Research in Economics
2016, Volume 70, Issue 4
- 511-517 Research in economics and industrial organization
by Etro, Federico
- 518-535 Bagels and donuts for sale: A case study in profit maximization
by Levitt, Steven D.
- 536-557 A statistical physics implementation of Coase׳s theory of the firm
by Buldyrev, Sergey V. & Salinger, Michael A. & Stanley, H. Eugene
- 558-568 Product design and decision rights in vertical structures
by Dubois, Pierre & Jullien, Bruno
- 569-587 Effects of increased variety on demand, pricing, and welfare
by Horrace, William C. & Huang, Rui & Perloff, Jeffrey M.
- 588-607 On the welfare effects of regulating the number of discriminatory prices
by Braouezec, Yann
- 608-622 Welfare improving discrimination based on cognitive limitations
by Sürücü, Oktay
- 623-637 A welfare evaluation of tying strategies
by Gayer, Amit & Shy, Oz
- 638-658 Mixed bundling may hinder collusion
by Baranes, Edmond & Podesta, Marion & Poudou, Jean-Christophe
- 659-676 An equilibrium model of investment-reducing vertical integration
by Choi, Jay Pil & Yi, Sang-Seung
- 677-692 Mergers in durable-goods industries: A re-examination of market power and welfare effects
by Gerstle, Ari D. & Waldman, Michael
- 693-713 Patent licensing and bargaining with innovative complements and substitutes
by Spulber, Daniel F.
- 714-734 Persistence of monopoly, innovation, and R&D spillovers
by Kováč, Eugen & Žigić, Krešimir
- 735-740 Media exposure and corporate reputation
by Cabral, Luís
- 741-751 Who benefits from increased competition among sellers on B2C platforms?
by Belleflamme, Paul & Toulemonde, Eric
- 752-765 Competition and consumer data: The good, the bad, and the ugly
by Norman, George & Pepall, Lynne & Richards, Dan & Tan, Liang
- 766-770 Strictly convex variable cost does not imply U-shaped average cost
by Balletta, Luigi & Tesoriere, Antonio
2016, Volume 70, Issue 3
- 375-387 Modeling speculative bubbles with diverse investor expectations
by Phillips, Peter C.B.
- 388-402 Beauty is in the bid of the beholder: An empirical basis for style
by Goetzmann, William N. & Jones, Peter W. & Maggioni, Mauro & Walden, Johan
- 403-411 Do U.S. paintings follow the CAPM? Findings disaggregated by subject, artist, and value of the work
by Agnello, Richard J.
- 412-420 Pricing color intensity and lightness in contemporary art auctions
by Pownall, Rachel A.J. & Graddy, Kathryn
- 421-430 Historic art exhibitions and modern - day auction results
by Hellmanzik, Christiane
- 431-445 Price and death: modeling the death effect in art price formation
by Itaya, Jun-ichi & Ursprung, Heinrich W.
- 446-453 Reserve prices in all-pay auctions with complete information
by Bertoletti, Paolo
- 454-467 Uncertainty by regulation: Rottenberg׳s invariance principle
by Fort, Rodney & Maxcy, Joel & Diehl, Mark
- 468-481 Testing the O-Ring theory using data from the English Premier League
by Szymanski, Stefan & Wilkinson, Guy
- 482-492 Performance expectations and the tenure of head coaches: Evidence from NCAA football
by Humphreys, Brad R. & Paul, Rodney J. & Weinbach, Andrew P.
- 493-510 Arts vs engineering: Choosing consumption of and investment in education
by Romano, Richard E. & Tampieri, Alessandro
2016, Volume 70, Issue 2
- 197-231 How to model consumer heterogeneity? Lessons from three case studies on SP and RP data
by Keane, Michael P. & Wasi, Nada
- 232-237 Should instrumental variables be used as matching variables?
by Wooldridge, Jeffrey M.
- 238-261 Modelling optimal instrumental variables for dynamic panel data models
by Arellano, Manuel
- 262-280 Counterfactual analysis in macroeconometrics: An empirical investigation into the effects of quantitative easing
by Hashem Pesaran, M. & Smith, Ron P.
