Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus .
2018, Volume 96, Issue C
- 1-14 External cost of leverage adjustment: Evidence from defined benefit pension plans
by Kim, Tae-Nyun & Kim, Kihun
- 15-41 Banking competition, banking stability, and economic growth: Are feedback effects at work?
by Jayakumar, Manju & Pradhan, Rudra P. & Dash, Saurav & Maradana, Rana P. & Gaurav, Kunal
- 42-58 Institutions: Key variable for economic development in Latin America
by Vianna, Andre C. & Mollick, Andre V.
- 59-68 Financial development, remittances, and poverty reduction: Empirical evidence from a macroeconomic viewpoint
by Inoue, Takeshi
- 69-89 The impact of the Volcker rule on targeted banks, systemic risk, liquidity, and financial reporting quality
by Elayan, Fayez A. & Aktas, Rafet & Brown, Kareen & Pacharn, Parunchana
2018, Volume 95, Issue C
- 3-25 Cross-border vs. domestic acquisitions: Evidence from India
by Chidambaran, N.K. & Krishnakumar, Dipali & Sethi, Madhvi
- 26-46 Basel III: Effects of capital and liquidity regulations on European bank lending
by Roulet, Caroline
- 47-58 Informed and uninformed investors in Iran: Evidence from the Tehran Stock Exchange
by Jalilvand, Abolhassan & Noroozabad, Mojtaba Rostami & Switzer, Jeannette
- 59-74 The impact of M&A strategies on the operating performance and investments of European IPO firms
by Giudici, Giancarlo & Bonaventura, Matteo
- 75-86 The effect of the European Markets in Financial Instruments Directive on affiliated analysts’ earnings forecast optimism
by Prokop, Jörg & Kammann, Benno
- 87-102 Cross-border arbitrage and acquirers’ returns in the Eurozone crisis
by Ayton, Julie & Rao-Nicholson, Rekha
- 103-118 The impact of accounting laws and standards on bank risks: Evidence from transition countries
by Fang, Yiwei & Fornaro, James & Li, Lingxiang & Zhu, Yun
- 119-140 Incentive compensation, accounting discretion and bank capital
by Koch, Timothy W. & Waggoner, Daniel F. & Wall, Larry D.
- 141-163 Does it pay to get connected? An examination of bank alliance network and bond spread
by Hasan, Iftekhar & Meslier, Céline & Tarazi, Amine & Zhou, Mingming
2017, Volume 94, Issue C
- 1-14 Debt spikes and stock flow adjustments: Emerging economies in perspective
by Jaramillo, Laura & Mulas-Granados, Carlos & Kimani, Elijah
- 15-31 Telecommunications deregulation and the motives for mergers
by Okoeguale, Kevin I. & Loveland, Robert
- 32-42 Industry herd behaviour in financing decision making
by Camara, Omar
- 43-53 The efficiency of Japanese financial cooperatives: An application of parametric distance functions
by Yamori, Nobuyoshi & Harimaya, Kozo & Tomimura, Kei
- 54-65 Director and CEO pay reciprocity and CEO board membership
by Li, Michelle & Roberts, Helen
2017, Volume 93, Issue C
- 1-14 Lean against the wind: The moderation effect of foreign investments during the economic recession in Russia
by Bykova, Anna & Jardon, Carlos M.
- 15-28 The impact of oil shocks on the housing market: Evidence from Canada and U.S
by Killins, Robert N. & Egly, Peter V. & Escobari, Diego
- 29-45 Sector-specific analysis of non-performing loans in the US banking system and their macroeconomic impact
by Ghosh, Amit
- 46-61 Disagreement in expectations about public debt, monetary policy credibility and inflation risk premium
by Montes, Gabriel Caldas & Curi, Alexandre
- 62-79 Product recalls and security prices: New evidence from the US market
by Unsal, Omer & Hassan, M. Kabir & Zirek, Duygu
2017, Volume 92, Issue C
- 1-9 The value of credit rating changes across economic cycles
by Ryan, Patricia A. & Villupuram, Sriram V. & Zygo, Jeffrey G.
- 10-28 Impact of Market Timing on the Capital Structure of Russian Companies
by Zavertiaeva, Marina & Nechaeva, Iuliia
- 29-44 Regionally integrated asset pricing on the African stock markets: Evidence from the Fama French and Carhart models
by Boamah, Nicholas Addai & Watts, Edward & Loudon, Geoffrey
- 45-62 Inflation targeting and inflation persistence: New evidence from fractional integration and cointegration
by Canarella, Giorgio & Miller, Stephen M.
