Technology, Business Models and Network Structure in the Airline Industry
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fageda, Xavier, 1975- & Flores-Fillol, Ricardo, 2010. "Technology, business models and network structure in the airline industry," Working Papers 2072/151552, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Flores-Fillol, Ricardo, 2010. "Congested hubs," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 358-370, March.
- Austan Goolsbee & Chad Syverson, 2008.
"How Do Incumbents Respond to the Threat of Entry? Evidence from the Major Airlines,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 123(4), pages 1611-1633.
- Austan Goolsbee & Chad Syverson, 2004. "How Do Incumbents Respond to the Threat of Entry? Evidence from the Major Airlines," Working Papers 04-04, NET Institute, revised Dec 2004.
- Austan Goolsbee & Chad Syverson, 2005. "How do Incumbents Respond to the Threat of Entry? Evidence from the Major Airlines," NBER Working Papers 11072, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles Boguslaski & Harumi Ito & Darin Lee, 2004. "Entry Patterns in the Southwest Airlines Route System," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 25(3), pages 317-350, August.
- Dresner, Martin & Windle, Robert & Zhou, Ming, 2002. "Regional jet services: supply and demand," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 267-273.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2004. "Network Structure and Airline Scheduling," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 291-312, June.
- Brueckner, Jan K & Spiller, Pablo T, 1994. "Economies of Traffic Density in the Deregulated Airline Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 379-415, October.
- Flores-Fillol, Ricardo, 2009. "Airline competition and network structure," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(10), pages 966-983, December.
- Bilotkach, Volodymyr & Fageda, Xavier & Flores-Fillol, Ricardo, 2010.
"Scheduled service versus personal transportation: The role of distance,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 60-72, January.
- Volodymyr Bilotkach & Xavier Fageda & Ricardo Flores-Fillol, 2008. "Scheduled service versus personal transportation: the role of distance," Working Papers XREAP2008-13, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Dec 2008.
- Volodymir BilotKach & Xavier Fageda & Ricardo Flores-Fillol, 2009. "Scheduled service versus personal transportation: the role of distance," Working Papers 2009-10, FEDEA.
- Bilotkach, Volodymyr & Fageda, Xavier & Flores-Fillol, Ricardo, 2009. "Scheduled Service Versus Personal Transportation: The Role of Distance," Working Papers 2072/15846, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Morrell, Peter, 2005. "Airlines within airlines: An analysis of US network airline responses to Low Cost Carriers," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 303-312.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Pai, Vivek, 2009.
"Technological innovation in the airline industry: The impact of regional jets,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 110-120, January.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Vivek Pai, 2007. "Technological Innovation in the Airline Industry: The Impact of Regional Jets," Working Papers 060720, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Steven A. Morrison, 2001. "Actual, Adjacent, and Potential Competition Estimating the Full Effect of Southwest Airlines," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 35(2), pages 239-256, May.
- Douglas W. Caves & Laurits R. Christensen & Michael W. Tretheway, 1984. "Economies of Density versus Economies of Scale: Why Trunk and Local Service Airline Costs Differ," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 471-489, Winter.
- Silke Januszewski Forbes & Mara Lederman, 2009. "Adaptation and Vertical Integration in the Airline Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(5), pages 1831-1849, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Veruska Oppedisano & Gilberto Turati, 2010.
"What are the causes of educational inequalities and of their evolution over time in Europe? Evidence from PISA,"
XREAP2010-16, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Dec 2010.
- Veruska Oppedisano & Gilberto Turati, 2011. "What are the causes of educational inequalities and of their evolution over time in Europe? Evidence from Pisa," Working Papers 2011/1, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Lluís Bermúdez & Antoni Ferri & Montse Guillén, 2011.
"A correlation sensitivity analysis of non-life underwriting risk in solvency capital requirement estimation,"
IREA Working Papers
201113, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Sep 2011.
- Lluís Bermúdez & Antoni Ferri & Montserrat Guillén, 2011. "A correlation sensitivity analysis of non-life underwriting risk in solvency capital requirement estimation," Working Papers XREAP2011-12, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Sep 2011.
More about this item
Keywordsregional jet technology; low-cost business model; point-to-point network; hub-and-spoke network;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2011-01-23 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2011-01-23 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-IND-2011-01-23 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-NET-2011-01-23 (Network Economics)
- NEP-URE-2011-01-23 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:xrp:wpaper:xreap2010-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XREAP). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/xreapes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.