Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus .
2006, Volume 58, Issue 1
2005, Volume 57, Issue 6
- 491-492 Transparency and market microstructure
by Weaver, Daniel G.
- 493-527 Reputation-based pricing and price improvements
by Desgranges, Gabriel & Foucault, Thierry
- 528-540 The impact of limit order anonymity on liquidity: Evidence from Paris, Tokyo and Korea
by Comerton-Forde, Carole & Frino, Alex & Mollica, Vito
- 541-554 Archipelago's move towards exchange status: An analysis of Archipelago trading in NYSE and NASDAQ stocks
by Nguyen, Van T. & Van Ness, Bonnie F. & Van Ness, Robert A.
- 555-575 Specialist: The firm or the individual?: Empirical evidence from the options markets
by Anand, Amber
- 576-593 Slow and fast markets
by Polimenis, Vassilis
2005, Volume 57, Issue 5
- 375-387 From the Great Depression to the Great Inflation: Path dependence and monetary policy
by Siegler, Mark V. & Van Gaasbeck, Kristin A.
- 388-410 Closed-end country funds and the role of exchange rates in pricing and in determination of premiums and discounts
by Swanson, Peggy E. & Tsai, Pei-Jung
- 411-432 Long-term performance of rival banks around bank failures
by Cornett, Marcia Millon & McNutt, Jamie John & Tehranian, Hassan
- 433-462 The relationship between privatization and DEA estimates of efficiency in the container port industry
by Cullinane, Kevin & Ji, Ping & Wang, Teng-fei
- 463-490 The forecasting abilities of implied and econometric variance-covariance models across financial measures
by Chong, James
2005, Volume 57, Issue 4
- 273-287 Subsistence consumption, habit formation and the demand for long-term bonds
by Weinbaum, David
- 288-316 The linkage between the firm's financing decisions and real market performance: A panel study of Indian corporate sector
by Bandyopadhyay, Arindam & Das, Sandwip Kumar
- 317-338 The effect of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act on the insurance industry
by Neale, Faith R. & Peterson, Pamela P.
- 339-359 Insolvency and economic development: Regional variation and adjustment
by Fabling, Richard & Grimes, Arthur
- 360-374 Degree of competition in the Japanese securities industry
by Tsutsui, Yoshiro & Kamesaka, Akiko
2005, Volume 57, Issue 3
- 187-207 New evidence of scope economies among lending, deposit-taking, loan commitments and mutual fund activities
by Carbo Valverde, Santiago & Fernandez, Francisco Rodriguez
- 208-237 Observed versus theoretical prices under price limit regimes
by Levy, Tamir & Yagil, Joseph
- 238-246 A signaling motive for self-regulation in the shadow of coercion
by Heyes, Anthony G.
- 247-258 Money and capital investment in South Africa: A dynamic specification model
by Odhiambo, Nicholas M.
- 259-271 Specialisation-based external economies, supply of primary factors and government size
by Anwar, Sajid
2005, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 103-118 Are international stock returns predictable?: An application of spectral shape tests corrected for heteroskedasticity
by McPherson, Matthew Q. & Palardy, Joseph & Vilasuso, Jon
- 119-137 An empirical study of inflation distortions to EVA
by Warr, Richard S.
- 139-149 Externality and organizational choice in franchising
by Dnes, Antony & Garoupa, Nuno
- 151-163 The labor-leisure choice in executive compensation plans: Does too much pay reduce REIT performance?
by Scott, John L. & Anderson, Randy I. & Webb, James R.
- 165-185 On the incidence of deferred taxes, intangibles and non-linearities in the relationship between Tobin's Q and ROI
by Arcelus, F.J. & Mitra, D. & Srinivasan, G.
