Journal of Corporate Finance
2012, Volume 18, Issue 4
- 994-1004 The Brazilian bankruptcy law experience
by Araujo, Aloisio P. & Ferreira, Rafael V.X. & Funchal, Bruno
2012, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 413-432 Internal governance, legal institutions and bank loan contracting around the world
by Ge, Wenxia & Kim, Jeong-Bon & Song, Byron Y.
- 433-450 Corporate investment, government control, and financing channels: Evidence from China's Listed Companies
by Firth, Michael & Malatesta, Paul H. & Xin, Qingquan & Xu, Liping
- 451-475 What drives the valuation premium in IPOs versus acquisitions? An empirical analysis
by Bayar, Onur & Chemmanur, Thomas J.
- 476-495 Market opportunities and owner identity: Are family firms different?
by Cucculelli, Marco & Marchionne, Francesco
- 496-518 The size, concentration and evolution of corporate R&D spending in U.S. firms from 1976 to 2010: Evidence and implications
by Hirschey, Mark & Skiba, Hilla & Wintoki, M. Babajide
- 519-540 Does favorable investor sentiment lead to costly decisions to go public?
by Alimov, Azizjon & Mikkelson, Wayne
- 541-559 Political connections and the cost of equity capital
by Boubakri, Narjess & Guedhami, Omrane & Mishra, Dev & Saffar, Walid
- 560-569 How should firms selectively hedge? Resolving the selective hedging puzzle
by Wojakowski, Rafał M.
- 570-583 The collateral channel: Evidence on leverage and asset tangibility
by Hall, Thomas W.
- 584-597 What happens in acquisitions?
by Fee, C. Edward & Hadlock, Charles J. & Pierce, Joshua R.
- 598-625 Insider trading in takeover targets
by Agrawal, Anup & Nasser, Tareque
- 626-639 Does it cost to be sustainable?
by Humphrey, Jacquelyn E. & Lee, Darren D. & Shen, Yaokan
- 640-663 Endogenous networks in investment syndication
by Wang, Lanfang & Wang, Susheng
- 664-682 Why are firms unlevered?
by Devos, Erik & Dhillon, Upinder & Jagannathan, Murali & Krishnamurthy, Srinivasan
2012, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 207-220 The value of information in cross-listing
by Bris, Arturo & Cantale, Salvatore & Hrnjić, Emir & Nishiotis, George P.
- 221-237 Currency hedging and corporate governance: A cross-country analysis
by Lel, Ugur
- 238-253 Governance reform and IPO underpricing
by Ekkayokkaya, Manapol & Pengniti, Tulaya
- 254-272 The impact of the EU takeover directive on takeover performance and empire building
by Humphery-Jenner, Mark
- 273-290 Risk dynamics surrounding the issuance of convertible bonds
by Zeidler, Felix & Mietzner, Mark & Schiereck, Dirk
- 291-310 CEO pay cuts and forced turnover: Their causes and consequences
by Gao, Huasheng & Harford, Jarrad & Li, Kai
- 311-330 Does property rights protection affect corporate risk management strategy? Intra- and cross-country evidence
by Lin, Chen & Lin, Ping & Zou, Hong
- 331-348 Information precision and IPO pricing
by Zhang, Feng
- 349-372 Is corporate governance risk valued? Evidence from directors' and officers' insurance
by Boyer, M. Martin & Stern, Léa H.
- 373-388 Do Shareholder Tender Agreements inform or expropriate shareholders?
by Bargeron, Leonce L.
- 389-411 Corporate governance in the 2007–2008 financial crisis: Evidence from financial institutions worldwide
by Erkens, David H. & Hung, Mingyi & Matos, Pedro
2012, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-21 Bias in estimating the systematic risk of extreme performers: Implications for financial analysis, the leverage effect, and long-run reversals
by Jones, Steven L. & Yeoman, John C.
