Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask John M. Schaubroeck to have the entry updated or send us the correct address
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
2019, Volume 150, Issue C
- 1-13 Curiosity made the cat more creative: Specific curiosity as a driver of creativity
by Hagtvedt, Lydia Paine & Dossinger, Karyn & Harrison, Spencer H. & Huang, Li
- 14-27 Reconceptualizing goal setting’s dark side: The ethical consequences of learning versus outcome goals
by Welsh, David & Bush, John & Thiel, Chase & Bonner, Julena
- 28-45 Losing your temper and your perspective: Anger reduces perspective-taking
by Yip, Jeremy A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 46-61 Nostalgia promotes intrinsic motivation and effort in the presence of low interactional justice
by van Dijke, Marius & Leunissen, Joost M. & Wildschut, Tim & Sedikides, Constantine
- 62-82 Better calibration when predicting from experience (rather than description)
by Camilleri, Adrian R. & Newell, Ben R.
- 83-100 Seeker beware: The interpersonal costs of ignoring advice
by Blunden, Hayley & Logg, Jennifer M. & Brooks, Alison Wood & John, Leslie K. & Gino, Francesca
- 101-111 When numbers make you feel: Impact of round versus precise numbers on preventive health behaviors
by Wadhwa, Monica & Zhang, Kuangjie
2018, Volume 149, Issue C
- 1-16 Innovate or die: How should knowledge-worker teams respond to technological turbulence?
by Chen, Tingting & Li, Fuli & Chen, Xiao-Ping & Ou, Zhanying
- 17-34 Attainment versus maintenance goals: Perceived difficulty and impact on goal choice
by Stamatogiannakis, Antonios & Chattopadhyay, Amitava & Chakravarti, Dipankar
- 35-46 The impact of a limited time perspective on information distortion
by Chaxel, Anne-Sophie & Wiggins, Catherine & Xie, Jieru
- 47-58 Cogs in the machine: The prioritization of money and self-dehumanization
by Ruttan, Rachel L. & Lucas, Brian J.
- 59-72 From spontaneous cooperation to spontaneous punishment – Distinguishing the underlying motives driving spontaneous behavior in first and second order public good games
by Mischkowski, Dorothee & Glöckner, Andreas & Lewisch, Peter
- 73-96 Low power individuals in social power research: A quantitative review, theoretical framework, and empirical test
by Schaerer, Michael & du Plessis, Christilene & Yap, Andy J. & Thau, Stefan
- 97-110 The impact of doubt on the experience of regret
by van de Calseyde, Philippe P.F.M. & Zeelenberg, Marcel & Evers, Ellen R.K.
- 111-128 Building trust by tearing others down: When accusing others of unethical behavior engenders trust
by Kennedy, Jessica A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 129-144 Connectionism in action: Exploring the links between leader prototypes, leader gender, and perceptions of authentic leadership
by Braun, Susanne & Peus, Claudia & Frey, Dieter
- 145-164 “If hierarchical, then corrupt”: Exploring people’s tendency to associate hierarchy with corruption in organizations
by Fath, Sean & Kay, Aaron C.
- 165-178 The (bounded) benefits of correction: The unanticipated interpersonal advantages of making and correcting mistakes
by Kupor, Daniella & Reich, Taly & Laurin, Kristin
2018, Volume 148, Issue C
- 1-11 Underestimating the importance of expressing intrinsic motivation in job interviews
by Woolley, Kaitlin & Fishbach, Ayelet
- 12-29 A double-edged sword: How and why resetting performance metrics affects motivation and performance
by Dai, Hengchen
- 30-53 CEO gender differences in careers and the moderating role of country culture: A meta-analytic investigation
by Wang, Gang & Holmes, R. Michael & Devine, Richard A. & Bishoff, John
- 54-69 The embedding forces of network commitment: An examination of the psychological processes linking advice centrality and susceptibility to social influence
by Bruning, Patrick F. & Alge, Bradley J. & Lin, Hsin-Chen
- 70-86 “I was going to offer $10,000 but…”: The effects of phantom anchors in negotiation
by Bhatia, Nazlı & Gunia, Brian C.
- 87-100 Too precise to pursue: How precise first offers create barriers-to-entry in negotiations and markets
by Lee, Alice J. & Loschelder, David D. & Schweinsberg, Martin & Mason, Malia F. & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 101-123 When and why randomized response techniques (fail to) elicit the truth
by John, Leslie K. & Loewenstein, George & Acquisti, Alessandro & Vosgerau, Joachim
- 124-144 A bi-factor theory of the four-factor model of cultural intelligence: Meta-analysis and theoretical extensions
by Rockstuhl, Thomas & Van Dyne, Linn
- 145-158 Motivated dissimilarity construal and self-serving behavior: How we distance ourselves from those we harm
by Noval, Laura J. & Molinsky, Andrew & Stahl, Günter K.
