Why is it so hard to do my work? The challenge of attention residue when switching between work tasks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- De Dreu, Carsten K. W., 2003. "Time pressure and closing of the mind in negotiation," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 280-295, July.
- Mayseless, Ofra & Kruglanski, Arie W., 1987. "What makes you so sure? Effects of epistemic motivations on judgmental confidence," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 162-183, April.
- Chakravarti, Amitav & Janiszewski, Chris, 2003. " The Influence of Macro-level Motives on Consideration Set Composition in Novel Purchase Situations," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 244-258, September.
- Lim, Stephen Ghee-Soon & Murnighan, J. Keith, 1994. "Phases, Deadlines, and the Bargaining Process," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 153-171, May.
- Weenig, Mieneke W. H. & Maarleveld, Marleen, 2002. "The impact of time constraint on information search strategies in complex choice tasks," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 689-702, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miron-Spektor, Ella & Beenen, Gerard, 2015. "Motivating creativity: The effects of sequential and simultaneous learning and performance achievement goals on product novelty and usefulness," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 53-65.
- Leroy, Sophie & Schmidt, Aaron M., 2016. "The effect of regulatory focus on attention residue and performance during interruptions," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 218-235.
- Lu, Jackson G. & Akinola, Modupe & Mason, Malia F., 2017. "“Switching On” creativity: Task switching can increase creativity by reducing cognitive fixation," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 63-75.
- Bertolotti, Fabiola & Mattarelli, Elisa & Vignoli, Matteo & Macrì, Diego Maria, 2015. "Exploring the relationship between multiple team membership and team performance: The role of social networks and collaborative technology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 911-924.
- Long, James H. & Basoglu, K. Asli, 2016. "The impact of task interruption on tax accountants' professional judgment," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 96-113.
More about this item
KeywordsTask transitions Attention Time Task performance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:109:y:2009:i:2:p:168-181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .