Journal of Corporate Finance
2017, Volume 44, Issue C
- 1-14 A pecking order of shareholder structure
by Jiang, Fuxiu & Kim, Kenneth A. & Nofsinger, John R. & Zhu, Bing
- 15-33 Non-dividend protected executive options and dividend policy: Evidence from SFAS 123R
by Canil, Jean
- 34-47 Why do IPO issuers grant overallotment options to underwriters?
by Jiao, Yawen & Kutsuna, Kenji & Smith, Richard
- 48-72 Asymmetric foreign exchange cash flow exposure: A firm-level analysis
by Krapl, Alain A.
- 73-98 The impact of regulation on information quality and performance around seasoned equity offerings: International evidence
by Fauver, Larry & Loureiro, Gilberto & Taboada, Alvaro G.
- 99-125 Performance share plans: Valuation and empirical tests
by Holden, Craig W. & Kim, Daniel S.
- 126-148 The relation among trapped cash, permanently reinvested earnings, and foreign cash
by Laplante, Stacie K. & Nesbitt, Wayne L.
- 149-166 Does the impact of board independence on large bank risks change after the global financial crisis?
by Vallascas, Francesco & Mollah, Sabur & Keasey, Kevin
- 167-192 Political environment, financial intermediation costs, and financing patterns
by Gungoraydinoglu, Ali & Çolak, Gönül & Öztekin, Özde
- 193-214 Firm network structure and innovation
by Chuluun, Tuugi & Prevost, Andrew & Upadhyay, Arun
- 215-232 Unbundling institutions for external finance: Worldwide firm-level evidence
by Knack, Steve & Xu, Lixin Colin
- 233-254 The influence of firm and industry political spending on tax management among S&P 500 firms
by Minnick, Kristina & Noga, Tracy
- 255-274 Judicial efficiency and capital structure: An international study
by Shah, Attaullah & Shah, Hamid Ali & Smith, Jason M. & Labianca, Giuseppe (Joe)
- 275-288 Risk-shifting, equity risk, and the distress puzzle
by Li, Keming & Lockwood, Jimmy & Miao, Hong
- 289-307 Entrepreneurial optimism, credit availability, and cost of financing: Evidence from U.S. small businesses
by Dai, Na & Ivanov, Vladimir & Cole, Rebel A.
- 308-330 Creditor control rights, capital structure, and legal enforcement
by Daher, Mai
- 331-352 Debt covenant design and creditor control rights: Evidence from the tightest covenant
by Wang, Jing
- 353-374 Truncation bias corrections in patent data: Implications for recent research on innovation
by Dass, Nishant & Nanda, Vikram & Xiao, Steven Chong
- 385-387 Memories of Armen
by Woodward, Susan
- 388-404 Who monitors the monitor? The use of special committees by target firms in corporate takeovers
by Boone, Audra L. & Mulherin, J. Harold
- 405-424 Thirty years of shareholder activism: A survey of empirical research
by Denes, Matthew R. & Karpoff, Jonathan M. & McWilliams, Victoria B.
- 425-439 Managerial ability and success: Evidence from the career paths of film directors
by John, Kose & Ravid, S. Abraham & Sunder, Jayanthi
- 440-450 The survival of the U.S. dual class share structure
by Howell, Jason W.
- 451-468 Limited liability and share transferability: An analysis of California firms, 1920–1940
by Bargeron, Leonce & Lehn, Kenneth
- 469-486 Culture and the ownership concentration of public corporations around the world
by Holderness, Clifford G.
- 487-505 Alchian on tenure: Some long awaited empirical evidence
by Brown, William O.
- 506-523 Risk taking in competition: Evidence from match play golf tournaments
by Ozbeklik, Serkan & Smith, Janet Kiholm
- 524-539 Institutional determinants of vertical integration in China
by Fan, Joseph P.H. & Huang, Jun & Morck, Randall & Yeung, Bernard
- 540-560 Explicit employment contracts and CEO compensation
by Song, Wei-Ling & Wan, Kam-Ming
- 561-582 Alchian remembrances
by Maloney, Michael T.
