intensity in customer service: Perceived appropriateness and authenticity of attendants' emotional displays shape customer trust and satisfaction
by Cheshin, Arik & Amit, Adi & van Kleef, Gerben A.
- 112-124 What are my chances? An imagery versus discursive processing approach to understanding ratio-bias effects
by Schlosser, Ann E.
- 125-144 Trash-talking: Competitive incivility motivates rivalry, performance, and unethical behavior
by Yip, Jeremy A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E. & Nurmohamed, Samir
- 145-170 Does team communication represent a one-size-fits-all approach?: A meta-analysis of team communication and performance
by Marlow, Shannon L. & Lacerenza, Christina N. & Paoletti, Jensine & Burke, C. Shawn & Salas, Eduardo
- 171-186 The illusion of transparency in performance appraisals: When and why accuracy motivation explains unintentional feedback inflation
by Schaerer, Michael & Kern, Mary & Berger, Gail & Medvec, Victoria & Swaab, Roderick I.
- 187-199 Does gender diversity help teams constructively manage status conflict? An evolutionary perspective of status conflict, team psychological safety, and team creativity
by Lee, Hun Whee & Choi, Jin Nam & Kim, Seongsu
2017, Volume 143, Issue C
- 1-7 Seeing and studying China: Leveraging phenomenon-based research in China for theory advancement
by Chen, Chao C. & Friedman, Ray & McAllister, Daniel J.
- 8-22 Values of Chinese generation cohorts: Do they matter in the workplace?
by Tang, Ningyu & Wang, Yumei & Zhang, Kaili
- 23-38 Hesitant to label, yet quick to judge: How cultural mindsets affect the accessibility of stereotypic knowledge when concepts of the elderly are primed
by Saluja, Geetanjali & Adaval, Rashmi & Wyer, Robert S.
- 39-53 Too attached to speak up? It depends: How supervisor–subordinate guanxi and perceived job control influence upward constructive voice
by Davidson, Tina & Van Dyne, Linn & Lin, Bilian
- 54-68 Configuring challenge and hindrance contexts for introversion and creativity: Joint effects of task complexity and guanxi management
by Zhang, Xiaomeng & Zhou, Jing & Kwan, Ho Kwong
- 69-84 Beyond personal control: When and how executives’ beliefs in negotiable fate foster entrepreneurial orientation and firm performance
by Au, Evelyn W.M. & Qin, Xin & Zhang, Zhi-Xue
- 85-97 Understanding the trust deficit in China: Mapping positive experience and trust in strangers
by Yao, Jingjing & Zhang, Zhi-Xue & Brett, Jeanne & Murnighan, J. Keith
- 98-110 Polluted work: A self-control perspective on air pollution appraisals, organizational citizenship, and counterproductive work behavior
by Fehr, Ryan & Yam, Kai Chi & He, Wei & Chiang, Jack Ting-Ju & Wei, Wu
- 111-128 Is individual bribery or organizational bribery more intolerable in China (versus in the United States)? Advancing theory on the perception of corrupt acts
by Liu, Zhi & Liu, Xiao-xiao & Hong, Ying-yi & Brockner, Joel & Tam, Kim-pong & Li, Yan-mei
2017, Volume 142, Issue C
- 1-11 Fair pay dispersion: A regulatory focus theory view
by Park, Tae-Youn & Kim, Seongsu & Sung, Li-Kuo
- 12-27 It’s about time: Divergent evaluations of restrictive policies in the near and distant future
by Nakashima, Nathaniel A. & Daniels, David P. & Laurin, Kristin
- 28-44 What “blindness” to gender differences helps women see and do: Implications for confidence, agency, and action in male-dominated environments
by Martin, Ashley E. & Phillips, Katherine W.
- 45-57 Witnessing wrongdoing: The effects of observer power on incivility intervention in the workplace
by Hershcovis, M. Sandy & Neville, Lukas & Reich, Tara C. & Christie, Amy M. & Cortina, Lilia M. & Shan, J. Valerie
- 58-70 Team conflict dynamics: Implications of a dyadic view of conflict for team performance
by Humphrey, Stephen E. & Aime, Federico & Cushenbery, Lily & Hill, Aaron D. & Fairchild, Joshua
2017, Volume 141, Issue C
- 1-15 Step by step: Sub-goals as a source of motivation
by Huang, Szu-chi & Jin, Liyin & Zhang, Ying
- 16-28 “I can’t pay more” versus “It’s not worth more”: Divergent effects of constraint and disparagement rationales in negotiations
by Lee, Alice J. & Ames, Daniel R.
