Journal of Economics and Business
August 1990, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 225-236 An analysis of consumer expectation effects on demand in a dynamic almost ideal demand system
by Taube, Paul M. & Huth, William L. & MacDonald, Don N.
- 237-241 Impacts of market power and capital-labor ratio on systematic risk: A Cobb-Douglas approach
by Lee, Cheng-Few & Thomas Liaw, K. & Rahman, Shafiqur
- 243-252 Geometry of risk aversion: A comment
by Sun, Liming
May 1990, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 93-93 Acknowledgements
by Frankfurter, George M.
- 95-98 Is normative portfolio theory dead?
by Frankfurter, George M.
- 99-103 Normative portfolio analysis: Past, present, and future
by Markowitz, Harry M.
- 105-120 The efficient set mathematics when mean-variance problems are subject to general linear constraints
by Best, Michael J. & Grauer, Robert R.
- 121-131 Dividends, taxes, and normative portfolio theory
by Lamoureux, Christopher G.
- 133-140 Commodity price uncertainty and optimal asset choice
by Boyle, Glenn W.
- 141-152 International investment and currency risk
by Chamberlain, Trevor W. & Cheung, C. Sherman & Kwan, Clarence C. Y.
- 153-164 Implementing the growth-optimal policy for choosing portfolios
by Pulley, Lawrence B. & Epps, T. W.
- 165-170 Rules for diversification for all risk averters
by Li, Yuming & Ziemba, William T.
- 171-182 Are banks special? The separation of banking from commerce and interest rate risk
by Saunders, Anthony & Yourougou, Pierre
February 1990, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-16 Interest rate smoothing and staggered contracting
by Reinhart, Vincent
- 17-26 Oligopoly, uncertain demand, and forward markets
by Eldor, Rafael & Zilcha, Itzhak
- 27-37 The policy implications of the underground economy
by Houston, Joel F.
- 39-50 The risk of dual classes of shares: Are there differences?
by Amoako-Adu, Ben & Smith, Brian & Schnabel, Jacques
- 51-67 Regulation of creditor practices: An evaluation of the FTC's credit practice rule
by Villegas, Daniel J.
- 69-79 Unisex pensions and retirement
by Gohmann, Stephan F. & McClure, James E.
- 81-88 Ratings of women economists by citations
by Medoff, Marshall H. & Skov, I. Lee
- 89-92 Measuring the term premium: An empirical note
by Cornell, Bradford
November 1989, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 265-282 An analysis of variance test for linearity of the two-parameter asset pricing model
by Klemkosky, Robert C. & Resnik, Bruce G.
- 283-296 Learning, experience, and firm size
by Stefanou, Spiro E.
- 297-305 Bank profits, risk, and local market concentration
by Liang, Nellie
- 307-315 Mergers and bankruptcy costs
by Yagil, Joseph
- 317-325 Production costs for consolidated multibank holding companies compared to one-bank organizational forms
by Rangan, Nanda & Zardkoohi, Asghar & Kolari, James & Fraser, Donald
- 327-336 An examination of misclassifications with bank failure prediction models
by Looney, Stephen W. & Wansley, James W. & Lane, William R.
- 337-353 Relationship between bank holding company risk and nonbank activity
by Brewer, Elijah III
- 355-364 Testing for the functional form of labor-demand equations: The textile industry
by Hsing, Yu
August 1989, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 197-212 Hedonic methods for evaluating product design and pricing strategies
by Hartman, Raymond S.
- 213-223 Linear and generalized functional form market models for electric utility firms
by Bubnys, Edward L. & Lee, Cheng-Few
- 235-240 A note on the stock market's reaction to the accident at three mile island
by Spudeck, Raymond E. & Moyer, R. Charles
- 241-251 Why the empirical relationship between deficits and interest rates appears so fragile
by Kim, Sun-Young & Lombra, Raymond E.
- 253-263 Imperfect competition under uncertainty
by Fishelson, Gideon
May 1989, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 95-105 An empirical investigation of the critical herfindahl index in banking
by Daskin, Alan J. & Wolken, John D.
