Journal of Financial Economics
2015, Volume 115, Issue 1
- 1-24 X-CAPM: An extrapolative capital asset pricing model
by Barberis, Nicholas & Greenwood, Robin & Jin, Lawrence & Shleifer, Andrei
- 25-41 Financial integration, housing, and economic volatility
by Loutskina, Elena & Strahan, Philip E.
- 42-57 Macroeconomic linkages between monetary policy and the term structure of interest rates
by Kung, Howard
- 58-83 Why do term structures in different currencies co-move?
by Jotikasthira, Chotibhak & Le, Anh & Lundblad, Christian
- 84-101 Attentive insider trading
by Alldredge, Dallin M. & Cicero, David C.
- 102-135 Fund managers under pressure: Rationale and determinants of secondary buyouts
by Arcot, Sridhar & Fluck, Zsuzsanna & Gaspar, José-Miguel & Hege, Ulrich
- 136-154 End-of-the-year economic growth and time-varying expected returns
by Møller, Stig V. & Rangvid, Jesper
- 155-167 Market run-ups, market freezes, inventories, and leverage
by Bond, Philip & Leitner, Yaron
- 168-188 Non-executive employee stock options and corporate innovation
by Chang, Xin & Fu, Kangkang & Low, Angie & Zhang, Wenrui
- 189-209 Does banking competition affect innovation?
by Cornaggia, Jess & Mao, Yifei & Tian, Xuan & Wolfe, Brian
2014, Volume 114, Issue 3
- 405-423 Price pressures
by Hendershott, Terrence & Menkveld, Albert J.
- 424-443 Refinancing, profitability, and capital structure
by Danis, András & Rettl, Daniel A. & Whited, Toni M.
- 444-470 Preemptive bidding, target resistance, and takeover premiums
by Dimopoulos, Theodosios & Sacchetto, Stefano
- 471-492 CEO deal-making activities and compensation
by Fich, Eliezer M. & Starks, Laura T. & Yore, Adam S.
- 493-516 Fails-to-deliver, short selling, and market quality
by Fotak, Veljko & Raman, Vikas & Yadav, Pradeep K.
- 517-553 Forecasting stock returns under economic constraints
by Pettenuzzo, Davide & Timmermann, Allan & Valkanov, Rossen
- 554-575 The euro and corporate financing before the crisis
by Bris, Arturo & Koskinen, Yrjö & Nilsson, Mattias
- 576-599 Fact or friction: Jumps at ultra high frequency
by Christensen, Kim & Oomen, Roel C.A. & Podolskij, Mark
- 600-612 Advancing the universality of quadrature methods to any underlying process for option pricing
by Chen, Ding & Härkönen, Hannu J. & Newton, David P.
- 613-619 The long of it: Odds that investor sentiment spuriously predicts anomaly returns
by Stambaugh, Robert F. & Yu, Jianfeng & Yuan, Yu
2014, Volume 114, Issue 2
- 197-225 Conditional risk premia in currency markets and other asset classes
by Lettau, Martin & Maggiori, Matteo & Weber, Michael
- 226-238 Disagreement and asset prices
by Carlin, Bruce I. & Longstaff, Francis A. & Matoba, Kyle
- 239-255 Access to management and the informativeness of analyst research
by Green, T. Clifton & Jame, Russell & Markov, Stanimir & Subasi, Musa
- 256-272 Corporate distress and lobbying: Evidence from the Stimulus Act
by Adelino, Manuel & Dinc, I. Serdar
- 273-292 Did bank distress stifle innovation during the Great Depression?
by Nanda, Ramana & Nicholas, Tom
- 293-315 Did going public impair Moody׳s credit ratings?
by Kedia, Simi & Rajgopal, Shivaram & Zhou, Xing
- 316-340 Shareholder democracy in play: Career consequences of proxy contests
by Fos, Vyacheslav & Tsoutsoura, Margarita
- 341-365 Dispersion in beliefs among active mutual funds and the cross-section of stock returns
by Jiang, Hao & Sun, Zheng
- 366-404 CEO optimism and incentive compensation
by Otto, Clemens A.
2014, Volume 114, Issue 1
- 1-19 Macroeconomic risk and hedge fund returns
by Bali, Turan G. & Brown, Stephen J. & Caglayan, Mustafa O.