- 281-303 Measuring business cycles with structural breaks and outliers: Applications to international data
by Perron, Pierre & Wada, Tatsuma
- 304-319 A comparison of some out-of-sample tests of predictability in iterated multi-step-ahead forecasts
by Pincheira, Pablo M. & West, Kenneth D.
- 320-331 Deducing markups from stockout behavior
by Bils, Mark
- 332-345 To hold out or not to hold out
by Schorfheide, Frank & Wolpin, Kenneth I.
- 346-359 No blessing, no curse? On the benefits of being a resource-rich southern region of Italy
by Iacono, Roberto
- 360-374 Financial literacy and subjective expectations questions: A validation exercise
by Paiella, Monica
2016, Volume 70, Issue 1
- 1-6 Research in economics and public finance
by Etro, Federico
- 7-19 The effect of taxes on shareholder inflows around mutual fund distribution dates
by Johnson, Woodrow T. & Poterba, James M.
- 20-23 A note on income taxation and occupational choice
by Sheshinski, Eytan
- 24-37 The graduate tax when education is a signal
by Ismail, Russayani & Myles, Gareth D.
- 38-52 Tax compliance by firms and audit policy
by Bayer, Ralph & Cowell, Frank
- 53-63 Groupings and the gains from tagging
by Kanbur, Ravi & Tuomala, Matti
- 64-88 Indirect taxes for redistribution: Should necessity goods be favored?
by Boadway, Robin & Song, Zhen
- 89-100 Optimal commodity taxation with varying quality of goods
by Bastani, Spencer & Blomquist, Sören & Micheletto, Luca
- 101-109 Social long-term care insurance with two-sided altruism
by Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre & Roeder, Kerstin
- 110-121 On the optimal linkage of social security benefits to payroll taxes
by Gahvari, Firouz & Beach, Randy
- 122-142 The welfare state and migration: A dynamic analysis of political coalitions
by Suwankiri, Benjarong & Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim
- 143-157 Does welfare reduce poverty?
by Borjas, George J.
- 158-169 The dynamic relationship between school size and academic performance: An investigation of elementary schools in Wisconsin
by Welsch, David M. & Zimmer, David M.
- 170-185 To borrow or not to borrow? An analysis of university leverage decisions
by Rosen, Harvey S. & Sappington, Alexander J.W.
- 186-195 Do people contribute more to intra-temporal or inter-temporal public goods?
by Grolleau, Gilles & Sutan, Angela & Vranceanu, Radu
2015, Volume 69, Issue 4
- 475-493 The Federal Reserve׳s abandonment of its 1923 objectives of monetary policy
by Rotemberg, Julio J.
- 494-502 The choice of flexibility in targeting inflation during normal times and during disinflations
by Cukierman, Alex
- 503-524 New-Keynesian economics: An AS–AD view
by Benigno, Pierpaolo
- 525-554 Financial frictions and the extensive margin of activity
by Poutineau, Jean-Christophe & Vermandel, Gauthier
- 555-581 The domestic and international effects of euro area market reforms
by Cacciatore, Matteo & Fiori, Giuseppe & Ghironi, Fabio
- 582-602 Exchange rates as shock absorbers: The role of export margins
by Cavallari, Lilia & D׳Addona, Stefano
- 603-620 Fiscal policy and business formation in open economies
by Lewis, Vivien & Winkler, Roland
- 621-640 Productive government spending and its consequences for the growth–inequality tradeoff
by Getachew, Yoseph Y. & Turnovsky, Stephen J.
- 641-660 Middle-income growth traps
by Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Canuto, Otaviano
- 661-670 Old teachers, old ideas, and the effect of population aging on economic growth
by Berk, Jillian & Weil, David N.
2015, Volume 69, Issue 3
- 261-264 Research in economics and political economy
by Etro, Federico
- 265-290 A positive theory of economic growth and the distribution of income
by Meltzer, Allan H. & Richard, Scott F.
