Journal of Economics and Business
1995, Volume 47, Issue 4
- 335-351 Emperical analysis of short-term eurocurrency rates: Evidence from a transfer function error correction model
by Chiang, Thomas C. & Chiang, Jeanette Jin
- 353-367 Output, price, and welfare under nonlinear pricing in an imperfectly competitive industry
by Cheung, Francis K. & Wang, Xinghe
- 369-383 Intertrack wagering and the demand for parimutuel horse racing
by Thalheimer, Richard & Ali, Mukhtar M.
- 385-395 Cournot oligopoly and systematic risk
by Kit Pong Wong
1995, Volume 47, Issue 3
- 241-254 Do locals perform better than foreigners?: An analysis of UK and US mutual fund managers
by Shukla, Ravi K. & van Inwegen, Gregory B.
- 255-265 A reexamination of Mishkin's neutrality test
by Shelley, Gary L. & Wallace, Frederick H.
- 267-279 Systematic risk, wage rates, and factor substitution
by Lee, Cheng-Few & Chen, K. C. & Liaw, K. Thomas
- 281-292 Cointegration analysis of the expectations theory of the term structure
by Nourzad, Farrokh & Scott Grennier, R.
- 293-301 The market structure of the US aluminum industry
by Boyd, Roy G. & Jung, Chulho & Seldon, Barry J.
- 303-316 The impact of retirement wealth upon portfolio composition of individuals
by Ligon, James A.
1995, Volume 47, Issue 2
- 91-93 Central banking at a crossroads: Introduction
by VanHoose, David D.
- 95-111 Restructuring the Fed
by Havrilesky, Thomas
- 113-136 Policymakers, institutions, and central bank decisions
by Chappell, Henry Jr. & Havrilesky, Thomas M. & McGregor, Rob Roy
- 137-149 Central bank independence and the output-inflation tradeoff
by Froyen, Richard T. & Waud, Roger N.
- 151-163 Why the price level wanders aimlessly
by Hetzel, Robert L.
- 165-192 Inflation targeting in the 1990s: The experiences of New Zealand, Canada, and the United Kingdom
by Ammer, John & Freeman, Richard T.
- 193-203 The compatibility of central bank price rules with financial stability
by Toma, Mark
- 217-237 Money, trust, and central banking
by Giannini, Curzio
1995, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 1-16 On rules versus discretion in procedures to halt trade
by Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar
- 17-37 Cyclical fluctuations across industries of the United States: Evidence and implications
by Kandil, Magda
- 39-56 Signaling theory and risk perception: An experimental study
by Levy, Haim & Lazarovich-Porat, Esther
- 57-64 A reexamination of the efficiency of price and output indexed sovereign debt contracts
by Bandopadhyaya, Arindam
- 65-77 Employers' hiring decisions and inefficiency in the market for economists
by Tano, Doki K. & Black, David C.
- 79-90 A vector autoregressive model of the Saudi Arabian economy
by Rosser, J. Jr. & Sheehan, Richard G.
1994, Volume 46, Issue 5
- 335-335 Letter to the readership
by Kopecky, Kenneth J.
- 337-354 Cost structure of the thrift industry: Effects of acquisition and deregulation
by Pantalone, Coleen C. & Platt, Marjorie B.
- 355-365 Employing conditional variance processes to examine the market efficiency of the gold rates of return
by Marshall, Michael & Stengos, Thanasis
- 367-379 Location choice of foreign banks in the United States
by Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Grosse, Robert
- 397-408 The effect of budget deficits on exchange rates: Evidence from five industrialized countries
by Beck, Stacie E.
- 409-420 On the optimal regulation of an extractive industry
by Semmler, Willi
- 421-427 Wage risk and the Lee, Liaw, and Rahman model
by Peyser, Paul S.
1994, Volume 46, Issue 4
- 237-237 Letter to the readership
by Kopecky, Kenneth J.
- 239-253 Uncertainty and volatility in stock prices
by Ackert, Lucy F.
- 255-267 Money and in comerelationships in the United Kingdom: Some new evidence
by Barnhart, Scott W. & Wallace, Myles S.
