Impacts of code-share alliances on airline cost structure: A truncated third-order translog estimation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1990.
"Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 107-126, March.
- Farrell, J. & Shapiro, C., 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Papers 17, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0tp305nx, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Farrell and Carl Shapiro., 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Economics Working Papers 8880, University of California at Berkeley.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2003. "International Airfares in the Age of Alliances: The Effects of Codesharing and Antitrust Immunity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 105-118, February.
- Diewert, Walter E & Wales, Terence J, 1987.
"Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 43-68, January.
- W. Erwin Diewert & T.J. Wales, 1989. "Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hansen, Mark M. & Gillen, David & Djafarian-Tehrani, Reza, 2001. "Aviation infrastructure performance and airline cost: a statistical cost estimation approach," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Brueckner, Jan K & Whalen, W Tom, 2000. "The Price Effects of International Airline Alliances," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 503-545, October.
- Li, Michael Z.F., 2000. "Distinct features of lasting and non-lasting airline alliances," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 65-73.
- Jong-Hun Park & Anming Zhang, 2000. "An Empirical Analysis of Global Airline Alliances: Cases in North Atlantic Markets," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 16(4), pages 367-384, June.
- James Brock, 2000. "Industry Update: Airlines," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 16(1), pages 39-51, February.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 2001. "The economics of international codesharing: an analysis of airline alliances," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(10), pages 1475-1498, December.
- JA. Clougherty, 2000. "US domestic airline alliances: does the national welfare impact turn on strategic international gains?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(3), pages 304-314, July.
- Chen, Fisher Chia-Yu & Chen, Chialin, 2003. "The effects of strategic alliances and risk pooling on the load factors of international airline operations," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 19-34, January.
- Youssef, Waleed & Hansen, Mark, 1994. "Consequences of strategic alliances between international airlines: The case of Swissair and SAS," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 415-431, September.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Cornwell, Christopher, 1993. "Measuring technical efficiency with panel data : A dual approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 257-261, October.
- Park, Jong-Hun, 1997. "The effects of airline alliances on markets and economic welfare," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 181-195, September.
- Stevenson, Rodney, 1980. "Measuring Technological Bias," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(1), pages 162-173, March.
- Goh, Kevin & Uncles, Mark, 2003. "The benefits of airline global alliances: an empirical assessment of the perceptions of business travelers," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 479-497, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Garg, Chandra Prakash, 2016. "A robust hybrid decision model for evaluation and selection of the strategic alliance partner in the airline industry," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 55-66.
- Shuya Yin, 2010. "Alliance Formation Among Perfectly Complementary Suppliers in a Price-Sensitive Assembly System," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 12(3), pages 527-544, October.
- Adler, Nicole & Hanany, Eran, 2016. "Regulating inter-firm agreements: The case of airline codesharing in parallel networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 31-54.
- Achim I. Czerny, 2008. "Code-sharing, price discrimination and welfare losses," WHU Working Paper Series - Economics Group 08-05, WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management.
- Chew Chua & Hsein Kew & Jongsay Yong, 2005. "Airline Code-share Alliances and Costs: Imposing Concavity on Translog Cost Function Estimation," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 26(4), pages 461-487, June.
- Lohmann, Gui & Vianna, Camila, 2016. "Air route suspension: The role of stakeholder engagement and aviation and non-aviation factors," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 199-210.
- Zuidberg, Joost, 2014. "Identifying airline cost economies: An econometric analysis of the factors affecting aircraft operating costs," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 86-95.
- Lijesen Mark G., 2013. "Solving the Endogeneity Problem in Empirical Cost Functions: An Application to US Banks," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 13(2), pages 1051-1070, September.
- Zou, Li & Chen, Xueqian, 2017. "The effect of code-sharing alliances on airline profitability," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 50-57.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:24:y:2006:i:4:p:835-866. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.