- 22-37 Voting with their feet or activism? Institutional investors’ impact on CEO turnover
by Helwege, Jean & Intintoli, Vincent J. & Zhang, Andrew
- 38-64 Managerial personal diversification and portfolio equity incentives
by Hung, Mao-Wei & Liu, Yu-Jane & Tsai, Chia-Fen
- 65-91 Managerial Incentives and the Choice between Public and Bank Debt
by Meneghetti, Costanza
- 92-104 Do they do it for the money?
by Bhattacharya, Utpal & Marshall, Cassandra D.
- 108-123 Bilateral political relations and sovereign wealth fund investment
by Knill, April & Lee, Bong-Soo & Mauck, Nathan
- 124-137 Leverage and pricing of debt in LBOs
by Colla, Paolo & Ippolito, Filippo & Wagner, Hannes F.
- 138-150 Do private equity owners increase risk of financial distress and bankruptcy?
by Tykvová, Tereza & Borell, Mariela
- 151-165 Access to private equity and real firm activity: Evidence from PIPEs
by Brown, James R. & Floros, Ioannis V.
- 166-178 Diversification in the hedge fund industry
by Shawky, Hany A. & Dai, Na & Cumming, Douglas
- 179-192 The effects of venture capital syndicate diversity on earnings management and performance of IPOs in the US and UK: An institutional perspective
by Chahine, Salim & Arthurs, Jonathan D. & Filatotchev, Igor & Hoskisson, Robert E.
- 193-205 Private equity portfolio company performance during the global recession
by Wilson, Nick & Wright, Mike & Siegel, Donald S. & Scholes, Louise
2011, Volume 17, Issue 5
- 1221-1236 Acquisitions and CEO power: Evidence from French networks
by Chikh, Sabrina & Filbien, Jean-Yves
- 1237-1253 Profit or politics? Understanding renationalizations in Russia
by Chernykh, Lucy
- 1254-1271 Are better governed funds better monitors?
by Chou, Julia & Ng, Lilian & Wang, Qinghai
- 1272-1288 BE/ME and E/P work better than ME/BE or P/E in regressions
by Musumeci, Jim & Peterson, Mark
- 1289-1305 Cross-country IPOs: What explains differences in underpricing?
by Banerjee, Suman & Dai, Lili & Shrestha, Keshab
- 1306-1329 Cash holdings and share repurchases: International evidence
by Lee, Bong Soo & Suh, Jungwon
- 1330-1339 Blockholder dispersion and firm value
by Konijn, Sander J.J. & Kräussl, Roman & Lucas, Andre
- 1340-1359 Are there monitoring benefits to institutional ownership? Evidence from seasoned equity offerings
by Demiralp, Ilhan & D'Mello, Ranjan & Schlingemann, Frederik P. & Subramaniam, Venkat
- 1360-1376 A stubborn persistence: Is the stability of leverage ratios determined by the stability of the economy?
by Hanousek, Jan & Shamshur, Anastasiya
- 1377-1388 Corporate equity ownership, investment, and product market relationships
by Clayton, Matthew J. & Jorgensen, Bjorn N.
- 1389-1409 Family control and investment–cash flow sensitivity: Empirical evidence from the Euro zone
by Pindado, Julio & Requejo, Ignacio & de la Torre, Chabela
- 1410-1429 Perks and the informativeness of stock prices in the Chinese market
by Gul, Ferdinand A. & Cheng, Louis T.W. & Leung, T.Y.
- 1430-1444 A bright side of financial constraints in cash management
by Luo, Mi (Meg)
- 1445-1456 Managerial compensation and the debt placement decision
by Albring, Susan M. & Khurana, Inder K. & Nejadmalayeri, Ali & Pereira, Raynolde
- 1457-1474 Firm- and country-level determinants of corporate leverage: Some new international evidence
by Gungoraydinoglu, Ali & Öztekin, Özde
- 1475-1495 Do private equity consortiums facilitate collusion in takeover bidding?
by Boone, Audra L. & Mulherin, J. Harold
- 1496-1509 Financing constraints, cash-flow risk, and corporate investment
by Hirth, Stefan & Viswanatha, Marc
- 1510-1530 Does shareholder approval requirement of equity compensation plans matter?
by Ng, Lilian & Sibilkov, Valeriy & Wang, Qinghai & Zaiats, Nataliya
- 1531-1557 Evidence on the international evolution and convergence of corporate governance regulations
by Martynova, Marina & Renneboog, Luc
- 1558-1579 Stock repurchases and treasury share sales: Do they stabilize price and enhance liquidity?
by De Cesari, Amedeo & Espenlaub, Susanne & Khurshed, Arif
- 1580-1594 Executive compensation in firms with concentrated control: The impact of dual class structure and family management
by Amoako-Adu, Ben & Baulkaran, Vishaal & Smith, Brian F.
