Distortions of airline revenues: why the network airline business model is broken
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1996.
"Predation and the Logic of the Average Variable Cost Test,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(1), pages 49-72, April.
- Baumol, William J., 1994. "Predation and the Logic of the Average Variable Cost Test," Working Papers 94-14, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Button, Kenneth, 2003. "Does the theory of the â€˜coreâ€™ explain why airlines fail to cover their long-run costs of capital?," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 5-14.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ales Novak, 2014. "Business Model Literature Overview," FINANCIAL REPORTING, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(1), pages 79-130.
- Enrico Bachis & Claudio A. Piga, 2006.
"Hub Premium, Airport Dominance and Market Power in the European Airline Industry,"
Rivista di Politica Economica,
SIPI Spa, vol. 96(5), pages 11-54, September.
- Claudio A. Piga & Enrico Bachis, 2007. "Hub Premium, Airport Dominance and Market Power in the European Airline Industry," Discussion Paper Series 2007_11, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Apr 2007.
- Starkie, David, 2012. "European airports and airlines: Evolving relationships and the regulatory implications," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 40-49.
- repec:eee:transa:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:215-234 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chiuling Lu & Ann Yang & Jui-Feng Huang, 2015. "Bankruptcy predictions for U.S. air carrier operations: a study of financial data," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 39(3), pages 574-589, July.
- David Pitfield, 2005. "RyanairÂ’s Impact on Airline Market Share from the London Area Airports - a Time Series Analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa05p16, European Regional Science Association.
- Zhang, Anming & Hanaoka, Shinya & Inamura, Hajime & Ishikura, Tomoki, 2008. "Low-cost carriers in Asia: Deregulation, regional liberalization and secondary airports," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 36-50.
- Kuljanin, Jovana & KaliÄ‡, Milica, 2015. "Exploring characteristics of passengers using traditional and low-cost airlines: A case study of Belgrade Airport," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 12-18.
- Moreno-Izquierdo, L. & Ramón-Rodríguez, A. & Perles Ribes, J., 2015. "The impact of the internet on the pricing strategies of the European low cost airlines," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 246(2), pages 651-660.
- Zuidberg, Joost, 2014. "Identifying airline cost economies: An econometric analysis of the factors affecting aircraft operating costs," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 86-95.
- Oliveira, Alessandro V.M., 2008. "An empirical model of low-cost carrier entry," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 673-695, May.
- Lara Gitto & Fulvio Minervini, 2007. "The Performance of European Full Service Airlines after Liberalisation: An Econometric Analysis," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 97(1), pages 105-122, January-F.
- Adler, Nicole & Gellman, Aaron, 2012. "Strategies for managing risk in a changing aviation environment," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 24-35.
- Diaconu Maxim Laura, 2012. "The Development of the Low-Cost Carriers’ Business Models. Southwest Airlines Case Study," Scientific Annals of Economics and Business, De Gruyter Open, vol. 59(1), pages 231-238, July.
- Dennis, Nigel, 2007. "End of the free lunch? The responses of traditional European airlines to the low-cost carrier threat," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 311-321.
- Hazledine, Tim, 2011. "Legacy carriers fight back: Pricing and product differentiation in modern airline marketing," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 130-135.
- Moreno, Luis & Ramon, Ana & Pedreño, Andrés, 2015. "The Development of Low-cost Airlines and Tourism as a Competitiveness Complementor: Effects, Evolution and Strategies," Journal of Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, CIEO-Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, University of Algarve, vol. 3(4), pages 262-274.
More about this item
KeywordsLow-cost airlines; Network economics; Business models; Airline competition;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaitra:v:10:y:2004:i:1:p:3-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .