Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
John M. Schaubroeck
The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid any more. Please ask John M. Schaubroeck to have the entry updated or send us the correct address
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
2022, Volume 170, Issue C
- S0749597822000152 The 1-in-X effect in perceptions of risk likelihood differences
by Suk, Kwanho & Hwang, Sanyoung & Jeong, Yunjoo
- S0749597822000176 A voice inside my head: The psychological and behavioral consequences of auditory technologies
by Lieberman, Alicea & Schroeder, Juliana & Amir, On
- S0749597822000188 Working during non-standard work time undermines intrinsic motivation
by Giurge, Laura M. & Woolley, Kaitlin
- S0749597822000206 The vigilante identity and organizations
by Chen, Fan Xuan & Graso, Maja & Aquino, Karl & Lin, Lily & Cheng, Joey T. & DeCelles, Katherine & Vadera, Abhijeet K.
- S0749597822000231 When regular meets remarkable: Awe as a link between routine work and meaningful self-narratives
by Sheprow, Elizabeth & Harrison, Spencer H.
- S0749597822000243 When the boss steps up: Workplace power, task responsibility, and engagement with unpleasant tasks
by Williams, Melissa J. & Lopiano, Gabrielle & Heller, Daniel
- S0749597822000310 You can’t handle the truth! Conflict counterparts over-estimate each other’s feelings of self-threat
by Dorison, Charles A. & Minson, Julia A.
- S0749597822000334 All’s well that ends (and peaks) well? A meta-analysis of the peak-end rule and duration neglect
by Alaybek, Balca & Dalal, Reeshad S. & Fyffe, Shea & Aitken, John A. & Zhou, You & Qu, Xiao & Roman, Alexis & Baines, Julia I.
- S074959782200019X Blinding curiosity: Exploring preferences for “blinding” one’s own judgment
by Fath, Sean & Larrick, Richard P. & Soll, Jack B.
2022, Volume 169, Issue C
- S0749597821001102 Self-views of disadvantage and success impact perceptions of privilege among White men
by Fath, Sean & Ma, Anyi & Shelby Rosette, Ashleigh
- S0749597821001114 Rupture and reclamation in the life story: The role of early relationships in self-narratives following a forced career transition
by Maitlis, Sally
- S0749597821001126 Implicit impressions of creative people: Creativity evaluation in a stigmatized domain
by Katz, Joshua H. & Mann, Thomas C. & Shen, Xi & Goncalo, Jack A. & Ferguson, Melissa J.
- S0749597822000012 Misaligned mindsets between borrowers and lenders of small interpersonal loans
by Morvinski, Coby & Shani, Yaniv
- S0749597822000024 Tailoring the intervention to the self: Congruence between self-affirmation and self-construal mitigates the gender gap in quantitative performance
by Kim, Jennifer Y. & Brockner, Joel & Block, Caryn J.
- S0749597822000036 Gender differences in interpersonal trust: Disclosure behavior, benevolence sensitivity and workplace implications
by Qiu, Judy & Kesebir, Selin & Günaydin, Gül & Selçuk, Emre & Wasti, S. Arzu
- S0749597822000127 Identifying the temporal profiles of hedonic decline
by Galak, Jeff & Kim, Jinwoo & Redden, Joseph P.
- S0749597822000139 Rank extrapolation: Asymmetric forecasts of future rank after rank change
by Pettit, Nathan C. & Doyle, Sarah P. & Kim, Hee Young & Hurwitz, Anat
- S0749597822000140 Hidden costs of text-based electronic communication on complex reasoning tasks: Motivation maintenance and impaired downstream performance
by Gajendran, Ravi S. & Loewenstein, Jeffrey & Choi, Hyeran & Ozgen, Sibel
- S0749597822000164 Medium is a powerful message: Pictures signal less power than words
by Amit, Elinor & Danziger, Shai & Smith, Pamela K.
- S074959782200022X Flexing and floundering in the on-demand economy: Narrative identity construction under algorithmic management
by Anicich, Eric M.
2022, Volume 168, Issue C
- S0749597821000911 The accurate judgment of social network characteristics in the lab and field using thin slices of the behavioral stream
by Mobasseri, Sanaz & Stein, Daniel H. & Carney, Dana R.
- S0749597821000923 Talking shop: An exploration of how talking about work affects our initial interactions
by Martin, Sean R. & Harrison, Spencer H. & Hoopes, Charlotte & Schroeder, Juliana & Belmi, Peter R.
- S0749597821000935 The power of defaults in intergroup conflict
by Böhm, Robert & Halevy, Nir & Kugler, Tamar
- S0749597821001023 In the face of self-threat: Why ambivalence heightens people’s willingness to act
by Reich, Taly & Fulmer, Alexander G. & Dhar, Ravi
- S0749597821001035 Illumination and elbow grease: A theory of how mental models of the creative process influence creativity
by Lucas, Brian J. & Mai, Ke Michael
- S0749597821001047 When we should care more about relationships than favorable deal terms in negotiation: The economic relevance of relational outcomes (ERRO)
by Hart, Einav & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- S0749597821001059 Norms for Behavioral Change (NBC) model: How injunctive norms and enforcement shift descriptive norms in science
by Yip, Jeremy A. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- S0749597821001060 Better now than later: The social cost of victims’ delayed accusations
by Raj, Medha & Wiltermuth, Scott S.