- 159-177 Bringing “The Beholder” center stage: On the propensity to perceive overall fairness
by Colquitt, Jason A. & Zipay, Kate P. & Lynch, John W. & Outlaw, Ryan
2018, Volume 147, Issue C
- 1-15 Mindfulness Meditation Impairs Task Motivation but Not Performance
by Hafenbrack, Andrew C. & Vohs, Kathleen D.
- 16-25 From “me” to “we”: The role of construal level in promoting maximized joint outcomes
by Stillman, Paul E. & Fujita, Kentaro & Sheldon, Oliver & Trope, Yaacov
- 26-47 A ratings pattern heuristic in judgments of expertise: When being right Looks wrong
by Spassova, Gerri & Palmeira, Mauricio & Andrade, Eduardo B.
- 48-64 No self to spare: How the cognitive structure of the self influences moral behavior
by Touré-Tillery, Maferima & Light, Alysson E.
- 65-75 Choosing for others and its relation to information search
by Liu, Yi & Polman, Evan & Liu, Yongfang & Jiao, Jiangli
- 76-93 Eliciting the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth: The effect of question phrasing on deception
by Minson, Julia A. & VanEpps, Eric M. & Yip, Jeremy A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 94-107 The role of “Prominent Numbers” in open numerical judgment: Strained decision makers choose from a limited set of accessible numbers
by Converse, Benjamin A. & Dennis, Patrick J.
- 108-126 Sacrificing status for social harmony: Concealing relatively high status identities from one’s peers
by Arnett, Rachel D. & Sidanius, Jim
- 127-146 Conflict of interest disclosure as an expertise cue: Differential effects due to automatic versus deliberative processing
by Sah, Sunita & Malaviya, Prashant & Thompson, Debora
- 147-157 “I won't let you down:” Personal ethical lapses arising from women’s advocating for others
by Kouchaki, Maryam & Kray, Laura J.
2018, Volume 146, Issue C
- 1-13 Social support at work and at home: Dual-buffering effects in the work-family conflict process
by Pluut, Helen & Ilies, Remus & Curşeu, Petru L. & Liu, Yukun
- 14-30 How perceived power influences the consequences of dominance expressions in negotiations
by Wiltermuth, Scott S. & Raj, Medha & Wood, Adam
- 31-50 Paternalistic lies
by Lupoli, Matthew J. & Levine, Emma E. & Greenberg, Adam Eric
- 51-61 A formal model of goal revision in approach and avoidance contexts
by Gee, Phillip & Neal, Andrew & Vancouver, Jeffrey B.
- 62-75 Effects of group-discussion integrative complexity on intergroup relations in a social dilemma
by Park, Guihyun & DeShon, Richard P.
- 76-84 Leader consultation mitigates the harmful effects of leader narcissism: A belongingness perspective
by Carnevale, Joel B. & Huang, Lei & Harms, Peter D.
2018, Volume 145, Issue C
2018, Volume 144, Issue C
- 1-10 Small economic losses lower total compensation for victims of emotional losses
by Zhang, Shirley & Hsee, Christopher K. & Yu, Xueer
- 11-24 The macroeconomic environment and the psychology of work evaluation
by Sirola, Nina & Pitesa, Marko
- 25-43 When sharing hurts: How and why self-disclosing weakness undermines the task-oriented relationships of higher status disclosers
by Gibson, Kerry Roberts & Harari, Dana & Marr, Jennifer Carson
- 44-59 When corporate social responsibility motivates employee citizenship behavior: The sensitizing role of task significance
by Ong, Madeline & Mayer, David M. & Tost, Leigh P. & Wellman, Ned
- 60-73 When social identity threat leads to the selection of identity-reinforcing options: The role of public self-awareness
by White, Katherine & Stackhouse, Madelynn & Argo, Jennifer J.
- 74-84 Fate as a motivated (and de-motivating) belief: Evidence for a link from task importance to belief in fate to effort
by Tang, Simone & King, Meredith & Kay, Aaron C.
