Angel group members' decision process and rejection criteria: A longitudinal analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- William R. Kerr & Josh Lerner & Antoinette Schoar, 2014. "The Consequences of Entrepreneurial Finance: Evidence from Angel Financings," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(1), pages 20-55, January.
- Junfu Zhang, 2011.
"The advantage of experienced start-up founders in venture capital acquisition: evidence from serial entrepreneurs,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 187-208, February.
- Zhang, Junfu, 2007. "The Advantage of Experienced Start-Up Founders in Venture Capital Acquisition: Evidence from Serial Entrepreneurs," IZA Discussion Papers 2964, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Haar, Nancy E. & Starr, Jennifer & MacMillan, Ian C., 1988. "Informal risk capital investors: Investment patterns on the East Coast of the U.S.A," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 11-29.
- Dan K. Hsu & J. Michael Haynie & Sharon A. Simmons & Alexander McKelvie, 2014. "What matters, matters differently: a conjoint analysis of the decision policies of angel and venture capital investors," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Zacharakis, Andrew L. & Meyer, G. Dale, 2000. "The potential of actuarial decision models: Can they improve the venture capital investment decision?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 323-346, July.
- Jeffrey E. Sohl, 2007. "The Organization of the Informal Venture Capital Market," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Venture Capital, chapter 14 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Per Strömberg, 2004.
"Characteristics, Contracts, and Actions: Evidence from Venture Capitalist Analyses,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 59(5), pages 2177-2210, October.
- Kaplan, Steven & Strömberg, Per Johan, 2002. "Characteristics, Contracts and Actions: Evidence from Venture Capitalist Analyses," CEPR Discussion Papers 3243, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kaplan, Steven N. & Strömberg, Per, 2003. "Characteristics, Contracts and Actions: Evidence from Venture Capitalist Analyses," SIFR Research Report Series 14, Institute for Financial Research.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Per Stromberg, 2002. "Characteristics, Contracts, and Actions: Evidence from Venture Capitalist Analyses," NBER Working Papers 8764, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Noe, Thomas H & Rebello, Michael J, 1996. " Asymmetric Information, Managerial Opportunism, Financing, and Payout Policies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 637-660, June.
- Jeffrey Sohl, 2012. "The changing nature of the angel market," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Venture Capital: Volume 2, chapter 2, pages iii-iii Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mark Van Osnabrugge, 2000. "A comparison of business angel and venture capitalist investment procedures: An agency theory-based analysis," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 91-109, April.
- Peter Kelly, 2007. "Business Angel Research: The Road Traveled and the Journey Ahead," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Venture Capital, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ucbasaran, Deniz & Alsos, Gry Agnete & Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike, 2008. "Habitual Entrepreneurs," Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship, now publishers, vol. 4(4), pages 309-450, March.
- Dew, Nicholas & Read, Stuart & Sarasvathy, Saras D. & Wiltbank, Robert, 2009. "Effectual versus predictive logics in entrepreneurial decision-making: Differences between experts and novices," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 287-309, July.
- Cassar, Gavin, 2014. "Industry and startup experience on entrepreneur forecast performance in new firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 137-151.
- Zacharakis, Andrew L. & Meyer, G. Dale, 1998. "A lack of insight: do venture capitalists really understand their own decision process?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 57-76, January.
- Geoff Gregson & Sacha Mann & Richard Harrison, 2013. "Business Angel Syndication and the Evolution of Risk Capital in a Small Market Economy: Evidence from Scotland," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(2), pages 95-107, March.
- Hsu, David H., 2007. "Experienced entrepreneurial founders, organizational capital, and venture capital funding," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 722-741, June.
- Dean A. Shepherd, 1999. "Venture Capitalists' Assessment of New Venture Survival," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(5), pages 621-632, May.
- Prowse, Stephen, 1998. "Angel investors and the market for angel investments," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 785-792, August.
- Lisa Feeney & George H. Haines & Allan L. Riding, 1999. "Private investors' investment criteria: Insights from qualitative data," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 121-145, April.
- Maxwell, Andrew L. & Jeffrey, Scott A. & Lévesque, Moren, 2011. "Business angel early stage decision making," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 212-225, March.
- Cheryl R. Mitteness & Melissa S. Baucus & Richard Sudek, 2012. "Horse vs. Jockey? How stage of funding process and industry experience affect the evaluations of angel investors," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 241-267, October.
- Dean A. Shepherd & Andrew Zacharakis, 1999. "Conjoint analysis: A new methodological approach for researching the decision policies of venture capitalists," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(3), pages 197-217, July.
- Scott Shane & Daniel Cable, 2002. "Network Ties, Reputation, and the Financing of New Ventures," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(3), pages 364-381, March.
- Colin Clark, 2008. "The impact of entrepreneurs' oral ‘pitch’ presentation skills on business angels' initial screening investment decisions," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 257-279, April.
- Robert A. Baron & Michael D. Ensley, 2006. "Opportunity Recognition as the Detection of Meaningful Patterns: Evidence from Comparisons of Novice and Experienced Entrepreneurs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(9), pages 1331-1344, September.
- Lockett, Andy & Murray, Gordon & Wright, Mike, 2002. "Do UK venture capitalists still have a bias against investment in new technology firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1009-1030, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jobuve:v:7:y:2017:i:c:p:68-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dutta, Supradeep & Folta, Timothy B., 2016. "A comparison of the effect of angels and venture capitalists on innovation and value creation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 39-54.
- Laurence Cohen & Peter Wirtz, 2018. "Caractéristiques des entrepreneurs, finance entrepreneuriale et trajectoires de croissance," Working Papers hal-01723858, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness angel; Angel group; Financing; Decision process; Experience;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:30:y:2015:i:6:p:808-821. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.