Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:corfin. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcorpfin .
2018, Volume 49, Issue C
- 1-14 Initial public offerings on the UK when-issued market
by Khurshed, Arif & Kostas, Dimitris & Mohamed, Abdulkadir & Saadouni, Brahim
- 15-31 Labor unemployment insurance and firm cash holdings
by Devos, Erik & Rahman, Shofiqur
- 32-53 Volatility and the buyback anomaly
by Evgeniou, Theodoros & de Fortuny, Enric Junqué & Nassuphis, Nick & Vermaelen, Theo
- 54-80 The economics of corporate lobbying
by Cao, Zhiyan & Fernando, Guy D. & Tripathy, Arindam & Upadhyay, Arun
- 81-103 European trade credit use and SME survival
by McGuinness, Gerard & Hogan, Teresa & Powell, Ronan
- 104-119 How has takeover competition changed over time?
by Liu, Tingting & Mulherin, J. Harold
- 120-124 Observations on research and publishing from nineteen years as editors of the Journal of Corporate Finance
by Mulherin, J. Harold & Netter, Jeffry M. & Poulsen, Annette B.
- 125-140 Do venture capital firms benefit from a presence on boards of directors of mature public companies?
by Hasan, Iftekhar & Khurshed, Arif & Mohamed, Abdulkadir & Wang, Fan
- 141-167 Capital structure decisions and the optimal design of corporate market debt prograams
by Martellini, Lionel & Milhau, Vincent & Tarelli, Andrea
- 168-185 Venture capital and career concerns
by Crain, Nicholas G.
- 186-203 Anti-corruption campaigns and corporate information release in China
by Cao, Xiaping & Wang, Yuchen & Zhou, Sili
- 204-224 Product market competition and debt choice
by Boubaker, Sabri & Saffar, Walid & Sassi, Syrine
- 225-251 Worth the wait? Delay in CEO succession after unplanned CEO departures
by Rivolta, Mia L.
- 252-282 Territorial tax system reform and multinationals' foreign cash holdings: New evidence from Japan
by Xing, Jing
- 283-307 Underwriter relationships and shelf offerings
by Humphery-Jenner, Mark & Karpavicius, Sigitas & Suchard, Jo-Ann
- 308-323 Trade credit and product market power during a financial crisis
by Gonçalves, Adalto Barbaceia & Schiozer, Rafael F. & Sheng, Hsia Hua
- 324-343 Private benefits of control and bank loan contracts
by Lin, Chih-Yung & Tsai, Wei-Che & Hasan, Iftekhar & Tuan, Le Quoc
- 344-378 Tax avoidance and cost of debt: The case for loan-specific risk mitigation and public debt financing
by Isin, Adnan Anil
- 379-387 What does it take? Comparison of research standards for promotion in finance
by Netter, Jeffry M. & Poulsen, Annette B. & Kieser, William P.
2018, Volume 48, Issue C
- 1-16 Managerial conservatism, board independence and corporate innovation
by Lu, Jun & Wang, Wei
- 17-33 Large dividend increases and leverage
by Cooper, Ian A. & Lambertides, Neophytos
- 34-48 Credit default swaps and firms' financing policies
by Fuller, Kathleen P. & Yildiz, Serhat & Uymaz, Yurtsev
- 49-75 Institutional investor monitoring motivation and the marginal value of cash
by Ward, Charles & Yin, Chao & Zeng, Yeqin
- 76-93 Executive turnover and the valuation of stock options
by Klein, Daniel
- 94-108 The mitigating effect of bank financing on shareholder value and firm policies following rating downgrades
by Bedendo, Mascia & Siming, Linus
- 109-121 Operational and financial hedging: Evidence from export and import behavior
by Kuzmina, Olga & Kuznetsova, Olga
- 122-147 Bank supply shocks and the substitution between bank and nonbank debt
by Fernández, Ana I. & González, Francisco & Suárez, Nuria
- 148-168 Institutional investors' corporate site visits and corporate innovation
by Jiang, Xuanyu & Yuan, Qingbo
- 169-186 Shareholder litigation rights and the cost of debt: Evidence from derivative lawsuits
by Ni, Xiaoran & Yin, Sirui
- 187-216 Institutional cross-ownership and corporate strategy: The case of mergers and acquisitions
by Brooks, Chris & Chen, Zhong & Zeng, Yeqin
- 217-243 Specialist CEOs and IPO survival
by Gounopoulos, Dimitrios & Pham, Hang
- 244-260 Does improved disclosure lead to higher executive compensation? Evidence from the conversion to IFRS and the dual-class share system in China
by Lu, Jun & Shi, Zhen
- 261-274 Employees' risk attitude and corporate risk taking: Evidence from pension asset allocations
by Guan, Yanling & Tang, Dragon Yongjun
- 275-291 Excess cash, trading continuity, and liquidity risk
by Huang, Winifred & Mazouz, Khelifa
- 292-313 Initial compensation contracts for new executives and financial distress risk: An empirical investigation of UK firms
by Chen, Jie & De Cesari, Amedeo & Hill, Paula & Ozkan, Neslihan
- 314-330 Managerial incentives and strategic choices of firms with different ownership structures
by Banerjee, Shantanu & Homroy, Swarnodeep
- 331-351 In good times and in bad: Defined-benefit pensions and corporate financial policy
by Bartram, Söhnke M.