- 85-96 Who cares if “service with a smile” is authentic? An expectancy-based model of customer race and differential service reactions
by Houston, Lawrence & Grandey, Alicia A. & Sawyer, Katina
- 97-111 The interpersonal effects of emotion intensity in customer service: Perceived appropriateness and authenticity of attendants' emotional displays shape customer trust and satisfaction
by Cheshin, Arik & Amit, Adi & van Kleef, Gerben A.
- 112-124 What are my chances? An imagery versus discursive processing approach to understanding ratio-bias effects
by Schlosser, Ann E.
- 125-144 Trash-talking: Competitive incivility motivates rivalry, performance, and unethical behavior
by Yip, Jeremy A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E. & Nurmohamed, Samir
- 145-170 Does team communication represent a one-size-fits-all approach?: A meta-analysis of team communication and performance
by Marlow, Shannon L. & Lacerenza, Christina N. & Paoletti, Jensine & Burke, C. Shawn & Salas, Eduardo
- 171-186 The illusion of transparency in performance appraisals: When and why accuracy motivation explains unintentional feedback inflation
by Schaerer, Michael & Kern, Mary & Berger, Gail & Medvec, Victoria & Swaab, Roderick I.
- 187-199 Does gender diversity help teams constructively manage status conflict? An evolutionary perspective of status conflict, team psychological safety, and team creativity
by Lee, Hun Whee & Choi, Jin Nam & Kim, Seongsu
2017, Volume 143, Issue C
- 1-7 Seeing and studying China: Leveraging phenomenon-based research in China for theory advancement
by Chen, Chao C. & Friedman, Ray & McAllister, Daniel J.
- 8-22 Values of Chinese generation cohorts: Do they matter in the workplace?
by Tang, Ningyu & Wang, Yumei & Zhang, Kaili
- 23-38 Hesitant to label, yet quick to judge: How cultural mindsets affect the accessibility of stereotypic knowledge when concepts of the elderly are primed
by Saluja, Geetanjali & Adaval, Rashmi & Wyer, Robert S.
- 39-53 Too attached to speak up? It depends: How supervisor–subordinate guanxi and perceived job control influence upward constructive voice
by Davidson, Tina & Van Dyne, Linn & Lin, Bilian
- 54-68 Configuring challenge and hindrance contexts for introversion and creativity: Joint effects of task complexity and guanxi management
by Zhang, Xiaomeng & Zhou, Jing & Kwan, Ho Kwong
- 69-84 Beyond personal control: When and how executives’ beliefs in negotiable fate foster entrepreneurial orientation and firm performance
by Au, Evelyn W.M. & Qin, Xin & Zhang, Zhi-Xue
- 85-97 Understanding the trust deficit in China: Mapping positive experience and trust in strangers
by Yao, Jingjing & Zhang, Zhi-Xue & Brett, Jeanne & Murnighan, J. Keith
- 98-110 Polluted work: A self-control perspective on air pollution appraisals, organizational citizenship, and counterproductive work behavior
by Fehr, Ryan & Yam, Kai Chi & He, Wei & Chiang, Jack Ting-Ju & Wei, Wu
- 111-128 Is individual bribery or organizational bribery more intolerable in China (versus in the United States)? Advancing theory on the perception of corrupt acts
by Liu, Zhi & Liu, Xiao-xiao & Hong, Ying-yi & Brockner, Joel & Tam, Kim-pong & Li, Yan-mei
2017, Volume 142, Issue C
- 1-11 Fair pay dispersion: A regulatory focus theory view
by Park, Tae-Youn & Kim, Seongsu & Sung, Li-Kuo
- 12-27 It’s about time: Divergent evaluations of restrictive policies in the near and distant future
by Nakashima, Nathaniel A. & Daniels, David P. & Laurin, Kristin
- 28-44 What “blindness” to gender differences helps women see and do: Implications for confidence, agency, and action in male-dominated environments
by Martin, Ashley E. & Phillips, Katherine W.
- 45-57 Witnessing wrongdoing: The effects of observer power on incivility intervention in the workplace
by Hershcovis, M. Sandy & Neville, Lukas & Reich, Tara C. & Christie, Amy M. & Cortina, Lilia M. & Shan, J. Valerie
- 58-70 Team conflict dynamics: Implications of a dyadic view of conflict for team performance
by Humphrey, Stephen E. & Aime, Federico & Cushenbery, Lily & Hill, Aaron D. & Fairchild, Joshua
2017, Volume 141, Issue C
- 1-15 Step by step: Sub-goals as a source of motivation
by Huang, Szu-chi & Jin, Liyin & Zhang, Ying
- 16-28 “I can’t pay more” versus “It’s not worth more”: Divergent effects of constraint and disparagement rationales in negotiations
by Lee, Alice J. & Ames, Daniel R.