- 63-79 Director connectedness and firm value in S&P 500 Index reconstitutions
by Baran, Lindsay
2017, Volume 91, Issue C
2017, Volume 90, Issue C
- 1-16 Do bank failures still matter in affecting regional economic activity?
by Ghosh, Amit
- 17-30 The impact of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act on corporate innovation
by Gu, Yuqi & Zhang, Ling
- 31-48 Capital investment and internationalization
by Vithessonthi, Chaiporn
- 49-64 Transmission of financial stress in Europe: The pivotal role of Italy and Spain, but not Greece
by González-Hermosillo, Brenda & Johnson, Christian
- 65-76 That is what friends do: employee friendliness and innovation
by Adhikari, Hari P. & Choi, Wonseok & Sah, Nilesh B.
2017, Volume 89, Issue C
- 1-12 Market adaptation to Regulation Fair Disclosure: The use of industry information to enhance the informational environment
by Yu, Susana & Webb, Gwendolyn
- 13-19 The Bad, the boom and the bust: Profit warnings over the business cycle
by Cox, Raymond A.K. & Dayanandan, Ajit & Donker, Han & Nofsinger, John
- 20-35 Stock returns and interest rates around the World: A panel data approach
by Assefa, Tibebe A. & Esqueda, Omar A. & Mollick, André Varella
- 36-46 Rationality and honesty of consumers in insurance decisions
by Moreno, Ignacio & Vázquez, Francisco J. & Watt, Richard
- 47-56 Comparing Federal Reserve, Blue Chip, and time series forecasts of US output growth
by Baghestani, Hamid & AbuAl-Foul, Bassam M.
2016, Volume 88, Issue C
2016, Volume 87, Issue C
2016, Volume 86, Issue C
2016, Volume 85, Issue C
- 1-12 Market concentration and nonlinear pricing in European banking
by Michis, Antonis A.
- 13-28 Monetary policy regimes and the forward bias for foreign exchange
by Lafuente, Juan A. & Pérez, Rafaela & Ruiz, Jesús
- 29-48 How do analysts react to shareholder class action lawsuits?
by Hickox, Chet & Lin, Bing-Xuan & Oppenheimer, Henry & Zhang, Ting
- 49-72 Enhancing mean–variance portfolio selection by modeling distributional asymmetries
by Yew Low, Rand Kwong & Faff, Robert & Aas, Kjersti
- 73-83 Comparison of generic advertising for a competitive industry to a monopolist
by Just, Richard E. & Pope, Rulon D.
2016, Volume 84, Issue C
- 14-29 Do state regulations affect payday lender concentration?
by Barth, James R. & Hilliard, Jitka & Jahera, John S. & Sun, Yanfei
- 30-49 A cost-benefit analysis of judicial foreclosure delay and a preliminary look at new mortgage servicing rules
by Cordell, Larry & Lambie-Hanson, Lauren
- 50-78 Countercyclical capital regime revisited: Tests of robustness
by Smith, Scott & Fuller, Debra & Bogin, Alex & Polkovnichenko, Nataliya & Weiher, Jesse
- 79-94 (Un)expected housing price changes: Identifying the drivers of small business finance
by Kapinos, Pavel & Gurley-Calvez, Tami & Kapinos, Kandice
- 95-108 Spillover effects of continuous forbearance mortgages
by Karamon, Kadiri & McManus, Douglas & Yannopoulos, Elias
- 109-130 Cost of funds indexed mortgage contracts with government-backed catastrophic insurance (COFI-Cats): A realistic alternative to the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage?
by Hancock, Diana & Passmore, Wayne
- 131-147 Payment shock in HELOCs at the end of the draw period
by Epouhe, Onesime & Hall, Arden
- 148-161 Why are aggressive mortgage products bad for the housing market?
by Davidson, Andrew & Levin, Alex & Pavlov, Andrey D. & Wachter, Susan M.
2016, Volume 83, Issue C
- 1-22 Survivability following reverse stock splits: What determines the fate of non-surviving firms?
by Neuhauser, Karyn L. & Thompson, Thomas H.
- 23-43 The accuracy of forecasts prepared for the Federal Open Market Committee
by Chang, Andrew C. & Hanson, Tyler J.
