Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
May 2000, Volume 18, Issue 4
April 2000, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 383-413 Mergers in symmetric and asymmetric noncooperative auction markets: the effects on prices and efficiency
by Dalkir, Serdar & Logan, John W. & Masson, Robert T.
- 415-444 Product market competition and the industry price-cost markup fluctuations:: role of energy price and monetary changes
by Ghosal, Vivek
- 445-470 With a little help from my friends? Cross-subsidy and installed-base quality in the U.S. telecommunications industry
by Majumdar, Sumit K.
- 471-496 Vertical integration and collusive incentives: an experimental analysis
by Mason, Charles F. & Phillips, Owen R.
- 497-514 The prices of classical recorded music: a hedonic approach
by Harchaoui, Tarek M. & Hamdad, Malika
- 515-535 Do innovations diffuse faster within geographical clusters?
by Baptista, Rui
February 2000, Volume 18, Issue 2
January 2000, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 7-22 Price competition and market concentration: an experimental study
by Dufwenberg, Martin & Gneezy, Uri
- 23-38 Cooperation in symmetric duopolies with demand inertia
by Keser, Claudia
- 39-57 Does information about competitors' actions increase or decrease competition in experimental oligopoly markets?
by Huck, Steffen & Normann, Hans-Theo & Oechssler, Jorg
- 59-80 Location, cooperation and communication: An experimental examination
by Brown Kruse, Jamie & Schenk, David J.
- 81-105 Voluntary disclosure under imperfect competition: experimental evidence
by Ackert, Lucy F. & Church, Bryan K. & Sankar, Mandira Roy
- 107-135 An experimental evaluation of strategic preemption
by Mason, Charles F. & Phillips, Owen R.
- 137-162 Risk dominance selects the leader: An experimental analysis
by Cabrales, Antonio & Garcia-Fontes, Walter & Motta, Massimo
- 163-185 Principals' principles when agents' actions are hidden
by Keser, Claudia & Willinger, Marc
- 187-204 Momentum and overreaction in experimental asset markets
by Caginalp, Gunduz & Porter, David & Smith, Vernon
- 205-225 Predation, asymmetric information and strategic behavior in the classroom: an experimental approach to the teaching of industrial organization
by Capra, C. Monica & Goeree, Jacob K. & Gomez, Rosario & Holt, Charles A.
November 1999, Volume 17, Issue 8
- 1077-1111 Estimating the mark-up over marginal cost: a panel analysis of Japanese firms 1971-1994
by Nishimura, Kiyohiko G. & Ohkusa, Yasushi & Ariga, Kenn
- 1113-1137 Expropriation and control rights: A dynamic model of foreign direct investment
by Schnitzer, Monika
- 1139-1162 Allocation of track capacity: Experimental evidence on the use of priority auctioning in the railway industry
by Nilsson, Jan-Eric
- 1163-1187 Divisionalization and strategic managerial incentives in oligopoly under uncertainty
by Ziss, Steffen
- 1189-1202 Horizontal concentration and anticompetitive behavior in the central Canadian cement industry: testing arbitrage cost hypotheses
by Kleit, Andrew N. & Palsson, Halldor P.
- 1203-1217 On commodity taxation in vertically differentiated markets
by Constantatos, Christos & Sartzetakis, Eftichios S.
- 1219-1230 Net entry behaviour in Greek manufacturing: consumer, intermediate and capital goods industries
by Fotopoulos, Georgios & Spence, Nigel
October 1999, Volume 17, Issue 7
- 917-940 Managerial defections, promotion criteria and firm growth
by Bac, Mehmet & Saglam, Ismail
- 941-951 Bertrand competition under cost uncertainty
by Wambach, Achim
- 953-963 Spatial competition, monopolistic competition, and optimum product diversity
by Vickrey, William S. & Anderson, Simon P. & Braid, Ralph M.
- 965-983 Start-up size and industrial dynamics: some evidence from Italian manufacturing
by Audretsch, David B. & Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco
- 985-1007 The carrying capacity and entry and exit flows in retailing
by Carree, M. A. & Thurik, A. R.
- 1009-1027 The grouping of stars: An application to professional sports
by Frascatore, Mark R.