- 107-126 The determinants of interindustry failure
by Platt, Harlan D.
- 127-142 Credit card possesion and use: Changes over time
by Lindley, James T. & Rudolph, Patricia & Selby, Edward Jr.
- 143-151 A discount rate adjustment for calculation of expected net present values and internal rates of return of investments whose lives are uncertain
by Trippi, Robert R.
- 153-169 On biases reported in studies of the black-scholes option pricing model
by Hammer, Jerry A.
- 185-193 Macroeconomic influences on beta
by Abell, John D. & Krueger, Thomas M.
February 1989, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-19 Spin-offs and the listing phenomena
by Seifert, Bruce & Rubin, Bruce
- 21-31 Endogenous wage indexation and optimal monetary policy with and without a balanced budget
by Waller, Christopher J. & VanHoose, David D.
- 33-47 Aggregation bias in applying the pure-play technique
by Zivney, Terry L.
- 49-60 Bullish or bearish: A Bayesian dichotomous model to forecast turning points in the foreign exchange market
by Shyy, Gang
- 61-68 Additional evidence on the nature of size-related anomalies
by McDonald, Bill & Miller, Robert E.
- 69-88 Partial acquisitions and firm performance
by Eyssell, Thomas H.
- 89-92 Optimal monetary-fiscal stabilizers under an indexed versus nonindexed tax structure--a correction
by Wang, Chun-Yuan
- 93-94 Optimal monetary-fiscal stabilizers under an indexed versus nonindexed tax structure--reply
by Benavie, Arthur & Froyen, Richard
November 1988, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 271-284 Geographic diversification and risk in banking
by Liang, Nellie & Rhoades, Stephen A.
- 285-294 Discount rate policy and alternative Federal Reserve operating procedures in a rational expectations setting
by VanHoose, David D.
- 295-308 Do budget deficits matter? Some pre-world war II evidence
by McMillin, W. Douglas & Beard, Thomas R.
- 309-318 On the application of optimal control theory to financial planning and forecasting
by Vasconcellos, Geraldo M.
- 319-333 A time series analysis of aggregate business failure activity and credit conditions
by Melicher, Ronald W. & Hearth, Douglas
- 335-342 Market structure and price adjustment in Canadian manufacturing industries
by Kardasz, Stanley W. & Stollery, Kenneth R.
August 1988, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 191-191 Introduction
by Chen, Andrew H. & Lee, Cheng F.
- 193-208 Financial implications of ERISA: Theory and evidence
by Chen, Andrew H. & Kang, Hyosuk
- 209-228 Corporate pension policy and capital structure decisions
by Alderson, Michael J. & Lee, Cheng F.
- 229-238 On optimal pension funding policy
by Ang, James & Lai, Tsong-Yue
- 239-242 Unions, default risk, and pension underfunding
by Cherkes, Martin & Yaari, Uzi
- 243-252 The effect of changes in pension plan interest rate assumptions on security prices
by D'Arcy, Stephen P. & Chen, K. C.
- 253-263 On the determinants of individual demand for pension annuities
by Huang, Roger D. & Hu, Sheng Cheng
May 1988, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 103-115 Company acquisitions, investment and Tobin's Q: Evidence for the United Kingdom
by Holly, Sean & Longbottom, Andrew
- 117-128 On competitive speculation under uncertainty: An alternative view of the inverse-carrying charge
by Chavas, Jean-Paul
- 129-137 Risk and return: A question of the holding period
by Gilmer, R. Jr.
- 139-145 Beta-adjusted hurdle rates for proprietary firms
by Collins, Robert A. & Barry, Peter J.
- 147-157 Mean-variance analysis of portfolios of dependent investments: An extension
by Pastore, Mario H.
- 159-167 October 1979: Did the Federal Reserve change policy objectives?
by Hakes, David R.
- 169-176 A statistical analysis of worldwide coauthorship relationships in scholarly journals of business
by Petry, Glenn H.