- 44-69 Bank capital pressures, loan substitutability, and nonfinancial employment
by Lee, Seung Jung & Stebunovs, Viktors
- 70-90 Bank efficiency and local market conditions. Evidence from Italy
by Aiello, Francesco & Bonanno, Graziella
- 91-122 Investment policy at family firms: Evidence from Thailand
by Connelly, J. Thomas
2015, Volume 82, Issue C
- 3-16 CEO power, ownership structure and pay performance in Chinese banking
by Luo, Yongli
- 17-41 Corporate governance and performance of financial institutions
by Zagorchev, Andrey & Gao, Lei
- 42-61 Corporate governance and the systemic risk of financial institutions
by Iqbal, Jamshed & Strobl, Sascha & Vähämaa, Sami
- 62-83 Procyclicality of credit rating systems: How to manage it
by Cesaroni, Tatiana
- 84-112 Market structure, institutional framework and bank efficiency in ASEAN 5
by Chan, Sok-Gee & Koh, Eric H.Y. & Zainir, Fauzi & Yong, Chen-Chen
- 113-134 M&As and market value creation in the information security industry
by Khansa, Lara
2015, Volume 81, Issue C
2015, Volume 80, Issue C
2015, Volume 79, Issue C
- 1-37 Stocks, bonds, T-bills and inflation hedging: From great moderation to great recession
by Spierdijk, Laura & Umar, Zaghum
- 38-61 The determinants of foreign trading volume of stocks listed in multiple markets
by Dodd, Olga & Louca, Christodoulos & Paudyal, Krishna
- 62-81 Dividends as a signaling device and the disappearing dividend puzzle
by Shapiro, Dmitry & Zhuang, Anan
- 82-99 Firm-level conditions to engage in public-private partnerships: What can we learn?
by Lopes, Ana Isabel & Teixeira Caetano, Tânia
- 100-117 Financial integration and stability in the Southern African development community
by Motelle, Sephooko & Biekpe, Nicholas
2015, Volume 78, Issue C
- 1-13 Sovereign Wealth Funds: A literature review
by Alhashel, Bader
- 14-47 A comparison of Expected Shortfall estimation models
by Righi, Marcelo Brutti & Ceretta, Paulo Sergio
- 48-78 Bargaining power of targets: Takeover defenses and top-tier target advisors
by Ertugrul, Mine
- 79-91 The impact of credit rating announcements on corporate CDS markets—Are intra-industry effects observable?
by Wengner, Andreas & Burghof, Hans-Peter & Schneider, Johannes
- 92-117 Loan loss provisions, accounting constraints, and bank ownership structure
by Balla, Eliana & Rose, Morgan J.
2015, Volume 77, Issue C
- 1-15 Product market segmentation and output collusion within substitute products
by Xu, Xu & Coatney, Kalyn T.
- 16-41 An examination of non-government-assisted US commercial bank mergers during the financial crisis
by Dunn, Jessica Kay & Intintoli, Vincent J. & McNutt, Jamie John
- 42-59 Do remittances promote economic growth in the Caribbean Community and Common Market?
by Lim, Sokchea & Simmons, Walter O.
- 60-78 Banking system concentration and unemployment in developing countries
by Feldmann, Horst
- 79-93 Are retail prices of ethanol, gasoline and natural gas in the midwest cointegrated? An asymmetric threshold cointegration analysis
by Koto, Prosper Senyo
- 94-117 Executive compensation and the corporate spin-off decision
by Feng, Yi & Nandy, Debarshi K. & Tian, Yisong S.
2014, Volume 76, Issue C
- 10-38 Implicit guarantees, business models and banks’ risk-taking through the crisis: Global and European perspectives
by Prabha, Apanard (Penny) & Wihlborg, Clas
- 39-54 The political economy of the Euro crisis: Cognitive biases, faulty mental models, and time inconsistency
by Willett, Thomas D. & Srisorn, Nancy
- 55-84 Sovereign bond yield spreads and market sentiment and expectations: Empirical evidence from Euro area countries
by Aristei, David & Martelli, Duccio
- 85-100 Securitized banking and the Euro financial crisis: Evidence from the Italian banks risk-taking
by Battaglia, Francesca & Gallo, Angela & Mazzuca, Maria
- 101-114 Investment and saving and the euro crisis: A new look at Feldstein–Horioka
by Johnson, Mark A. & Lamdin, Douglas J.
- 115-132 Transmission of the debt crisis: From EU15 to USA or vice versa? A GVAR approach
by Konstantakis, Konstantinos N. & Michaelides, Panayotis G.
- 133-139 Cross-asset contagion in times of stress
by Papavassiliou, Vassilios G.
2014, Volume 75, Issue C
- 1-24 The forward looking information content of equity and bond markets for aggregate investments
by Gallegati, Marco & Ramsey, James B.
