Airline Code-share Alliances and Costs: Imposing Concavity on Translog Cost Function Estimation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Goh, Mark & Yong, Jongsay, 2006. "Impacts of code-share alliances on airline cost structure: A truncated third-order translog estimation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 835-866, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zou, Bo & Hansen, Mark, 2012. "Impact of operational performance on air carrier cost structure: Evidence from US airlines," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(5), pages 1032-1048.
- repec:eee:transe:v:102:y:2017:i:c:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert McKeown, 2017. "Where are the economies of scale in Canadian banking?," Working Papers 1380, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Kopp, Thomas & Bümmer, Bernhard, 2015. "Moving rubber to a better place - and extracting rents from credit constrained farmers along the way," EFForTS Discussion Paper Series 9, University of Goettingen, Collaborative Research Centre 990 "EFForTS, Ecological and Socioeconomic Functions of Tropical Lowland Rainforest Transformation Systems (Sumatra, Indonesia)".
- Linz, Teresa & Tsegai, Daniel W., 2009. "Industrial Water Demand analysis in the Middle Olifants sub-basin of South Africa: The case of Mining," Discussion Papers 49927, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Chaudhuri Malika & Tonsor Glynn T & Peterson H. Christopher, 2011. "Factor Demand Analysis for Ethanol in the U.S. Refinery Industry," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-35, April.
- Kazuo Ogawa, 2011.
"Why Are Concavity Conditions Not Satisfied in the Cost Function? The Case of Japanese Manufacturing Firms during the Bubble Period,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 73(4), pages 556-580, August.
- Kazuo Ogawa, 2008. "Why Are Concavity Conditions Not Satisfied in the Cost Function? The Case of Japanese Manufacturing Firms during the Bubble Period," ISER Discussion Paper 0719, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Philip G. Gayle, 2007. "Airline Code-Share Alliances and Their Competitive Effects," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50, pages 781-819.
- Philip G. Gayle, 2008. "An Empirical Analysis of the Competitive Effects of the Delta/Continental/Northwest Code-Share Alliance," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(4), pages 743-766, November.
- Du, Yan & McMullen, B. Starr & Kerkvliet, Joe R., 2008. "The economic impact of the ATA/Southwest Airlines code-share agreement," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 51-60.
- Ryerson, Megan S., 2010. "Optimal Intercity Transportation Services with Heterogeneous Demand and Variable Fuel Price," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt8696z26t, University of California Transportation Center.
- Zuidberg, Joost, 2014. "Identifying airline cost economies: An econometric analysis of the factors affecting aircraft operating costs," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 86-95.
- Lijesen Mark G., 2013. "Solving the Endogeneity Problem in Empirical Cost Functions: An Application to US Banks," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 13(2), pages 1051-1070, September.
- McMullen, B. Starr & Du, Yan, 2007. "The Economic Impact of the ATA/Southwest Airlines Code Share Alliance," 48th Annual Transportation Research Forum, Boston, Massachusetts, March 15-17, 2007 207914, Transportation Research Forum.
More about this item
KeywordsAirline alliances; concavity; costs; translog;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:26:y:2005:i:4:p:461-487. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.