- 177-189 Risk diversification characteristics of currency cocktails
by Soenen, Luc A.
February 1988, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-15 Expense-preference behavior, agency costs, and firm organization the savings and loan industry
by Blair, Dudley W. & Placone, Dennis L.
- 17-25 Is interest rate volatility necessarily harmful?
by Kantor, Laurence & Lombra, Raymond
- 27-44 An empirical examination of rate of return regulation in the electric utility industry: 1971-1982
by Fitzpatrick, Dennis B. & Settle, John W. & Petry, Glenn H.
- 45-56 A pooled cross-section time-series approach to business failures in 18 U.S. cities
by Post, Gerald V. & Moon, Soo-Young
- 57-66 Salary prospects, unemployment, and work effort
by Perri, Timothy J.
- 67-78 A time-series study of the employment-real wage relationship: An international comparison
by Kim, Benjamin J. C.
- 79-95 The impact of deregulation on the true cost of savings deposits : Evidence from Illinois and Wisconsin savings and loan associations
by Brewer, Elijah III
- 97-101 Output-inflation tradeoffs in 34 countries: Comment
by Williams, Michael A. & Baumann, Michael G.
November 1987, Volume 39, Issue 4
- 289-312 The impact of mergers in banking : Evidence from a nationwide sample of federally chartered banks
by Rose, Peter S.
- 313-326 Has bank holding companies' diversification affected their risk of failure?
by Wall, Larry D.
- 327-338 A monetary approach to measuring long-run inflationary expectations
by Walter Elliot, J. & Reichenstein, William
- 339-347 Issue size and term-structure segmentation effects on regional yield differentials in the municipal bond market
by Kidwell, David S. & Koch, Timothy W. & Stock, Duane R.
- 349-356 A note on the demand for labor by firms and the Phillips curve phenomenon
by Booth, Laurence D. & Finkelstein, John M. & Lee, Wayne Y.
- 357-362 The demand for risky assets under uncertain inflation : An examination of some widely used assumptions
by Keith Womer, Norman & Stephen Cantrell, R.
- 363-372 Illustrations of financing and tax transfers in owner financed real estate sales
by Ang, James & Chiang, Raymond & Corgel, John B.
August 1987, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 185-197 Effects of the Bell system breakup on the cost of debt
by Laber, Gene
- 199-207 Scale economies in the savings and loan industry before diversification
by Goldstein, Steven J. & McNulty, James E. & Verbrugge, James A.
- 209-224 On the potential contribution of trade policy initiatives for alleviating the international debt crisis
by Laird, Samuel & Yeats, Alexander
- 225-238 Rivalry and expense-preference behavior among savings banks: The role of deposit rate ceilings
by Basch, Donald L.
- 239-250 Price control and input inventory: The firm under disequilibrium trading
by McDermott, John & Bain, James & Miller, Jeffrey
- 251-266 Merger proposals, managerial discretion, and magnitude of shareholders' wealth gains
by Yen, Gili
- 267-277 The relative impact of economics journals: A cross-country survey and comparison
by Malouin, Jean-Louis & -Francois Outreville, J.
- 279-288 The characteristics of interest rates and stock variances implied in option prices
by Martin, Deryl W. & French, Dan W.
May 1987, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 91-99 Market power and systematic risk: an empirical analysis using Tobin's q ratio
by Bernier, Gilles
- 101-114 Interest rate uncertainty and corporate debt maturity
by Mitchell, Karlyn
- 115-129 Service bundling and strategic equilibrium in the information services industry
by Berman, Lawrence E. & Dunn, Donald A.
- 131-140 Macroeconomic information and stock prices
by Hardouvelis, Gikas A.
- 141-158 Optimal hedging with futures options
by Wolf, Avner
- 159-170 The effect of information costs on regulatory outcomes
by Abrams, Burton A. & Lewis, Kenneth A.
- 171-183 Measuring market power as competition over time
by Marlow, Michael L. & Wright, George E.