- 352-374 Shareholders valuation of long-term debt and decline in firms' leverage ratio
by D'Mello, Ranjan & Gruskin, Mark & Kulchania, Manoj
- 375-412 Asset specificity and firm value: Evidence from mergers
by Kim, Joon Ho
- 413-427 Institutional bidding behaviors during IPO bookbuilding: Evidence from Korea
by Eom, Chanyoung
- 428-441 New evidence on managerial labor markets: An analysis of CEO retreads
by Fee, C. Edward & Hadlock, Charles J. & Pierce, Joshua R.
- 442-459 Income smoothing may result in increased perceived riskiness: Evidence from bid-ask spreads around loss announcements
by Yu, Kun & Hagigi, Moshe & Stewart, Scott D.
- 460-473 Are all perks solely perks? Evidence from corporate jets
by Lee, Lian Fen & Lowry, Michelle & Shu, Susan
- 474-491 Differences make a difference: Diversity in social learning and value creation
by Fang, Yiwei & Francis, Bill & Hasan, Iftekhar
- 492-514 The impact of dividend imputation on corporate tax avoidance: The case of shareholder value
by McClure, Ross & Lanis, Roman & Wells, Peter & Govendir, Brett
- 515-541 Accessibility and materialization of firm innovation
by Jia, Ning & Tian, Xuan
- 542-555 Asymmetries in the Firm's use of debt to changing market values
by Ferris, Stephen P. & Hanousek, Jan & Shamshur, Anastasiya & Tresl, Jiri
- 556-578 Organization capital and firm life cycle
by Hasan, Mostafa Monzur & Cheung, Adrian (Wai-Kong)
- 579-596 Bank credit and corporate working capital management
by Chen, Chongyang & Kieschnick, Robert
- 597-614 Firm age, corporate governance, and capital structure choices
by Kieschnick, Robert & Moussawi, Rabih
- 615-637 Peer influence on payout policies
by Adhikari, Binay K. & Agrawal, Anup
- 638-657 Living through the Great Chinese Famine: Early-life experiences and managerial decisions
by Feng, Xunan & Johansson, Anders C.
- 658-679 Regulatory effects on Analysts' conflicts of interest in corporate financing activities: Evidence from NASD Rule 2711
by Chen, Peter F. & Novoselov, Kirill E. & Wang, Yihong
- 680-699 Saving for a rainy day: Evidence from the 2000 dot-com crash and the 2008 credit crisis
by Chen, Hsuan-Chi & Chou, Robin K. & Lu, Chien-Lin
- 700-725 Employee welfare and stock price crash risk
by Ben-Nasr, Hamdi & Ghouma, Hatem
- 726-751 Prospect theory and IPO returns in China
by Wang, Zhiqiang & Su, Bingbai & Coakley, Jerry & Shen, Zhe
- 752-770 Managerial foreign experience and corporate innovation
by Yuan, Rongli & Wen, Wen
- 771-796 Investment timing, reversibility, and financing constraints
by Shibata, Takashi & Nishihara, Michi
- 797-815 Short interest as a signal to issue equity
by Autore, Don M. & Hutton, Irena & Jiang, Danling & Outlaw, Dominque G.