- 291-319 Equilibrium and efficient provision of local public goods with peer effects
by Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard
- 320-335 Dynamic voting in clubs
by Roberts, Kevin
- 336-352 Caste, corruption and political competition in India
by Acharya, Avidit & Roemer, John E. & Somanathan, Rohini
- 353-376 Ethnic diversity, democracy, and health: Theory and evidence
by Kotera, Go & Mizuno, Nobuhiro & Okada, Keisuke & Samreth, Sovannroeun
- 377-397 Political entry, public policies, and the economy
by Mulligan, Casey B. & Tsui, Kevin K.
- 398-411 The killing game: A theory of non-democratic succession
by Egorov, Georgy & Sonin, Konstantin
- 412-438 The transparency curse: Private information and political freedom
by Londregan, John B.
- 439-452 Political geography and income inequalities
by Gregorini, Filippo
- 453-473 On the political geometry of international unions: A coalition-theoretic approach
by Konstantinidis, Nikitas
2015, Volume 69, Issue 2
- 123-131 Trade policy and industrialisation when backward and forward linkages matter
by Baldwin, Richard & Venables, Anthony J.
- 132-156 Delocation and trade agreements in imperfectly competitive markets
by Bagwell, Kyle & Staiger, Robert W.
- 157-165 Intra-industry trade with Bertrand and Cournot oligopoly: The role of endogenous horizontal product differentiation
by Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J.
- 166-179 Governance, trade, and investment
by Dixit, Avinash
- 180-190 Terrorism, trade and public policy
by Anderson, James E.
- 191-213 Trade openness and the settlement of domestic disputes in the shadow of the future
by Garfinkel, Michelle R. & Syropoulos, Constantinos
- 214-223 Endogenous formation of free trade agreements in vertically related markets
by Kawabata, Yasushi
- 224-237 Trade policy in markets with collusion: The case of North–South R&D spillovers
by Boone, Jan & Žigić, Krešimir
- 238-247 Pollution, foreign direct investment, and welfare
by Lahiri, Sajal & Ono, Yoshiyasu
- 248-259 Factor price differences in a general equilibrium model of trade and imperfect competition
by Koska, Onur A. & Stähler, Frank
2015, Volume 69, Issue 1
- 1-6 Dale Mortensen: An appreciation
by Pissarides, Christopher A.
- 7-17 The response of employment and wages to aggregate shocks: On-the-job search effect
by Coles, Melvyn G. & Mortensen, Dale T.
- 18-25 Shifts in the Beveridge curve
by Diamond, Peter A. & Şahin, Ayşegül
- 26-36 Can active labor market policy be counter-productive?
by Saint-Paul, Gilles
- 37-50 Dynamics of labor demand: Evidence from plant-level observations and aggregate implications
by Cooper, Russell & Haltiwanger, John & Willis, Jonathan L.
- 51-62 Relational contracts and specific training
by Malcomson, James M.
- 63-74 The impatient salesperson and the delegation of pricing authority
by Lazear, Edward P.
- 75-85 Moral hazard and bargaining over incentive contracts
by Dittrich, Marcus & Städter, Silvio
- 86-99 On the impact of firing costs under different wage setting regimes
by Piccirilli, Giulio
- 100-121 Match effects
by Woodcock, Simon D.