- 29-42 Fast-and-frugal trees as noncompensatory models of performance-based personnel decisions
by Luan, Shenghua & Reb, Jochen
- 43-56 Using pre-test explanations to improve test-taker reactions: Testing a set of “wise” interventions
by McCarthy, Julie M. & Bauer, Talya N. & Truxillo, Donald M. & Campion, Michael C. & Van Iddekinge, Chad H. & Campion, Michael A.
- 57-73 Lack of sleep and the development of leader-follower relationships over time
by Guarana, Cristiano L. & Barnes, Christopher M.
- 74-81 Groups outperform individuals in tacit coordination by using consensual and disjunctive salience
by Chartier, Christopher R. & Abele, Susanne
- 82-93 Motivating underdogs and favorites
by Lount, Robert B. & Pettit, Nathan C. & Doyle, Sarah P.
2017, Volume 140, Issue C
- 1-13 Disloyalty aversion: Greater reluctance to bet against close others than the self
by Tang, Simone & Morewedge, Carey M. & Larrick, Richard P. & Klein, Jill G.
- 14-28 Is adhering to justice rules enough? The role of charismatic qualities in perceptions of supervisors’ overall fairness
by Rodell, Jessica B. & Colquitt, Jason A. & Baer, Michael D.
- 29-45 Regulatory focus trickle-down: How leader regulatory focus and behavior shape follower regulatory focus
by Johnson, Russell E. & King, Danielle D. & (Joanna) Lin, Szu-Han & Scott, Brent A. & Jackson Walker, Erin M. & Wang, Mo
- 46-61 Compensatory control and ambiguity intolerance
by Ma, Anyi & Kay, Aaron C.
- 62-89 Team adaptation in context: An integrated conceptual model and meta-analytic review
by Christian, Jessica Siegel & Christian, Michael S. & Pearsall, Matthew J. & Long, Erin C.
2017, Volume 139, Issue C
- 1-17 Effects of inter-group status on the pursuit of intra-group status
by Chang, Jin Wook & Chow, Rosalind M. & Woolley, Anita W.
- 18-29 A helping hand is hard at work: Help-seekers’ underestimation of helpers’ effort
by Newark, Daniel A. & Bohns, Vanessa K. & Flynn, Francis J.
- 30-49 Hierarchical rank and principled dissent: How holding higher rank suppresses objection to unethical practices
by Kennedy, Jessica A. & Anderson, Cameron
- 50-62 How beliefs about the self influence perceptions of negative feedback and subsequent effort and learning
by Zingoni, Matt & Byron, Kris
- 63-75 “Switching On” creativity: Task switching can increase creativity by reducing cognitive fixation
by Lu, Jackson G. & Akinola, Modupe & Mason, Malia F.
- 76-91 Choosing one at a time? Presenting options simultaneously helps people make more optimal decisions than presenting options sequentially
by Basu, Shankha & Savani, Krishna
- 92-105 Spillover bias in diversity judgment
by Daniels, David P. & Neale, Margaret A. & Greer, Lindred L.
- 106-126 Creativity in unethical behavior attenuates condemnation and breeds social contagion when transgressions seem to create little harm
by Wiltermuth, Scott S. & Vincent, Lynne C. & Gino, Francesca
2017, Volume 138, Issue C
- 1-14 The dynamic effects of subconscious goal pursuit on resource allocation, task performance, and goal abandonment
by Sitzmann, Traci & Bell, Bradford S.
- 15-27 Ideas rise from chaos: Information structure and creativity
by Kim, Yeun Joon & Zhong, Chen-Bo
- 28-44 A social-cognitive approach to understanding gender differences in negotiator ethics: The role of moral identity
by Kennedy, Jessica A. & Kray, Laura J. & Ku, Gillian
- 45-58 You are a helpful co-worker, but do you support your spouse? A resource-based work-family model of helping and support provision
by Lin, Katrina Jia & Ilies, Remus & Pluut, Helen & Pan, Su-Ying
- 59-73 An ounce of prevention or a pound of cure? Two experiments on in-process interventions in decision-making groups
by Fisher, Colin M.