- 1595-1618 CEO and board chair roles: To split or not to split?
by Dey, Aiyesha & Engel, Ellen & Liu, Xiaohui
- 1619-1635 Why are shareholders not paid to give up their voting privileges? Unique evidence from Italy
by Bigelli, Marco & Mehrotra, Vikas & Rau, P. Raghavendra
- 1636-1657 Ownership structure, family control, and acquisition decisions
by Caprio, Lorenzo & Croci, Ettore & Del Giudice, Alfonso
September 2011, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 789-808 The adverse selection effect of corporate cash reserve: Evidence from acquisitions solely financed by stock
by Gao, Ning
- 809-831 Convertible security design and contract innovation
by Lewis, Craig M. & Verwijmeren, Patrick
- 832-849 Mergers increase default risk
by Furfine, Craig H. & Rosen, Richard J.
- 850-867 Shell games: On the value of shell companies
by Floros, Ioannis V. & Sapp, Travis R.A.
- 868-887 Employee ownership, board representation, and corporate financial policies
by Ginglinger, Edith & Megginson, William & Waxin, Timothée
- 888-913 Leverage and debt maturity choices by undiversified owner-managers
by Fu, Richard & Subramanian, Ajay
- 914-928 Mutual funds as monitors: Evidence from mutual fund voting
by Morgan, Angela & Poulsen, Annette & Wolf, Jack & Yang, Tina
- 929-946 Does CEO reputation matter for capital investments?
by Jian, Ming & Lee, Kin Wai
- 947-958 Governance and innovation
by Becker-Blease, John R.
- 959-981 How much is reasonable? The size of termination fees in mergers and acquisitions
by Jeon, Jin Q. & Ligon, James A.
- 982-1000 Do more reputable financial institutions reduce earnings management by IPO issuers?
by Lee, Gemma & Masulis, Ronald W.
- 1001-1015 Independent directors and the propensity to pay dividends
by Sharma, Vineeta
- 1016-1027 How do managerial successions shape corporate financial policies in family firms?
by Amore, Mario Daniele & Minichilli, Alessandro & Corbetta, Guido
- 1028-1046 U.S. takeovers in foreign markets: Do they impact emerging and developed markets differently?
by Burns, Natasha & Liebenberg, Ivonne
- 1047-1063 Who benefited from the disclosure mandates of the 1964 Securities Acts Amendments?
by Battalio, Robert & Hatch, Brian & Loughran, Tim
- 1065-1067 Introduction to the special issue on managerial compensation
by Goergen, Marc & Renneboog, Luc
- 1068-1077 Managerial compensation
by Goergen, Marc & Renneboog, Luc
- 1078-1095 CEO pay incentives and risk-taking: Evidence from bank acquisitions
by Hagendorff, Jens & Vallascas, Francesco
- 1096-1115 Bankers' compensation and fair value accounting
by Livne, Gilad & Markarian, Garen & Milne, Alistair
- 1116-1131 The two sides of CEO option grants at the IPO
by Chahine, Salim & Goergen, Marc
- 1132-1157 Us knows us in the UK: On director networks and CEO compensation
by Renneboog, Luc & Zhao, Yang
- 1158-1175 Executive compensation and corporate governance in China
by Conyon, Martin J. & He, Lerong
- 1176-1199 Managerial power theory, tournament theory, and executive pay in China
by Chen, Jing & Ezzamel, Mahmoud & Cai, Ziming
- 1200-1220 Restricting CEO pay
by Dittmann, Ingolf & Maug, Ernst & Zhang, Dan
June 2011, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 391-402 Leverage change, debt overhang, and stock prices
by Cai, Jie & Zhang, Zhe
- 403-417 Corporate governance, external market discipline and firm productivity
by Tian, Gloria Y. & Twite, Garry
- 418-437 Firm size, takeover profitability, and the effectiveness of the market for corporate control: Does the absence of anti-takeover provisions make a difference?
by Humphery-Jenner, Mark L. & Powell, Ronan G.