- S0749597821001072 Open Science at OBHDP
by Moore, Don A. & Thau, Stefan & Zhong, Chenbo & Gino, Francesca
- S0749597821001084 Fragile or robust? Differential effects of gender threats in the workplace among men and women
by Leavitt, Keith & Zhu, Luke (Lei) & Klotz, Anthony & Kouchaki, Maryam
- S0749597821001096 Doing good for (maybe) nothing: How reward uncertainty shapes observer responses to prosocial behavior
by Silver, Ike & Silverman, Jackie
2021, Volume 167, Issue C
- 1-17 A gender gap in managerial span of control: Implications for the gender pay gap
by Lee, Margaret & Kray, Laura J.
- 18-27 Pre-registration: Weighing costs and benefits for researchers
by Logg, Jennifer M. & Dorison, Charles A.
- 28-41 A relational account of low power: The role of the attachment system in reduced proactivity
by Pai, Jieun & Whitson, Jennifer & Kim, Junha & Lee, Sujin
- 42-56 Financial shame spirals: How shame intensifies financial hardship
by Gladstone, Joe J. & Jachimowicz, Jon M. & Greenberg, Adam Eric & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 57-71 Perceptions of conflict: Parochial cooperation and outgroup spite revisited
by Weisel, Ori & Zultan, Ro’i
- 72-87 Using fresh starts to nudge increased retirement savings
by Beshears, John & Dai, Hengchen & Milkman, Katherine L. & Benartzi, Shlomo
- 88-100 Helping the organization but hurting yourself: How employees’ unethical pro-organizational behavior predicts work-to-life conflict
by Liu, Xin Lucy & Lu, Jackson G. & Zhang, Hongyu & Cai, Yahua
- 101-113 The divergent impact of reward magnitude on goal eagerness and effort investment
by Jin, Liyin & Xu, Qian & Wang, Yajin & Zhang, Ying
- 114-128 You don’t need to answer right away! Receivers overestimate how quickly senders expect responses to non-urgent work emails
by Giurge, Laura M. & Bohns, Vanessa K.
- 129-143 Social class background, disjoint agency, and hiring decisions
by Sharps, Daron L. & Anderson, Cameron
- 144-156 Better to give than to receive (or seek) help? The interpersonal dynamics of maintaining a reputation for creativity
by Carnevale, Joel B. & Huang, Lei & Vincent, Lynne C. & Farmer, Steven & Wang, Lin
- 157-169 Setting the stage for negotiations: How superordinate goal dialogues promote trust and joint gain in negotiations between teams
by Swaab, Roderick I. & Lount, Robert B. & Chung, Seunghoo & Brett, Jeanne M.
- 170-188 Rewarding morality: How corporate social responsibility shapes top management team compensation votes
by Fehr, Ryan & Gupta, Abhinav & Guarana, Cristiano
- 189-205 Going far together by being here now: Mindfulness increases cooperation in negotiations
by Masters-Waage, Theodore C. & Nai, Jared & Reb, Jochen & Sim, Samantha & Narayanan, Jayanth & Tan, Noriko
- 206-221 Against the odds: Developing underdog versus favorite narratives to offset prior experiences of discrimination
by Nurmohamed, Samir & Kundro, Timothy G. & Myers, Christopher G.
2021, Volume 166, Issue C
- 9-19 Crafting messages to fight dishonesty: A field investigation of the effects of social norms and watching eye cues on fare evasion
by Ayal, Shahar & Celse, Jérémy & Hochman, Guy
- 20-26 I’ll be there: Promises in the field
by Rong, Rong & Barton, Jared
- 27-38 Patient responses to physician disclosures of industry conflicts of interest: A randomized field experiment
by Rose, Susannah L. & Sah, Sunita & Dweik, Raed & Schmidt, Cory & Mercer, MaryBeth & Mitchum, Ariane & Kattan, Michael & Karafa, Matthew & Robertson, Christopher
- 39-48 Social distance, trust and getting “hooked”: A phishing expedition
by Martin, Sean R. & Lee, Julia J. & Parmar, Bidhan Lalit
- 49-67 The evolution of unethical behavior engagement amongst longshoremen in France: A 70-year perspective
by Andiappan, Meena & Dufour, Lucas
- 68-83 When weak sanctioning systems work: Evidence from auto insurance industry fraud investigations
by Warren, Danielle E. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 84-103 The motivation of mission statements: How regulatory mode influences workplace discrimination
by Kanze, Dana & Conley, Mark A. & Higgins, E. Tory
- 104-116 Reprint of “Predicting employee wrongdoing: The complementary effect of CEO option pay and the pay gap”
by Smulowitz, Stephen J. & Almandoz, Juan (“John”)
- 117-136 Differences in consumer-benefiting misconduct by nonprofit, for-profit, and public organizations
by Burbano, Vanessa C. & Ostler, James
- 137-148 Horseshoes, hand grenades, and regulatory enforcement: Close experience with potential sanctions and fraud deterrence
by Douthit, Jeremy & Millar, Melanie & White, Roger M.