- 74-92 Interactions between motivation to fake and personality item characteristics: Clarifying the process
by Hauenstein, Neil M.A. & Bradley, Kevin M. & O’Shea, Patrick Gavan & Shah, Yashna J. & Magill, Douglas P.
2016, Volume 137, Issue C
- 1-12 Managing perceptions of distress at work: Reframing emotion as passion
by Wolf, Elizabeth Baily & Lee, Jooa Julia & Sah, Sunita & Brooks, Alison Wood
- 13-26 Overcoming the outcome bias: Making intentions matter
by Sezer, Ovul & Zhang, Ting & Gino, Francesca & Bazerman, Max H.
- 27-44 Overconfidence in personnel selection: When and why unstructured interview information can hurt hiring decisions
by Kausel, Edgar E. & Culbertson, Satoris S. & Madrid, Hector P.
- 45-57 Personal goal pursuit as an antecedent to social network structure
by Shea, Catherine T. & Fitzsimons, Gráinne M.
- 58-70 Money and relationships: When and why thinking about money leads people to approach others
by Teng, Fei & Chen, Zhansheng & Poon, Kai-Tak & Zhang, Denghao & Jiang, Yuwei
- 71-85 Don’t stop believing: Rituals improve performance by decreasing anxiety
by Brooks, Alison Wood & Schroeder, Juliana & Risen, Jane L. & Gino, Francesca & Galinsky, Adam D. & Norton, Michael I. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 86-98 The strength to face the facts: Self-regulation defends against defensive information processing
by Ruttan, Rachel L. & Nordgren, Loran F.
- 99-111 The motivational antecedents and performance consequences of corporate volunteering: When do employees volunteer and when does volunteering help versus harm work performance?
by Hu, Jia & Jiang, Kaifeng & Mo, Shenjiang & Chen, Honghui & Shi, Junqi
- 112-122 Selfishly benevolent or benevolently selfish: When self-interest undermines versus promotes prosocial behavior
by Zlatev, Julian J. & Miller, Dale T.
- 123-141 Blame the shepherd not the sheep: Imitating higher-ranking transgressors mitigates punishment for unethical behavior
by Bauman, Christopher W. & Tost, Leigh Plunkett & Ong, Madeline
- 142-155 Reaching the top and avoiding the bottom: How ranking motivates unethical intentions and behavior
by Vriend, Tim & Jordan, Jennifer & Janssen, Onne
- 156-171 Bargaining zone distortion in negotiations: The elusive power of multiple alternatives
by Schaerer, Michael & Loschelder, David D. & Swaab, Roderick I.
- 172-183 Cheating to get ahead or to avoid falling behind? The effect of potential negative versus positive status change on unethical behavior
by Pettit, Nathan C. & Doyle, Sarah P. & Lount, Robert B. & To, Christopher
- 184-206 Bliss is ignorance: How the magnitude of expressed happiness influences perceived naiveté and interpersonal exploitation
by Barasch, Alixandra & Levine, Emma E. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 207-217 Mad and misleading: Incidental anger promotes deception
by Yip, Jeremy A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 218-235 The effect of regulatory focus on attention residue and performance during interruptions
by Leroy, Sophie & Schmidt, Aaron M.
- 236-263 Motivational mechanisms of employee creativity: A meta-analytic examination and theoretical extension of the creativity literature
by Liu, Dong & Jiang, Kaifeng & Shalley, Christina E. & Keem, Sejin & Zhou, Jing
2016, Volume 136, Issue C
- 6-19 Motivation in organizational behavior: History, advances and prospects
by Kanfer, Ruth & Chen, Gilad
- 20-35 Job design research and theory: Past, present and future
by Oldham, Greg R. & Fried, Yitzhak
- 36-46 Self-as-object and self-as-subject in the workplace
by Brockner, Joel & Wiesenfeld, Batia M.
- 47-55 Affect, emotion, and decision making
by George, Jennifer M. & Dane, Erik
- 56-67 Securing foundations and advancing frontiers: Prevention and promotion effects on judgment & decision making
by Higgins, E. Tory & Cornwell, James F.M.