- 438-456 Securities litigation, withdrawal risk and initial public offerings
by Hao, (Grace) Qing
- 457-473 Do dividends matter more in declining markets?
by Fuller, Kathleen P. & Goldstein, Michael A.
- 474-482 New evidence on what happens to CEOs after they retire
by Lee, Changmin
- 483-501 Optimal payout ratio under uncertainty and the flexibility hypothesis: Theory and empirical evidence
by Lee, Cheng-Few & Gupta, Manak C. & Chen, Hong-Yi & Lee, Alice C.
- 502-525 Corporate hedging versus risk-shifting in financially constrained firms: The time-horizon matters!
by Kuersten, Wolfgang & Linde, Rainer
- 526-540 New estimates of the cost of capital for pharmaceutical firms
by Giaccotto, Carmelo & Golec, Joseph & Vernon, John
- 541-554 Disproportional ownership structure and pay-performance relationship: Evidence from China's listed firms
by Cao, Jerry & Pan, Xiaofei & Tian, Gary
- 555-583 Strategic waiting in the IPO markets
by Çolak, Gönül & Günay, Hikmet
- 584-594 Measuring R&D curtailment among short-horizon CEOs
by Cazier, Richard A.
- 595-611 The effect of merger anticipation on bidder and target firm announcement period returns
by Cornett, Marcia Millon & Tanyeri, Basak & Tehranian, Hassan
- 612-627 The effects of antitakeover provisions on acquisition targets
by Sokolyk, Tatyana
- 628-639 Short selling around dividend announcements and ex-dividend days
by Blau, Benjamin M. & Fuller, Kathleen P. & Van Ness, Robert A.
- 640-648 Financing constraints in nonprofit organisations: A 'Tirolean' approach
by Jegers, Marc
- 649-665 The causes and consequences of securities class action litigation
by McTier, Brian C. & Wald, John K.
- 667-674 Financial flexibility and corporate liquidity
by Denis, David J.
- 675-693 Corporate financial and investment policies when future financing is not frictionless
by Almeida, Heitor & Campello, Murillo & Weisbach, Michael S.
- 694-709 Cash holdings and R&D smoothing
by Brown, James R. & Petersen, Bruce C.
- 710-724 Overinvestment, corporate governance, and dividend initiations
by Officer, Micah S.
- 725-740 The determinants of corporate cash management policies: Evidence from around the world
by Kusnadi, Yuanto & Wei, K.C. John
- 741-758 Firm diversification and the value of corporate cash holdings
by Tong, Zhenxu
- 759-773 Firm structure and corporate cash holdings
by Subramaniam, Venkat & Tang, Tony T. & Yue, Heng & Zhou, Xin
- 774-787 Financial flexibility: Do firms prepare for recession?
