The Effects of Competition on the Price for Cable Modem Internet Access
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Yongmin Chen & Scott J. Savage, 2007. "The Effects Of Competition On The Price For Cable Modem Internet Access," Working Papers 07-13, NET Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Austan Goolsbee & Chad Syverson, 2008.
"How Do Incumbents Respond to the Threat of Entry? Evidence from the Major Airlines,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 123(4), pages 1611-1633.
- Austan Goolsbee & Chad Syverson, 2004. "How Do Incumbents Respond to the Threat of Entry? Evidence from the Major Airlines," Working Papers 04-04, NET Institute, revised Dec 2004.
- Austan Goolsbee & Chad Syverson, 2005. "How do Incumbents Respond to the Threat of Entry? Evidence from the Major Airlines," NBER Working Papers 11072, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chipty, Tasneem, 1995. "Horizontal Integration for Bargaining Power: Evidence from the Cable Television Industry," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(2), pages 375-397, Summer.
- Maarten C. W. Janssen & José Luis Moraga-González, 2004. "Strategic Pricing, Consumer Search and the Number of Firms," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 71(4), pages 1089-1118.
- Rosenthal, Robert W, 1980. "A Model in Which an Increase in the Number of Sellers Leads to a Higher Price," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(6), pages 1575-1579, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chris Forman & Avi Goldfarb & Shane Greenstein, 2009. "The Internet and Local Wages: Convergence or Divergence?," NBER Working Papers 14750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yongmin Chen & Michael H. Riordan, 2015. "Prices, Profits, and Preference Dependence," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(4), pages 549-568, December.
- Gayle, Philip G. & Wu, Chi-Yin, 2013.
"A re-examination of incumbents’ response to the threat of entry: Evidence from the airline industry,"
Economics of Transportation,
Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 119-130.
- Gayle, Philip & Wu, Chi-Yin, 2012. "A Re-examination of Incumbents’ Response to the Threat of Entry: Evidence from the Airline Industry," MPRA Paper 52850, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Kokovin Sergey & Zhelobodko Evgeniy, 2009. "Generalized Comparative Statics under Monopolistic Competition:Anti-competitive Paradox, Immiserizing Growth, Catastrophes," EERC Working Paper Series 09/09e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Economides, Nicholas & Tåg, Joacim, 2012.
"Network neutrality on the Internet: A two-sided market analysis,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 91-104.
- Nicholas Economides & Joacim Tåg, 2007. "Net Neutrality on the Internet: A Two-sided Market Analysis," Working Papers 07-14, NET Institute, revised Sep 2007.
- Nicholas Economides & Joacim Tåg, 2007. "Net Neutrality on the Internet: A Two-sided Market Analysis," Working Papers 07-45, NET Institute, revised Nov 2007.
- Economides, Nicholas & Tåg, Joacim, 2008. "Network Neutrality on the Internet: A Two-sided Market Analysis," Working Paper Series 727, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 09 Nov 2011.
- Nicholas Economides & Joacim Tag, 2007. "Net Neutrality on the Internet: A Two-sided Market Analysis," Working Papers 07-26, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Deck, Cary & Gu, Jingping, 2012.
"Price increasing competition? Experimental evidence,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 730-740.
- Cary Deck & Jingping Gu, 2010. "Price Increasing Competition? Experimental Evidence," Working Papers 10-19, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Fageda, Xavier & Rubio-Campillo, Rafael & Termes-Rifé, Montserrat, 2014.
"Determinants of broadband access: Is platform competition always the key variable to success?,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 58-67.
- Xavier Fageda & Rafael Rubio & Montserrat Termes, 2013. "“Determinants of Broadband Access: Is Platform Competition always the Key Variable to Success?”," IREA Working Papers 201303, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Mar 2013.
- Eric W. Bond & Toshiaki Iizuka, 2014. "Durable Goods Price Cycles: Theory And Evidence From The Textbook Market," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(2), pages 518-538, April.
- repec:bla:jindec:v:65:y:2017:i:1:p:73-104 is not listed on IDEAS
- Banyár, József & Regős, Gábor, 2012. "Paradoxical price effects on insurance markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1399-1407.
More about this item
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:93:y:2011:i:1:p:201-217. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.