2014, Volume 68, Issue 4
- 293-294 Editorial
by Etro, Federico
- 295-305 Rational inattention and revealed preference: The data-theoretic approach to economic modeling
by Caplin, Andrew
- 306-314 Coordination, timing and common knowledge
by Morris, Stephen
- 315-323 Experimental evidence on the ‘insidious’ illiquidity risk
by Besancenot, Damien & Vranceanu, Radu
- 324-337 Incentives and managerial effort under competitive pressure: An experiment
by Ennasri, Ahmed & Willinger, Marc
- 338-353 Price versus quantity in a mixed duopoly with foreign penetration
by Haraguchi, Junichi & Matsumura, Toshihiro
- 354-371 Inflation dynamics in open economies: Empirical evidence for G7 countries on the role of import prices and the cost channel
by Lagoa, Sérgio
2014, Volume 68, Issue 3
- 194-207 Public health infrastructure and growth: Ways to improve the inferior equilibrium under multiple equilibria
by Hosoya, Kei
- 208-213 Fiscal imbalances and asymmetric adjustment under Labour and Conservative governments in the UK
by Kollias, Christos & Papadamou, Stephanos & Psarianos, Iacovos
- 214-221 Exchange rate effects on Korea–U.S. bilateral trade: A new look
by Baek, Jungho
- 222-229 Ranking the optimum tariff and the maximum revenue tariff in vertically related markets
by Wang, Leonard F.S. & Lee, Jen-yao
- 230-238 Biased managers as strategic commitment: The relative profit approach
by Nakamura, Yasuhiko
- 239-247 Vertical technology transfer and the welfare implications of patent protection
by Mukherjee, Arijit & Neogi, Chiranjib
- 248-256 Impact of foreign direct investments on economic growth in Africa: Evidence from three decades of panel data analyses
by Gui-Diby, Steve Loris
- 257-263 The nexus among foreign investment, domestic capital and economic growth: Empirical evidence from the MENA region
by Omri, Anis & kahouli, Bassem
- 264-276 Average drawdown risk reduction and risk tolerances
by Tavakoli Baghdadabad, Mohammad Reza
- 277-291 Agricultural subsidy policies fail to deal with child labour under agricultural dualism: What could be the alternative policies?
by Dwibedi, Jayanta Kumar & Chaudhuri, Sarbajit
2014, Volume 68, Issue 2
- 95-111 Endogenous ranking and equilibrium Lorenz curve across (ex-ante) identical countries: A generalization
by Matsuyama, Kiminori
- 112-116 Multiple equilibria in the Aghion–Howitt model
by Benhabib, Jess
- 117-132 Endogenous human capital formation, distance to frontier and growth
by Basu, Sujata & Keswani Mehra, Meeta
- 133-143 On the nonlinear relationship between inflation and economic growth
by Eggoh, Jude C. & Khan, Muhammad
- 144-156 Testing the Uzawa–Lucas model with OECD data
by Hartwig, Jochen
- 157-168 Profits and competition under alternative technologies in a unionized duopoly with product differentiation
by Fanti, Luciano & Meccheri, Nicola
- 169-192 On the regime-switching and asymmetric dynamics of economic growth in the OECD countries
by Singh, Tarlok
2014, Volume 68, Issue 1
- 1-10 Rhetoric and analogies
by Aragones, Enriqueta & Gilboa, Itzhak & Postlewaite, Andrew & Schmeidler, David
- 11-26 De Finetti meets Ellsberg
by Epstein, Larry G. & Seo, Kyoungwon
- 27-38 Optimal contracting with altruism and reciprocity
by Bassi, Matteo & Pagnozzi, Marco & Piccolo, Salvatore
- 39-56 Risk aversion in the Eurozone
by Benchimol, Jonathan
- 57-69 The artist–art dealer relationship as a marketing channel
by Cellini, Roberto & Cuccia, Tiziana
- 70-83 Test for the real option in consumer behavior
by Li, Eric A.L.
- 84-93 Downstream mode of competition with upstream market power
by Manasakis, Constantine & Vlassis, Minas
2013, Volume 67, Issue 4
- 289-306 Anti-Malthus: Conflict and the evolution of societies
by Levine, David K. & Modica, Salvatore
- 307-315 Is the Euro-Area core price index really more persistent than the food and energy price indexes?