by Ang, James & Smedema, Adam
April 2011, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 207-214 Corporate finance and governance in emerging markets: A selective review and an agenda for future research
by Fan, Joseph P.H. & Wei, K.C. John & Xu, Xinzhong
- 215-228 Long term changes in voting power and control structure following the unification of dual class shares
by Lauterbach, Beni & Yafeh, Yishay
- 229-243 Rent-seeking incentives, corporate political connections, and the control structure of private firms: Chinese evidence
by Chen, Charles J.P. & Li, Zengquan & Su, Xijia & Sun, Zheng
- 244-258 The political economy of residual state ownership in privatized firms: Evidence from emerging markets
by Boubakri, Narjess & Cosset, Jean-Claude & Guedhami, Omrane & Saffar, Walid
- 259-271 Government intervention and investment efficiency: Evidence from China
by Chen, Shimin & Sun, Zheng & Tang, Song & Wu, Donghui
- 272-287 Subsidiary divestiture and acquisition in a financial crisis: Operational focus, financial constraints, and ownership
by Zhou, Yue Maggie & Li, Xiaoyang & Svejnar, Jan
- 288-305 Partial acquisitions in emerging markets: A test of the strategic market entry and corporate control hypotheses
by Zhu, PengCheng & Jog, Vijay & Otchere, Isaac
- 306-325 Tunneling or propping: Evidence from connected transactions in China
by Peng, Winnie Qian & Wei, K.C. John & Yang, Zhishu
- 326-351 Corporate choice of banks: Decision factors, decision maker, and decision process -- First evidence
by Ongena, Steven & Tümer-Alkan, Günseli & Vermeer, Bram
- 352-370 Bank ownership and executive perquisites: New evidence from an emerging market
by Luo, Wei & Zhang, Yi & Zhu, Ning
- 371-390 Cooking the books: Recipes and costs of falsified financial statements in China
by Firth, Michael & Rui, Oliver M. & Wu, Wenfeng
February 2011, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-17 Value, valuation, and the long-run performance of merged firms
by Ma, Qingzhong & Whidbee, David A. & Zhang, Athena Wei
- 18-32 Serial acquirer bidding: An empirical test of the learning hypothesis
by Aktas, Nihat & de Bodt, Eric & Roll, Richard
- 33-44 In search of conclusive evidence: How to test for adjustment to target capital structure
by Hovakimian, Armen & Li, Guangzhong
- 45-61 Is "voting with your feet" an effective mutual fund governance mechanism?
by Qian, Meijun
- 62-82 Institutional trading, information production, and the choice between spin-offs, carve-outs, and tracking stock issues
by Chemmanur, Thomas J. & Liu, Mark H.
- 83-107 Corporate governance and the cost of debt: Evidence from director limited liability and indemnification provisions
by Bradley, Michael & Chen, Dong
- 108-121 The informativeness and ability of independent multi-firm directors
by Cook, Douglas O. & Wang, Huabing (Barbara)
- 122-133 Nonnegotiable shares, controlling shareholders, and dividend payments in China
by Huang, Juan Juan & Shen, Yifeng & Sun, Qian
- 134-151 Can CEO dismissals be proactive?
by Ertugrul, Mine & Krishnan, Karthik
- 152-166 The contribution of stock repurchases to the value of the firm and cash holdings around the world
by Haw, In-Mu & Ho, Simon S.M. & Hu, Bingbing & Zhang, Xu
- 167-188 The role of shareholder proposals in corporate governance
by Renneboog, Luc & Szilagyi, Peter G.
- 189-205 Respondable risk and incentives for CEOs: The role of information-collection and decision-making
by Shi, Lan
December 2010, Volume 16, Issue 5
- 609-621 Equity market liberalization and corporate governance
by Bae, Kee-Hong & Goyal, Vidhan K.
- 622-636 Raising capital in emerging markets with restricted Global Depositary Receipts
by Pinegar, J. Michael & Ravichandran, Ravi
- 637-654 The effect of taxes on multinational debt location
by Arena, Matteo P. & Roper, Andrew H.
- 655-678 Temporal resolution of uncertainty, disclosure policy, and corporate debt yields
by John, Kose & Reisz, Alexander S.
- 679-702 Underinvestment, capital structure and strategic debt restructuring
by Pawlina, Grzegorz
- 703-718 Do corporate governance characteristics influence tax management?
by Minnick, Kristina & Noga, Tracy
- 719-735 Derivative usage and firm value: The influence of agency costs and monitoring problems
by Fauver, Larry & Naranjo, Andy
- 736-747 What do dividend reductions signal?
by Jensen, Gerald R. & Lundstrum, Leonard L. & Miller, Robert E.
- 748-766 Blockholder monitoring and the efficiency of pay-performance benchmarking
by Kim, Kyonghee
September 2010, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 383-399 Outside monitoring and CEO compensation in the banking industry
by John, Kose & Mehran, Hamid & Qian, Yiming
- 400-412 Pay-performance sensitivity and firm size: Insights from the mutual fund industry
by Cashman, George D.