2017, Volume 43, Issue C
- 1-18 Option incentives, leverage, and risk-taking
by Kim, Kyonghee & Patro, Sukesh & Pereira, Raynolde
- 19-38 Political money contributions of U.S. IPOs
by Gounopoulos, Dimitrios & Kallias, Antonios & Kallias, Konstantinos & Tzeremes, Panayiotis G.
- 39-57 Internal capital market inefficiencies, shareholder payout, and abnormal leverage
by Beyer, Brooke & Downes, Jimmy & Rapley, Eric T.
- 58-85 Do fraudulent firms produce abnormal disclosure?
by Hoberg, Gerard & Lewis, Craig
- 86-105 The impact of board gender composition on dividend payouts
by Chen, Jie & Leung, Woon Sau & Goergen, Marc
- 106-121 Independent directors: Less informed but better selected than affiliated board members?
by Cavaco, Sandra & Crifo, Patricia & Rebérioux, Antoine & Roudaut, Gwenael
- 122-138 Countries lending infrastructure and capital structure determination: The case of European SMEs
by Mc Namara, Andrea & Murro, Pierluigi & O'Donohoe, Sheila
- 139-158 Do what you did four quarters ago: Trends and implications of quarterly dividends
by Andres, Christian & Hofbaur, Ulrich
- 159-174 Does an Islamic label indicate good corporate governance?
by Hayat, Raphie & Kabir Hassan, M.
- 175-192 Overconfidence and investment: An experimental approach
by Pikulina, Elena & Renneboog, Luc & Tobler, Philippe N.
- 193-216 Internal governance and performance: Evidence from when external discipline is weak
by Kalodimos, Jonathan
- 217-240 How does analysts' forecast quality relate to corporate investment efficiency?
by Chen, Tao & Xie, Lingmin & Zhang, Yuanyuan
- 241-259 Does index addition affect corporate tax avoidance?
by Huseynov, Fariz & Sardarli, Sabuhi & Zhang, Wei
- 260-287 The role of corporate political strategies in M&As
by Croci, Ettore & Pantzalis, Christos & Park, Jung Chul & Petmezas, Dimitris
- 288-315 Takeover law to protect shareholders: Increasing efficiency or merely redistributing gains?
by Wang, Ying & Lahr, Henry
- 316-339 Does it really matter how a firm diversifies? Assets-in-place diversification versus growth options diversification
by de Andrés, Pablo & de la Fuente, Gabriel & Velasco, Pilar
- 340-353 Controlling shareholders' value, long-run firm value and short-term performance
by Kang, Hyung Cheol & Anderson, Robert M. & Eom, Kyong Shik & Kang, Sang Koo
- 354-377 Corporate social responsibility and capital allocation efficiency
by Bhandari, Avishek & Javakhadze, David
- 378-396 When is good news bad and vice versa? The Fortune rankings of America's most admired companies
by Cheng, Yingmei & Liu, Baixiao & McConnell, John J. & Rosenblum, Aaron
- 397-406 Financial distress and customer-supplier relationships
by Lian, Yili
- 407-428 Organized labor and loan pricing: A regression discontinuity design analysis
by Qiu, Yue & Shen, Tao
- 429-443 Do busy directors influence the cost of debt? An examination through the lens of takeover vulnerability
by Chakravarty, Sugato & Rutherford, Leann G.
- 444-463 Sales of private firms and the role of CEO compensation
by Burns, Natasha & Jindra, Jan & Minnick, Kristina
- 464-479 Managerial myopia, financial expertise, and executive-firm matching
by Anjos, Fernando & Kang, Chang-Mo
- 480-499 Why are firms listed in one country and private in other countries? The role of industry structure, banking sector and legal system
by Bartholdy, Jan & Olson, Dennis
- 500-513 Product market competition, idiosyncratic and systematic volatility
by Abdoh, Hussein & Varela, Oscar
- 514-529 Political freedom and corporate payouts
by Guedhami, Omrane & Kwok, Chuck C.Y. & Shao, Liang
2017, Volume 42, Issue C
- 1-14 Political capital and CEO entrenchment: Evidence from CEO turnover in Chinese non-SOEs
by Cao, Xiaping & Pan, Xiaofei & Qian, Meijun & Tian, Gary Gang
- 15-35 Valuing talent: Do CEOs' ability and discretion unambiguously increase firm performance
by Cheung, Kwok Tong Samuel & Naidu, Dharmendra & Navissi, Farshid & Ranjeeni, Kumari
- 36-54 Earnings smoothing: Does it exacerbate or constrain stock price crash risk?