by Belbute, José Manuel
- 316-323 Demography and pollution
by Bosi, Stefano & Desmarchelier, David
- 324-327 A note on ‘Corporate Social Responsibility and Marketing Channel Coordination’
by Brand, Björn & Grothe, Michael
- 328-335 A dynamic game for fiscal federalism with non-local externalities
by Cartigny, Pierre & Champarnaud, Luc
- 336-354 Using bounds to investigate household debt repayment behaviour
by Grant, Charles & Padula, Mario
- 355-367 Distributional conflict in small open economies
by Schäfer, Andreas & Steger, Thomas
2013, Volume 67, Issue 3
- 215-225 Currency depreciations and the U.S.–Italian trade balance: Industry-level estimates
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Harvey, Hanafiah & Hegerty, Scott
- 226-242 Economic growth and poverty traps in sub-Saharan Africa: The role of education and TFP shocks
by Cazzavillan, Guido & Donadelli, Michael & Persha, Lauren
- 243-258 Expectations hypothesis in the context of debt crisis: Evidence from five major EU countries
by Koukouritakis, Minoas
- 259-277 The evolution of conventions in minimum effort games
by Bagnoli, Lidia & Negroni, Giorgio
- 278-288 Cash-in-advance constraint, optimal monetary policy, and human capital accumulation
by Yanagihara, Mitsuyoshi & Lu, Chen
2013, Volume 67, Issue 2
- 111-116 A note on the effects of market power distribution in Cordella and Gabszewicz's Ricardian model
by Bacchiega, Emanuele
- 117-132 Career concerns and firm – sponsored general training
by Bilanakos, Christos
- 133-144 Asymmetric behavior of inflation differentials in the euro area: Evidence from a threshold unit root test
by Giannellis, Nikolaos
- 145-156 Expropriation risk and discounting
by Immordino, Giovanni & Padula, Mario
- 157-178 Inventory investment and financial constraints in the Italian manufacturing industry: A panel data GMM approach
by Sangalli, Ilaria
- 179-188 Acquisition vsus de novo entry: A theoretical appraisal
by Tarola, Ornella
- 189-214 Noncognitive skills in economics: Models, measurement, and empirical evidence
by Thiel, Hendrik & Thomsen, Stephan L.
2013, Volume 67, Issue 1
- 1-12 Exchange rate volatility and its impact on domestic investment
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Hajilee, Massomeh
- 13-24 ‘Expressive’ obligations in public good games: Crowding-in and crowding-out effects
by Bernasconi, Michele & Corazzini, Luca & Marenzi, Anna
- 25-38 Advertising and search engines. A model of leadership in search advertising
by Etro, Federico
- 39-58 Partnership, reciprocity and team design
by De Marco, Giuseppe & Immordino, Giovanni
- 59-75 On Stackelberg competition in strategic multilateral exchange
by Julien, Ludovic A.
- 76-87 The Feldstein–Horioka puzzle in groupings of OECD members: A panel approach
by Ketenci, Natalya
- 88-99 Money illusion and the long-run Phillips curve in staggered wage-setting models
by Vaona, Andrea
- 100-110 Regularity and Pareto improving on financial equilibria with price-dependent borrowing restrictions
by Gori, Michele & Pireddu, Marina & Villanacci, Antonio
2012, Volume 66, Issue 4
- 297-304 Corruption and positive selection in privatization
by Buia, Raluca E. & Molinari, M. Cristina
- 305-319 Interaction between foreign financial services and foreign direct investment in Transition Economies: An empirical analysis with focus on the manufacturing sector
by Cazzavillan, Guido & Olszewski, Krzysztof
- 320-348 On the role of liquidity in emerging markets stock prices
by Donadelli, Michael & Prosperi, Lorenzo
- 349-354 Firms' internationalization and productivity growth
by Merino, Fernando
- 355-370 Welfare, competition, specialization and growth
by Onori, Daria
- 371-374 On the boundary behavior of the excess demand function
by Ruscitti, Francesco
- 375-382 Asymmetric cross-price effects and collusion
by Savorelli, Luca
- 383-390 Investigating heterogeneity in European fiscal behaviours
by Schalck, Christophe
- 391-397 International tax arbitrage and residence vs. source-based capital income taxation
by Strobel, Frank
- 398-405 International trade and macroeconomic dynamics: The case of U.S. bilateral trade with G-7 countries
by Walter, Jason & Baek, Jungho & Koo, Won W.
2012, Volume 66, Issue 2
- 111-130 Budgetary policies in a DSGE model with finite horizons
by Annicchiarico, Barbara & Giammarioli, Nicola & Piergallini, Alessandro
- 131-141 An empirical investigation of the determinants of R&D cooperation: An application of the inverse hyperbolic sine transformation
by Carboni, Oliviero A.
- 142-148 Corporate social responsibility and marketing channel coordination
by Goering, Gregory E.
- 149-160 Income inequality and economic incentives: Is there an equity–efficiency tradeoff?
by Stevans, Lonnie K.
