Identifying airline cost economies: An econometric analysis of the factors affecting aircraft operating costs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wenbin Wei & Mark Hansen, 2003. "Cost Economics of Aircraft Size," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 37(2), pages 279-296, May.
- Bailey, Elizabeth E & Friedlaender, Ann F, 1982. "Market Structure and Multiproduct Industries," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 20(3), pages 1024-1048, September.
- Nicol, David J, 1978. "The influence of aircraft size on airline operating costs," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 15-24.
- Swan, William M. & Adler, Nicole, 2006. "Aircraft trip cost parameters: A function of stage length and seat capacity," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 105-115, March.
- Tsoukalas, Gerassimos & Belobaba, Peter & Swelbar, William, 2008. "Cost convergence in the US airline industry: An analysis of unit costs 1995â€“2006," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 179-187.
- Franke, Markus, 2004. "Competition between network carriers and low-cost carriersâ€”retreat battle or breakthrough to a new level of efficiency?," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 15-21.
- Goh, Mark & Yong, Jongsay, 2006. "Impacts of code-share alliances on airline cost structure: A truncated third-order translog estimation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 835-866, July.
- Gillen, David & Morrison, William G., 2005. "Regulation, competition and network evolution in aviation," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 161-174.
- BrÃ¼ggen, Alexander & Klose, Levin, 2010. "How fleet commonality influences low-cost airline operating performance: Empirical evidence," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 299-303.
- Chew Chua & Hsein Kew & Jongsay Yong, 2005. "Airline Code-share Alliances and Costs: Imposing Concavity on Translog Cost Function Estimation," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 26(4), pages 461-487, June.
- Hansen, Mark M. & Gillen, David & Djafarian-Tehrani, Reza, 2001. "Aviation infrastructure performance and airline cost: a statistical cost estimation approach," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-23, March.
- John D. Bitzan & Junwook Chi, 2006. "Higher Airfares to Small and Medium Sized Communities - Costly Service or Market Power?," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 40(3), pages 473-501, September.
- Tretheway, Michael W, 2004. "Distortions of airline revenues: why the network airline business model is broken," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 3-14.
- Steven A. Morrison, 2001. "Actual, Adjacent, and Potential Competition Estimating the Full Effect of Southwest Airlines," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 35(2), pages 239-256, May.
- Zinan Liu & E. L. Lynk, 1999. "Evidence on market structure of the deregulated US airline industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(9), pages 1083-1092.
- Nikos Tsikriktsis, 2007. "The Effect of Operational Performance and Focus on Profitability: A Longitudinal Study of the U.S. Airline Industry," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 9(4), pages 506-517, April.
- SeristÃ¶, Hannu & VepsÃ¤lÃ¤inen, Ari P.J., 1997. "Airline cost drivers: cost implications of fleet, routes, and personnel policies," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 11-22.
- Tim Hazledine, 2010. "Pricing, Competition and Policy in Australasian Air Travel Markets," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 44(1), pages 37-58, January.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M & Rich, Daniel P, 1995. "Airline Deregulation: The Cost Pieces of the Puzzle," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(1), pages 245-260, February.
- Berrittella, Maria & La Franca, Luigi & Zito, Pietro, 2009. "An analytic hierarchy process for ranking operating costs of low cost and full service airlines," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 249-255.
- Brueckner, Jan K & Spiller, Pablo T, 1994. "Economies of Traffic Density in the Deregulated Airline Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 379-415, October.
- Lara Gitto & Fulvio Minervini, 2007. "The Performance of European Full Service Airlines after Liberalisation: An Econometric Analysis," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 97(1), pages 105-122, January-F.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alam, Muhammad Aftab, 2016. "Techno-stress and productivity: Survey evidence from the aviation industry," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 62-70.
- Wilken, Dieter & Berster, Peter & Gelhausen, Marc C., 2016. "Analysis of demand structures on intercontinental routes to and from Europe with a view to identifying potential for new low-cost services," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(PB), pages 79-90.
More about this item
KeywordsAirline finances; Operating costs; Aircraft movement; Cost economies; Density economies; Scale economies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaitra:v:40:y:2014:i:c:p:86-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.