- 68-79 Negotiation
by Brett, Jeanne & Thompson, Leigh
- 80-94 The social world as an experimental game
by Murnighan, J. Keith & Wang, Long
- 95-105 Bounded awareness: Implications for ethical decision making
by Bazerman, Max H. & Sezer, Ovul
- 106-118 Culture and decision making
by Yates, J. Frank & de Oliveira, Stephanie
- 119-134 Social-cognitive, relational, and identity-based approaches to leadership
by Lord, Robert G. & Gatti, Paola & Chui, Susanna L.M.
- 135-145 Past, present, and potential future of team diversity research: From compositional diversity to emergent diversity
by van Knippenberg, Daan & Mell, Julija N.
- 146-159 Knowledge transfer in organizations: The roles of members, tasks, tools, and networks
by Argote, Linda & Fahrenkopf, Erin
2016, Volume 134, Issue C
- 1-15 The impact of personal responsibility on the (un)willingness to punish non-cooperation and reward cooperation
by Molenmaker, Welmer E. & de Kwaadsteniet, Erik W. & van Dijk, Eric
- 16-30 Why and when do employees imitate the absenteeism of co-workers?
by ten Brummelhuis, Lieke L. & Johns, Gary & Lyons, Brent J. & ter Hoeven, Claartje L.
- 31-44 Group rewards, group composition and information sharing: A motivated information processing perspective
by Super, Janice Francis & Li, Pingshu & Ishqaidef, Ghadir & Guthrie, James P.
- 45-62 For a dollar, would you…? How (we think) money affects compliance with our requests
by Bohns, Vanessa K. & Newark, Daniel A. & Xu, Amy Z.
2016, Volume 133, Issue C
- 1-16 On the misguided pursuit of happiness and ethical decision making: The roles of focalism and the impact bias in unethical and selfish behavior
by Noval, Laura J.
- 17-32 Secret conversation opportunities facilitate minority influence in virtual groups: The influence on majority power, information processing, and decision quality
by Swaab, Roderick I. & Phillips, Katherine W. & Schaerer, Michael
- 33-44 Incivility hates company: Shared incivility attenuates rumination, stress, and psychological withdrawal by reducing self-blame
by Schilpzand, P. & Leavitt, K. & Lim, S.
- 45-58 Can peers’ ethical and transformational leadership improve coworkers’ service quality? A latent growth analysis
by Schaubroeck, John M. & Lam, Simon S.K. & Peng, Ann C.
2016, Volume 132, Issue C
- 1-15 A stake in the fight: When do heterosexual employees resist organizational policies that deny marriage equality to LGB peers?
by Dahling, Jason J. & Wiley, Shaun & Fishman, Zachary A. & Loihle, Amber
- 16-36 Blind loyalty? When group loyalty makes us see evil or engage in it
by Hildreth, John Angus D. & Gino, Francesca & Bazerman, Max
- 37-48 Social networks and employee voice: The influence of team members’ and team leaders’ social network positions on employee voice
by Venkataramani, Vijaya & Zhou, Le & Wang, Mo & Liao, Hui & Shi, Junqi
- 49-62 I can do it, so can you: The role of leader creative self-efficacy in facilitating follower creativity
by Huang, Lei & Krasikova, Dina V. & Liu, Dong
2015, Volume 131, Issue C
- 1-15 Can personality traits and daily positive mood buffer the harmful effects of daily negative mood on task performance and service sabotage? A self-control perspective
by Chi, Nai-Wen & Chang, Huo-Tsan & Huang, Hsien-Lier
- 16-32 Do as I say, not as I’ve done: Suffering for a misdeed reduces the hypocrisy of advising others against it
by Effron, Daniel A. & Miller, Dale T.
- 33-50 Too arrogant for their own good? Why and when narcissists dismiss advice
by Kausel, Edgar E. & Culbertson, Satoris S. & Leiva, Pedro I. & Slaughter, Jerel E. & Jackson, Alexander T.
- 51-66 Breaking (or making) the silence: How goal interdependence and social skill predict being ostracized
by Wu, Long-Zeng & Ferris, D. Lance & Kwan, Ho Kwong & Chiang, Flora & Snape, Ed & Liang, Lindie H.
- 67-80 The prospect of a perfect ending: Loss aversion and the round-number bias
by Fraser-Mackenzie, P. & Sung, M. & Johnson, J.E.V.
- 81-94 Affect as an ordinal system of utility assessment
by Pham, Michel Tuan & Faraji-Rad, Ali & Toubia, Olivier & Lee, Leonard