- 20-35 News-driven return reversals: Liquidity provision ahead of earnings announcements
by So, Eric C. & Wang, Sean
- 36-53 Price informativeness and stock return synchronicity: Evidence from the pricing of seasoned equity offerings
by Chan, Kalok & Chan, Yue-Cheong
- 54-83 The death of the deal: Are withdrawn acquisition deals informative of CEO quality?
by Jacobsen, Stacey
- 84-104 On the systematic volatility of unpriced earnings
by Johnson, Timothy C. & Lee, Jaehoon
- 105-124 What do firms do when dividend tax rates change? An examination of alternative payout responses
by Hanlon, Michelle & Hoopes, Jeffrey L.
- 125-154 Financial expert CEOs: CEO׳s work experience and firm׳s financial policies
by Custódio, Cláudia & Metzger, Daniel
- 155-177 The determinants of recovery rates in the US corporate bond market
by Jankowitsch, Rainer & Nagler, Florian & Subrahmanyam, Marti G.
- 178-195 Does PIN affect equity prices around the world?
by Lai, Sandy & Ng, Lilian & Zhang, Bohui
2014, Volume 113, Issue 3
- 325-347 Crash-neutral currency carry trades
by Jurek, Jakub W.
- 348-367 Debt covenant renegotiations and creditor control rights
by Denis, David J. & Wang, Jing
- 368-382 The international transmission of bank capital requirements: Evidence from the UK
by Aiyar, Shekhar & Calomiris, Charles W. & Hooley, John & Korniyenko, Yevgeniya & Wieladek, Tomasz
- 383-403 Do independent directors cause improvements in firm transparency?
by Armstrong, Christopher S. & Core, John E. & Guay, Wayne R.
- 404-426 Distracted directors: Does board busyness hurt shareholder value?
by Falato, Antonio & Kadyrzhanova, Dalida & Lel, Ugur
- 427-454 Monetary policy regimes: Implications for the yield curve and bond pricing
by Filipova, Kameliya & Audrino, Francesco & De Giorgi, Enrico
- 455-475 Death and jackpot: Why do individual investors hold overpriced stocks?
by Conrad, Jennifer & Kapadia, Nishad & Xing, Yuhang
- 476-499 Uncertainty, market structure, and liquidity
by Chung, Kee H. & Chuwonganant, Chairat
- 500-518 China׳s secondary privatization: Perspectives from the Split-Share Structure Reform
by Liao, Li & Liu, Bibo & Wang, Hao
2014, Volume 113, Issue 2
- 171-201 Asset pricing: A tale of two days
by Savor, Pavel & Wilson, Mungo
- 202-214 Stock market returns and annuitization
by Previtero, Alessandro
- 215-234 The genetics of investment biases
by Cronqvist, Henrik & Siegel, Stephan
- 235-251 Trading networks and liquidity provision
by Cohen-Cole, Ethan & Kirilenko, Andrei & Patacchini, Eleonora
- 252-269 Tailspotting: Identifying and profiting from CEO vacation trips
by Yermack, David
- 270-299 Mortgage convexity
by Hanson, Samuel G.
- 300-324 Income hedging and portfolio decisions
by Bonaparte, Yosef & Korniotis, George M. & Kumar, Alok
2014, Volume 113, Issue 1
- 1-28 Safer ratios, riskier portfolios: Banks׳ response to government aid
by Duchin, Ran & Sosyura, Denis
- 29-52 Predatory lending and the subprime crisis
by Agarwal, Sumit & Amromin, Gene & Ben-David, Itzhak & Chomsisengphet, Souphala & Evanoff, Douglas D.
- 53-72 Winners in the spotlight: Media coverage of fund holdings as a driver of flows
by Solomon, David H. & Soltes, Eugene & Sosyura, Denis
- 73-89 Comovement and investment banking networks
by Grullon, Gustavo & Underwood, Shane & Weston, James P.
- 90-108 The Idealized Electoral College voting mechanism and shareholder power
by Van Wesep, Edward D.
- 109-130 Beauty is in the eye of the beholder: The effect of corporate tax avoidance on the cost of bank loans
by Hasan, Iftekhar & Hoi, Chun Keung (Stan) & Wu, Qiang & Zhang, Hao
- 131-155 Performance evaluation with high moments and disaster risk
by Kadan, Ohad & Liu, Fang
- 156-169 A dynamic limit order market with fast and slow traders
by Hoffmann, Peter
2014, Volume 112, Issue 3
- 287-319 Credit lines as monitored liquidity insurance: Theory and evidence
by Acharya, Viral & Almeida, Heitor & Ippolito, Filippo & Perez, Ander
- 320-343 Limited partner performance and the maturing of the private equity industry
by Sensoy, Berk A. & Wang, Yingdi & Weisbach, Michael S.