2005, Volume 57, Issue 1
- 1-21 Oil sensitivity and systematic risk in oil-sensitive stock indices
by Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Li, Huimin
- 23-38 Option-implied asymmetries in bond market expectations around monetary policy actions of the ECB
by Vahamaa, Sami
- 39-59 Asymmetric information and distance: an empirical assessment of geographical credit rationing
by Carling, Kenneth & Lundberg, Sofia
- 61-74 The entry/exit real options model for Internet securities trading business
by Lin, Chin-Tsai & Lin, Tyrone T. & Yeh, Lung-Chu
- 75-95 Assessing the impact of the September 11 terrorist attacks on U.S. airline demand
by Ito, Harumi & Lee, Darin
2004, Volume 56, Issue 6
- 431-441 A note on closet-indexing
by Taylor, Jonathan
- 443-468 Bank capital regulation, asset risk, and subordinated uninsured debt
by Homolle, Susanne
- 469-481 The US stock market and the international value of the US dollar
by Johnson, Robert & Soenen, Luc
- 483-499 Maintenance and repair expenditures: determinants and tradeoffs with new capital goods
by Mullen, J. K. & Williams, Martin
- 501-526 Is the US fiscal deficit sustainable?: A fractionally integrated approach
by Cunado, J. & Gil-Alana, L. A. & Perez de Gracia, F.
2004, Volume 56, Issue 5
2004, Volume 56, Issue 4
2004, Volume 56, Issue 3
2004, Volume 56, Issue 2
2004, Volume 56, Issue 1
2003, Volume 55, Issue 5-6
- 399-404 International market linkages
by Bailey, Warren & Choi, J. Jay
- 405-426 Contagion and interdependence in stock markets: Have they been misdiagnosed?
by Billio, Monica & Pelizzon, Loriana
- 427-462 The relevance of currency risk in the EMU
by De Santis, Giorgio & Gerard, Bruno & Hillion, Pierre
- 463-485 Foreign listings, corporate governance, and equity valuations
by Salva, Carolina
- 487-502 Asymmetrical reaction to US stock-return news: evidence from major stock markets based on a double-threshold model
by Chen, Cathy W. S. & Chiang, Thomas C. & So, Mike K. P.
- 503-528 Does corruption increase emerging market bond spreads?
by Ciocchini, Francisco & Durbin, Erik & Ng, David T. C.
- 529-555 Financial liberalisation: from segmented to integrated economies
by Taskin, Fatma & Muradoglu, Gulnur
- 557-584 Exchange rate regimes and stock return volatility: some evidence from Asia's silver era
by Bailey, Warren & Mao, Connie X. & Zhong, Rui
- 585-607 Are the East Asian markets integrated? Evidence from the ICAPM
by Gerard, Bruno & Thanyalakpark, Kessara & Batten, Jonathan A.
- 609-638 Monetary and fiscal policy transmission in the Euro-area: evidence from a structural VAR analysis
by van Aarle, Bas & Garretsen, Harry & Gobbin, Niko
2003, Volume 55, Issue 4
2003, Volume 55, Issue 3
- 221-232 Currency substitution, seigniorage, and currency crises in interdependent economies
by Daniels, Joseph P. & VanHoose, David D.
- 233-253 Information production and lending market competition
by Hyytinen, Ari
- 255-266 Corporate holding of finished goods inventories
by Blazenko, George W. & Vandezande, Kirk
- 267-283 Understanding the behavior of financial ratios: the adjustment process
by Gallizo, Jose L. & Salvador, Manuel
- 285-297 Contagion: a fear for African equity markets?
by Collins, Daryl & Biekpe, Nicholas
2003, Volume 55, Issue 2
- 109-134 Ownership, risk and performance of mutual fund management companies
by Berkowitz, Michael K. & Qiu, Jiaping
- 135-166 A logistic analysis of bankruptcy within the US local telecommunications industry
by Foreman, R. Dean
- 167-175 Talmudic division as a cartel rule
by Orbay, Benan Zeki & Orbay, Hakan
- 177-195 How big is the speculative component in Australian share prices?
by Black, Angela & Fraser, Patricia & Groenewold, Nicolaas
- 197-218 Pricing of library subscriptions with applications to scientific journals
by Issman-Weit, Einat & Shy, Oz
2003, Volume 55, Issue 1
2002, Volume 54, Issue 6
2002, Volume 54, Issue 5
2002, Volume 54, Issue 4
- 361-387 Predicting large US commercial bank failures
by Kolari, James & Glennon, Dennis & Shin, Hwan & Caputo, Michele
- 389-413 Real wages and aggregate demand shocks: contradictory evidence from VARs
by Lastrapes, William D.