- 149-165 Using allegations to understand selection bias in organizations: Misconduct in the Chicago Police Department
by Stroube, Bryan K.
- 166-178 The race discipline gap: A cautionary note on archival measures of behavioral misconduct
by Walter, Sheryl L. & Gonzalez-Mulé, Erik & Guarana, Cristiano L. & O'Boyle, Ernest H. & Berry, Christopher M. & Baldwin, Timothy T.
- 179-193 The valley of trust: The effect of relational strength on monitoring quality
by Aven, Brandy & Morse, Lily & Iorio, Alessandro
- 194-203 Repeated engagement in misconduct by executives involved with financial restatements
by Khanna, Poonam & Khan, Sarfraz A. & Krasikova, Dina & Miller, Stewart R.
2021, Volume 165, Issue C
- 1-20 Just because you're powerless doesn't mean they aren't out to get you: Low power, paranoia, and aggression
by Schaerer, Michael & Foulk, Trevor & du Plessis, Christilene & Tu, Min-Hsuan & Krishnan, Satish
- 21-44 Examining the empirical redundancy of organizational justice constructs
by Le, Huy & Pan, Liyao
- 45-55 The effect of paper outcomes versus realized outcomes on subsequent risk-taking: Field evidence from casino gambling
by Flepp, Raphael & Meier, Philippe & Franck, Egon
- 56-75 What is your status portfolio? Higher status variance across groups increases interpersonal helping but decreases intrapersonal well-being
by Fernandes, Catarina R. & Yu, Siyu & Howell, Taeya M. & Wood Brooks, Alison & Kilduff, Gavin J. & Pettit, Nathan C.
- 76-89 I am not talking to you: Partitioning an audience in an attempt to solve the self-promotion dilemma
by Valsesia, Francesca & Nunes, Joseph C. & Ordanini, Andrea
- 90-102 Is this product easy to control? Liabilities of using difficult-to-pronounce product names
by Leonhardt, James M. & Pechmann, Cornelia
- 103-114 Are they useful? The effects of performance incentives on the prioritization of work versus personal ties
by Hur, Julia D. & Lee-Yoon, Alice & Whillans, Ashley V.
- 115-126 When it pays to be kind: The allocation of indirect reciprocity within power hierarchies
by Inesi, M. Ena & Adams, Gabrielle S. & Gupta, Anurag
- 127-138 The stereotype rub-off effect – Organizational stereotypes modulate behavioural expectations, expectancy violation and punishment after transgressions
by Stiegert, Peer & Täuber, Susanne & Leliveld, Marijke C. & Oehmichen, Jana
- 139-152 Ambivalent bosses: An examination of supervisor expressed emotional ambivalence on subordinate task engagement
by Lim, Jia Hui & Tai, Kenneth & Kouchaki, Maryam
- 153-166 The Impact of Concession Patterns on Negotiations: When and Why Decreasing Concessions Lead to a Distributive Disadvantage
by Tey, Kian Siong & Schaerer, Michael & Madan, Nikhil & Swaab, Roderick I.
- 167-182 A multiattribute attentional drift diffusion model
by Fisher, Geoffrey
- 183-196 Moral signaling through donations of money and time
by Johnson, Samuel G.B. & Park, Seo Young
- 197-212 Work group rituals enhance the meaning of work
by Kim, Tami & Sezer, Ovul & Schroeder, Juliana & Risen, Jane & Gino, Francesca & Norton, Michael I.
- 213-227 Distribution neglect in performance evaluations
by Awtrey, Eli & Thornley, Nico & Dannals, Jennifer E. & Barnes, Christopher M. & Uhlmann, Eric Luis
- 228-249 Same data, different conclusions: Radical dispersion in empirical results when independent analysts operationalize and test the same hypothesis
by Schweinsberg, Martin & Feldman, Michael & Staub, Nicola & van den Akker, Olmo R. & van Aert, Robbie C.M. & van Assen, Marcel A.L.M. & Liu, Yang & Althoff, Tim & Heer, Jeffrey & Kale, Alex & Mohamed, Zainab & Amireh, Hashem & Venkatesh Prasad, Vaishali & Bernstein, Abraham & Robinson, Emily & Snellman, Kaisa & Amy Sommer, S. & Otner, Sarah M.G. & Robinson, David & Madan, Nikhil & Silberzahn, Raphael & Goldstein, Pavel & Tierney, Warren & Murase, Toshio & Mandl, Benjamin & Viganola, Domenico & Strobl, Carolin & Schaumans, Catherine B.C. & Kelchtermans, Stijn & Naseeb, Chan & Mason