Private labels: psychological versioning of typical consumer products
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Obermiller, Carl, 1985. " Varieties of Mere Exposure: The Effects of Processing Style and Repetition on Affective Response," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 17-30, June.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1993. "A Simple Theory of Advertising as a Good or Bad," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 941-964.
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Avner Shaked & John Sutton, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition Through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13.
- Wolinsky, Asher, 1987. "Brand Names and Price Discrimination," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(3), pages 255-268, March.
- Hinloopen, Jeroen & Martin, Stephen, 1997. "Market-Structure Determinants of National Brand-Private Label Price Differences of Manufactured Food Products: Comment," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 219-223, June.
- Connor, John M & Peterson, Everett B, 1997. "Market-Structure Determinants of National Brand-Private Label Price Differences of Manufactured Food Products: Reply," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 225-226, June.
- Victor Tremblay & Stephen Polasky, 2002. "Advertising with Subjective Horizontal and Vertical Product Differentiation," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 20(3), pages 253-265, May.
- Eric Maskin & John Riley, 1984. "Monopoly with Incomplete Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(2), pages 171-196, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claire Chambolle & Clémence Christin & Guy Meunier, 2015.
"Optimal Production Channel for Private Labels: Too Much or Too Little Innovation?,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(2), pages 348-368, June.
- Claire Chambolle & Clémence Christin & Guy Meunier, 2013. "Optimal production channel for private labels: Too much or too little innovation?," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201314, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Claire Chambolle & Clémence Christin & Guy Meunier, 2015. "Optimal Production Channel for Private Labels: Too Much or Too Little Innovation?," Post-Print halshs-01242601, HAL.
- Claire Chambolle & Clémence Christin & Guy Meunier, 2014. "Optimal production channel for private labels: Too much or too little innovation?," Working Papers 2014-02, Alimentation et Sciences Sociales.
- Arcan Nalca, & Tamer Boyaci, & Saibal Ray, 2017. "Brand positioning and consumer taste information," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-17-01_R1, ESMT European School of Management and Technology, revised 04 Dec 2017.
- Karray Salma & Martín-Herrán Guiomar, 2008. "Investigating the Relationship Between Advertising and Pricing in a Channel with Private Label Offering: A Theoretic Model," Review of Marketing Science, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-39, August.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:268:y:2018:i:2:p:555-568 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karray, Salma & Martín-Herrán, Guiomar, 2009. "A dynamic model for advertising and pricing competition between national and store brands," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(2), pages 451-467, March.
- Ikuo Ishibashi & Noriaki Matsushima, 2006. "Inviting entrants may help incumbent firms," Discussion Papers 2006-46, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Paolo Sckokai & Claudio Soregaroli, 2008. "Impact of private label development across retail formats: Evidences from the Italian dairy market," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 87(2), pages 27-47.
- Raj Sethuraman, 2009. "Assessing the External Validity of Analytical Results from National Brand and Store Brand Competition Models," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(4), pages 759-781, 07-08.
- Friedrichsen, Jana, 2018. "Signals Sell: Product Lines when Consumers Differ Both in Taste for Quality and Image Concern," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 70, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- Griffith, Rachel & Krol, Michal & Smith, Kate, 2015. "Store Brands and the Role of Advertising," CEPR Discussion Papers 10877, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sylvaine Poret & Claire Chambolle, 2007. "Fair Trade: In or Out the Market?," Working Papers hal-00243062, HAL.
- Arcan Nalca, & Tamer Boyaci, & Saibal Ray, 2017. "Consumer taste uncertainty in the context of store brand and national brand competition," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-17-01, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
- Ikuo Ishibashi & Noriaki Matsushima, 2009. "The Existence of Low-End Firms May Help High-End Firms," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(1), pages 136-147, 01-02.
- Hara, Reiya & Matsubayashi, Nobuo, 2017. "Premium store brand: Product development collaboration between retailers and national brand manufacturers," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 185(C), pages 128-138.
- repec:ags:frraes:188539 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:22:y:2004:i:6:p:849-861. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.