- 269-286 Predicting corporate bankruptcy and financial distress: Information value added by multinomial logit models
by Johnsen, Thomajean & Melicher, Ronald W.
- 287-297 The post-dual listing anomaly
by Kent Baker, H. & Khan, Walayet A. & Edelman, Richard B.
- 299-305 Loan-loss provisions of commercial banks and adequate disclosure: A note
by Wetmore, Jill L. & Brick, John R.
- 307-323 Short-term price reversals following major price innovations: Additional evidence on market overreaction
by Ketcher, David N. & Jordan, Bradford D.
- 325-334 Economic effects of first generation state antitakeover statutes on target firm shareholders
by Turk, Thomas A. & Zardkoohi, Asghar
1994, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 141-152 Inflation persistence and Fisher effects: Evidence of a regime change
by Emery, Kenneth M.
- 153-165 Impact of labor strikes on equity values: Canadian evidence
by Nelson, Morton & Amoako-Adu, Ben & Smith, Brian
- 167-177 Risk incentive problems and foreign currency bonds
by Schnabel, Jacques A. & Roumi, Ebrahim
- 179-193 Compounding period length and the market model
by Frankfurter, George M. & Leung, Wai K. & Brockman, Paul D.
- 195-206 Are regulated and potentially unregulated combination gas and electric utilities natural monopolies?
by Armstrong, Thomas O. & Leppel, Karen
- 207-213 Why are some pension plans partially funded?
by Fowler, David J. & Rumsey, John
- 215-225 Technological advance and hedging decisions in unbiased futures markets
by Firoozi, Fathali
- 227-233 Effects of wage rate on systematic risk in a Cournot duopoly
by Kit Pong Wong
1994, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 65-75 Market segmentation and oligopoly under uncertainty
by Tessitore, Anthony
- 77-88 Volatility of money growth and the U.S. velocity puzzle: Some further results
by Darrat, Ali F. & Osman Suliman, M.
- 89-100 Another explanation for nominal wage rigidities: Uncertain marginal wage taxes
by Ramagopal, K.
- 101-112 Time-varying betas and volatility persistence in International Stock markets
by Koutmos, Gregory & Lee, Unro & Theodossiu, Panayiotis
- 113-127 Business cycle effects on state corporate failure rates
by Platt, Harlan D. & Platt, Marjorie B.
- 129-134 Factors motivating mergers: The case of rural electric cooperatives
by Bacon, Frank W. & Shin, Tai S. & Murphy, Neil B.
- 135-139 Natural monopoly equilibria: Nash and von Stackelberg solutions
by Becker, Klaus G.
1994, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 1-11 Institutional investors, corporate discipline, and the role of debt
by Grier, Paul & Zychowicz, Edward J.
- 13-19 The effect of changes in the federal funds rate target on stock prices in the 1970s
by Thorbecke, Willem & Alami, Tarik
- 21-37 Observed price dispersion: Product heterogeneity, regional markets, or local market power?
by Abbott, Thomas III
- 39-54 The effect of deregulation on the efficiency of U.S. banking firms
by Grabowski, Richard & Rangan, Nanda & Rezvanian, Rasoul
- 55-63 Deregulation and airline survival: The case of braniff airways
by Tannen, Michael B.
1993, Volume 45, Issue 5
- 357-357 Letter to the readership
by Kopecky, Kenneth J.
- 361-374 A taxonomy of disclosure policies
by Yaari, Varda
- 375-392 Effects of differential information on the after-market valuation of initial public offerings
by Dark, Frederick H. & Carter, Richard B.
- 393-408 Monetary asset quality and substitutability
by Kishan, Ruby P. & Opiela, Timothy P.
- 409-419 Transmission and production of information in imperfectly competitive financial markets
by Caballe, Jordi
- 421-430 Econometric estimation of proportional hazard models
by Koop, Gary & Ruhm, Christopher J.
1993, Volume 45, Issue 3-4
- 189-189 In memoriam
by Kopecky, Kenneth J.
- 191-192 Editor's introduction special issue in honor of David Meinster
by Spindt, Paul A.