February 1987, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-17 Adult CETA training in Boston: Impact on earnings, hours worked, and wages
by Jantzen, Robert H.
- 19-33 Customer-class price discrimination by electric utilities
by Eckel, Catherine C.
- 35-44 Pricing policies and ownership of shares as substitutes for vertical integration
by Fishelson, Gideon
- 45-56 On the simultaneity of real and financial policies
by Klock, Mark S.
- 57-66 Technological change and economies of scale in Canadian financial institutions: A selection from competing hypotheses
by Chan, M. W. Luke & Mountain, D. C.
- 67-80 Market information and price dispersion: Unlisted stocks and NASDAQ
by Hamilton, James L.
- 81-89 Nonconvertible preferred stock financing and financial distress: A note
by Moyer, R. Charles & Wayne Marr, M. & Chatfield, Robert E.
December 1986, Volume 38, Issue 4
- 273-282 Pricing, price dispersion, and information: The discount brokerage industry
by Mitchell, William E. & Sorensen, Robert L.
- 283-296 A stationary stochastic parameter model and OLS estimation of beta: A simulation study
by D'Souza, Rudolph E. & Dennis Oberhelman, H. & Brooks, LeRoy D.
- 297-305 Using the user cost
by Downs, Thomas W.
- 307-316 Application of production standards in complex organizations under uncertainty
by Ravid, S. A. & Sudit, E. F.
- 317-330 An intertemporal capital asset pricing model under heterogeneous beliefs
by Chen, Son-Nan
- 331-339 On the behavior of a noncompetitive firm when the supplies of inputs are random
by Fishelson, Gideon
- 341-352 Inflation and stock returns: An industry analysis
by VanderHoff, James & VanderHoff, Mary
- 353-360 Output-inflation tradeoffs in 34 countries
by Addison, John T. & Chappell, Henry Jr. & Castro, Alberto C.
August 1986, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 183-192 The public debt, uncertainty, and government credibility
by Baltensperger, Ernst
- 193-201 On the neutrality of fiscal policy
by Darrat, Ali F.
- 203-214 Government spending or deficit financing: which causes crowding out?
by Bradley, Michael D.
- 215-225 The composition of government spending as an additional policy instrument
by Ramirez, Miguel D.
- 227-236 The model dependence of relative mean-square error tests for market efficiency
by Joerding, Wayne
- 237-253 The international transmission of oil-price effects and OPEC's pricing policy
by Marquez, Jaime
- 255-271 The AT&T divestiture: Effect of rating changes on bond returns
by Peavy, John III & Scott, Jonathan A.
May 1986, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 93-104 The geometry of risk aversion: A Pedagogic note
by Hawawini, Gabriel
- 113-121 The impact of free agency on the distribution of playing talent in major league baseball
by Drahozal, Christopher R.
- 123-130 Rural banking markets and holding company entry
by Lawrence, David B. & Watkins, Thomas G.
- 131-140 Congressional junketeering: Public sector X-inefficiency
by Laband, David N.
- 141-153 Demand systems for energy consumption by the manufacturing sector
by Andrikopoulos, Andreas A. & Brox, James A.
- 155-164 Simultaneous option prices and an implied risk-free rate of interest: A test of the Black-Scholes models
by Swidler, Steve
- 165-172 Currency substitution, money growth rules, and the interdependence of monetary policy
by Gardner, Grant W.
- 173-181 On the inflation-unit labor cost relation
by Dutkowsky, Donald H. & Gianturco, David J.
February 1986, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-17 Stability of optimal-currency cocktails
by Praagman, J. & Soenen, L. A.
- 19-26 Learning by doing, inventory and optimal pricing policy
by Fershtman, Chaim & Spiegel, Uriel
- 27-39 Information content of financial columns
by Lee, Chi-wen Jevons
- 41-55 Replacement-cost-adjusted valuation ratio as a discriminator among takeover target and nontarget firms
by Bartley, Jon W. & Boardman, Calvin M.