by Chen, Changling & Kim, Jeong-Bon & Yao, Li
- 55-74 Managerial innovation incentives, management buyouts, and shareholders' intolerance of failure
by Kamoto, Shinsuke
- 75-99 The role of board gender and foreign ownership in the CSR performance of Chinese listed firms
by McGuinness, Paul B. & Vieito, João Paulo & Wang, Mingzhu
- 100-114 Do operating leases expand credit capacity? Evidence from borrowing costs and credit ratings
by Lim, Steve C. & Mann, Steven C. & Mihov, Vassil T.
- 115-130 Trade-based manipulation: Beyond the prosecuted cases
by Neupane, Suman & Rhee, S. Ghon & Vithanage, Kulunu & Veeraraghavan, Madhu
- 131-149 Effects of customer financial distress on supplier capital structure
by Oliveira, Mauro & Kadapakkam, Palani-Rajan & Beyhaghi, Mehdi
- 150-178 Options, equity risks, and the value of capital structure adjustments
by Borochin, Paul & Yang, Jie
- 179-197 Uncertainty and firm dividend policy—A natural experiment
by Buchanan, Bonnie G. & Cao, Cathy Xuying & Liljeblom, Eva & Weihrich, Susan
- 198-220 Do tax havens create firm value?
by Choy, Siu Kai & Lai, Tat-Kei & Ng, Travis
- 221-246 Religion and mergers and acquisitions contracting: The case of earnout agreements
by Elnahas, Ahmed M. & Kabir Hassan, M. & Ismail, Ghada M.
- 247-266 IPO market timing with uncertain aftermarket retail demand
by Santos, Francisco
- 267-286 Dividend policy and earnings management across countries
by He, Wen & Ng, Lilian & Zaiats, Nataliya & Zhang, Bohui
- 287-294 Efficient non-cooperative bargaining despite keeping strategic information private
by Lukas, Elmar & Welling, Andreas
- 295-314 Stock liquidity and dividend payouts
by Jiang, Fuxiu & Ma, Yunbiao & Shi, Beibei
- 315-334 Borrowing beyond borders: Foreign assets, lender choice, and loan pricing in the syndicated bank loan market
by Houston, Joel F. & Itzkowitz, Jennifer & Naranjo, Andy
- 335-355 Why and how do banks lay off credit risk? The choice between retention, loan sales and credit default swaps
by Beyhaghi, Mehdi & Massoud, Nadia & Saunders, Anthony
- 367-391 State capitalism's global reach: Evidence from foreign acquisitions by state-owned companies
by Karolyi, G. Andrew & Liao, Rose C.
- 392-407 The constraints on full privatization: International evidence
by Boubakri, Narjess & Cosset, Jean-Claude & Saffar, Walid
- 408-421 Do state and foreign ownership affect investment efficiency? Evidence from privatizations
by Chen, Ruiyuan & El Ghoul, Sadok & Guedhami, Omrane & Wang, He
- 422-438 Growth and growth obstacles in transition economies: Privatized versus de novo private firms
by D'Souza, Juliet & Megginson, William L. & Ullah, Barkat & Wei, Zuobao
- 439-459 Governmental and independent venture capital investments in Europe: A firm-level performance analysis
by Cumming, Douglas J. & Grilli, Luca & Murtinu, Samuele
- 460-480 Market facilitation by local government and firm efficiency: Evidence from China
by Cull, Robert & Xu, Lixin Colin & Yang, Xi & Zhou, Li-An & Zhu, Tian
- 481-493 The value of government ownership during the global financial crisis
by Beuselinck, Christof & Cao, Lihong & Deloof, Marc & Xia, Xinping
- 494-515 Bank lending, crises, and changing ownership structure in Central and Eastern European countries
by Allen, Franklin & Jackowicz, Krzysztof & Kowalewski, Oskar & Kozłowski, Łukasz
2016, Volume 41, Issue C
- 1-22 Incentive contracting when boards have related industry expertise
by Nanda, Vikram & Onal, Bunyamin
- 23-42 When heirs become major shareholders: Evidence on pyramiding financed by related-party sales
by Hwang, Sunwoo & Kim, Woochan
- 43-65 Capital structure pre-balancing: Evidence from convertible bonds
by Rastad, Mahdi
- 66-80 Bargaining power and trade credit
by Fabbri, Daniela & Klapper, Leora F.