- 1029-1040 The strategic choice of union-oligopoly bargaining agenda
by Bughin, Jacques
- 1041-1057 Industry concentration and competition: New Zealand experience
by Ratnayake, Ravi
- 1059-1074 An aggregate structural model of competition in the European banking industry
by Neven, Damien & Roller, Lars-Hendrik
August 1999, Volume 17, Issue 6
July 1999, Volume 17, Issue 5
- 611-640 Why do all the flights leave at 8 am?: Competition and departure-time differentiation in airline markets
by Borenstein, Severin & Netz, Janet
- 641-662 Vertical integration or separation of the sales function as implied by competitive forces
by Gal-Or, Esther
- 663-687 The persistence of profit: a new empirical interpretation
by Goddard, J. A. & Wilson, J. O. S.
- 689-715 Transfer-pricing mechanisms: An experimental investigation
by Avila, Marcos & Ronen, Joshua
- 717-734 Cartel stability when costs are heterogeneous
by Rothschild, R.
- 735-750 On the limits and possibilities of the principle of minimum differentiation1
by Hinloopen, Jeroen & van Marrewijk, Charles
- 751-764 Should multiproduct firms provide divisional or corporate incentives?
by Carlos Barcena-Ruiz, Juan & Paz Espinosa, Maria
May 1999, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 455-476 Innovation and investment under financial constraints and product market competition
by Maurer, Boris
- 477-511 Sticky prices in a dynamic oligopoly: An investigation of (s,S) thresholds
by Slade, Margaret E.
- 513-525 A dynamic model of Bertrand competition with entry
by Elberfeld, Walter & Wolfstetter, Elmar
- 527-555 Incumbent firms' response to entry: Price, advertising, and new product introduction
by Thomas, Louis A.
- 557-574 Persuasive advertising in Hotelling's model of product differentiation
by Bloch, Francis & Manceau, Delphine
- 575-592 Federal laboratories as research partners
by Leyden, Dennis Patrick & Link, Albert N.
- 593-609 Access costs and entry in the local telecommunications network: a case for de-averaged rates
by Maher, Maria E.
April 1999, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 299-318 Recovering from a bad reputation: changing beliefs about the quality of U.S. autos
by Nichols, Mark W. & Fournier, Gary M.
- 319-333 Strategic debt: evidence in manufacturing
by Showalter, Dean
- 335-352 Multimarket competition in banking, with an example from the Portuguese market
by Pita Barros, Pedro
- 353-369 Competition in interrelated markets: An empirical study
by Asplund, Marcus & Sandin, Rickard
- 371-398 A model of price promotions with consumer search
by Banks, Jeffrey & Moorthy, Sridhar
- 399-417 Refusals to deal and orders to supply in competitive markets
by Chen, Zhiqi & Ross, Thomas W.
- 419-436 Optimal patent breadth and length with costly imitation
by Wright, Donald J.
- 437-452 Asymmetric private values auctions with application to joint bidding and mergers
by Waehrer, Keith
February 1999, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 147-177 Testing for market power using a dynamic oligopoly model
by Steen, Frode & Salvanes, Kjell G.
- 179-198 Price wars triggered by entry
by Elzinga, Kenneth G. & Mills, David E.
- 199-214 Monopoly pricing with network externalities
by Cabral, Luis M. B. & Salant, David J. & Woroch, Glenn A.
- 215-239 Spillovers from publicly financed R&D capital in high-tech industries
by Mamuneas, Theofanis P.
- 241-257 Process of dominant-cartel formation
by Prokop, Jacek
- 259-275 Demand shifts and market structure in free-entry oligopoly equilibria
by Hamilton, Stephen F.
- 277-288 On the equivalence of resale price maintenance and quantity restrictions
by Reiffen, David
- 289-296 Quantity-setting oligopoly with endogenous sequencing
by Matsumura, Toshihiro
January 1999, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-24 Entry, licensing and research joint ventures
by Yi, Sang-Seung
- 25-57 An empirical oligopoly model of a regulated market
by Pazo, M&z. ausco & Consuelo & Jaumandreu, Jordi
- 59-80 Recycling and market power: A more general model and re-evaluation of the evidence1
by Grant, Darren
- 81-108 Subcontracting relations in the Korean automotive industry: risk sharing and technological capability
by Yun, Mikyung
- 109-135 Information sharing, information free-riding and capital structure in oligopolies
by Dasgupta, Sudipto & Shin, Jhinyoung
- 137-145 Policy objectives and performance in a mixed market with bargaining
by Willner, Johan
November 1998, Volume 16, Issue 6
- 677-695 Thinking creatively about markets
by Geroski, P. A.