- 29-42 Fast-and-frugal trees as noncompensatory models of performance-based personnel decisions
by Luan, Shenghua & Reb, Jochen
- 43-56 Using pre-test explanations to improve test-taker reactions: Testing a set of “wise” interventions
by McCarthy, Julie M. & Bauer, Talya N. & Truxillo, Donald M. & Campion, Michael C. & Van Iddekinge, Chad H. & Campion, Michael A.
- 57-73 Lack of sleep and the development of leader-follower relationships over time
by Guarana, Cristiano L. & Barnes, Christopher M.
- 74-81 Groups outperform individuals in tacit coordination by using consensual and disjunctive salience
by Chartier, Christopher R. & Abele, Susanne
- 82-93 Motivating underdogs and favorites
by Lount, Robert B. & Pettit, Nathan C. & Doyle, Sarah P.
2017, Volume 140, Issue C
- 1-13 Disloyalty aversion: Greater reluctance to bet against close others than the self
by Tang, Simone & Morewedge, Carey M. & Larrick, Richard P. & Klein, Jill G.
- 14-28 Is adhering to justice rules enough? The role of charismatic qualities in perceptions of supervisors’ overall fairness
by Rodell, Jessica B. & Colquitt, Jason A. & Baer, Michael D.
- 29-45 Regulatory focus trickle-down: How leader regulatory focus and behavior shape follower regulatory focus
by Johnson, Russell E. & King, Danielle D. & (Joanna) Lin, Szu-Han & Scott, Brent A. & Jackson Walker, Erin M. & Wang, Mo
- 46-61 Compensatory control and ambiguity intolerance
by Ma, Anyi & Kay, Aaron C.
- 62-89 Team adaptation in context: An integrated conceptual model and meta-analytic review
by Christian, Jessica Siegel & Christian, Michael S. & Pearsall, Matthew J. & Long, Erin C.
2017, Volume 139, Issue C
- 1-17 Effects of inter-group status on the pursuit of intra-group status
by Chang, Jin Wook & Chow, Rosalind M. & Woolley, Anita W.
- 18-29 A helping hand is hard at work: Help-seekers’ underestimation of helpers’ effort
by Newark, Daniel A. & Bohns, Vanessa K. & Flynn, Francis J.
- 30-49 Hierarchical rank and principled dissent: How holding higher rank suppresses objection to unethical practices
by Kennedy, Jessica A. & Anderson, Cameron
- 50-62 How beliefs about the self influence perceptions of negative feedback and subsequent effort and learning
by Zingoni, Matt & Byron, Kris
- 63-75 “Switching On” creativity: Task switching can increase creativity by reducing cognitive fixation
by Lu, Jackson G. & Akinola, Modupe & Mason, Malia F.
- 76-91 Choosing one at a time? Presenting options simultaneously helps people make more optimal decisions than presenting options sequentially
by Basu, Shankha & Savani, Krishna
- 92-105 Spillover bias in diversity judgment
by Daniels, David P. & Neale, Margaret A. & Greer, Lindred L.
- 106-126 Creativity in unethical behavior attenuates condemnation and breeds social contagion when transgressions seem to create little harm
by Wiltermuth, Scott S. & Vincent, Lynne C. & Gino, Francesca
2017, Volume 138, Issue C
- 1-14 The dynamic effects of subconscious goal pursuit on resource allocation, task performance, and goal abandonment
by Sitzmann, Traci & Bell, Bradford S.
- 15-27 Ideas rise from chaos: Information structure and creativity
by Kim, Yeun Joon & Zhong, Chen-Bo
- 28-44 A social-cognitive approach to understanding gender differences in negotiator ethics: The role of moral identity
by Kennedy, Jessica A. & Kray, Laura J. & Ku, Gillian
- 45-58 You are a helpful co-worker, but do you support your spouse? A resource-based work-family model of helping and support provision
by Lin, Katrina Jia & Ilies, Remus & Pluut, Helen & Pan, Su-Ying
- 59-73 An ounce of prevention or a pound of cure? Two experiments on in-process interventions in decision-making groups
by Fisher, Colin M.
- 74-92 Interactions between motivation to fake and personality item characteristics: Clarifying the process
by Hauenstein, Neil M.A. & Bradley, Kevin M. & O’Shea, Patrick Gavan & Shah, Yashna J. & Magill, Douglas P.