- 816-839 Do qualifications matter? New evidence on board functions and director compensation
by Fedaseyeu, Viktar & Linck, James S. & Wagner, Hannes F.
- 840-856 Corporate financing and target behavior: New tests and evidence
by Chauhan, Gaurav Singh & Huseynov, Fariz
- 857-877 A J-shaped cross-sectional relation between dividends and firm value
by Kim, Soojung & Park, Soon Hong & Suh, Jungwon
2017, Volume 47, Issue C
- 1-22 Does local religiosity affect organizational risk-taking? Evidence from the hedge fund industry
by Gao, Lei & Wang, Ying & Zhao, Jing
- 23-45 Hedge funds in M&A deals: Is there exploitation of insider information?
by Dai, Rui & Massoud, Nadia & Nandy, Debarshi K. & Saunders, Anthony
- 46-71 CEO social capital, risk-taking and corporate policies
by Ferris, Stephen P. & Javakhadze, David & Rajkovic, Tijana
- 72-87 Information leakage in family firms: Evidence from short selling around insider sales
by Sun, Hanwen & Yin, Shuxing
- 88-109 Career concerns and the busy life of the young CEO
by Li, Xiaoyang & Low, Angie & Makhija, Anil K.
- 110-130 Skin in the game: General partner capital commitment, investment behavior and venture capital fund performance
by Jia, Ning & Wang, Dan
- 131-150 CEO compensation and risk-taking at financial firms: Evidence from U.S. federal loan assistance
by Gande, Amar & Kalpathy, Swaminathan
- 151-173 The small IPO and the investing preferences of mutual funds
by Bartlett, Robert P. & Rose, Paul & Solomon, Steven Davidoff
- 174-190 Investor protection and corporate control
by Larrain, Borja & Tapia, Matías & Urzúa I., Francisco
- 191-218 Geographic concentration of institutions, corporate governance, and firm value
by Huang, Xiaoran & Kang, Jun-Koo
- 219-235 Independent director reputation incentives and stock price informativeness
by Sila, Vathunyoo & Gonzalez, Angelica & Hagendorff, Jens
- 236-252 The equity-financing channel, the catering channel, and corporate investment: International evidence
by Kusnadi, Yuanto & Wei, K.C. John
- 253-268 Do investors flip less in bookbuilding than in auction IPOs?
by Neupane, Suman & Marshall, Andrew & Paudyal, Krishna & Thapa, Chandra
2017, Volume 46, Issue C
- 1-24 Product market advertising, heterogeneous beliefs, and the long-run performance of initial public offerings
by Chemmanur, Thomas & Yan, An
- 25-33 Are managers paid for better levels of pension funding?
by Alderson, Michael J. & Betker, Brian L. & Halford, Joseph T.
- 34-50 What do stock price levels tell us about the firms?
by Chan, Konan & Li, Fengfei & Lin, Ji-Chai & Lin, Tse-Chun
- 51-76 What determines horizontal merger antitrust case selection?
by Gao, Ning & Peng, Ni & Strong, Norman
- 77-96 Multinationality and firm value: The role of real options awareness
by Ioulianou, Sophocles & Trigeorgis, Lenos & Driouchi, Tarik
- 97-120 Does cross-listing increase managers' propensity to listen to the market in M&A deals?
by Abdallah, Abed AL-Nasser & Abdallah, Wissam
- 121-138 Informed short selling around SEO announcements
by Deshmukh, Sanjay & Gamble, Keith Jacks & Howe, Keith M.
- 139-153 Media sentiment and IPO underpricing
by Bajo, Emanuele & Raimondo, Carlo
- 154-169 Do managerial risk-taking incentives influence firms' exchange rate exposure?
by Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Hunter, Delroy M. & Zhu, Yun
- 170-185 Who needs big banks? The real effects of bank size on outcomes of large US borrowers
by Biswas, Swarnava (Sonny) & Gómez, Fabiana & Zhai, Wei
- 186-206 What is the shareholder wealth impact of target CEO retention in private equity deals?
by Bargeron, Leonce L. & Schlingemann, Frederik P. & Stulz, René M. & Zutter, Chad J.