- 413-430 Is dividend smoothing universal?: New insights from a comparative study of dividend policies in Hong Kong and the U.S
by Chemmanur, Thomas J. & He, Jie & Hu, Gang & Liu, Helen
- 431-442 Incentive effects of executive compensation and the valuation of firm assets
by O'Connor, Matthew L. & Rafferty, Matthew
- 443-455 Institutional ownership and monitoring: Evidence from financial misreporting
by Burns, Natasha & Kedia, Simi & Lipson, Marc
- 456-468 Anatomy of a regulatory race to the top: Changes in delisting rules at Korea's two stock exchanges, 1999-2002
by Dewenter, Kathryn L. & Kim, Chang-Soo & Novaes, Walter
- 469-486 Subordinate board structures
by Reeb, David & Upadhyay, Arun
- 487-497 Do antitakeover provisions harm shareholders?
by Stráska, Miroslava & Waller, Gregory
- 498-515 Bank reputation in the private debt market
by McCahery, Joseph & Schwienbacher, Armin
- 516-532 The reputation of underwriters: A test of the bonding hypothesis
by Loureiro, Gilberto
- 533-553 Board meetings, committee structure, and firm value
by Brick, Ivan E. & Chidambaran, N.K.
- 554-571 On the causes of volatility effects of conglomerate breakups
by Desai, Chintal A. & Savickas, Robert
- 572-587 Tax reform and payout policy: Do shareholder clienteles or payout policy adjust?
by Korkeamaki, Timo & Liljeblom, Eva & Pasternack, Daniel
- 588-607 Why firms issue callable bonds: Hedging investment uncertainty
by Chen, Zhaohui & Mao, Connie X. & Wang, Yong
June 2010, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 259-275 Investor protection and cross-border acquisitions of private and public targets
by John, Kose & Freund, Steven & Nguyen, Duong & Vasudevan, Gopala K.
- 276-287 Costly refocusing, the diversification discount, and the pervasiveness of diversified firms
by Anjos, Fernando
- 288-301 CEO decision horizon and firm performance: An empirical investigation
by Antia, Murad & Pantzalis, Christos & Park, Jung Chul
- 302-319 Large shareholders and the pressure to manage earnings
by Guthrie, Katherine & Sokolowsky, Jan
- 320-332 Moral hazard, asymmetric information and IPO lockups
by Yung, Chris & Zender, Jaime F.
- 333-351 Economic shock, owner-manager incentives, and corporate restructuring: Evidence from the financial crisis in Korea
by Kang, Jun-Koo & Lee, Inmoo & Na, Hyun Seung
- 352-369 How costly is the Sarbanes Oxley Act? Evidence on the effects of the Act on corporate profitability
by Ahmed, Anwer S. & McAnally, Mary Lea & Rasmussen, Stephanie & Weaver, Connie D.
- 370-381 Bookbuilding vs. fixed price revisited: The effect of aftermarket trading
by Busaba, Walid Y. & Chang, Chun
April 2010, Volume 16, Issue 2
- 137-158 Share repurchases as a potential tool to mislead investors
by Chan, Konan & Ikenberry, David L. & Lee, Inmoo & Wang, Yanzhi
- 159-169 What motivates exchangeable debt offerings?
by Danielova, Anna N. & Smart, Scott B. & Boquist, John
- 170-181 On the decision to go public with dual class stock
by Arugaslan, Onur & Cook, Douglas O. & Kieschnick, Robert
- 182-204 Optimal design of rating-trigger step-up bonds: Agency conflicts versus asymmetric information
by Koziol, Christian & Lawrenz, Jochen
- 205-224 The European Venture Capital and Private Equity country attractiveness indices
by Groh, Alexander Peter & von Liechtenstein, Heinrich & Lieser, Karsten
- 225-235 Can corporate governance deter management from manipulating earnings? Evidence from related-party sales transactions in China
by Lo, Agnes W.Y. & Wong, Raymond M.K. & Firth, Michael
- 236-242 Convex costs and the hedging paradox
by Frestad, Dennis
- 243-258 Investment timing, liquidity, and agency costs of debt
by Hirth, Stefan & Uhrig-Homburg, Marliese
February 2010, Volume 16, Issue 1
- 1-15 The effect of change-in-control covenants on takeovers: Evidence from leveraged buyouts
by Billett, Matthew T. & Jiang, Zhan & Lie, Erik
- 16-37 Have changing takeover defense rules and strategies entrenched management and damaged shareholders? The case of defeated takeover bids
by Ryngaert, Michael & Scholten, Ralph
- 38-52 Upheaval in the boardroom: Outside director public resignations, motivations, and consequences
by Dewally, Michaël & Peck, Sarah W.