2016, Volume 137, Issue C
- 1-12 Managing perceptions of distress at work: Reframing emotion as passion
by Wolf, Elizabeth Baily & Lee, Jooa Julia & Sah, Sunita & Brooks, Alison Wood
- 13-26 Overcoming the outcome bias: Making intentions matter
by Sezer, Ovul & Zhang, Ting & Gino, Francesca & Bazerman, Max H.
- 27-44 Overconfidence in personnel selection: When and why unstructured interview information can hurt hiring decisions
by Kausel, Edgar E. & Culbertson, Satoris S. & Madrid, Hector P.
- 45-57 Personal goal pursuit as an antecedent to social network structure
by Shea, Catherine T. & Fitzsimons, Gráinne M.
- 58-70 Money and relationships: When and why thinking about money leads people to approach others
by Teng, Fei & Chen, Zhansheng & Poon, Kai-Tak & Zhang, Denghao & Jiang, Yuwei
- 71-85 Don’t stop believing: Rituals improve performance by decreasing anxiety
by Brooks, Alison Wood & Schroeder, Juliana & Risen, Jane L. & Gino, Francesca & Galinsky, Adam D. & Norton, Michael I. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 86-98 The strength to face the facts: Self-regulation defends against defensive information processing
by Ruttan, Rachel L. & Nordgren, Loran F.
- 99-111 The motivational antecedents and performance consequences of corporate volunteering: When do employees volunteer and when does volunteering help versus harm work performance?
by Hu, Jia & Jiang, Kaifeng & Mo, Shenjiang & Chen, Honghui & Shi, Junqi
- 112-122 Selfishly benevolent or benevolently selfish: When self-interest undermines versus promotes prosocial behavior
by Zlatev, Julian J. & Miller, Dale T.
- 123-141 Blame the shepherd not the sheep: Imitating higher-ranking transgressors mitigates punishment for unethical behavior
by Bauman, Christopher W. & Tost, Leigh Plunkett & Ong, Madeline
- 142-155 Reaching the top and avoiding the bottom: How ranking motivates unethical intentions and behavior
by Vriend, Tim & Jordan, Jennifer & Janssen, Onne
- 156-171 Bargaining zone distortion in negotiations: The elusive power of multiple alternatives
by Schaerer, Michael & Loschelder, David D. & Swaab, Roderick I.
- 172-183 Cheating to get ahead or to avoid falling behind? The effect of potential negative versus positive status change on unethical behavior
by Pettit, Nathan C. & Doyle, Sarah P. & Lount, Robert B. & To, Christopher
- 184-206 Bliss is ignorance: How the magnitude of expressed happiness influences perceived naiveté and interpersonal exploitation
by Barasch, Alixandra & Levine, Emma E. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 207-217 Mad and misleading: Incidental anger promotes deception
by Yip, Jeremy A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 218-235 The effect of regulatory focus on attention residue and performance during interruptions
by Leroy, Sophie & Schmidt, Aaron M.
- 236-263 Motivational mechanisms of employee creativity: A meta-analytic examination and theoretical extension of the creativity literature
by Liu, Dong & Jiang, Kaifeng & Shalley, Christina E. & Keem, Sejin & Zhou, Jing
2016, Volume 136, Issue C
- 6-19 Motivation in organizational behavior: History, advances and prospects
by Kanfer, Ruth & Chen, Gilad
- 20-35 Job design research and theory: Past, present and future
by Oldham, Greg R. & Fried, Yitzhak
- 36-46 Self-as-object and self-as-subject in the workplace
by Brockner, Joel & Wiesenfeld, Batia M.
- 47-55 Affect, emotion, and decision making
by George, Jennifer M. & Dane, Erik
- 56-67 Securing foundations and advancing frontiers: Prevention and promotion effects on judgment & decision making
by Higgins, E. Tory & Cornwell, James F.M.
- 68-79 Negotiation
by Brett, Jeanne & Thompson, Leigh
- 80-94 The social world as an experimental game
by Murnighan, J. Keith & Wang, Long
- 95-105 Bounded awareness: Implications for ethical decision making
by Bazerman, Max H. & Sezer, Ovul
- 106-118 Culture and decision making
by Yates, J. Frank & de Oliveira, Stephanie
- 119-134 Social-cognitive, relational, and identity-based approaches to leadership
by Lord, Robert G. & Gatti, Paola & Chui, Susanna L.M.
- 135-145 Past, present, and potential future of team diversity research: From compositional diversity to emergent diversity
by van Knippenberg, Daan & Mell, Julija N.