- 193-211 The measurement and analysis of monetary transactions
by Corrado, Carol & Spindt, Paul A.
- 213-229 Did monetarism die in the 1980s?
by Tanner, J. Ernest
- 231-245 Can forecast-based monetary policy be more successful than a rule?
by Thornton, Saranna R.
- 247-268 Comparing interest-rate spreads and money growth as predictors of output growth: Granger causality in the sense Granger intended
by Hess, Gregory D. & Porter, Richard D.
- 269-283 Policy and volatility of asset returns
by Tarhan, Vefa
- 285-296 A case study of the impact of monetary policy on exchange rates
by Giaccotto, Carmelo & Johnson, R. Stafford & Zuber, Richard
- 297-314 Interest rate smoothness and the nonsettling-day behavior of banks
by Kopecky, Kenneth J. & Tucker, Alan L.
- 315-329 Forecasting required loan loss reserves
by Kim, Daesik & Santomero, Anthony M.
- 331-340 The effect of foreign debt on currency values
by Ajayi, Richard A. & Choi, Jongmoo Jay
- 341-352 Nominal sovereign debt, risk shifting, and reputation
by Grossman, Herschel I. & Van Huyck, John B.
1993, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 111-127 Bank portfolio composition and macroeconomic activity
by Douglas McMillin, W.
- 129-142 The term structure of interest rates and the asset and liability decisions of a financial intermediary
by Sartoris, William L.
- 143-158 Expanded securities underwriting: Implications for bank risk and return
by Apilado, Vincent P. & Gallo, John G. & Lockwood, Larry J.
- 159-167 An investigation of the empirical distribution of bond returns
by Chan, Kam C. & Pan, Ming-Shiun & Wu, H. K.
- 169-178 Computationally convenient optimal intertemporal portfolios under linear constraints
by Mitchell, Douglas W.
- 179-182 An analysis of the Standard and Poor's stock appreciation ranking system
by O'Hara, H. Thomas & Vetere, John
- 183-188 The geometry of risk aversion: A further comment
by Dalal, Ardeshir J.
1993, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 1-16 A rationale for trade-ins
by van Ackere, Ann & Reyniers, Diane J.
- 17-33 An examination of the power of Univariate tests of the CAPM: A simulation approach
by Affleck-Graves, J. F. & Bradfield, D. J.
- 35-48 Excess returns determination: Empirical evidence from Canada
by Carmichael, Benoit & Samson, Lucie
- 49-59 Is the Canadian stock market efficient with respect to fiscal policy? Some vector autoregression results
by Ali, Syed M. & Hasan, M. Aynul
- 61-67 A twist on the Monday effect in stock returns: A note
by Liano, Kartono & Huang, Gow-Cheng & Gup, Benton E.
- 69-89 Infrastructure taxes, investment policy, and intermodal competition for the transportation industries
by Enis, Charles R. & Morash, Edward A.
- 91-98 Optimal portfolio selection without short sales under the full-information covariance structure: A pedagogic consideration
by Kwan, Clarence C. Y. & Yuan, Yufei
- 99-108 Market power, wage rate, and systematic risk: A homogeneous production function approach
by Sun, Liming
1992, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 95-114 The stock market's valuation of R&D spending and market concentration
by Doukas, John & Switzer, Lorne
- 115-125 Interest rate effects on intertemporal consumption: Do financial regulation and deregulation matter?
by Sullivan, Edward J. & Lombra, Raymond
- 127-134 Dividend policy and regulatory risk: A test of the Smith hypothesis
by Moyer, R. Charles & Rao, Ramesh & Tripathy, Niranjan
- 135-141 Industry concentration and the transmission of cost-push inflation: Evidence from the 1974 OPEC oil crisis
by Zaleski, Peter A.
- 143-150 An econometric forecasting model of revenues from urban parking facilities
by Burns, Malcolm R. & Faurot, David J.
- 151-159 Reliability and electricity pricing
by Ravid, S. Abraham
- 161-166 The corporate-treasury yield spread and state taxes
by Severn, Alan K. & Stewart, William J.