- 344-363 Acquirer-target social ties and merger outcomes
by Ishii, Joy & Xuan, Yuhai
- 364-385 Freedom of choice between unitary and two-tier boards: An empirical analysis
by Belot, François & Ginglinger, Edith & Slovin, Myron B. & Sushka, Marie E.
- 386-407 Who works for startups? The relation between firm age, employee age, and growth
by Ouimet, Paige & Zarutskie, Rebecca
2014, Volume 112, Issue 1
- 1-29 Mutual fund performance evaluation with active peer benchmarks
by Hunter, David & Kandel, Eugene & Kandel, Shmuel & Wermers, Russ
- 30-52 Money and liquidity in financial markets
by Nyborg, Kjell G. & Östberg, Per
- 53-68 Board composition and CEO power
by Baldenius, Tim & Melumad, Nahum & Meng, Xiaojing
- 69-90 Lévy jump risk: Evidence from options and returns
by Ornthanalai, Chayawat
- 91-115 The impact of central clearing on counterparty risk, liquidity, and trading: Evidence from the credit default swap market
by Loon, Yee Cheng & Zhong, Zhaodong Ken
- 116-135 Financial development and innovation: Cross-country evidence
by Hsu, Po-Hsuan & Tian, Xuan & Xu, Yan
2014, Volume 111, Issue 3
- 527-553 Countercyclical currency risk premia
by Lustig, Hanno & Roussanov, Nikolai & Verdelhan, Adrien
- 554-577 Learning from peers' stock prices and corporate investment
by Foucault, Thierry & Fresard, Laurent
- 578-588 Motivating innovation in newly public firms
by Baranchuk, Nina & Kieschnick, Robert & Moussawi, Rabih
- 589-608 Trading in derivatives when the underlying is scarce
by Banerjee, Snehal & Graveline, Jeremy J.
- 609-624 Speculating on home improvements
by Choi, Hyun-Soo & Hong, Harrison & Scheinkman, Jose
- 625-645 Does option trading convey stock price information?
by Hu, Jianfeng
- 646-660 Crises and confidence: Systemic banking crises and depositor behavior
by Osili, Una Okonkwo & Paulson, Anna
- 661-674 Fund Manager Allocation
by Fang, Jieyan & Kempf, Alexander & Trapp, Monika
2014, Volume 111, Issue 2
- 271-296 Dynamic risk management
by Rampini, Adriano A. & Sufi, Amir & Viswanathan, S.
- 297-310 Macroeconomic effects of corporate default crisis: A long-term perspective
by Giesecke, Kay & Longstaff, Francis A. & Schaefer, Stephen & Strebulaev, Ilya A.
- 311-327 Are hedge fund managers systematically misreporting? Or not?
by Jorion, Philippe & Schwarz, Christopher
- 328-351 Managerial risk taking incentives and corporate pension policy
by Anantharaman, Divya & Lee, Yong Gyu
- 352-380 Composition of wealth, conditioning information, and the cross-section of stock returns
by Roussanov, Nikolai
- 381-405 Firm boundaries matter: Evidence from conglomerates and R&D activity
by Seru, Amit
- 406-429 Independent director incentives: Where do talented directors spend their limited time and energy?
by Masulis, Ronald W. & Mobbs, Shawn
- 430-449 Accountability of independent directors: Evidence from firms subject to securities litigation
by Brochet, Francois & Srinivasan, Suraj
- 450-468 Can investor-paid credit rating agencies improve the information quality of issuer-paid rating agencies?
by Xia, Han
- 469-494 The evolution of capital structure and operating performance after leveraged buyouts: Evidence from U.S. corporate tax returns
by Cohn, Jonathan B. & Mills, Lillian F. & Towery, Erin M.
- 495-525 Did CDS trading improve the market for corporate bonds?
by Das, Sanjiv & Kalimipalli, Madhu & Nayak, Subhankar
2014, Volume 111, Issue 1
- 1-25 Betting against beta
by Frazzini, Andrea & Pedersen, Lasse Heje
- 26-44 Overcoming limits of arbitrage: Theory and evidence
by Hombert, Johan & Thesmar, David
- 45-69 Syndicated loan spreads and the composition of the syndicate
by Lim, Jongha & Minton, Bernadette A. & Weisbach, Michael S.