Garrison, S. & Yarkoni, Tal & Richard Chan, C.S. & Adie, Prestone & Alaburda, Paulius & Albers, Casper & Alspaugh, Sara & Alstott, Jeff & Nelson, Andrew A. & Ariño de la Rubia, Eduardo & Arzi, Adbi & Bahník, Štěpán & Baik, Jason & Winther Balling, Laura & Banker, Sachin & AA Baranger, David & Barr, Dale J. & Barros-Rivera, Brenda & Bauer, Matt & Blaise, Enuh & Boelen, Lisa & Bohle Carbonell, Katerina & Briers, Robert A. & Burkhard, Oliver & Canela, Miguel-Angel & Castrillo, Laura & Catlett, Timothy & Chen, Olivia & Clark, Michael & Cohn, Brent & Coppock, Alex & Cugueró-Escofet, Natàlia & Curran, Paul G. & Cyrus-Lai, Wilson & Dai, David & Valentino Dalla Riva, Giulio & Danielsson, Henrik & Russo, Rosaria de F.S.M. & de Silva, Niko & Derungs, Curdin & Dondelinger, Frank & Duarte de Souza, Carolina & Tyson Dube, B. & Dubova, Marina & Mark Dunn, Ben & Adriaan Edelsbrunner, Peter & Finley, Sara & Fox, Nick & Gnambs, Timo & Gong, Yuanyuan & Grand, Erin & Greenawalt, Brandon & Han, Dan & Hanel, Paul H.P. & Hong, Antony B. & Hood, David & Hsueh, Justin & Huang, Lilian & Hui, Kent N. & Hultman, Keith A. & Javaid, Azka & Ji Jiang, Lily & Jong, Jonathan & Kamdar, Jash & Kane, David & Kappler, Gregor & Kaszubowski, Erikson & Kavanagh, Christopher M. & Khabsa, Madian & Kleinberg, Bennett & Kouros, Jens & Krause, Heather & Krypotos, Angelos-Miltiadis & Lavbič, Dejan & Ling Lee, Rui & Leffel, Timothy & Yang Lim, Wei & Liverani, Silvia & Loh, Bianca & Lønsmann, Dorte & Wei Low, Jia & Lu, Alton & MacDonald, Kyle & Madan, Christopher R. & Hjorth Madsen, Lasse & Maimone, Christina & Mangold, Alexandra & Marshall, Adrienne & Ester Matskewich, Helena & Mavon, Kimia & McLain, Katherine L. & McNamara, Amelia A. & McNeill, Mhairi & Mertens, Ulf & Miller, David & Moore, Ben & Moore, Andrew & Nantz, Eric & Nasrullah, Ziauddin & Nejkovic, Valentina & Nell, Colleen S & Arthur Nelson, Andrew & Nilsonne, Gustav & Nolan, Rory & O'Brien, Christopher E. & O'Neill, Patrick & O'Shea, Kieran & Olita, Toto & Otterbacher, Jahna & Palsetia, Diana & Pereira, Bianca & Pozdniakov, Ivan & Protzko, John & Reyt, Jean-Nicolas & Riddle, Travis & (Akmal) Ridhwan Omar Ali, Amal & Ropovik, Ivan & Rosenberg, Joshua M. & Rothen, Stephane & Schulte-Mecklenbeck, Michael & Sharma, Nirek & Shotwell, Gordon & Skarzynski, Martin & Stedden, William & Stodden, Victoria & Stoffel, Martin A. & Stoltzman, Scott & Subbaiah, Subashini & Tatman, Rachael & Thibodeau, Paul H. & Tomkins, Sabina & Valdivia, Ana & Druijff-van de Woestijne, Gerrieke B. & Viana, Laura & Villesèche, Florence & Duncan Wadsworth, W. & Wanders, Florian & Watts, Krista & Wells, Jason D & Whelpley, Christopher E. & Won, Andy & Wu, Lawrence & Yip, Arthur & Youngflesh, Casey & Yu, Ju-Chi & Zandian, Arash & Zhang, Leilei & Zibman, Chava & Luis Uhlmann, Eric
2021, Volume 164, Issue C
- 1-10 Practice what you preach: Credibility-enhancing displays and the growth of open science
by Kraft-Todd, Gordon T. & Rand, David G.
- 11-26 Humans judge, algorithms nudge: The psychology of behavior tracking acceptance
by Raveendhran, Roshni & Fast, Nathanael J.
- 27-51 Reputational and cooperative benefits of third-party compensation
by Dhaliwal, Nathan A. & Patil, Indrajeet & Cushman, Fiery
- 52-67 A preference for preference: Lack of subjective preference evokes dehumanization
by Lopez, Jessica M. & Woolley, Kaitlin & McGill, Ann L.
- 68-85 Disclosing interpersonal conflicts of interest: Revealing whom we like, but not whom we dislike
by Effron, Daniel A. & Raj, Medha
- 86-101 Ironic Egalitarianism: When hierarchy-attenuating motives increase hierarchy-enhancing beliefs
by Ponce de Leon, Rebecca & Kay, Aaron C.
- 102-115 “Many others are doing it, so why shouldn't I?”: How being in larger competitions leads to more cheating
by Chui, Celia & Kouchaki, Maryam & Gino, Francesca
- 116-135 Emotional acknowledgment: How verbalizing others’ emotions fosters interpersonal trust
by Yu, Alisa & Berg, Justin M. & Zlatev, Julian J.