- 431-446 Some new results on interest rate rules in EMU and in the US
by Domenech, Rafael & Ledo, Mayte & Taguas, David
- 447-462 Residential investment, macroeconomic activity and financial deregulation in the UK: an empirical investigation
by Hasan, Mohammad S. & Taghavi, Majid
2002, Volume 54, Issue 3
2002, Volume 54, Issue 2
2002, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 3-6 Tough love in risk management: the market as financial parent
by Allen, Linda
- 7-30 Multiple bank lending and seniority in claims
by Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis & Mukhopadhyay, Bappaditya
- 31-53 Information asymmetry in disclosure of foreign exchange risk management: can regulation be effective?
by Marshall, Andrew P. & Weetman, Pauline
- 55-71 Financial advising in the presence of conflict of interests
by Krausz, Miriam & Paroush, Jacob
- 73-93 Determinants of corporate growth opportunities of emerging firms
by Garner, Jacqueline L. & Nam, Jouahn & Ottoo, Richard E.
- 95-113 Price formation in the OTC corporate bond markets: a field study of the inter-dealer market
by Saunders, Anthony & Srinivasan, Anand & Walter, Ingo
- 115-136 Analysis of proposals for a minimum subordinated debt requirement1
by Lang, William W. & Robertson, Douglas D.
- 137-152 The stock market performance of the central banks of Belgium and Japan
by Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Kabir, Rezaul
2001, Volume 53, Issue 6
2001, Volume 53, Issue 5
2001, Volume 53, Issue 4
- 345-358 The bond rate and estimated monetary policy rules
by Mehra, Yash P.
- 359-386 An examination of the performance of SEOs using a comparison period approach6
by Bayless, Mark & Jay, Nancy R.
- 387-404 Sweep accounts, reserve management, and interest rate volatility1
by VanHoose, David D. & Humphrey, David B.
- 405-419 Absenteeism, seasonality, and the business cycle
by Audas, Rick & Goddard, John
- 421-437 Foreign exchange derivatives, exchange rate changes, and the value of the firm: U.S. multinationals' use of short-term financial instruments to manage currency risk
by Makar, Stephen D. & Huffman, Stephen P.
- 439-453 The home field advantage revisited: a search for the bias in other sports betting markets
by Gandar, John M. & Zuber, Richard A. & Lamb, Reinhold P.
2001, Volume 53, Issue 2-3
- 107-109 Deregulation: theory and practice
by Shaffer, Sherrill
- 111-137 Deregulating and privatizing statutory monopolies
by Debande, Olivier
- 139-152 The social cost of entry contest in Cournot-Nash oligopoly
by Kang, Jae Hyeong & Lee, Sanghack
- 153-170 Minimum wages and information
by Mason, Charles F.
- 171-183 Implementing and interpreting event studies of regulatory changes
by Lamdin, Douglas J.
- 185-207 Governmental versus self-regulation of derivative markets: examining the U.S. and Brazilian experience
by Lazzarini, Sergio G. & Carvalho de Mello, Pedro
- 209-223 Incumbent and entrant response to regulated competition: signaling with accounting costs and market prices2
by Otero, Jesus & Waddams Price, Catherine
- 225-235 Deregulation in retailing: the Dutch experience
by Carree, Martin A. & Nijkamp, Joyce
- 237-254 Deregulation and efficiency: the case of private Korean banks
by Hao, Jonathan & Hunter, William Curt & Yang, Won Keun
- 255-282 Efficient risk-taking and regulatory covenant enforcement in a deregulated banking industry
by DeYoung, Robert E. & Hughes, Joseph P. & Moon, Choon-Geol
- 283-311 Do depositors care about enforcement actions?
by Gilbert, R. Alton & Vaughan, Mark D.
- 313-324 Market discipline prior to bank failure
by Jagtiani, Julapa & Lemieux, Catharine
- 325-339 Small bank loan quality in a deregulated environment: the information advantage hypothesis
by McNulty, James E. & Akhigbe, Aigbe O. & Verbrugge, James A.
2001, Volume 53, Issue 1
- 5-26 Macro shocks and real stock prices
by Rapach, David E.
- 27-43 The parallel market as a policy instrument in collapsing exchange rate regimes
by Dorsainvil, Kathleen
- 45-68 Rules and discretion with common central bank and separate fiscal authorities
by Banerjee, Gaurango
- 69-84 Foreign exchange rates and Japanese foreign direct investment in Asia
by Baek, In-Mee & Okawa, Tamami
- 85-102 Trend-stationarity, difference-stationarity, or neither: further diagnostic tests with an application to U.S. Real GNP, 1875-1993
by Newbold, Paul & Leybourne, Stephen & Wohar, Mark E.