- 81-102 Friends in the right places: The effect of political connections on corporate merger activity
by Ferris, Stephen P. & Houston, Reza & Javakhadze, David
- 103-122 Going public abroad
by Caglio, Cecilia & Hanley, Kathleen Weiss & Marietta-Westberg, Jennifer
- 123-138 Cross-listing and corporate social responsibility
by Boubakri, Narjess & El Ghoul, Sadok & Wang, He & Guedhami, Omrane & Kwok, Chuck C.Y.
- 139-155 Committed anchor investment and IPO survival – The roles of cornerstone and strategic investors
by Espenlaub, Susanne & Khurshed, Arif & Mohamed, Abdulkadir & Saadouni, Brahim
- 156-178 Do labor unions affect firm payout policy?: Operating leverage and rent extraction effects
by Chino, Atsushi
- 179-200 Managerial professional connections versus political connections: Evidence from firms' access to informal financing resources
by Liu, Qigui & Luo, Jinbo & Tian, Gary Gang
- 201-216 Causal effect of analyst following on corporate social responsibility
by Adhikari, Binay K.
- 217-240 State and foreign ownership and the value of working capital management
by Ben-Nasr, Hamdi
- 241-261 Financing uncertain growth
by Li, Jay Y. & Mauer, David C.
- 262-279 Board hierarchy, independent directors, and firm value: Evidence from China
by Zhu, Jigao & Ye, Kangtao & Tucker, Jennifer Wu & Chan, Kam (Johnny) C.
- 280-303 The cost of innovation: R&D and high cash holdings in U.S. firms
by He, Zhaozhao & Wintoki, M. Babajide
- 304-328 Growth opportunities, short-term market pressure, and dual-class share structure
by Jordan, Bradford D. & Kim, Soohyung & Liu, Mark H.
- 329-362 Where does privatization work? Understanding the heterogeneity in estimated firm performance effects
by Brown, David J. & Earle, John S. & Telegdy, Almos
- 363-387 Trust and corporate cash holdings
by Dudley, Evan & Zhang, Ning
- 388-409 Do local causations matter? The effect of firm location on the relations of ROE, R&D, and firm SIZE with MARKET-TO-BOOK
by Carosi, Andrea
- 410-425 Cash holding and control-oriented finance
by Anderson, Ronald W. & Hamadi, Malika
- 426-444 Severance agreements and the cost of debt
by Mansi, Sattar A. & Wald, John K. & Zhang, Andrew (Jianzhong)
- 445-465 Incentives, termination payments, and CEO contracting
by Gillan, Stuart L. & Nguyen, Nga Q.
- 475-501 Trade credit provision and national culture
by El Ghoul, Sadok & Zheng, Xiaolan
- 502-520 Culture and externally financed firm growth
by Boubakri, Narjess & Saffar, Walid
- 521-541 The impact of cultural diversity in corporate boards on firm performance
by Frijns, Bart & Dodd, Olga & Cimerova, Helena
- 542-571 The asymmetric relationship between national cultural distance and target premiums in cross-border M&A
by Lim, Jongha & Makhija, Anil K. & Shenkar, Oded
- 572-590 Trust and the regulation of corporate self-dealing
by Cline, Brandon N. & Williamson, Claudia R.
- 591-609 Why do countries matter so much in corporate social performance?
by Cai, Ye & Pan, Carrie H. & Statman, Meir
- 610-625 The gravity of culture for finance
by Karolyi, G. Andrew
2016, Volume 40, Issue C
- 1-23 Executives' horizon, internal governance and stock market liquidity
by Jain, Pawan & Jiang, Christine & Mekhaimer, Mohamed
- 24-46 Drivers behind the monitoring effectiveness of global institutional investors: Evidence from earnings management
by Kim, Incheol & Miller, Steve & Wan, Hong & Wang, Bin
- 47-60 Dividend initiations, increases and idiosyncratic volatility
by Lee, Bong Soo & Mauck, Nathan
- 61-79 Are employee-friendly workplaces conducive to innovation?
by Chen, Jie & Leung, Woon Sau & Evans, Kevin P.