- 136-146 Reaping a benefit at the expense of multiple others: How are the losses of others counted?
by Barneron, Meir & Choshen-Hillel, Shoham & Yaniv, Ilan
- 147-157 Evolving choice sets: The effect of dynamic (vs. static) choice sets on preferences
by Reich, Taly & Savary, Jennifer & Kupor, Daniella
- 158-178 Divine inhibition: Does thinking about God make monotheistic believers less creative?
by Krause, Verena & Goncalo, Jack A. & Tadmor, Carmit T.
- 179-191 Joy and rigor in behavioral science
by Collins, Hanne K. & Whillans, Ashley V. & John, Leslie K.
- 192-202 Expanding the scope of reproducibility research through data analysis replications
by Hofman, Jake M. & Goldstein, Daniel G. & Sen, Siddhartha & Poursabzi-Sangdeh, Forough & Allen, Jennifer & Dong, Ling Liang & Fried, Brenda & Gaur, Harpreet & Hoq, Adnan & Mbazor, Emeka & Moreira, Naomi & Muso, Cindy & Rapp, Etta & Terrero, Roymil
- 203-217 A dynamic perspective on moral choice: Revisiting moral hypocrisy
by Lin, Stephanie C. & Miller, Dale T.
2021, Volume 163, Issue C
- 6-16 Active choice, implicit defaults, and the incentive to choose
by Beshears, John & Choi, James J. & Laibson, David & Madrian, Brigitte C.
- 17-29 Nudging persistence after failure through emergency reserves
by Sharif, Marissa A. & Shu, Suzanne B.
- 30-42 Isolating the effect of injunctive norms on conservation behavior: New evidence from a field experiment in California
by Bhanot, Syon P.
- 43-50 Designing nudges for the context: Golden coin decals nudge workplace behavior in China
by Wu, Sherry Jueyu & Paluck, Elizabeth Levy
- 51-64 The demotivating effect (and unintended message) of awards
by Robinson, Carly D. & Gallus, Jana & Lee, Monica G. & Rogers, Todd
- 65-79 Using behavioral insights to increase attendance at subsidized preschool programs: The Show Up to Grow Up intervention
by Kalil, Ariel & Mayer, Susan E. & Gallegos, Sebastian
- 80-90 Free-riding and cost-bearing in discrimination
by Li, Xilin & Hsee, Christopher K.
- 91-104 Nudging generosity in consumer elective pricing
by Saccardo, Silvia & Li, Charis X. & Samek, Anya & Gneezy, Ayelet
- 105-116 Mock meat in the butchery: Nudging consumers toward meat substitutes
by Vandenbroele, Jolien & Slabbinck, Hendrik & Van Kerckhove, Anneleen & Vermeir, Iris
- 117-131 Motivating bureaucrats through social recognition: External validity—A tale of two states
by Gauri, Varun & Jamison, Julian C. & Mazar, Nina & Ozier, Owen
- 132-141 Opting-in to prosocial incentives
by Schwartz, Daniel & Keenan, Elizabeth A. & Imas, Alex & Gneezy, Ayelet
- 142-164 More intelligent designs: Comparing the effectiveness of choice architectures in US health insurance marketplaces
by Barnes, Andrew J. & Karpman, Michael & Long, Sharon K. & Hanoch, Yaniv & Rice, Thomas
2021, Volume 162, Issue C
- 1-8 The effect of categories on relative encoding biases in memory-based judgments
by Sharif, Marissa A. & Oppenheimer, Daniel M.
- 9-23 Multi-issue offers strategy and joint gains in negotiations: How low-trust negotiators get things done
by Yao, Jingjing & Brett, Jeanne M. & Zhang, Zhi-Xue & Ramirez-Marin, Jimena
- 24-41 It’s a man’s world! the role of political ideology in the early stages of leader recruitment
by Oc, Burak & Netchaeva, Ekaterina & Kouchaki, Maryam
- 42-58 Don’t fear the meter: How longer time limits bias managers to prefer hiring with flat fee compensation
by Goswami, Indranil & Urminsky, Oleg
- 59-80 The power of lost alternatives in negotiations
by Brady, Garrett L. & Inesi, M. Ena & Mussweiler, Thomas
- 81-94 A concrete example of construct construction in natural language
by Yeomans, Michael
- 95-108 Thinking beyond boundaries: A growth theory of interest enhances integrative thinking that bridges the arts and sciences
by O'Keefe, Paul A. & Horberg, E.J. & Sabherwal, Anandita & Ibasco, Gabrielle C. & Binti Zainal, Adlin
- 109-122 The liking gap in groups and teams
by Mastroianni, Adam M. & Cooney, Gus & Boothby, Erica J. & Reece, Andrew G.
- 123-135 Predicting employee wrongdoing: The complementary effect of CEO option pay and the pay gap
by Smulowitz, Stephen J. & Almandoz, Juan
- 136-154 The (better than expected) consequences of asking sensitive questions
by Hart, Einav & VanEpps, Eric M. & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 155-188 Decision making can be improved through observational learning
by Yoon, Haewon & Scopelliti, Irene & Morewedge, Carey K.