- 146-159 Knowledge transfer in organizations: The roles of members, tasks, tools, and networks
by Argote, Linda & Fahrenkopf, Erin
2016, Volume 134, Issue C
- 1-15 The impact of personal responsibility on the (un)willingness to punish non-cooperation and reward cooperation
by Molenmaker, Welmer E. & de Kwaadsteniet, Erik W. & van Dijk, Eric
- 16-30 Why and when do employees imitate the absenteeism of co-workers?
by ten Brummelhuis, Lieke L. & Johns, Gary & Lyons, Brent J. & ter Hoeven, Claartje L.
- 31-44 Group rewards, group composition and information sharing: A motivated information processing perspective
by Super, Janice Francis & Li, Pingshu & Ishqaidef, Ghadir & Guthrie, James P.
- 45-62 For a dollar, would you…? How (we think) money affects compliance with our requests
by Bohns, Vanessa K. & Newark, Daniel A. & Xu, Amy Z.
2016, Volume 133, Issue C
- 1-16 On the misguided pursuit of happiness and ethical decision making: The roles of focalism and the impact bias in unethical and selfish behavior
by Noval, Laura J.
- 17-32 Secret conversation opportunities facilitate minority influence in virtual groups: The influence on majority power, information processing, and decision quality
by Swaab, Roderick I. & Phillips, Katherine W. & Schaerer, Michael
- 33-44 Incivility hates company: Shared incivility attenuates rumination, stress, and psychological withdrawal by reducing self-blame
by Schilpzand, P. & Leavitt, K. & Lim, S.
- 45-58 Can peers’ ethical and transformational leadership improve coworkers’ service quality? A latent growth analysis
by Schaubroeck, John M. & Lam, Simon S.K. & Peng, Ann C.
2016, Volume 132, Issue C
- 1-15 A stake in the fight: When do heterosexual employees resist organizational policies that deny marriage equality to LGB peers?
by Dahling, Jason J. & Wiley, Shaun & Fishman, Zachary A. & Loihle, Amber
- 16-36 Blind loyalty? When group loyalty makes us see evil or engage in it
by Hildreth, John Angus D. & Gino, Francesca & Bazerman, Max
- 37-48 Social networks and employee voice: The influence of team members’ and team leaders’ social network positions on employee voice
by Venkataramani, Vijaya & Zhou, Le & Wang, Mo & Liao, Hui & Shi, Junqi
- 49-62 I can do it, so can you: The role of leader creative self-efficacy in facilitating follower creativity
by Huang, Lei & Krasikova, Dina V. & Liu, Dong
2015, Volume 131, Issue C
- 1-15 Can personality traits and daily positive mood buffer the harmful effects of daily negative mood on task performance and service sabotage? A self-control perspective
by Chi, Nai-Wen & Chang, Huo-Tsan & Huang, Hsien-Lier
- 16-32 Do as I say, not as I’ve done: Suffering for a misdeed reduces the hypocrisy of advising others against it
by Effron, Daniel A. & Miller, Dale T.
- 33-50 Too arrogant for their own good? Why and when narcissists dismiss advice
by Kausel, Edgar E. & Culbertson, Satoris S. & Leiva, Pedro I. & Slaughter, Jerel E. & Jackson, Alexander T.
- 51-66 Breaking (or making) the silence: How goal interdependence and social skill predict being ostracized
by Wu, Long-Zeng & Ferris, D. Lance & Kwan, Ho Kwong & Chiang, Flora & Snape, Ed & Liang, Lindie H.
- 67-80 The prospect of a perfect ending: Loss aversion and the round-number bias
by Fraser-Mackenzie, P. & Sung, M. & Johnson, J.E.V.
- 81-94 Affect as an ordinal system of utility assessment
by Pham, Michel Tuan & Faraji-Rad, Ali & Toubia, Olivier & Lee, Leonard
- 95-109 Is there a place for sympathy in negotiation? Finding strength in weakness
by Shirako, Aiwa & Kilduff, Gavin J. & Kray, Laura J.
- 110-120 Wide of the mark: Evidence on the underlying causes of overprecision in judgment
by Moore, Don A. & Carter, Ashli B. & Yang, Heather H.J.
- 121-131 Balancing out feelings of risk by playing it safe: The effect of social networking on subsequent risk judgment
by Kim, Hakkyun & Lee, Kyoungmi & Park, Kiwan
- 132-148 Ingratiation and popularity as antecedents of justice: A social exchange and social capital perspective
by Koopman, Joel & Matta, Fadel K. & Scott, Brent A. & Conlon, Donald E.