- 207-231 Cross-border merger waves
by Xu, Emma Qianying
- 232-247 Private benefits of public control: Evidence of political and economic benefits of state ownership
by D'Souza, Juliet & Nash, Robert
- 248-260 The behaviour of SMEs' capital structure determinants in different macroeconomic states
by Daskalakis, Nikolaos & Balios, Dimitrios & Dalla, Violetta
- 261-283 R&D investments and credit lines
by Guney, Yilmaz & Karpuz, Ahmet & Ozkan, Neslihan
- 284-306 Individualism, democracy, and contract enforcement
by Cline, Brandon N. & Williamson, Claudia R.
- 307-319 The value of restrictive covenants in the changing bond market dynamics before and after the financial crisis
by Simpson, Marc W. & Grossmann, Axel
- 320-341 Languages and corporate savings behavior
by Chen, Shimin & Cronqvist, Henrik & Ni, Serene & Zhang, Frank
- 342-360 The determinants of buyout returns: Does transaction strategy matter?
by Ayash, Brian & Bartlett, Robert P. & Poulsen, Annette B.
- 361-373 The effect of relationships with government-owned banks on cash flow constraints: Evidence from India
by Srinivasan, Anand & Thampy, Ashok
- 374-390 Firm investment in human health capital
by Holland, Sara B.
- 391-410 Stock market listing and the use of trade credit: Evidence from public and private firms
by Abdulla, Yomna & Dang, Viet Anh & Khurshed, Arif
- 411-441 Corporate lobbying and labor relations: Evidence from employee-level litigations
by Unsal, Omer & Kabir Hassan, M. & Zirek, Duygu
- 442-460 Does the choice between fixed price and make whole call provisions reflect differential agency costs?
by Alderson, Michael J. & Lin, Fang & Stock, Duane R.
- 461-476 For love and money: Marital leadership in family firms
by Amore, Mario Daniele & Miller, Danny & Le Breton-Miller, Isabelle & Corbetta, Guido
2017, Volume 45, Issue C
- 1-18 Debt covenants and the speed of capital structure adjustment
by Devos, Erik & Rahman, Shofiqur & Tsang, Desmond
- 19-30 CEO power and matching leverage preferences
by Korkeamäki, Timo & Liljeblom, Eva & Pasternack, Daniel
- 31-63 Inorganic growth strategies and the evolution of the private equity business model
by Hammer, Benjamin & Knauer, Alexander & Pflücke, Magnus & Schwetzler, Bernhard
- 64-83 Equity raising by Asian firms: Choosing between PIPEs and SEOs
by Dahiya, Sandeep & Klapper, Leora & Parthasarathy, Harini & Singer, Dorothe
- 84-103 Do financial analysts play a role in shaping the rival response of target firms? International evidence
by Li, Donghui & Chen, Zhian & An, Zhe & Murong, Michael
- 104-121 Working on the weekend: Do analysts strategically time the release of their recommendation revisions?
by Rees, Lynn & Sharp, Nathan Y. & Wong, Paul A.
- 122-149 Expropriation risk by block holders, institutional quality and expected stock returns
by Hearn, Bruce & Phylaktis, Kate & Piesse, Jenifer
- 150-161 Religion and succession intention - Evidence from Chinese family firms
by Shen, Na & Su, Jun
- 162-175 CEO political ideology and mergers and acquisitions decisions
by Elnahas, Ahmed M. & Kim, Dongnyoung
- 176-202 Do banks and industrial companies have equal access to reputable underwriters in debt markets?