1992, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 3-17 Bond portfolio immunization: Canadian tests
by Fooladi, Iraj & Roberts, Gordon S.
- 19-30 Money and interest rates: The effects of temporal aggregation and data revisions
by Cunningham, Thomas J. & Hardouvelis, Gikas A.
- 31-45 Relative prices, aggregate prices, and wage indexation
by Carlson, John A. & Findlay, David W.
- 47-62 Generalized bankruptcy models applied to predicting consumer credit behavior
by Clarke, Darral G. & McDonald, James B.
- 63-76 Testing for nonlinear dependence in daily stock indices
by Willey, Thomas
- 77-94 Tests of inflation and industry portfolio stock returns
by Wei, K. C. John & Wong, K. Matthew
1991, Volume 43, Issue 4
- 283-285 Globalization of financial markets: Introduction
by Eun, Cheol S.
- 287-307 Exchange risk and international diversification in bond and equity portfolios
by Kaplanis, Evi & Schaefer, Stephen M.
- 309-327 Foreign exchange market liberalization and the international diversification of borrowing by Italian firms
by Giraldi, Claudio & Hamaui, Rony
- 329-338 A system of stock prices in world stock exchanges: Common stochastic trends for 1975-1990
by Jeon, Bang Nam & Chiang, Thomas C.
- 339-352 Demand and supply of forward exchange contracts under incomplete information
by Dufey, Gunter & Kazemi, Hossein B.
- 353-362 Risk, return, and equilibrium in the emerging markets: Evidence from the Korean stock market
by Bark, Hee-Kyung K.
- 363-374 International diversification and hedging: A Japanese and U.S. perspective
by Eaker, Mark & Grant, Dwight & Woodard, Nelson
- 375-388 Effect of exchange rate and interest rate risk on international fixed-income portfolios
by Hauser, Shmuel & Levy, Azriel
- 389-401 A logit methodology for predicting the imposition of exchange controls
by Safizadeh, Hossein & Fatemi, Ali
1991, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 197-214 Earnings information and the determination of dividend policy
by Bar-Yosef, Sasson & Venezia, Itzhak
- 215-229 Dominant banks, market power, and out-of-market productive capacity
by Wolken, John D. & Rose, John T.
- 231-239 Properties and Stochastic nature of BEA's early estimates of GNP
by Neftci, Salih N. & Theodossiou, Panayiotis
- 241-252 Tobin's q and measurement error: Caveat investigator
by Klock, Mark & Thies, Clifford F. & Baum, Christopher F.
- 253-263 Depository disintermediation and the equilibrium quantity of money market mutual funds
by Maggs, Gary E.
- 265-270 Why economists rank their journals the way they do
by Ellis, Larry V. & Durden, Garey C.
- 271-282 Federal reserve district directors: Support system for a public institution
by Harrison, William B.
1991, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 99-114 Relationship of takeover gains to the stake of managers in the acquiring firm
by Petry, Glenn & Settle, John
- 115-132 Reading the effects of an energy shock in financial markets
by Reinhart, Vincent
- 133-142 Survey evidence on the term structure of interest rates
by Dua, Pami
- 143-156 Anticipated competitive entry and early preemptive investment in deferrable projects
by Trigeorgis, Lenos
- 157-164 Devaluation, temporary migration and the labor-exporting economy
by Matiur Rahman, A. K. M. & Caples, Stephen
- 165-178 Corporate dividend policy and the partial adjustment model
by Bond, Michael T. & Mougoue, Mbodja
- 193-196 Invariance of results under a common orthogonalization
by Mitchell, Douglas W.
1991, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 25-35 Tax evasion and financial equilibrium
by Landskroner, Yoram & Muller, Eitan & Swary, Itzhak
- 37-47 An empirical test of an option pricing model of mortgage-backed securities pricing
by Murphy, J. Austin
- 49-57 Examining the sensitivity of the standardized cumulative prediction error as an event study test statistic
by Glascock, John L. & Henderson, Glenn Jr. & Officer, Dennis T. & Shah, Vivek
- 59-68 Changes in the fisher effect in the 1980s: Evidence from various models
by Choudhry, Taufiq & Placone, Dennis & Wallace, Myles
- 69-77 Schooling and urban employment growth
by Sander, William & Schaeffer, Peter V.