- 80-96 Going public via special purpose acquisition companies: Frogs do not turn into princes
by Kolb, Johannes & Tykvová, Tereza
- 97-109 Warrants in underwritten IPOs: The Alternative Investment Market (AIM) experience
by Khurshed, Arif & Kostas, Dimitris & Saadouni, Brahim
- 110-127 Measuring the value of intangibles
by Clausen, Saskia & Hirth, Stefan
- 128-141 Bond tender offers in mergers and acquisitions
by Billett, Matthew T. & Yang, Ke
- 142-173 Property crime, earnings variability, and the cost of capital
by Brushwood, James & Dhaliwal, Dan & Fairhurst, Douglas & Serfling, Matthew
- 174-191 When cutting dividends is not bad news: The case of optional stock dividends
by David, Thomas & Ginglinger, Edith
- 192-215 Does going private add value through operating improvements?
by Ayash, Brian & Schütt, Harm
- 216-234 Method of payment and risk mitigation in cross-border mergers and acquisitions
by Huang, Peng & Officer, Micah S. & Powell, Ronan
- 235-253 Corporate governance and the profitability of insider trading
by Dai, Lili & Fu, Renhui & Kang, Jun-Koo & Lee, Inmoo
- 254-275 Policy risk, corporate political strategies, and the cost of debt
by Bradley, Daniel & Pantzalis, Christos & Yuan, Xiaojing
- 276-295 Political uncertainty and cash holdings: Evidence from China
by Xu, Nianhang & Chen, Qinyuan & Xu, Yan & Chan, Kam C.
- 296-314 The second wave of hedge fund activism: The importance of reputation, clout, and expertise
by Krishnan, C.N.V. & Partnoy, Frank & Thomas, Randall S.
- 315-330 Debt callability and investment incentives
by Schall, Lawrence D. & Siegel, Andrew F.
2016, Volume 39, Issue C
- 1-17 Insider sales in IPOs: Consequences of liquidity needs
by Chua, Ansley & Nasser, Tareque
- 18-35 Does risk explain persistence in private equity performance?
by Buchner, Axel & Mohamed, Abdulkadir & Schwienbacher, Armin
- 36-52 Do investors learn from the past? Evidence from follow-on equity issues
by Duca, Eric
- 53-77 Determinants of CEO compensation: Generalist–specialist versus insider–outsider attributes
by Brockman, Paul & Lee, Hye Seung (Grace) & Salas, Jesus M.
- 78-98 Be nice to your innovators: Employee treatment and corporate innovation performance
by Chen, Chen & Chen, Yangyang & Hsu, Po-Hsuan & Podolski, Edward J.
- 99-120 Deviation from target capital structure, cost of equity and speed of adjustment
by Zhou, Qing & Tan, Kelvin Jui Keng & Faff, Robert & Zhu, Yushu
- 121-138 Debtor-in-possession financing, loan-to-loan, and loan-to-own
by Li, Kai & Wang, Wei
- 139-154 Multinationals and cash holdings
by Fernandes, Nuno & Gonenc, Halit
- 155-173 Governance and post-repurchase performance
by Caton, Gary L. & Goh, Jeremy & Lee, Yen Teik & Linn, Scott C.
- 174-192 Diverse boards: Why do firms get foreign nationals on their boards?
by Estélyi, Kristína Sághy & Nisar, Tahir M.
- 193-209 CEO gender, corporate risk-taking, and the efficiency of capital allocation
by Faccio, Mara & Marchica, Maria-Teresa & Mura, Roberto
- 210-221 Relationship banking and conflicts of interest: Evidence from German initial public offerings
by Klein, Peter G. & Wuebker, Robert & Zoeller, Kathrin
- 222-241 Rating friends: The effect of personal connections on credit ratings
by Khatami, Seyed Hossein & Marchica, Maria-Teresa & Mura, Roberto
- 242-262 Leveraged buybacks
by Lei, Zicheng & Zhang, Chendi
- 263-277 Analyst coverage and IPO management forecasts
by Chatalova, Natalia & How, Janice C.Y. & Verhoeven, Peter
- 278-294 Market timing of seasoned equity offerings with long regulative process
by Huang, Yong & Uchida, Konari & Zha, Daolin
- 295-311 Information asymmetry, the cost of debt, and credit events: Evidence from quasi-random analyst disappearances
by Derrien, François & Kecskés, Ambrus & Mansi, Sattar A.