by Carbó-Valverde, Santiago & Cuadros-Solas, Pedro J. & Rodríguez-Fernández, Francisco
- 203-219 Cash conversion cycle and value-enhancing operations: Theory and evidence for a free lunch
by Zeidan, Rodrigo & Shapir, Offer Moshe
- 220-244 Network connections, CEO compensation and involuntary turnover: The impact of a friend of a friend
by Balsam, Steven & Kwack, So Yean & Lee, Jae Young
- 245-261 Determinants and consequences of shareholder proposals: The cases of board election, charter amendment, and profit disposal
by Yeh, Tsung-ming
- 262-293 The impact of interest rates on firms' financing policies
by Karpavičius, Sigitas & Yu, Fan
- 294-317 Reading between the blocks
by Basu, Nilanjan & Paeglis, Imants & Toffanin, Melissa
- 318-332 Shareholder litigation, shareholder–creditor conflict, and the cost of bank loans
by Chu, Yongqiang
- 333-341 Misspecification in event studies
by Marks, Joseph M. & Musumeci, Jim
- 342-359 Litigation risk and institutional monitoring
by Pukthuanthong, Kuntara & Turtle, Harry & Walker, Thomas & Wang, Jun
- 360-377 Intellectual property rights and cross-border mergers and acquisitions
by Alimov, Azizjon & Officer, Micah S.
- 378-400 U.S. class action lawsuits targeting foreign firms: The country spillover effect
by Huang, Xuxing & Rui, Yixuan & Shen, Jianfeng & Tian, Gloria Y.
- 401-427 Corporate fraud and external social connectedness of independent directors
by Kuang, Yu Flora & Lee, Gladys
- 428-466 Direct and indirect risk-taking incentives of inside debt
by Colonnello, Stefano & Curatola, Giuliano & Hoang, Ngoc Giang
- 467-479 The trouble with approximating industry concentration from Compustat
by Keil, Jan
- 480-495 The impact on shareholder value of top defense counsel in mergers and acquisitions litigation
by Krishnan, C.N.V. & Solomon, Steven Davidoff & Thomas, Randall S.
- 496-521 Can investors anticipate post-IPO mergers and acquisitions?
by Anderson, Christopher W. & Huang, Jian & Torna, Gökhan
- 522-539 Does foreign direct investment affect host-country firms' financial constraints?
by Wang, Mengying
- 540-565 Covenant violations and dynamic loan contracting
by Freudenberg, Felix & Imbierowicz, Björn & Saunders, Anthony & Steffen, Sascha
- 566-585 Is board compensation excessive?
by Dah, Mustafa A. & Frye, Melissa B.
- 586-607 The governance transfer of blockholders: Evidence from block acquisitions and earnings management around the world
by Dai, Lili & Dharwadkar, Ravi & Shi, Linna & Zhang, Bohui
- 608-631 Risk and ambiguity in 10-Ks: An examination of cash holding and derivatives use
by Friberg, Richard & Seiler, Thomas
- 632-650 Value creation from M&As: New evidence
by Alexandridis, G. & Antypas, N. & Travlos, N.
- 651-668 The monitoring role of female directors over accounting quality
by García Lara, Juan Manuel & García Osma, Beatriz & Mora, Araceli & Scapin, Mariano
- 669-686 Share buybacks and gender diversity
by Evgeniou, Theodoros & Vermaelen, Theo
- 687-709 The real effect of the initial enforcement of insider trading laws
by Chen, Zhihong & Huang, Yuan & Kusnadi, Yuanto & John Wei, K.C.
2017, Volume 44, Issue C
- 1-14 A pecking order of shareholder structure
by Jiang, Fuxiu & Kim, Kenneth A. & Nofsinger, John R. & Zhu, Bing
- 15-33 Non-dividend protected executive options and dividend policy: Evidence from SFAS 123R
by Canil, Jean
- 34-47 Why do IPO issuers grant overallotment options to underwriters?
by Jiao, Yawen & Kutsuna, Kenji & Smith, Richard
- 48-72 Asymmetric foreign exchange cash flow exposure: A firm-level analysis
by Krapl, Alain A.
- 73-98 The impact of regulation on information quality and performance around seasoned equity offerings: International evidence
by Fauver, Larry & Loureiro, Gilberto & Taboada, Alvaro G.
- 99-125 Performance share plans: Valuation and empirical tests
by Holden, Craig W. & Kim, Daniel S.
- 126-148 The relation among trapped cash, permanently reinvested earnings, and foreign cash
by Laplante, Stacie K. & Nesbitt, Wayne L.