- 149-161 Exploring the signaling function of idiosyncratic deals and their interaction
by Ho, Violet T. & Kong, Dejun Tony
- 162-177 The highest form of intelligence: Sarcasm increases creativity for both expressers and recipients
by Huang, Li & Gino, Francesca & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 178-189 When doing good is bad in gift giving: Mis-predicting appreciation of socially responsible gifts
by Cavanaugh, Lisa A. & Gino, Francesca & Fitzsimons, Gavan J.
2015, Volume 130, Issue C
- 1-12 Saving face? When emotion displays during public apologies mitigate damage to organizational performance
by ten Brinke, Leanne & Adams, Gabrielle S.
- 13-25 Other-serving bias in advice-taking: When advisors receive more credit than blame
by Palmeira, Mauricio & Spassova, Gerri & Keh, Hean Tat
- 26-43 Pushing away from representative advice: Advice taking, anchoring, and adjustment
by Rader, Christina A. & Soll, Jack B. & Larrick, Richard P.
- 44-57 The combined effects of relationship conflict and the relational self on creativity
by Jung, Eun Jin & Lee, Sujin
- 58-68 Time pressure reverses risk preferences
by Saqib, Najam U. & Chan, Eugene Y.
- 69-78 Not so lonely at the top: The relationship between power and loneliness
by Waytz, Adam & Chou, Eileen Y. & Magee, Joe C. & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 79-88 Work-report formats and overbilling: How unit-reporting vs. cost-reporting increases accountability and decreases overbilling
by Desai, Sreedhari D. & Kouchaki, Maryam
- 89-107 Conflicted advice and second opinions: Benefits, but unintended consequences
by Sah, Sunita & Loewenstein, George
- 108-122 Motivated employee blindness: The impact of labor market instability on judgment of organizational inefficiencies
by Proudfoot, Devon & Kay, Aaron C. & Mann, Heather
- 123-135 Two-stage decisions increase preference for hedonic options
by Bhargave, Rajesh & Chakravarti, Amitav & Guha, Abhijit
- 136-146 Perceiving outcomes as determined by external forces: The role of event construal in attenuating the outcome bias
by Savani, Krishna & King, Dan
- 147-159 Hypocrisy by association: When organizational membership increases condemnation for wrongdoing
by Effron, Daniel A. & Lucas, Brian J. & O’Connor, Kieran
- 160-170 Performance pay or redistribution? Cultural differences in just-world beliefs and preferences for wage inequality
by Frank, Douglas H. & Wertenbroch, Klaus & Maddux, William W.
2015, Volume 129, Issue C
- 1-13 Normology: Integrating insights about social norms to understand cultural dynamics
by Morris, Michael W. & Hong, Ying-yi & Chiu, Chi-yue & Liu, Zhi
- 14-23 Societal threat and cultural variation in the strength of social norms: An evolutionary basis
by Roos, Patrick & Gelfand, Michele & Nau, Dana & Lun, Janetta
- 24-35 Responses to normative and norm-violating behavior: Culture, job mobility, and social inclusion and exclusion
by Whitson, Jennifer & Wang, Cynthia S. & Kim, Joongseo & Cao, Jiyin & Scrimpshire, Alex
- 36-47 Infectious diseases, contamination rumors and ethnic violence: Regimental mutinies in the Bengal Native Army in 1857 India
by Dutta, Sunasir & Rao, Hayagreeva
- 48-58 Mere exposure affects perceived descriptive norms: Implications for personal preferences and trust
by Kwan, Letty Y.-Y. & Yap, Suhui & Chiu, Chi-yue
- 59-69 Bidirectional associations between descriptive and injunctive norms
by Eriksson, Kimmo & Strimling, Pontus & Coultas, Julie C.
- 70-79 When norms loom larger than the self: Susceptibility of preference–choice consistency to normative influence across cultures
by Savani, Krishna & Wadhwa, Monica & Uchida, Yukiko & Ding, Yu & Naidu, N.V.R.
- 80-92 Egalitarianism makes organizations stronger: Cross-national variation in institutional and psychological equality predicts talent levels and the performance of national teams
by Swaab, Roderick I. & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 93-104 Balancing evidence and norms in cultural evolution
by MacCoun, Robert J.
- 105-112 Epistemic motivation and perpetuation of group culture: Effects of need for cognitive closure on trans-generational norm transmission
by Livi, Stefano & Kruglanski, Arie W. & Pierro, Antonio & Mannetti, Lucia & Kenny, David A.