- 312-334 Relative idiosyncratic volatility and the timing of corporate insider trading
by Gider, Jasmin & Westheide, Christian
2016, Volume 38, Issue C
- 1-17 Multinationality as real option facilitator — Illusion or reality?
by Aabo, Tom & Pantzalis, Christos & Park, Jung Chul
- 18-36 The influence of cash flow volatility on capital structure and the use of debt of different maturities
by Keefe, Michael O'Connor & Yaghoubi, Mona
- 37-53 CEO political preference and corporate tax sheltering
by Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Sun, Xian & Wu, Qiang
- 54-76 Institutional trading, information production, and corporate spin-offs
by Chemmanur, Thomas J. & He, Shan
- 77-91 Is price support a motive for increasing share repurchases?
by Liu, Harrison & Swanson, Edward P.
- 92-105 Proximity and IPO underpricing
by Nielsson, Ulf & Wójcik, Dariusz
- 106-125 Why do employees like to be paid with Options?: A multi-period prospect theory approach
by Sun, Lei & Widdicks, Martin
- 126-149 Corporate lobbying, CEO political ideology and firm performance
by Unsal, Omer & Hassan, M. Kabir & Zirek, Duygu
- 150-165 The transformation of banking: Tying loan interest rates to borrowers' CDS spreads
by Ivanov, Ivan T. & Santos, João A.C. & Vo, Thu
- 166-195 Supply of capital and capital structure: The role of financial development
by Antzoulatos, Angelos A. & Koufopoulos, Kostas & Lambrinoudakis, Costas & Tsiritakis, Emmanuel
- 196-217 Board governance, monetary interest, and closed-end fund performance
by Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Mohebshahedin, Mahmood
- 218-248 Do investors care about corporate taxes?
by Brooks, Chris & Godfrey, Chris & Hillenbrand, Carola & Money, Kevin
- 249-271 Does stock price informativeness affect labor investment efficiency?
by Ben-Nasr, Hamdi & Alshwer, Abdullah A.
- 272-293 Does local religiosity matter for bank risk-taking?
by Adhikari, Binay Kumar & Agrawal, Anup
- 294-317 The effects of corporate acquisitions on CEO compensation and CEO turnover of family firms
by De Cesari, Amedeo & Gonenc, Halit & Ozkan, Neslihan
- 318-334 Evasive shareholder meetings
by Li, Yuanzhi & Yermack, David
- 335-344 IPO pricing as a function of your investment banks' past mistakes: The case of Facebook
by Krigman, Laurie & Jeffus, Wendy
- 345-362 The cost of financial flexibility: Evidence from share repurchases
by Bonaimé, Alice A. & Hankins, Kristine W. & Jordan, Bradford D.
- 363-381 Geographic location, foreign ownership, and cost of equity capital: Evidence from privatization
by Boubakri, Narjess & Guedhami, Omrane & Saffar, Walid
2016, Volume 37, Issue C
- 1-23 Political risk and international valuation
by Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R. & Lundblad, Christian T. & Siegel, Stephan
- 24-37 Sentiment traders & IPO initial returns: The Indian evidence
by Clarke, Jonathan & Khurshed, Arif & Pande, Alok & Singh, Ajai K.
- 38-55 Social capital, investments, and external financing
by Javakhadze, David & Ferris, Stephen P. & French, Dan W.
- 56-75 The wealth of private firm owners following reverse mergers
by Greene, Daniel
- 76-92 Convertible bond announcement effects: Why is Japan different?
by Dutordoir, Marie & Li, Hui & Liu, Frank Hong & Verwijmeren, Patrick
- 93-108 Investment efficiency, state-owned enterprises and privatisation: Evidence from Viet Nam in Transition
by O'Toole, Conor M. & Morgenroth, Edgar L.W. & Ha, Thuy T.