- 79-85 The expectations hypothesis of the term structure: More evidence
by McFadyen, James & Pickerill, Karen & Devaney, Mike
- 87-93 A comparison of the market model and random coefficient model using mergers as an event
by Iqbal, Zahid & Dheeriya, Prakash L.
1990, Volume 42, Issue 4
- 253-263 Optimal monetary policy in a multisector economy with an economywide money market
by Duca, John V. & VanHoose, David D.
- 265-277 Price inertia and policy ineffectiveness in the United States, 1890-1984: A reappraisal
by Siklos, P. L.
- 279-288 Does government debt affect the exchange rate? An empirical analysis of the U.S.--Canadian exchange rate
by Douglas McMillin, W. & Koray, Faik
- 289-302 Codetermination and enterprise performance: Empirical evidence from West Germany
by Gurdon, Michael A. & Rai, Anoop
- 303-309 Personal taxes, holding period, and the valuation of growth stocks
by Chiang, Raymond & Rodriguez, Ricardo J.
- 311-323 Bond returns and betas as dependent upon conditioned Brownian motion
by Stock, Duane
- 325-351 Across-discipline journal awareness and evaluation: Implications for the promotion and tenure process
by Henderson, Glenn Jr. & Ganesh, Gopala K. & Chandy, P. R.
- 353-356 A remark on competitive speculation under uncertainty
by Da Hsiang Donald Lien
1990, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 185-194 Large risks and the decision to incorporate
by Craig, Ben & Thiel, Stuart E.
- 195-200 Consistency of conjectures in the conventional models of monopoly, monopolistic competition, and perfect competition
by Daniel, Coldwell III
- 201-212 Innovations in liquidity and financial asset yields in a model of capital utilization by firms
by Burkett, Paul & Idson, Todd L.
- 213-223 Some empirical evidence of bias in random, market-value-weighted portfolios
by Frankfurter, George & Vertes, Peter
- 225-236 An analysis of consumer expectation effects on demand in a dynamic almost ideal demand system
by Taube, Paul M. & Huth, William L. & MacDonald, Don N.
- 237-241 Impacts of market power and capital-labor ratio on systematic risk: A Cobb-Douglas approach
by Lee, Cheng-Few & Thomas Liaw, K. & Rahman, Shafiqur
- 243-252 Geometry of risk aversion: A comment
by Sun, Liming
1990, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 93-93 Acknowledgements
by Frankfurter, George M.
- 95-98 Is normative portfolio theory dead?
by Frankfurter, George M.
- 99-103 Normative portfolio analysis: Past, present, and future
by Markowitz, Harry M.
- 105-120 The efficient set mathematics when mean-variance problems are subject to general linear constraints
by Best, Michael J. & Grauer, Robert R.
- 121-131 Dividends, taxes, and normative portfolio theory
by Lamoureux, Christopher G.
- 133-140 Commodity price uncertainty and optimal asset choice
by Boyle, Glenn W.
- 141-152 International investment and currency risk
by Chamberlain, Trevor W. & Cheung, C. Sherman & Kwan, Clarence C. Y.
- 153-164 Implementing the growth-optimal policy for choosing portfolios
by Pulley, Lawrence B. & Epps, T. W.
- 165-170 Rules for diversification for all risk averters
by Li, Yuming & Ziemba, William T.
- 171-182 Are banks special? The separation of banking from commerce and interest rate risk
by Saunders, Anthony & Yourougou, Pierre
1990, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-16 Interest rate smoothing and staggered contracting
by Reinhart, Vincent
- 17-26 Oligopoly, uncertain demand, and forward markets
by Eldor, Rafael & Zilcha, Itzhak
- 27-37 The policy implications of the underground economy
by Houston, Joel F.
- 39-50 The risk of dual classes of shares: Are there differences?
by Amoako-Adu, Ben & Smith, Brian & Schnabel, Jacques
- 51-67 Regulation of creditor practices: An evaluation of the FTC's credit practice rule
by Villegas, Daniel J.