- 697-718 Cascading contingent protection and vertical market structure
by Sleuwaegen, Leo & Belderbos, Rene & Jie-A-Joen, Clive
- 719-747 Life duration of foreign multinational subsidiaries: Evidence from UK northern manufacturing industry 1970-93
by McCloughan, Patrick & Stone, Ian
- 749-784 Infant-industry tariff protection with pressure groups
by Miravete, Eugenio J.
- 785-797 Distributional assumptions in the theory of oligopoly information exchange1
by Malueg, David A. & Tsutsui, Shunichi O.
- 799-830 Objectives, topics and methods in industrial organization during the nineties: Results from a survey
by Aiginger, Karl & Mueller, Dennis C. & Weiss, Christoph
September 1998, Volume 16, Issue 5
- 535-554 Risk sharing in licensing
by Bousquet, Alain & Cremer, Helmuth & Ivaldi, Marc & Wolkowicz, Michel
- 555-570 Talking down the firm: Short-term market manipulation and optimal management compensation
by Garvey, Gerald T. & Grant, Simon & King, Stephen P.
- 571-599 Nonverifiability, noncontractibility and ownership determination models in foreign direct investment, with an application to foreign operations in Japan
by Nakamura, M. & Xie, J.
- 601-638 Tariff jumping DFI and export substitution: Japanese electronics firms in Europe
by Belderbos, Rene & Sleuwaegen, Leo
- 639-664 Price flexibility in Japan, 1970-1992: A study of price formation1
by Ariga, Kenn & Ohkusa, Yasushi
- 665-676 Minimum quality standards with more than two firms1
by Scarpa, Carlo
July 1998, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 395-414 Productivity differences in the airline industry: Partial deregulation versus short run protection
by Marin, Pedro L.
- 415-444 Adoption of network technologies in oligopolies
by Belleflamme, Paul
- 445-461 Changing places--the role of heterogeneity and externalities in cumulative processes
by Schmutzler, Armin
- 463-493 Warranties, extended warranties, and product quality
by Lutz, Nancy A. & Padmanabhan, V.
- 495-510 Intensity of competition and the choice between product and process innovation
by Bonanno, Giacomo & Haworth, Barry
- 511-525 Evolutionary trends of industry variables
by Agarwal, Rajshree
- 527-533 Complimentarily yours: Free examination copies and textbook prices: Comment
by Kamp, Brad
May 1998, Volume 16, Issue 3
March 1998, Volume 16, Issue 2
- 139-168 Sunk costs and regulation in the U.S. pesticide industry
by Ollinger, Michael & Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge
- 169-194 Deregulation and quality
by Auriol, Emmanuelle
- 195-208 Optimal asymmetric strategies in research joint ventures
by W. Salant, Stephen & Shaffer, Greg
- 209-228 Receiver discretion in signalling models: Information transmission to competing retailers
by Albaek, Svend & Overgaard, Per Baltzer
- 229-251 Strategic behaviour of incumbent firms in the UK
by Singh, Satwinder & Utton, Michael & Waterson, Michael
- 253-270 Spatial preemption with finitely lived equipments
by Steinmetz, Sebastien
November 1997, Volume 16, Issue 1
- 1-19 Entry deterrence and signaling in markets for search goods
by de Bijl, Paul W. J.
- 21-42 Merger and product range rivalry
by Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Sorgard, Lars
- 43-61 Price signals quality: The case of perfectly inelastic demand
by Ellingsen, Tore
- 63-79 Product differentiation and endogenous disutility
by Hendel, Igal & de Figueiredo, John Neiva
- 81-103 Vertical differentiation: Entry and market coverage with multiproduct firms
by Constantatos, Christos & Perrakis, Stylianos
- 105-120 Equilibrium retail distribution systems
by Gabrielsen, Tommy Staahl
- 121-133 Strategic forward contracting and observability
by Hughes, John S. & Kao, Jennifer L.
October 1997, Volume 15, Issue 6
- 643-675 The economics of path-dependence in industrial organization
by Antonelli, Cristiano
- 677-709 The emergence of path-dependent behaviors in cooperative contexts
by Egidi, Massimo & Narduzzo, Alessandro
- 711-732 A model of demand with interactions among consumers
by Cowan, Robin & Cowan, William & Swann, Peter
- 733-752 The dynamic implications of increasing returns: Technological change and path dependent inefficiency
by Foray, Dominique
- 753-773 "Lock-in" vs. "critical masses" -- Industrial change under network externalities
by Witt, Ulrich
- 775-799 On and off the beaten path: The evolution of four technological systems in Sweden
by Carlsson, Bo
- 801-826 Persistence of innovative activities, sectoral patterns of innovation and international technological specialization
by Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi & Peretto, Pietro
- 827-850 First-mover advantages and path dependence
by Mueller, Dennis C.