- 161-174 Access profit-sharing regulation with information acquisition and transmission
by Stroffolini, Francesca
- 175-183 Stock market booms in economies damaged during World War II
by Suzuki, Shiba
- 184-194 Do minimum quality standards bite in polluting industries?
by Lambertini, Luca & Tampieri, Alessandro
- 195-212 Strategic accessibility competition
by Bacchiega, Emanuele & Randon, Emanuela & Zirulia, Lorenzo
2012, Volume 66, Issue 1
- 1-6 Male versus female guest-worker migration: Does it matter for fertility in the source country?
by Azarnert, Leonid V.
- 7-17 Pooled Mean Group estimation on international capital mobility in African countries
by Bangake, Chrysost & Eggoh, Jude C.
- 18-21 An indifference result concerning collusion in spatial frameworks
by Colombo, Stefano
- 22-32 Horizontal market concentration: Theoretical insights from spatial models
by Cosnita-Langlais, Andreea
- 33-44 Constrained discretion in Sweden
by Creel, Jérôme & Hubert, Paul
- 45-64 Thought experimentation and the Phillips curve
by Gomes, Orlando
- 65-71 PAYG pensions, tax-cum-subsidy and A-Pareto efficiency
by Fanti, Luciano & Gori, Luca
- 72-81 Advantages of backwardness and forwardness with shifting comparative advantage
by Harada, Tsutomu
- 82-96 Uncertainty and central bank transparency: A non-Bayesian approach
by Laskar, Daniel
- 97-105 A decomposition of monopolistic quality distortion
by Sibly, Hugh
- 106-109 Domestic entry, optimum-welfare and maximum-revenue tariffs
by Wang, Leonard F.S. & Lee, Jen-Yao
December 2011, Volume 65, Issue 4
- 279-293 Culture and human capital in a two-sector endogenous growth model
by Bucci, Alberto & Segre, Giovanna
- 294-304 The rich, the poor, and the middle class: Thresholds and intensity indices
by Eisenhauer, Joseph G.
- 305-318 Remittances as a social status signaling device
by Naiditch, Claire & Vranceanu, Radu
- 319-331 Endogenous order and information aggregation
by Bhalla, Manaswini
- 332-339 Bankable emission permits under uncertainty and optimal risk-management rules
by Chevallier, Julien & Etner, Johanna & Jouvet, Pierre-André
- 340-352 Optimal growth when environmental quality is a research asset
by Groth, Christian & Ricci, Francesco
- 353-364 On the relationship between population change and sustainable development
by Marsiglio, Simone
September 2011, Volume 65, Issue 3
- 137-143 Environmental awareness and environmental R&D spillovers in differentiated duopoly
by Yakita, Akira & Yamauchi, Hisayuki
- 144-151 Input pricing by an upstream monopolist into imperfectly competitive downstream markets
by Pinopoulos, Ioannis N.
- 152-157 Lifetime employment contract and reaction functions of profit-maximizing and labor-managed firms
by Ohnishi, Kazuhiro
- 158-163 Recession in the skilled sector and implications for informal wage
by Marjit, Sugata & Kar, Saibal & Chaudhuri, Sarbajit
- 164-179 Which institutions matter to short-term market efficiency in Japan?
by Wang, Anxing & Zhou, Jimei & Chen, Tao
- 180-194 Technological change and monetary policy in a sticky-price model
by Tsuzuki, Eiji & Inoue, Tomohiro
- 195-208 Monetary and fiscal policy interactions with central bank transparency and public investment
by Dai, Meixing & Sidiropoulos, Moïse
- 209-220 The influence of labour market institutions on job complexity
by Amine, Samir & Lages Dos Santos, Pedro
- 221-231 New fuzzy indices of poverty by distinguishing three levels of poverty
by Belhadj, Besma
- 232-242 Wage traps as a cause of illiteracy, child labor, and extreme poverty
by Gärtner, Dennis L. & Gärtner, Manfred
- 243-253 Regional growth in China: An empirical investigation using multiple imputation and province-level panel data
by Phillips, Kerk L. & Chen, Baizhu
- 254-258 On the rationale of spatial discrimination with quantity-setting firms
by Colombo, Stefano