Fractals or I.I.D.: Evidence of long-range dependence and heavy tailedness from modeling German equity market returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- T. Rachev, Svetlozar & Samorodnitsky, Gennady, 2001. "Long strange segments in a long-range-dependent moving average," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 119-148, May.
- Rachev, S.T (ed.), 2003. "Handbook of Heavy Tailed Distributions in Finance," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780444508966.
- Mittnik, Stefan & Paolella, Marc S. & Rachev, Svetlozar T., 2002. "Stationarity of stable power-GARCH processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 97-107, January.
- Baillie, Richard T., 1996. "Long memory processes and fractional integration in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 5-59, July.
- Samorodnitsky, Gennady, 1994. "Possible sample paths of self-similar [alpha]-stable processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 233-237, February.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "New Methods in Statistical Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71, pages 421-421.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Wright, Jonathan H., 2000. "Semiparametric estimation of long-memory volatility dependencies: The role of high-frequency data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 81-106, September.
- Eugene F. Fama, 1963. "Mandelbrot and the Stable Paretian Hypothesis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 420-420.
- Gençay, Ramazan & Dacorogna, Michel & Muller, Ulrich A. & Pictet, Olivier & Olsen, Richard, 2001. "An Introduction to High-Frequency Finance," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780122796715.
- Mittnik, Stefan & Paolella, Marc S. & Rachev, Svetlozar T., 2000. "Diagnosing and treating the fat tails in financial returns data," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 389-416, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Trinidad Segovia, J.E. & Fernández-Martínez, M. & Sánchez-Granero, M.A., 2012. "A note on geometric method-based procedures to calculate the Hurst exponent," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(6), pages 2209-2214.
- Rohde, Johannes & Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2014. "Credit Risk Modeling under Conditional Volatility," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-528, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Wei Sun & Svetlozar Rachev & Frank Fabozzi & Petko Kalev, 2009. "A new approach to modeling co-movement of international equity markets: evidence of unconditional copula-based simulation of tail dependence," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 201-229, February.
- Wei Sun & Svetlozar Rachev & Frank Fabozzi & Petko Kalev, 2008. "Fractals in trade duration: capturing long-range dependence and heavy tailedness in modeling trade duration," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 217-241, March.
- Sun, Edward W. & Meinl, Thomas, 2012. "A new wavelet-based denoising algorithm for high-frequency financial data mining," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 217(3), pages 589-599.
- Shalini, Velappan & Prasanna, Krishna, 2016. "Impact of the financial crisis on Indian commodity markets: Structural breaks and volatility dynamics," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 40-57.
- repec:eee:intfor:v:33:y:2017:i:3:p:605-617 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sun Wei & Rachev Svetlozar & Stoyanov Stoyan V. & Fabozzi Frank J., 2008. "Multivariate Skewed Student's t Copula in the Analysis of Nonlinear and Asymmetric Dependence in the German Equity Market," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(2), pages 1-37, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:59:y:2007:i:6:p:575-595. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.