August 1997, Volume 15, Issue 5
- 533-533 Dominant firms, price leadership and the measurement of monopoly welfare losses
by Young, David P. T.
- 549-572 Why are retail prices in Japan so high? Evidence from German export prices
by Knetter, Michael M.
- 573-596 On the organization of cooperative research and development: Theory and evidence
by Tao, Zhigang & Wu, Changqi
- 597-616 Temporal patterns of technical efficiency: Results from competing models
by Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Heshmati, Almas & Hjalmarsson, Lennart
- 617-628 The effect of emission taxes and abatement subsidies on market structure: Comment
by Kohn, Robert E.
- 629-634 Mergers and investments in cost reduction with private information revisited
by Kit Pong Wong & Tse, Maurice K. S.
- 635-635 Erratum to "Judo economics reconsidered: Capacity limitation, entry and collusion" [International journal of industrial organization 15 (1997) 349-368]
by Sorgard, Lars
July 1997, Volume 15, Issue 4
- 413-416 Managerial compensation, strategy and firm performance: an introduction
by Barkema, Harry & Geroski, Paul & Schwalbach, Joachim
- 417-425 Executive compensation and the Modern Industrial Revolution1
by Murphy, Kevin J.
- 427-439 On the relationship between intrinsic and extrinsic work motivation1
by Frey, Bruno S.
- 441-454 Managerial discretion and managerial compensation
by Mueller, Dennis C. & Yun, S. Lawrence
- 455-467 Chief executive compensation and corporate groups in Japan: New evidence from micro data
by Kato, Takao
- 469-492 Executive remuneration, executive dismissal and institutional shareholdings
by Cosh, Andy & Hughes, Alan
- 493-509 Corporate governance and executive compensation
by Conyon, Martin J.
- 511-531 The compensation of Spanish executives: A test of a managerial talent allocation model
by Angel, Pedro Ortin & Fumas, Vicente Salas
May 1997, Volume 15, Issue 3
- 283-299 On the competitive effects of price-matching policies
by Corts, Kenneth S.
- 301-325 Barometric price leadership
by Cooper, David J.
- 327-334 Hotelling's competition with demand location uncertainty
by Harter, John F. R.
- 335-347 Adverse selection, waiting lists and restaurant-rationing
by Bose, Pinaki
- 349-368 Judo economics reconsidered: Capacity limitation, entry and collusion
by Sorgard, Lars
- 369-390 Patents or prizes: Monopolistic R&D and asymmetric information
by de Laat, Eric A. A.
- 391-412 Multimarket contact and pricing: Evidence from the U.S. cement industry
by Jans, Ivette & Rosenbaum, David I.
April 1997, Volume 15, Issue 2
- 137-164 Buyer groups
by Mathewson, Frank & Winter, Ralph A.
- 165-190 Learning about a population of agents and the evolution of trust and cooperation
by Bower, Anthony G. & Garber, Steven & Watson, Joel C.
- 191-216 The choice of technology and capital structure under rate regulation
by Spiegel, Yossef
- 217-241 Dynamics of entry and exit of firms in the presence of entry adjustment costs
by Das, Sanghamitra & Das, Satya P.
- 243-261 Quality improvements and the incentive to leapfrog
by Rosenkranz, Stephanie
- 263-281 Excess capacity as a barrier to entry in the US titanium industry
by Mathis, Stephen & Koscianski, Janet
February 1997, Volume 15, Issue 1
- 1-28 Spillovers and innovative activities
by De Bondt, Raymond
- 29-50 Innovation and imitation in an asymmetrically-regulated industry
by Lyon, Thomas P. & Huang, Haizhou
- 51-75 Disclosure of know-how in research joint ventures
by Perez-Castrillo, J. David & Sandonis, Joel
- 77-101 Technology sharing cartels and industrial structure
by Petit, Maria Luisa & Tolwinski, Boleslaw
- 103-121 Sequential versus simultaneous choice with endogenous quality
by Aoki, Reiko & Prusa, Thomas J.