- 69-79 Unisex pensions and retirement
by Gohmann, Stephan F. & McClure, James E.
- 81-88 Ratings of women economists by citations
by Medoff, Marshall H. & Skov, I. Lee
- 89-92 Measuring the term premium: An empirical note
by Cornell, Bradford
1989, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 265-282 An analysis of variance test for linearity of the two-parameter asset pricing model
by Klemkosky, Robert C. & Resnik, Bruce G.
- 283-296 Learning, experience, and firm size
by Stefanou, Spiro E.
- 297-305 Bank profits, risk, and local market concentration
by Liang, Nellie
- 307-315 Mergers and bankruptcy costs
by Yagil, Joseph
- 317-325 Production costs for consolidated multibank holding companies compared to one-bank organizational forms
by Rangan, Nanda & Zardkoohi, Asghar & Kolari, James & Fraser, Donald
- 327-336 An examination of misclassifications with bank failure prediction models
by Looney, Stephen W. & Wansley, James W. & Lane, William R.
- 337-353 Relationship between bank holding company risk and nonbank activity
by Brewer, Elijah III
- 355-364 Testing for the functional form of labor-demand equations: The textile industry
by Hsing, Yu
1989, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 197-212 Hedonic methods for evaluating product design and pricing strategies
by Hartman, Raymond S.
- 213-223 Linear and generalized functional form market models for electric utility firms
by Bubnys, Edward L. & Lee, Cheng-Few
- 235-240 A note on the stock market's reaction to the accident at three mile island
by Spudeck, Raymond E. & Moyer, R. Charles
- 241-251 Why the empirical relationship between deficits and interest rates appears so fragile
by Kim, Sun-Young & Lombra, Raymond E.
- 253-263 Imperfect competition under uncertainty
by Fishelson, Gideon
1989, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 95-105 An empirical investigation of the critical herfindahl index in banking
by Daskin, Alan J. & Wolken, John D.
- 107-126 The determinants of interindustry failure
by Platt, Harlan D.
- 127-142 Credit card possesion and use: Changes over time
by Lindley, James T. & Rudolph, Patricia & Selby, Edward Jr.
- 143-151 A discount rate adjustment for calculation of expected net present values and internal rates of return of investments whose lives are uncertain
by Trippi, Robert R.
- 153-169 On biases reported in studies of the black-scholes option pricing model
by Hammer, Jerry A.
- 185-193 Macroeconomic influences on beta
by Abell, John D. & Krueger, Thomas M.
1989, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-19 Spin-offs and the listing phenomena
by Seifert, Bruce & Rubin, Bruce
- 21-31 Endogenous wage indexation and optimal monetary policy with and without a balanced budget
by Waller, Christopher J. & VanHoose, David D.
- 33-47 Aggregation bias in applying the pure-play technique
by Zivney, Terry L.
- 49-60 Bullish or bearish: A Bayesian dichotomous model to forecast turning points in the foreign exchange market
by Shyy, Gang
- 61-68 Additional evidence on the nature of size-related anomalies
by McDonald, Bill & Miller, Robert E.
- 69-88 Partial acquisitions and firm performance
by Eyssell, Thomas H.
- 89-92 Optimal monetary-fiscal stabilizers under an indexed versus nonindexed tax structure--a correction
by Wang, Chun-Yuan
- 93-94 Optimal monetary-fiscal stabilizers under an indexed versus nonindexed tax structure--reply
by Benavie, Arthur & Froyen, Richard
1988, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 271-284 Geographic diversification and risk in banking
by Liang, Nellie & Rhoades, Stephen A.
- 285-294 Discount rate policy and alternative Federal Reserve operating procedures in a rational expectations setting
by VanHoose, David D.
- 295-308 Do budget deficits matter? Some pre-world war II evidence
by McMillin, W. Douglas & Beard, Thomas R.
- 309-318 On the application of optimal control theory to financial planning and forecasting
by Vasconcellos, Geraldo M.
- 319-333 A time series analysis of aggregate business failure activity and credit conditions
by Melicher, Ronald W. & Hearth, Douglas