- 70-85 Government policy and ownership of equity securities
by Rydqvist, Kristian & Spizman, Joshua & Strebulaev, Ilya
- 86-110 The role of stock ownership by US members of Congress on the market for political favors
by Tahoun, Ahmed
- 111-136 Politicians and the IPO decision: The impact of impending political promotions on IPO activity in China
by Piotroski, Joseph D. & Zhang, Tianyu
- 137-157 Investment busts, reputation, and the temptation to blend in with the crowd
by Grenadier, Steven R. & Malenko, Andrey & Strebulaev, Ilya A.
- 158-180 Are red or blue companies more likely to go green? Politics and corporate social responsibility
by Di Giuli, Alberta & Kostovetsky, Leonard
- 181-199 The value of diffusing information
by Manela, Asaf
- 200-223 Risk tolerance and entrepreneurship
by Hvide, Hans K. & Panos, Georgios A.
- 224-250 Time-changed Lévy LIBOR market model: Pricing and joint estimation of the cap surface and swaption cube
by Leippold, Markus & Strømberg, Jacob
- 251-270 Networks and productivity: Causal evidence from editor rotations
by Brogaard, Jonathan & Engelberg, Joseph & Parsons, Christopher A.
2013, Volume 110, Issue 3
- 503-519 Equity yields
by van Binsbergen, Jules & Hueskes, Wouter & Koijen, Ralph & Vrugt, Evert
- 520-545 Political uncertainty and risk premia
by Pástor, Ľuboš & Veronesi, Pietro
- 546-573 The U.S. left behind? Financial globalization and the rise of IPOs outside the U.S
by Doidge, Craig & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Stulz, René M.
- 574-595 Legislating stock prices
by Cohen, Lauren & Diether, Karl & Malloy, Christopher
- 596-606 Quiet bubbles
by Hong, Harrison & Sraer, David
- 607-626 Contracting under asymmetric information: Evidence from lockup agreements in seasoned equity offerings
by Karpoff, Jonathan M. & Lee, Gemma & Masulis, Ronald W.
- 627-641 How do staggered boards affect shareholder value? Evidence from a natural experiment
by Cohen, Alma & Wang, Charles C.Y.
- 642-658 Reputational contagion and optimal regulatory forbearance
by Morrison, Alan D. & White, Lucy
- 659-679 The effects of firm-initiated clawback provisions on bank loan contracting
by Chan, Lilian H. & Chen, Kevin C.W. & Chen, Tai-Yuan
- 680-695 Boards, CEO entrenchment, and the cost of capital
by Dow, James
- 696-711 The economics of options-implied inflation probability density functions
by Kitsul, Yuriy & Wright, Jonathan H.
- 712-729 Word power: A new approach for content analysis
by Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Wu, Di
- 730-751 General equilibrium pricing of currency and currency options
by Du, Du
2013, Volume 110, Issue 2
- 280-299 Access to capital, investment, and the financial crisis
by Kahle, Kathleen M. & Stulz, René M.
- 300-323 The economics of hedge funds
by Lan, Yingcong & Wang, Neng & Yang, Jinqiang
- 324-346 The performance of corporate alliances: Evidence from oil and gas drilling in the Gulf of Mexico
by Beshears, John
- 347-357 Stock returns and the Miller Modigliani valuation formula: Revisiting the Fama French analysis
by Aharoni, Gil & Grundy, Bruce & Zeng, Qi
- 358-386 Liquidity risk of corporate bond returns: conditional approach
by Acharya, Viral V. & Amihud, Yakov & Bharath, Sreedhar T.
- 387-402 The value of local political connections in a low-corruption environment
by Amore, Mario Daniele & Bennedsen, Morten
- 403-418 Investment cycles and startup innovation
by Nanda, Ramana & Rhodes-Kropf, Matthew
- 419-436 Predicting market returns using aggregate implied cost of capital
by Li, Yan & Ng, David T. & Swaminathan, Bhaskaran
- 437-456 Mutual fund skill and the performance of corporate acquirers
by Nain, Amrita & Yao, Tong
- 457-477 Do jumps contribute to the dynamics of the equity premium?
by Maheu, John M. & McCurdy, Thomas H. & Zhao, Xiaofei
- 478-502 Human capital, capital structure, and employee pay: An empirical analysis
by Chemmanur, Thomas J. & Cheng, Yingmei & Zhang, Tianming
2013, Volume 110, Issue 1
- 1-17 The role of the media in corporate governance: Do the media influence managers' capital allocation decisions?
by Liu, Baixiao & McConnell, John J.