- 189-205 Identity affirmation as a response to justice failure
by Zhu, Luke (Lei) & Aquino, Karl & You, Huan & Yang, Chunjiang
- 206-217 Longitudinal relations between workplace mistreatment and engagement – The role of suicidal ideation among employees with mood disorders
by Follmer, Kayla B. & Follmer, D. Jake
- 218-223 Open science and reform practices in organizational behavior research over time (2011 to 2019)
by Tenney, Elizabeth R. & Costa, Elaine & Allard, Aurélien & Vazire, Simine
2020, Volume 161, Issue S
- 3-19 Nudging: Progress to date and future directions
by Beshears, John & Kosowsky, Harry
- 20-35 Teaching temptation bundling to boost exercise: A field experiment
by Kirgios, Erika L. & Mandel, Graelin H. & Park, Yeji & Milkman, Katherine L. & Gromet, Dena M. & Kay, Joseph S. & Duckworth, Angela L.
- 36-38 What is a habit? Diverse mechanisms that can produce sustained behavior change
by Volpp, Kevin G. & Loewenstein, George
- 39-49 Behavior change
by Duckworth, Angela L. & Gross, James J.
- 50-60 Dodging dietary defaults: Choosing away from healthy nudges
by Colby, Helen & Li, Meng & Chapman, Gretchen
- 61-73 Target, distance, and valence: Unpacking the effects of normative feedback
by Bogard, Jonathan E. & Delmas, Magali A. & Goldstein, Noah J. & Vezich, I. Stephanie
- 74-84 Returnable reciprocity: Returnable gifts are more effective than unreturnable gifts at promoting virtuous behaviors
by Zlatev, Julian J. & Rogers, Todd
- 85-94 When wanting closure reduces patients’ patience
by Roberts, Annabelle R. & Fishbach, Ayelet
- 95-101 Designing in-app messages to nudge behavior change: Lessons learned from a weight management app for young adults
by Valle, Carmina G. & Nezami, Brooke T. & Tate, Deborah F.
2020, Volume 161, Issue C
- 1-19 Rethinking reappraisal: The double-edged sword of regulating negative emotions in the workplace
by Feinberg, Matthew & Ford, Brett Q. & Flynn, Francis J.
- 20-33 Going it alone: Competition increases the attractiveness of minority status
by Kirgios, Erika L. & Chang, Edward H. & Milkman, Katherine L.
- 34-48 On the hiring of kin in organizations: Perceived nepotism and its implications for fairness perceptions and the willingness to join an organization
by Burhan, Omar K. & van Leeuwen, Esther & Scheepers, Daan
- 49-64 The Diversity-Uncertainty-Valence (DUV) model of generalized trust development
by Cao, Jiyin & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 65-78 Generosity without borders: The interactive effect of spatial distance and donation goals on charitable giving
by Xu, Alison Jing & Rodas, Maria A. & Torelli, Carlos J.
- 79-92 Power decreases the moral condemnation of disgust-inducing transgressions
by Mooijman, Marlon & Kouchaki, Maryam & Beall, Erica & Graham, Jesse
- 93-108 Show me the … family: How photos of meaningful relationships reduce unethical behavior at work
by Hardin, Ashley E. & Bauman, Christopher W. & Mayer, David M.
- 109-119 Revisiting attribute framing: The impact of number roundedness on framing
by Jain, Gaurav & Gaeth, Gary J. & Nayakankuppam, Dhananjay & Levin, Irwin P.
- 120-141 Man up and take it: Gender bias in moral typecasting
by Reynolds, Tania & Howard, Chuck & Sjåstad, Hallgeir & Zhu, Luke & Okimoto, Tyler G. & Baumeister, Roy F. & Aquino, Karl & Kim, JongHan
- 142-157 Anticipated temporal landmarks undermine motivation for continued goal pursuit
by Koo, Minjung & Dai, Hengchen & Mai, Ke Michael & Song, Camilla Eunyoung
- 158-175 How income and the economic evaluation of time affect who we socialize with outside of work
by Pai, Jieun & DeVoe, Sanford E. & Pfeffer, Jeffrey
- 176-187 A new look at employee happiness: How employees’ perceptions of a job as offering experiences versus objects to customers influence job-related happiness
by Bastos, Wilson & Barsade, Sigal G.
- 188-200 How does the perceived value of a medium of exchange depend on its set of possible uses?
by Spiller, Stephen A. & Ariely, Dan
- 201-212 Confidence and the description–experience distinction
by Lejarraga, Tomás & Lejarraga, José
- 213-227 From whom do we learn group norms? Low-ranking group members are perceived as the best sources
by Dannals, Jennifer E. & Reit, Emily S. & Miller, Dale T.
- 228-241 Goal-setting reloaded: The influence of minimal and maximal goal standards on task satisfaction and goal striving after performance feedback
by Giessner, Steffen R. & Stam, Daan & Kerschreiter, Rudolf & Verboon, Danny & Salama, Ibrahim
- 242-254 The dark side of creativity: Coworker envy and ostracism as a response to employee creativity
by Breidenthal, Amy P. & Liu, Dong & Bai, Yuntao & Mao, Yina
- 255-273 Face threat sensitivity in distributive negotiations: Effects on negotiator self-esteem and demands
by Tuncel, Ece & Kong, Dejun Tony & McLean Parks, Judi & van Kleef, Gerben A.