- 53-72 Board of directors' responsiveness to shareholders: Evidence from shareholder proposals
by Ertimur, Yonca & Ferri, Fabrizio & Stubben, Stephen R.
- 73-87 Macroeconomic conditions and capital structure adjustment speed
by Cook, Douglas O. & Tang, Tian
- 88-103 A dynamic analysis of executive stock options: Determinants and consequences
by Chen, Yenn-Ru & Lee, Bong Soo
- 104-119 The choice of equity selling mechanisms: PIPEs versus SEOs
by Chen, Hsuan-Chi & Dai, Na & Schatzberg, John D.
- 120-136 Voluntary disclosures and the exercise of CEO stock options
by Brockman, Paul & Martin, Xiumin & Puckett, Andy
December 2009, Volume 15, Issue 5
- 523-542 The medium of exchange in acquisitions: Does the private information of both acquirer and target matter?
by Chemmanur, Thomas J. & Paeglis, Imants & Simonyan, Karen
- 543-561 Learning, hubris and corporate serial acquisitions
by Aktas, Nihat & de Bodt, Eric & Roll, Richard
- 562-572 Option grant backdating investigations and capital market discipline
by Carow, Kenneth & Heron, Randall & Lie, Erik & Neal, Robert
- 573-586 Reexamining the managerial ownership effect on firm value
by Benson, Bradley W. & Davidson III, Wallace N.
- 587-601 The short-term timing of initial public offerings
by Bouis, Romain
- 602-612 Historical market-to-book in a partial adjustment model of leverage
by Liu, Laura Xiaolei
- 613-625 Do venture capitalists give founders their walking papers?
by Heger, Diana & Tykvová, Tereza
September 2009, Volume 15, Issue 4
- 389-411 Determinants of corporate borrowing: A behavioral perspective
by Hackbarth, Dirk
- 412-430 Corporate governance and earnings management at large U.S. bank holding companies
by Cornett, Marcia Millon & McNutt, Jamie John & Tehranian, Hassan
- 431-446 An empirical analysis of the determinants and pricing of corporate bond clawbacks
by Daniels, Kenneth & Diro Ejara, Demissew & Vijayakumar, Jayaraman
- 447-468 Economic impact of political barriers to cross-border acquisitions: An empirical study of CNOOC's unsuccessful takeover of Unocal
by Wan, Kam-Ming & Wong, Ka-fu
- 469-487 Liquidity and employee options: An empirical examination of the Microsoft experience
by Chance, Don M.
- 488-504 Does institutional activism increase shareholder wealth? Evidence from spillovers on non-target companies
by Lee, Dong Wook & Park, Kyung Suh
- 505-522 Value of outside blockholder activism: Evidence from the switchers
by Kim, Woochan & Kim, Woojin & Kwon, Kap-Sok
June 2009, Volume 15, Issue 3
- 273-289 Legal protection of investors, corporate governance, and the cost of equity capital
by Chen, Kevin C.W. & Chen, Zhihong & Wei, K.C. John
- 290-315 What determines the financing decision in corporate takeovers: Cost of capital, agency problems, or the means of payment?
by Martynova, Marina & Renneboog, Luc
- 316-330 An examination of IPO secondary market returns
by Bradley, Daniel J. & Gonas, John S. & Highfield, Michael J. & Roskelley, Kenneth D.
- 331-344 CEO tenure, the risk of termination and firm value
by Brookman, Jeff & Thistle, Paul D.
- 345-357 A framework for the study of expansion options, loan commitments and agency costs
by Egami, Masahiko