- 18-36 Does the director labor market offer ex post settling-up for CEOs? The case of acquisitions
by Harford, Jarrad & Schonlau, Robert J.
- 37-60 Directors' and officers' liability insurance and loan spreads
by Lin, Chen & Officer, Micah S. & Wang, Rui & Zou, Hong
- 61-86 Are small firms less vulnerable to overpriced stock offers?
by Vijh, Anand M. & Yang, Ke
- 87-109 Corporate social responsibility and stakeholder value maximization: Evidence from mergers
by Deng, Xin & Kang, Jun-koo & Low, Buen Sin
- 110-138 Pricing the term structure with linear regressions
by Adrian, Tobias & Crump, Richard K. & Moench, Emanuel
- 139-163 Predictability of currency carry trades and asset pricing implications
by Bakshi, Gurdip & Panayotov, George
- 164-184 Investment shocks and the commodity basis spread
by Yang, Fan
- 185-214 Supply uncertainty of the bond investor base and the leverage of the firm
by Massa, Massimo & Yasuda, Ayako & Zhang, Lei
- 215-231 Asset management and investment banking
by Berzins, Janis & Liu, Crocker H. & Trzcinka, Charles
- 232-253 Brand perception, cash flow stability, and financial policy
by Larkin, Yelena
- 254-277 Allocation of decision rights and the investment strategy of mutual funds
by Dass, Nishant & Nanda, Vikram & Wang, Qinghai
2013, Volume 109, Issue 3
- 583-603 The European Union, the Euro, and equity market integration
by Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R. & Lundblad, Christian T. & Siegel, Stephan
- 604-622 Why Gaussian macro-finance term structure models are (nearly) unconstrained factor-VARs
by Joslin, Scott & Le, Anh & Singleton, Kenneth J.
- 623-639 Determinants of corporate cash policy: Insights from private firms
by Gao, Huasheng & Harford, Jarrad & Li, Kai
- 640-660 The dividend month premium
by Hartzmark, Samuel M. & Solomon, David H.
- 661-681 Controlling shareholders and market timing in share issuance
by Larrain, Borja & Urzúa I., Francisco
- 682-706 Externalities of public firm presence: Evidence from private firms' investment decisions
by Badertscher, Brad & Shroff, Nemit & White, Hal D.
- 707-733 The term structure of interbank risk
by Filipović, Damir & Trolle, Anders B.
- 734-758 Exploring uncharted territories of the hedge fund Industry: Empirical characteristics of mega hedge fund firms
by Edelman, Daniel & Fung, William & Hsieh, David A.
- 759-774 Banking deregulation and innovation
by Chava, Sudheer & Oettl, Alexander & Subramanian, Ajay & Subramanian, Krishnamurthy V.
- 775-796 Why does junior put all his eggs in one basket? A potential rational explanation for holding concentrated portfolios
by Roche, Hervé & Tompaidis, Stathis & Yang, Chunyu
- 797-812 Undisclosed orders and optimal submission strategies in a limit order market
by Buti, Sabrina & Rindi, Barbara
- 813-834 Company name fluency, investor recognition, and firm value
by Green, T. Clifton & Jame, Russell
- 835-855 Credit supply and corporate innovation
by Amore, Mario Daniele & Schneider, Cédric & Žaldokas, Alminas
- 856-878 The dark side of analyst coverage: The case of innovation
by He, Jie (Jack) & Tian, Xuan
2013, Volume 109, Issue 2
- 293-306 A production-based model for the term structure
by Jermann, Urban J.
- 307-326 IPO first-day returns, offer price revisions, volatility, and form S-1 language
by Loughran, Tim & McDonald, Bill
- 327-350 The relation between equity incentives and misreporting: The role of risk-taking incentives
by Armstrong, Christopher S. & Larcker, David F. & Ormazabal, Gaizka & Taylor, Daniel J.
- 351-372 CEO turnover in a competitive assignment framework
by Eisfeldt, Andrea L. & Kuhnen, Camelia M.
- 373-397 The timing of pay
by Parsons, Christopher A. & Van Wesep, Edward D.
- 398-418 Monitoring and corporate disclosure: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Irani, Rustom M. & Oesch, David
- 419-440 Does risk management matter? Evidence from the U.S. agricultural industry
by Cornaggia, Jess
- 441-465 Limits to arbitrage and hedging: Evidence from commodity markets
by Acharya, Viral V. & Lochstoer, Lars A. & Ramadorai, Tarun
- 466-492 Collateral and capital structure
by Rampini, Adriano A. & Viswanathan, S.