- 57-64 Collusion among many agents
by Odle, Curt J. & Gorman, Raymond F.
- 65-76 An examination of nonrated municipal bonds
by Reeve, James M. & Herring, Hartwell C.
- 77-91 Skewness, sampling risk, and the importance of diversification
by Sears, R. Stephen & Trennepohl, Gary L.
December 1985, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 277-302 A problem of discrete choice: Moody's municipal bond ratings
by Cluff, George S. & Farnham, Paul G.
- 303-310 Commercial bank stocks, interest rates, and systematic risk
by Booth, James R. & Officer, Dennis T. & Henderson, Glenn V.
- 311-325 The cyclical effect of default risk on industrial bond yields
by Kolari, James W. & Apilado, Vincent P.
- 327-341 Multibank holding company activity and local market structure: Some implications for intra- and interstate banking
by Hooks, Donald L. & Martell, Terrence F.
- 343-363 Market share as a source of market power: Implications and some evidence
by Rhoades, Stephen A.
- 365-378 The efficiency of certain speculative markets and gambler behavior
by Amoako-Adu, Ben & Marmer, Harry & Yagil, Joseph
August 1985, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 183-195 Competition and the cost of liquidity to investors
by Klemkosky, Robert C. & Conroy, Robert M.
- 197-208 Optimal monetary-fiscal stabilizers under an indexed versus nonindexed tax structure
by Benavie, Arthur & Froyen, Richard
- 209-221 The monetary explanation of inflation: The experience of three major OPEC economies
by Darrat, Ali F.
- 223-235 Price uncertainty and competitive firm behavior: Testable hypotheses from expected utility maximization
by Chavas, Jean-Paul & Pope, Rulon
- 237-251 Aggregate concentration and geographic diversification in U.S. commercial banking, 1970-1982
by Daskin, Alan J.
- 253-265 Price adjustment strategy under conditions of high inflation: An empirical examination
by Liebermann, Yehoshua & Zilberfard, Ben-Zion
- 267-276 A new approach for measuring wage ignorance in the labor market
by Hofler, Richard A. & Polachek, Solomon W.
May 1985, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 89-102 Branch plant location and the product cycle in computer manufacturing
by Hekman, John S.
- 103-112 Agency costs in banking firms: An analysis of expense preference behavior
by Arnould, Richard J.
- 113-121 Firm size, profitability, and savings in Canada
by Nguyen, The-Hiep
- 123-140 The economic relationship between service quality and market protection for regulated household-goods moving
by Morash, Edward A.
- 141-157 Market performance and the nature of a competitive fringe
by Rhoades, Stephen A.
- 159-170 The effects of unemployment and the business cycle on absenteeism
by Leigh, J. Paul
- 171-182 Sales: Demand-supply variation or price discrimination?
by Gerstner, Eitan
February 1985, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-17 Polymorphism in competitive strategies: Trading stamps
by Hallagan, William & Joerding, Wayne
- 19-33 Liquidity, exchange listing, and common stock performance
by Kerry Cooper, S. & Groth, John C. & Avera, William E.
- 35-47 Asset preference, skewness, and the measurement of expected utility
by Hassett, Matt & Stephen Sears, R. & Trennepohl, Gary L.
- 49-57 Labor supply responses of licensed practical nurses: A partial solution to a nurse shortage?
by Link, Charles R. & Settle, Russell F.
- 59-67 Currency, Marginal Tax Rates, and the Underground Economy
by Lynch, Gerald J.
- 69-79 An alternative approach to the selection of "representative" variables
by Swanson, Peggy E. & Michael Edgar, S.
- 81-88 The effect of mandatory retirement on mortality
by Anderson, Kathryn H.
December 1984, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 371-389 On the use and nonuse of entry deterrents
by Horowitz, Ira
- 391-402 Dominant firms, "deep pockets," and local market competition in banking
by Hanweck, Gerald A. & Rhoades, Stephen A.