- 149-166 Does the impact of board independence on large bank risks change after the global financial crisis?
by Vallascas, Francesco & Mollah, Sabur & Keasey, Kevin
- 167-192 Political environment, financial intermediation costs, and financing patterns
by Gungoraydinoglu, Ali & Çolak, Gönül & Öztekin, Özde
- 193-214 Firm network structure and innovation
by Chuluun, Tuugi & Prevost, Andrew & Upadhyay, Arun
- 215-232 Unbundling institutions for external finance: Worldwide firm-level evidence
by Knack, Steve & Xu, Lixin Colin
- 233-254 The influence of firm and industry political spending on tax management among S&P 500 firms
by Minnick, Kristina & Noga, Tracy
- 255-274 Judicial efficiency and capital structure: An international study
by Shah, Attaullah & Shah, Hamid Ali & Smith, Jason M. & Labianca, Giuseppe (Joe)
- 275-288 Risk-shifting, equity risk, and the distress puzzle
by Li, Keming & Lockwood, Jimmy & Miao, Hong
- 289-307 Entrepreneurial optimism, credit availability, and cost of financing: Evidence from U.S. small businesses
by Dai, Na & Ivanov, Vladimir & Cole, Rebel A.
- 308-330 Creditor control rights, capital structure, and legal enforcement
by Daher, Mai
- 331-352 Debt covenant design and creditor control rights: Evidence from the tightest covenant
by Wang, Jing
- 353-374 Truncation bias corrections in patent data: Implications for recent research on innovation
by Dass, Nishant & Nanda, Vikram & Xiao, Steven Chong
- 385-387 Memories of Armen
by Woodward, Susan
- 388-404 Who monitors the monitor? The use of special committees by target firms in corporate takeovers
by Boone, Audra L. & Mulherin, J. Harold
- 405-424 Thirty years of shareholder activism: A survey of empirical research
by Denes, Matthew R. & Karpoff, Jonathan M. & McWilliams, Victoria B.
- 425-439 Managerial ability and success: Evidence from the career paths of film directors
by John, Kose & Ravid, S. Abraham & Sunder, Jayanthi
- 440-450 The survival of the U.S. dual class share structure
by Howell, Jason W.
- 451-468 Limited liability and share transferability: An analysis of California firms, 1920–1940
by Bargeron, Leonce & Lehn, Kenneth
- 469-486 Culture and the ownership concentration of public corporations around the world
by Holderness, Clifford G.
- 487-505 Alchian on tenure: Some long awaited empirical evidence
by Brown, William O.
- 506-523 Risk taking in competition: Evidence from match play golf tournaments
by Ozbeklik, Serkan & Smith, Janet Kiholm
- 524-539 Institutional determinants of vertical integration in China
by Fan, Joseph P.H. & Huang, Jun & Morck, Randall & Yeung, Bernard
- 540-560 Explicit employment contracts and CEO compensation
by Song, Wei-Ling & Wan, Kam-Ming
- 561-582 Alchian remembrances
by Maloney, Michael T.
2017, Volume 43, Issue C
- 1-18 Option incentives, leverage, and risk-taking
by Kim, Kyonghee & Patro, Sukesh & Pereira, Raynolde
- 19-38 Political money contributions of U.S. IPOs
by Gounopoulos, Dimitrios & Kallias, Antonios & Kallias, Konstantinos & Tzeremes, Panayiotis G.
- 39-57 Internal capital market inefficiencies, shareholder payout, and abnormal leverage
by Beyer, Brooke & Downes, Jimmy & Rapley, Eric T.
- 58-85 Do fraudulent firms produce abnormal disclosure?
by Hoberg, Gerard & Lewis, Craig
- 86-105 The impact of board gender composition on dividend payouts
by Chen, Jie & Leung, Woon Sau & Goergen, Marc
- 106-121 Independent directors: Less informed but better selected than affiliated board members?
by Cavaco, Sandra & Crifo, Patricia & Rebérioux, Antoine & Roudaut, Gwenael
- 122-138 Countries lending infrastructure and capital structure determination: The case of European SMEs
by Mc Namara, Andrea & Murro, Pierluigi & O'Donohoe, Sheila
- 139-158 Do what you did four quarters ago: Trends and implications of quarterly dividends
by Andres, Christian & Hofbaur, Ulrich
- 159-174 Does an Islamic label indicate good corporate governance?
by Hayat, Raphie & Kabir Hassan, M.