- 113-125 Social transmission of cultural practices and implicit attitudes
by Kashima, Yoshihisa & Laham, Simon M. & Dix, Jennifer & Levis, Bianca & Wong, Darlene & Wheeler, Melissa
2015, Volume 128, Issue C
- 1-10 Predicting what we will like: Asking a stranger can be as good as asking a friend
by Eggleston, Casey M. & Wilson, Timothy D. & Lee, Minha & Gilbert, Daniel T.
- 1-14 Friend or foe? The impact of relational ties with comparison others on outcome fairness and satisfaction judgments
by Sherf, Elad N. & Venkataramani, Vijaya
- 15-28 When beauty helps and when it hurts: An organizational context model of attractiveness discrimination in selection decisions
by Lee, Sunyoung & Pitesa, Marko & Pillutla, Madan & Thau, Stefan
- 29-48 The role of trait core confidence higher-order construct in self-regulation of performance and attitudes: Evidence from four studies
by Stajkovic, Alexander D. & Lee, Dongseop & Greenwald, Jessica M. & Raffiee, Joseph
- 49-60 The double-edged impact of future expectations in groups: Minority influence depends on minorities’ and majorities’ expectations to interact again
by San Martin, Alvaro & Swaab, Roderick I. & Sinaceur, Marwan & Vasiljevic, Dimitri
- 61-73 Noblesse oblige emerges (with time): Power enhances intergenerational beneficence
by Tost, Leigh Plunkett & Wade-Benzoni, Kimberly A. & Johnson, Hana Huang
- 74-83 Who you are is where you are: Antecedents and consequences of locating the self in the brain or the heart
by Adam, Hajo & Obodaru, Otilia & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 84-95 How, when, and why recipients and observers reward good deeds and punish bad deeds
by Whitson, Jennifer A. & Wang, Cynthia S. & See, Ya Hui Michelle & Baker, Wayne E. & Murnighan, J. Keith
- 96-107 Some evidence for the nonverbal contagion of racial bias
by Willard, Greg & Isaac, Kyonne-Joy & Carney, Dana R.
2015, Volume 127, Issue C
- 1-14 Emotional reactions, perceived impact and perceived responsibility mediate the identifiable victim effect, proportion dominance effect and in-group effect respectively
by Erlandsson, Arvid & Björklund, Fredrik & Bäckström, Martin
- 15-29 Nostalgia buffers the negative impact of low procedural justice on cooperation
by van Dijke, Marius & Wildschut, Tim & Leunissen, Joost M. & Sedikides, Constantine
- 30-43 “Pay what you want” as threshold public good provision
by Mak, Vincent & Zwick, Rami & Rao, Akshay R. & Pattaratanakun, Jake A.
- 44-52 Thinking about time as money decreases environmental behavior
by Whillans, Ashley V. & Dunn, Elizabeth W.
- 53-65 Motivating creativity: The effects of sequential and simultaneous learning and performance achievement goals on product novelty and usefulness
by Miron-Spektor, Ella & Beenen, Gerard
- 66-84 The affective and interpersonal consequences of obesity
by Levine, Emma E. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 85-102 Are companies beholden to bias? The impact of leader race on consumer purchasing behavior
by Avery, Derek R. & McKay, Patrick F. & Volpone, Sabrina D. & Malka, Ari
2015, Volume 126, Issue C
- 1-17 Managers versus co-workers as referents: Comparing social influence effects on within- and outside-subsidiary knowledge sharing
by Boh, Wai Fong & Wong, Sze-Sze
- 18-26 Corporations are Cyborgs: Organizations elicit anger but not sympathy when they can think but cannot feel
by Rai, Tage S. & Diermeier, Daniel
- 27-36 Framing effects in justice perceptions: Prospect theory and counterfactuals
by Ganegoda, Deshani B. & Folger, Robert
- 37-48 Who should bring home the bacon? How deterministic views of gender constrain spousal wage preferences
by Tinsley, Catherine H. & Howell, Taeya M. & Amanatullah, Emily T.
- 49-64 Poker-faced morality: Concealing emotions leads to utilitarian decision making
by Lee, Jooa Julia & Gino, Francesca
- 65-76 Unlocking integrative potential: Expressed emotional ambivalence and negotiation outcomes
by Rothman, Naomi B. & Northcraft, Gregory B.
- 77-87 When vigilance prevails: The effect of regulatory focus and accountability on integrative negotiation outcomes
by Peng, Ann C. & Dunn, Jennifer & Conlon, Donald E.