2000, Volume 52, Issue 6
2000, Volume 52, Issue 5
- 387-403 Inflation, agency costs, and equity returns
by Aarstol, Michael
- 405-421 Do macroeconomics news releases affect gold and silver prices?
by Christie-David, Rohan & Chaudhry, Mukesh & Koch, Timothy W.
- 423-433 Characteristics of merging firms
by Sorensen, Donald E.
- 435-453 Asymmetries in risk and in risk attitude: the duopoly case
by Larue, Bruno & Yapo, Vincent
- 455-467 Value at risk using hyperbolic distributions
by Bauer, Christian
2000, Volume 52, Issue 4
- 309-323 Mutual fund objective misclassification
by Kim, Moon & Shukla, Ravi & Tomas, Michael
- 325-341 Political pressures and the choice of the optimal monetary policy instrument
by Cover, James P. & VanHoose, David D.
- 343-363 The erosion of the Glass-Steagall Act:: Winners and losers in the banking industry
by Cyree, Ken B.
- 365-382 Tobin's q, managerial ownership, and analyst coverage: A nonlinear simultaneous equations model
by Chen, Carl R. & Steiner, Thomas L.
2000, Volume 52, Issue 3
2000, Volume 52, Issue 1-2
- 3-5 Special issue introduction: Money and monetary policy in a changing world
by Porter, Richard D.
- 7-30 The irrelevance of some forms of credit constraints for government monetary and debt policy
by English, William B.
- 31-49 Can age structure forecast inflation trends?
by Lindh, Thomas & Malmberg, Bo
- 51-86 Expectations, credibility, and disinflation in a small macroeconomic model
by Huh, Chan G. & Lansing, Kevin J.
- 87-100 P revisited: money-based inflation forecasts with a changing equilibrium velocity
by Orphanides, Athanasios & Porter, Richard D.
- 101-115 Structural uncertainty and breakpoint tests: an application to equilibrium velocity1
by Carlson, John B. & Craig, Ben & Schwarz, Jeffrey C.
- 117-141 Errors in the measurement of the output gap and the design of monetary policy
by Orphanides, Athanasios & Porter, Richard D. & Reifschneider, David & Tetlow, Robert & Finan, Frederico
- 143-160 Efficient simple policy rules and the implications of potential output uncertainty
by Drew, Aaron & Hunt, Benjamin
- 161-180 'Home' base and monetary base rules: elementary evidence from the 1980s and 1990s
by Jefferson, Philip N.
- 181-204 How do broader monetary aggregates and divisia measures of money perform in McCallum's adaptive monetary rule?
by Thornton, Saranna Robinson
- 205-228 Interest-rate smoothing and optimal monetary policy: a review of recent empirical evidence
by Sack, Brian & Wieland, Volker
1999, Volume 51, Issue 6
September 1999, Volume 51, Issue 5
- 377-394 Evidence on equity private placements and going-out-of-business information release
by Ferreira, Eurico J. & Brooks, LeRoy D.
- 395-407 Government spending on infrastructure in an endogenous growth model with finite horizons
by Mourmouras, Iannis A. & Lee, Jong Eun
- 409-421 Debit, credit, or cash: survey evidence on gasoline purchases
by Carow, Kenneth A. & Staten, Michael E.
- 423-439 Exchange rate market efficiency: across and within countries
by Rapp, Tammy A. & Sharma, Subhash C.
July 1999, Volume 51, Issue 4
May 1999, Volume 51, Issue 3
- 197-213 The welfare effects of mergers in the hospital industry
by Calem, Paul S. & Dor, Avi & Rizzo, John A.
- 215-235 Nonmonetary effects of the financial crisis in the Great Depression
by Anari, Ali & Kolari, James
- 237-258 Quality, user cost, forward-looking behavior, and the demand for cars in the UK
by Murray, Jonathan & Sarantis, Nicholas
- 259-277 Retrieving the vanishing liquidity effect--a threshold vector autoregressive model
by Shen, Chung-Hua & Chiang, Thomas Chi-Nan
- 279-296 Modeling market shares of the leading personal automobile insurance companies
by Hecht, Jason
March 1999, Volume 51, Issue 2