- 274-290 Compensatory conspicuous communication: Low status increases jargon use
by Brown, Zachariah C. & Anicich, Eric M. & Galinsky, Adam D.
- 291-309 Creative destruction in science
by Tierney, Warren & Hardy, Jay H. & Ebersole, Charles R. & Leavitt, Keith & Viganola, Domenico & Clemente, Elena Giulia & Gordon, Michael & Dreber, Anna & Johannesson, Magnus & Pfeiffer, Thomas & Uhlmann, Eric Luis
2020, Volume 160, Issue C
- 1-18 Gay and lesbian disclosure and heterosexual identity threat: The role of heterosexual identity commitment in shaping de-stigmatization
by Lyons, Brent J. & Lynch, John W. & Johnson, Tiffany D.
- 19-35 Small steps to accuracy: Incremental belief updaters are better forecasters
by Atanasov, Pavel & Witkowski, Jens & Ungar, Lyle & Mellers, Barbara & Tetlock, Philip
- 36-50 Feeling authentic serves as a buffer against rejection
by Gino, Francesca & Kouchaki, Maryam
- 51-67 When poignant stories outweigh cold hard facts: A meta-analysis of the anecdotal bias
by Freling, Traci H. & Yang, Zhiyong & Saini, Ritesh & Itani, Omar S. & Rashad Abualsamh, Ryan
- 68-86 Feeling proud but guilty? Unpacking the paradoxical nature of unethical pro-organizational behavior
by Tang, Pok Man & Yam, Kai Chi & Koopman, Joel
- 87-105 The conversations we seek to avoid
by Sun, Katherine Qianwen & Slepian, Michael L.
- 106-114 Examining the role of harm-to-others in lay perceptions of greed
by Helzer, Erik G. & Rosenzweig, Emily
- 115-130 Gender, power and emotions in the collaborative production of knowledge: A large-scale analysis of Wikipedia editor conversations
by Gallus, Jana & Bhatia, Sudeep
- 131-148 Conversational receptiveness: Improving engagement with opposing views
by Yeomans, Michael & Minson, Julia & Collins, Hanne & Chen, Frances & Gino, Francesca
- 149-167 When eliminating bias isn’t fair: Algorithmic reductionism and procedural justice in human resource decisions
by Newman, David T. & Fast, Nathanael J. & Harmon, Derek J.
2020, Volume 159, Issue C
- 8-20 Cultivating a conflict-positive workplace: How mindfulness facilitates constructive conflict management
by Kay, Adam A. & Skarlicki, Daniel P.
- 21-38 Helping People by Being in the Present: Mindfulness Increases Prosocial Behavior
by Hafenbrack, Andrew C. & Cameron, Lindsey D. & Spreitzer, Gretchen M. & Zhang, Chen & Noval, Laura J. & Shaffakat, Samah
- 39-48 Does being mindful make people more creative at work? The role of creative process engagement and perceived leader humility
by Cheung, Siu Yin & Huang, Emily G. & Chang, Song & Wei, Liqun
- 49-63 Finding calm in the storm: A daily investigation of how trait mindfulness buffers against paranoid cognition and emotional exhaustion following perceived discrimination at work
by Thoroughgood, Christian N. & Sawyer, Katina B. & Webster, Jennica R.
- 64-77 Mind your own break! The interactive effect of workday respite activities and mindfulness on employee outcomes via affective linkages
by Chong, SinHui & Kim, You Jin & Lee, Hun Whee & Johnson, Russell E. & Lin, Szu-Han (Joanna)
- 78-96 Wherever you go, there you become: How mindfulness arises in everyday situations
by Reina, Christopher S. & Kudesia, Ravi S.
2020, Volume 158, Issue C
- 1-10 It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it: Conversational flow as a predictor of networking success
by Truong, Mindy & Fast, Nathanael J. & Kim, Jennifer
- 11-26 Let’s choose one of each: Using the partition dependence effect to increase diversity in organizations
by Feng, Zhiyu & Liu, Yukun & Wang, Zhen & Savani, Krishna
- 27-35 Actionable recommendations for narrowing the science-practice gap in open science
by Aguinis, Herman & Banks, George C. & Rogelberg, Steven G. & Cascio, Wayne F.
- 36-48 The moral psychology of continuation decisions: A recipe for moral disengagement
by Sherman, Gary D.
- 49-65 What if diamonds did not last forever? Signaling status achievement through ephemeral versus iconic luxury goods
by Desmichel, Perrine & Ordabayeva, Nailya & Kocher, Bruno
- 66-79 Simplification and defaults affect adoption and impact of technology, but decision makers do not realize it
by Bergman, Peter & Lasky-Fink, Jessica & Rogers, Todd
- 83-100 To be or not to be your authentic self? Catering to others’ preferences hinders performance
by Gino, Francesca & Sezer, Ovul & Huang, Laura
- 101-111 Juggling work and home selves: Low identity integration feels less authentic and increases unethicality
by Ebrahimi, Mahdi & Kouchaki, Maryam & Patrick, Vanessa M.
- 112-125 Humility breeds authenticity: How authentic leader humility shapes follower vulnerability and felt authenticity
by Oc, Burak & Daniels, Michael A. & Diefendorff, James M. & Bashshur, Michael R. & Greguras, Gary J.