- 25-59 Fixed investment/fundamental sensitivities under financial constraints
by Bayraktar, Nihal
- 60-79 Adjustment costs, financial frictions and aggregate investment
by Casalin, Fabrizio & Dia, Enzo
- 80-92 Dynamic effects of financial stress on the U.S. real estate market performance
by Sum, Vichet
- 93-125 What determines takeover premia: An empirical analysis
by Simonyan, Karen
- 126-162 Corporate governance reform in Malaysia: Board size, independence and monitoring
by Germain, Laurent & Galy, Nadine & Lee, Wanling
2014, Volume 73, Issue C
- 1-21 Subordinated debt as instrument of market discipline: Risk sensitivity of sub-debt yield spreads in UK banking
by Zhang, Zhichao & Song, Wei & Sun, Xin & Shi, Nan
- 22-47 Does relationship matter? The choice of financial advisors
by Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Sun, Xian
- 48-64 Dynamic correlation structure and security risk
by Vozlyublennaia, Nadia & Meshcheryakov, Artem
- 65-96 The impact of institutional quality on initial public offerings
by Autore, Don M. & Boulton, Thomas J. & Smart, Scott B. & Zutter, Chad J.
- 97-119 Identifying speculators in the FX market: A microstructure approach
by Schreiber, Ben Z.
2014, Volume 72, Issue C
- 1-29 Analysis of dividend policy of dual and single class U.S corporations
by Amoako-Adu, Ben & Baulkaran, Vishaal & Smith, Brian F.
- 30-43 Antitakeover provisions, managerial entrenchment and firm innovation
by Chakraborty, Atreya & Rzakhanov, Zaur & Sheikh, Shahbaz
- 44-57 Role of financial systems in a sticky price model
by Ida, Daisuke
- 58-83 Bank procyclicality and output: Issues and policies
by Athanasoglou, Panayiotis P. & Daniilidis, Ioannis & Delis, Manthos D.
- 84-103 Corporate social responsibility and CEO compensation revisited: Do disaggregation, market stress, gender matter?
by Rekker, Saphira A.C. & Benson, Karen L. & Faff, Robert W.
2014, Volume 71, Issue C
- 1-21 Borrower–lender distance and loan default rates: Macro evidence from the Italian local markets
by Milani, Carlo
- 22-44 The stock market impact of government interventions on financial services industry groups: Evidence from the 2007–2009 crisis
by Pennathur, Anita & Smith, Deborah & Subrahmanyam, Vijaya
- 45-67 Interest rate risk and the creation of the Monetary Policy Committee: Evidence from banks’ and life insurance companies’ stocks in the UK
by Papadamou, Stephanos & Siriopoulos, Costas
- 68-89 Portfolio optimization in an upside potential and downside risk framework
by Cumova, Denisa & Nawrocki, David
- 90-102 Inflation risk premium implied by options
by Azoulay, Eddy & Brenner, Menachem & Landskroner, Yoram & Stein, Roy
2013, Volume 70, Issue C
- 3-15 Globalization of monitoring practices: The case of American influences on the dismissal risk of European CEOs
by Oxelheim, Lars & Randøy, Trond
- 16-26 CEO presence on the compensation committee: a puzzle
by Boyle, Glenn & Roberts, Helen
- 27-42 Does CEO turnover matter in China? Evidence from the stock market
by Pessarossi, Pierre & Weill, Laurent
- 43-70 How does the relationship between multiple large shareholders affect corporate valuations? Evidence from China
by Cheng, Minying & Lin, Bingxuan & Wei, Minghai
- 71-91 Director compensation in emerging markets: A case study of Thailand
by Theeravanich, Amnaj
- 92-110 Corporate governance and company performance across Sub-Saharan African countries
by Munisi, Gibson & Randøy, Trond
- 111-125 Productivity and survival of family firms in Japan
by Morikawa, Masayuki
2013, Volume 69, Issue C
- 1-34 Risk contagion in the north-western and southern European stock markets
by de Araújo, André da Silva & Garcia, Maria Teresa Medeiros
- 35-44 Preemptive bidding in takeover auctions with externality
by Dodonova, Anna
- 45-63 Estimating and testing beta pricing models on industries
by Hammami, Yacine & Lindahl, Anna
- 64-85 Time-series momentum as an intra- and inter-industry effect: Implications for market efficiency
by Shynkevich, Andrei
- 86-100 Competition, ownership and productivity. A panel analysis of Czech firms
by Baghdasaryan, Delia & la Cour, Lisbeth
- 101-108 Comment on Johnson and Soenen (2004): The US stock market and the international value of the US dollar
by Dicle, Mehmet F. & Levendis, John
2013, Volume 68, Issue C
- 1-23 Prospect theory and utility theory: Temporary versus permanent attitude toward risk
by Levy, Haim & Wiener, Zvi
- 24-42 Changes in the oil price-inflation pass-through
by Valcarcel, Victor J. & Wohar, Mark E.