- 123-136 Time series analysis of market power: Evidence from G-7 manufacturing
by Beccarello, Massimo
October 1996, Volume 14, Issue 6
- 669-671 Special issue on network economics: Business conduct and market structure
by Economides, Nicholas & Encaoua, David
- 673-699 The economics of networks
by Economides, Nicholas
- 701-726 Compatibility and competition in airlines demand side network effects
by Encaoua, David & Moreaux, Michel & Perrot, Anne
- 727-745 Shared ownership and pricing in a network switch
by McAndrews, James J. & Rob, Rafael
- 747-768 Complementarity, coordination and compatibility: The role of fixed costs in the economics of systems
by Desruelle, Dominique & Gaudet, Gerard & Richelle, Yves
- 769-784 R&D in markets with network externalities
by Kristiansen, Eirik Gaard
- 785-800 Technology revolutions in the presence of network externalities
by Shy, Oz
- 801-823 The timing of product introduction and the credibility of compatibility decisions
by Regibeau, Pierre & Rockett, Katherine E.
- 825-835 Do converters facilitate the transition to a new incompatible technology? A dynamic analysis of converters
by Choi, Jay Pil
- 837-855 Dynamic monopoly pricing with network externalities
by Bensaid, Bernard & Lesne, Jean-Philippe
- 857-886 A binary conflict ascending price (BICAP) mechanism for the decentralized allocation of the right to use railroad tracks
by Brewer, Paul J. & Plott, Charles R.
July 1996, Volume 14, Issue 5
- 543-560 Technology sourcing and FDI in the EC: An empirical evaluation
by Neven, D. & Siotis, G.
- 561-573 Learning, reputation and entry deterrence: A chain-store game with correlated entrants
by Yang, Bill Z.
- 575-609 Delegation, market share and the limit price in sequential entry models
by Church, Jeffrey & Ware, Roger
- 611-630 Optimal symmetric punishments in a Bertrand differentiated products duopoly
by Hackner, Jonas
- 631-645 Exchange rate pass-through in two-period duopoly
by Tivig, Thusnelda
- 647-668 Export pricing in state-owned and private MNEs: Evidence from the international petroleum market
by Bernard, Jean-Thomas & Weiner, Robert J.
June 1996, Volume 14, Issue 4
- 415-445 Lessons from the United States's antitrust history
by Mueller, Dennis C.
- 447-463 Spatial retail markets with commuting consumers
by Raith, Michael
- 465-484 Good times, bad times, and vertical upstream integration
by Emons, Winand
- 485-506 Horizontal and vertical differentiation: The Launhardt model
by Dos Santos Ferreira, Rodolphe & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 507-519 Countervailing power revisited
by von Ungern-Sternberg, Thomas
- 521-541 An empirical investigation of joint venture dynamics: Evidence from U.S.-Japan joint ventures
by Nakamura, Masao & Shaver, J. Myles & Yeung, Bernard
May 1996, Volume 14, Issue 3
- 269-296 Dynamic duopoly with slowly changing customer loyalties
by Chen, Yongmin & Rosenthal, Robert W.
- 297-315 Moral hazard and reputational concerns in teams: Implications for organizational choice
by Jeon, Seonghoon
- 317-329 It pays to be different: Endogenous heterogeneity of firms in an oligopoly
by Mills, David E. & Smith, William
- 331-344 An informational externality in a competitive market
by Creane, Anthony
- 345-364 Host-country policy, transfer pricing and ownership distribution in international joint ventures: A theoretical analysis
by Al-Saadon, Yousef & Das, Satya P.
- 365-387 Can consumers benefit from a policy limiting the market share of a dominant firm?
by Holmes, Thomas J.
- 389-414 Product line competition in vertically differentiated markets
by De Fraja, Giovanni
1996, Volume 14, Issue 2
- 141-158 The turnover of market leaders in UK manufacturing industry, 1979-86
by Geroski, P. A. & Toker, S.
- 159-179 Optimal disclosure delay in multistage R&D competition
by Bloch, Francis & Markowitz, Paul
- 181-201 Standardization, diversity and learning: Strategies for the coevolution of technology and industrial capacity
by David, Paul A. & Rothwell, Geoffrey S.
- 203-226 Technological change and market structure: An evolutionary approach
by Vega-Redondo, Fernando
- 227-242 Coupons and oligopolistic price discrimination
by Bester, Helmut & Petrakis, Emmanuel
- 243-268 Oligopolistic pricing with heterogeneous consumer search
by Stahl, Dale O.
1996, Volume 14, Issue 1