- 126-138 Do status incentives undermine morality-based status attainment? Investigating the mediating role of perceived authenticity
by Bai, Feng & Ho, Grace Ching Chi & Liu, Wu
2020, Volume 157, Issue C
- 1-45 Fostering creativity across countries: The moderating effect of cultural bundles on creativity
by Yong, Kevyn & Mannucci, Pier Vittorio & Lander, Michel W.
- 46-56 Passing the buck to the wealthier: Reference-dependent standards of generosity
by Berman, Jonathan Z. & Bhattacharjee, Amit & Small, Deborah A. & Zauberman, Gal
- 57-67 Hidden failures
by Eskreis-Winkler, Lauren & Fishbach, Ayelet
- 68-84 When negotiators with honest reputations are less (and more) likely to be deceived
by SimanTov-Nachlieli, Ilanit & Har-Vardi, Liron & Moran, Simone
- 85-102 The effect of childhood socioeconomic status on patience
by Thompson, Debora V. & Hamilton, Rebecca W. & Banerji, Ishani
- 103-114 Slow response times undermine trust in algorithmic (but not human) predictions
by Efendić, Emir & Van de Calseyde, Philippe P.F.M. & Evans, Anthony M.
- 115-128 Antecedents of leaders' power sharing: The roles of power instability and distrust
by Feenstra, Sanne & Jordan, Jennifer & Walter, Frank & Stoker, Janka I.
- 129-142 Does everyone have the potential to achieve their ideal body weight? Lay theories about body weight and support for price discrimination policies
by Li, Shaobo (Kevin) & Kokkoris, Michail D. & Savani, Krishna
- 143-158 The “fixed” pie perception and strategy in dyadic versus multiparty negotiations
by Kern, Mary C. & Brett, Jeanne M. & Weingart, Laurie R. & Eck, Chase S.
- 159-176 Culture and social hierarchy: Collectivism as a driver of the relationship between power and status
by To, Christopher & Leslie, Lisa M. & Torelli, Carlos J. & Stoner, Jennifer L.
2020, Volume 156, Issue C
- 1-12 Organizational costs of compensating for mind-body dissonance through conspiracies and superstitions
by Huang, Li & Whitson, Jennifer
- 13-23 Better off and far away: Reactions to others’ outcomes depends on their distance
by Yudkin, Daniel A. & Liberman, Nira & Wakslak, Cheryl & Trope, Yaacov
- 24-37 Shifting focus: The influence of affective diversity on team creativity
by Emich, Kyle J. & Vincent, Lynne C.
- 38-52 The stress-relieving benefits of positively experienced social sexual behavior in the workplace
by Sheppard, Leah D. & O'Reilly, Jane & van Dijke, Marius & Restubog, Simon Lloyd D. & Aquino, Karl
- 53-68 Lead the horse to water, but don’t make him drink: The effects of moral identity symbolization on coworker behavior depend on perceptions of proselytization
by Zhu, Luke (Lei) & Restubog, Simon Lloyd D. & Leavitt, Keith & Zhou, Le & Wang, Mo
- 69-81 Thanks for your ideas: Gratitude and team creativity
by Pillay, Nashita & Park, Guihyun & Kim, Ye Kang & Lee, Sujin
- 82-96 Advice in the presence of external cues: The impact of conflicting judgments on perceptions of expertise
by Palmeira, Mauricio
- 97-112 How lacking control drives fluency effects in evaluative judgment
by Blair, Sean
- 113-134 When leaders ask questions: Can humility premiums buffer the effects of competence penalties?
by Cojuharenco, Irina & Karelaia, Natalia
- 135-154 Fibbing about your feelings: How feigning happiness in the face of personal hardship affects trust
by Levine, Emma E. & Wald, Kristina A.
- 155-175 Getting to less: When negotiating harms post-agreement performance
by Hart, Einav & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 176-189 History backfires: Reminders of past injustices against women undermine support for workplace policies promoting women
by Hideg, Ivona & Wilson, Anne E.
2019, Volume 155, Issue C
- 1-6 The role of paradox theory in decision making and management research
by Waldman, David A. & Putnam, Linda L. & Miron-Spektor, Ella & Siegel, Donald
- 7-19 Creativity under workload pressure and integrative complexity: The double-edged sword of paradoxical leadership
by Shao, Yan & Nijstad, Bernard A. & Täuber, Susanne
- 20-30 A paradox perspective on the interactive effects of visionary and empowering leadership
by Kearney, Eric & Shemla, Meir & van Knippenberg, Daan & Scholz, Florian A.
- 31-41 Toward a theory of meta-paradoxical leadership
by Pearce, Craig L. & Wassenaar, Christina L. & Berson, Yair & Tuval-Mashiach, Rivka
- 42-54 Paradoxical leader behavior in long-term corporate development: Antecedents and consequences
by Zhang, Yan & Han, Yu-Lan
- 55-67 How organizational actors live out paradoxical tensions through power relations: The case of a youth prison
by Wenzel, Matthias & Koch, Jochen & Cornelissen, Joep P. & Rothmann, Wasko & Senf, N. Natalie