- 43-51 How growing asset inequality affects developing economies
by Beladi, Hamid & Chao, Chi-Chur & Hollas, Daniel
- 52-69 Value creation from financing in equity carve-outs: Evidence from Japan
by Otsubo, Minoru
- 70-82 Price movements and the prevalence of informed traders: The case of line movement in college basketball
by Krieger, Kevin & Fodor, Andy
2013, Volume 67, Issue C
2013, Volume 66, Issue C
- 1-21 Are regulatory management evaluations informative about bank accounting returns and risk?
by Gaul, Lewis & Palvia, Ajay
- 22-46 Real exchange rates, trade balance and capital flows in Africa
by Kodongo, Odongo & Ojah, Kalu
- 47-75 Commercial banks getting underwriting business: Tying or business building?
by Krishnan, Karthik
- 76-97 Firm profitability: Mean-reverting or random-walk behavior?
by Canarella, Giorgio & Miller, Stephen M. & Nourayi, Mahmoud M.
- 98-124 Liquidity provision in a limit order book without adverse selection
by Bayar, Onur
2012, Volume 64, Issue 6
2012, Volume 64, Issue 5
2012, Volume 64, Issue 4
2012, Volume 64, Issue 3
2012, Volume 64, Issue 2
2012, Volume 64, Issue 1
- 7-23 After the global financial crisis: From international to multinational banking?
by McCauley, Robert & McGuire, Patrick & von Peter, Goetz
- 24-36 Moving FDIC insurance to an asset-based assessment system: Evidence from the special assessment of 2009
by Hein, Scott E. & Koch, Timothy W. & Nounamo, Chrislain
- 37-62 Macro-prudential policy on liquidity: What does a DSGE model tell us?
by Chadha, Jagjit S. & Corrado, Luisa
- 63-76 Anchoring bias in the TARP warrant negotiations
by Wilson, Linus
- 77-89 Indian financial market regulation: A dialectic model
by Vashishtha, Ashutosh & Sharma, Anil K.
- 90-104 The information content of the Banking Regulatory Agencies and the Depository Credit Intermediation Institutions
by Elshahat, A. & Parhizgari, Ali & Hong, Liang
- 105-115 Creating a linchpin for financial data: Toward a universal legal entity identifier
by Bottega, John A. & Powell, Linda F.
2011, Volume 63, Issue 6
- 531-551 Bank monitoring, profit efficiency and the commercial lending business model
by Akhigbe, Aigbe & McNulty, James E.
- 558-581 Leverage and growth: Effect of stock options
by Francis, Bill & Hasan, Iftekhar & Sharma, Zenu
- 582-604 Treasury Bond risk and return, the implications for the hedging of consumption and lessons for asset pricing
by Michelfelder, Richard A. & Pilotte, Eugene A.
- 605-637 Joint ventures in patent contests with spillovers and the role of strategic budgeting
by Jost, Peter-J.
- 638-662 Political cycles under external economic constraints: Evidence from Cyprus
by Efthyvoulou, Georgios
September 2011, Volume 63, Issue 5
- 345-348 Causes, consequences and cures of the subprime financial crisis
by Yeager, Timothy J.
- 349-371 A binomial model of Geithner's toxic asset plan
by Wilson, Linus
- 372-391 Charter value, Tobin's Q and bank risk during the subprime financial crisis
by Jones, Jeffrey S. & Miller, Scott A. & Yeager, Timothy J.
- 392-411 Assessing the effectiveness of the Paulson "teaser freezer" Plan: Evidence from the ABX index
by Balla, Eliana & Carpenter, Robert E. & Robinson, Breck L.
- 412-430 What explains default risk premium during the financial crisis? Evidence from Japan
by Naifar, Nader
- 431-440 Leverage regulation: An agent-based simulation
by Feldman, Todd
- 441-455 It happened again: A Minskian analysis of the subprime loan crisis
by Silipo, Damiano B.
- 456-471 CEO incentives and bank risk
by Acrey, James Cash & McCumber, William R. & Nguyen, Thu Hien T.