The home field advantage revisited: a search for the bias in other sports betting markets
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John M. Gandar & William H. Dare & Craig R. Brown & Richard A. Zuber, 1998. "Informed Traders and Price Variations in the Betting Market for Professional Basketball Games," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 385-401, February.
- Raymond D. Sauer, 1998. "The Economics of Wagering Markets," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 2021-2064, December.
- Bill Woodland & Linda Woodland, 1997. "Efficiency in gambling markets involving spread: a corrected and simplified test," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 93-95.
- Bassett, Gilbert W, Jr, 1981. "Point Spreads versus Odds," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 752-768, August.
- Gandar, John, et al, 1988. " Testing Rationality in the Point Spread Betting Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(4), pages 995-1008, September.
- Golec, Joseph & Tamarkin, Maurry, 1991. "The degree of inefficiency in the football betting market : Statistical tests," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 311-323, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:53:y:2001:i:4:p:439-453. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.