- 403-413 Changing input costs in competitive markets with variable quality
by Raymon, Neil
- 415-420 Constraints on transactions in the futures markets for output and inputs
by Fishelson, Gideon
- 421-431 The growth and performance of franchise systems: Company versus franchisee ownership
by Anderson, Evan E.
- 433-442 Relationship between hospital capital expenditures and operating costs
by Dunkelberg, John S. & W. Furst, Richard & L. Roenfeldt, Rodney
- 443-452 Human capital and financial equilibrium
by Landskroner, Yoran & Paroush, Jacob
August 1984, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 291-306 Return and price volatility of bonds with different credit risk
by Stock, Duane & Schrems, Edward L.
- 307-321 Adjustment costs and theory of investment under uncertainty
by Nguyen, Dung
- 323-333 Prices of deep discount bonds and the Revenue Act of 1978: An evaluation of market response
by Fraser, Donald R. & Richards, R. Malcolm
- 335-344 Capital budgeting and uncertain inflation
by Chen, Son Nan
- 345-357 Increases in energy prices, costs of production, and plant size
by Berger, Mark C.
- 359-370 A "Pure" long-term interest rate and the demand for money
by Amsler, Christine
May 1984, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 161-176 Scale economies, entry, and welfare
by Clarke, Richard N.
- 177-188 The error learning hypothesis: The evidence reexamined
by Jarrow, Robert
- 189-206 Formulating a strategic portfolio of profitable retail market segments for commercial banks
by Dominguez, Luis V. & Page, Albert L.
- 207-216 Indexed bonds: A comparative analysis
by Chance, Don M. & Bolster, Paul J.
- 217-232 The valuation of subsidies in kind and their effects on costs
by Wolken, John D. & Navratil, Frank J.
- 233-241 Microeconomic influences on operating leverage
by Stowe, John D. & Ingene, Charles A.
- 243-249 Mutual forbearance as an extension of oligopoly theory
by Feinberg, Robert M.
- 251-262 Credit union taxation: Competitive effects
by Cook, Thomas & D'Antonio, Louis
- 263-274 The subsidization of small business through federal credit programs: Analytical foundations
by Lombra, Raymond E. & Wasylenko, Michael & Wasylenko, Michael
- 275-281 Bank holding company affiliation and contracyclical lending by mortgage bankers
by Burke, Jim & Rhoades, Stephen A.
- 283-287 Bank structure and mortgage rates: a comment
by Curry, Timothy J. & Rose, John T. & Rose, John T.
- 289-290 Bank structure and mortgage rates: Reply
by Marlow, Michael L. & Marlow, Michael L.
February 1984, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-14 Heterogeneity in performance within the bank holding company sector: Evidence and implications
by Rose, Peter S. & Scott, William S.
- 15-28 The optimal size of the competitive firm
by Carson, R.
- 29-42 Firms' acquisition decisions and Tobin's q ratio
by Chappell, Henry Jr. & Cheng, David C.
- 43-64 A comparison of job analytic and conventional economic variables as explanations of occupational earnings differentials
by Dauffenbach, Robert C. & Greer, Charles R.
- 65-75 The determination of corporate optimal capital structure under value maximization and informational asymmetry
by Talmor, Eli
- 77-84 Bank profitability and interest rate risk
by Hanweck, Gerald A. & Kilcollin, Thomas Eric
- 85-93 The monetary base or M1? results from a small macromodel
by Hafer, R. W.
- 95-105 Bankruptcy filings before and after implementation of the bankruptcy reform law
by Peterson, Richard L. & Aoki, Kiyomi
- 107-131 Comparison of alternative models for estimating the cost of equity capital for electric utilities
by Makhija, Anil K. & Thompson, Howard E.
- 133-140 The structural stability of the market model after the Three Mile Island accident
by Chen, Carl R.
- 141-149 Competition in the market for consumer loans
by Sullivan, A. Charlene
- 151-160 "Firm" or "market" data: the proper test of the structure--performance relationship
by White, Alice P.