- 175-192 Overconfidence and investment: An experimental approach
by Pikulina, Elena & Renneboog, Luc & Tobler, Philippe N.
- 193-216 Internal governance and performance: Evidence from when external discipline is weak
by Kalodimos, Jonathan
- 217-240 How does analysts' forecast quality relate to corporate investment efficiency?
by Chen, Tao & Xie, Lingmin & Zhang, Yuanyuan
- 241-259 Does index addition affect corporate tax avoidance?
by Huseynov, Fariz & Sardarli, Sabuhi & Zhang, Wei
- 260-287 The role of corporate political strategies in M&As
by Croci, Ettore & Pantzalis, Christos & Park, Jung Chul & Petmezas, Dimitris
- 288-315 Takeover law to protect shareholders: Increasing efficiency or merely redistributing gains?
by Wang, Ying & Lahr, Henry
- 316-339 Does it really matter how a firm diversifies? Assets-in-place diversification versus growth options diversification
by de Andrés, Pablo & de la Fuente, Gabriel & Velasco, Pilar
- 340-353 Controlling shareholders' value, long-run firm value and short-term performance
by Kang, Hyung Cheol & Anderson, Robert M. & Eom, Kyong Shik & Kang, Sang Koo
- 354-377 Corporate social responsibility and capital allocation efficiency
by Bhandari, Avishek & Javakhadze, David
- 378-396 When is good news bad and vice versa? The Fortune rankings of America's most admired companies
by Cheng, Yingmei & Liu, Baixiao & McConnell, John J. & Rosenblum, Aaron
- 397-406 Financial distress and customer-supplier relationships
by Lian, Yili
- 407-428 Organized labor and loan pricing: A regression discontinuity design analysis
by Qiu, Yue & Shen, Tao
- 429-443 Do busy directors influence the cost of debt? An examination through the lens of takeover vulnerability
by Chakravarty, Sugato & Rutherford, Leann G.
- 444-463 Sales of private firms and the role of CEO compensation
by Burns, Natasha & Jindra, Jan & Minnick, Kristina
- 464-479 Managerial myopia, financial expertise, and executive-firm matching
by Anjos, Fernando & Kang, Chang-Mo
- 480-499 Why are firms listed in one country and private in other countries? The role of industry structure, banking sector and legal system
by Bartholdy, Jan & Olson, Dennis
- 500-513 Product market competition, idiosyncratic and systematic volatility
by Abdoh, Hussein & Varela, Oscar
- 514-529 Political freedom and corporate payouts
by Guedhami, Omrane & Kwok, Chuck C.Y. & Shao, Liang
2017, Volume 42, Issue C
- 1-14 Political capital and CEO entrenchment: Evidence from CEO turnover in Chinese non-SOEs
by Cao, Xiaping & Pan, Xiaofei & Qian, Meijun & Tian, Gary Gang
- 15-35 Valuing talent: Do CEOs' ability and discretion unambiguously increase firm performance
by Cheung, Kwok Tong Samuel & Naidu, Dharmendra & Navissi, Farshid & Ranjeeni, Kumari
- 36-54 Earnings smoothing: Does it exacerbate or constrain stock price crash risk?
by Chen, Changling & Kim, Jeong-Bon & Yao, Li
- 55-74 Managerial innovation incentives, management buyouts, and shareholders' intolerance of failure
by Kamoto, Shinsuke
- 75-99 The role of board gender and foreign ownership in the CSR performance of Chinese listed firms
by McGuinness, Paul B. & Vieito, João Paulo & Wang, Mingzhu
- 100-114 Do operating leases expand credit capacity? Evidence from borrowing costs and credit ratings
by Lim, Steve C. & Mann, Steven C. & Mihov, Vassil T.
- 115-130 Trade-based manipulation: Beyond the prosecuted cases
by Neupane, Suman & Rhee, S. Ghon & Vithanage, Kulunu & Veeraraghavan, Madhu
- 131-149 Effects of customer financial distress on supplier capital structure
by Oliveira, Mauro & Kadapakkam, Palani-Rajan & Beyhaghi, Mehdi
- 150-178 Options, equity risks, and the value of capital structure adjustments
by Borochin, Paul & Yang, Jie