- 109-131 Who is successful on the finance Ph.D. job market?
by Volkov, Nikanor & Chira, Inga & Premti, Arjan
- 132-151 Institutional investments in pure play stocks and implications for hedging decisions
by Minton, Bernadette A. & Schrand, Catherine
- 152-172 Media-expressed negative tone and firm-level stock returns
by Ahmad, Khurshid & Han, JingGuang & Hutson, Elaine & Kearney, Colm & Liu, Sha
- 173-192 Directors' and officers' liability insurance and stock price crash risk
by Yuan, Rongli & Sun, Jian & Cao, Feng
- 193-209 Industry IPOs, growth opportunities, and private target acquisitions
by Aktas, Nihat & Cousin, Jean-Gabriel & Ozdakak, Ali & Zhang, Junyao
- 210-228 Captive finance and firm's competitiveness
by Bodnaruk, Andriy & O'Brien, William & Simonov, Andrei
- 229-248 Religion, gambling attitudes and corporate innovation
by Adhikari, Binay Kumar & Agrawal, Anup
- 249-270 Creditor rights, bank competition, and corporate investment during the global financial crisis
by González, Francisco
- 271-286 Can Islamic injunctions indemnify the structural flaws of securitized debt?
by Ebrahim, M. Shahid & Jaafar, Aziz & Omar, Fatma A. & Salleh, Murizah Osman
- 287-308 What's in an education? Implications of CEO education for bank performance
by King, Timothy & Srivastav, Abhishek & Williams, Jonathan
- 309-334 Leaders and followers in hot IPO markets
by Banerjee, Shantanu & Güçbilmez, Ufuk & Pawlina, Grzegorz
- 335-355 Offshore operations and bank loan contracting: Evidence from firms that set up subsidiaries in offshore financial centers
by Ge, Wenxia & Kim, Jeong-Bon & Li, Tiemei & Li, Yutao
- 356-374 Are VC-backed IPOs delayed trade sales?
by Gill, Andrej & Walz, Uwe
- 375-392 Managerial confidence and initial public offerings
by Boulton, Thomas J. & Campbell, T. Colin
- 393-411 Debt maturity structure in private firms: Does the family control matter?
by Díaz-Díaz, Nieves Lidia & García-Teruel, Pedro J. & Martínez-Solano, Pedro
- 412-430 Corporate social responsibility and corporate cash holdings
by Cheung, Adrian (Wai Kong)
- 431-443 The cost of equity for private firms
by Abudy, Menachem & Benninga, Simon & Shust, Efrat
2016, Volume 36, Issue C
- 1-14 Institutional shareholders and SEO market timing
by Hovakimian, Armen & Hu, Huajing
- 15-25 Pyramidal structure, political intervention and firms' tax burden: Evidence from China's local SOEs
by Zhang, Min & M, Lijun & Zhang, Bo & Yi, Zhihong
- 26-53 Women on board: Does boardroom gender diversity affect firm risk?
by Sila, Vathunyoo & Gonzalez, Angelica & Hagendorff, Jens
- 54-74 Corporate bond pricing and ownership heterogeneity
by Huang, Kershen & Petkevich, Alex
- 75-92 Product market effects of real estate collateral
by Alimov, Azizjon
- 93-110 CEO overconfidence and corporate debt maturity
by Huang, Ronghong & Tan, Kelvin Jui Keng & Faff, Robert W.
- 111-130 A balancing act: Managing financial constraints and agency costs to minimize investment inefficiency in the Chinese market
by Guariglia, Alessandra & Yang, Junhong
- 131-156 Are offshore firms worth more?
by Durnev, Art & Li, TieMei & Magnan, Michel
- 157-173 Tax noncompliance and insider trading
by Kallunki, Juha-Pekka & Mikkonen, Jenni & Nilsson, Henrik & Setterberg, Hanna
- 174-189 Political uncertainty and corporate investment: Evidence from China
by An, Heng & Chen, Yanyan & Luo, Danglun & Zhang, Ting
- 190-205 Cash holding adjustments and managerial entrenchment
by Jiang, Zhan & Lie, Erik