- 493-516 Can hedge funds time market liquidity?
by Cao, Charles & Chen, Yong & Liang, Bing & Lo, Andrew W.
- 517-534 Corporate ownership structure and the choice between bank debt and public debt
by Lin, Chen & Ma, Yue & Malatesta, Paul & Xuan, Yuhai
- 535-548 Feedback effects of credit ratings
by Manso, Gustavo
- 549-565 Do personal taxes affect capital structure? Evidence from the 2003 tax cut
by Lin, Leming & Flannery, Mark J.
- 566-582 Trading frenzies and their impact on real investment
by Goldstein, Itay & Ozdenoren, Emre & Yuan, Kathy
2013, Volume 109, Issue 1
- 1-23 The mystery of zero-leverage firms
by Strebulaev, Ilya A. & Yang, Baozhong
- 24-39 Acquisitions driven by stock overvaluation: Are they good deals?
by Fu, Fangjian & Lin, Leming & Officer, Micah S.
- 40-62 Market timing, investment, and risk management
by Bolton, Patrick & Chen, Hui & Wang, Neng
- 63-82 Are busy boards detrimental?
by Field, Laura & Lowry, Michelle & Mkrtchyan, Anahit
- 83-102 Firm characteristics and long-run stock returns after corporate events
by Bessembinder, Hendrik & Zhang, Feng
- 103-121 Managerial attitudes and corporate actions
by Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R. & Puri, Manju
- 122-145 The deep-pocket effect of internal capital markets
by Boutin, Xavier & Cestone, Giacinta & Fumagalli, Chiara & Pica, Giovanni & Serrano-Velarde, Nicolas
- 146-176 How does capital affect bank performance during financial crises?
by Berger, Allen N. & Bouwman, Christa H.S.
- 177-197 Worldwide reach of short selling regulations
by Jain, Archana & Jain, Pankaj K. & McInish, Thomas H. & McKenzie, Michael
- 198-223 Sharing information in the credit market: Contract-level evidence from U.S. firms
by Doblas-Madrid, Antonio & Minetti, Raoul
- 224-249 The leverage effect puzzle: Disentangling sources of bias at high frequency
by Aït-Sahalia, Yacine & Fan, Jianqing & Li, Yingying
- 250-271 Productivity, restructuring, and the gains from takeovers
by Li, Xiaoyang
- 272-291 Firms as liquidity providers: Evidence from the 2007–2008 financial crisis
by Garcia-Appendini, Emilia & Montoriol-Garriga, Judit
2013, Volume 108, Issue 3
- 565-584 Are there too many safe securities? Securitization and the incentives for information production
by Hanson, Samuel G. & Sunderam, Adi
- 585-607 New evidence on the first financial bubble
by Frehen, Rik G.P. & Goetzmann, William N. & Geert Rouwenhorst, K.
- 608-614 General equilibrium with heterogeneous participants and discrete consumption times
by Vasicek, Oldrich Alfons
- 615-640 A new approach to predicting analyst forecast errors: Do investors overweight analyst forecasts?
by So, Eric C.
- 641-658 The role of state and foreign owners in corporate risk-taking: Evidence from privatization
by Boubakri, Narjess & Cosset, Jean-Claude & Saffar, Walid
- 659-674 CEO contract design: How do strong principals do it?
by Cronqvist, Henrik & Fahlenbrach, Rüdiger
- 675-698 Labor unions and tax aggressiveness
by Chyz, James A. & Ching Leung, Winnie Siu & Zhen Li, Oliver & Meng Rui, Oliver
- 699-726 The cross section of conditional mutual fund performance in European stock markets
by Banegas, Ayelen & Gillen, Ben & Timmermann, Allan & Wermers, Russ
- 727-750 “When the cat's away the mice will play”: Does regulation at home affect bank risk-taking abroad?
by Ongena, Steven & Popov, Alexander & Udell, Gregory F.
- 751-772 Exploring the role Delaware plays as a domestic tax haven
by Dyreng, Scott D. & Lindsey, Bradley P. & Thornock, Jacob R.
- 773-797 Institutional trading and stock resiliency: Evidence from the 2007–2009 financial crisis
by Anand, Amber & Irvine, Paul & Puckett, Andy & Venkataraman, Kumar
- 798-821 Pyramidal ownership and the creation of new firms
by Bena, Jan & Ortiz-Molina, Hernán
- 822-839 Gender and corporate finance: Are male executives overconfident relative to female executives?
by Huang, Jiekun & Kisgen, Darren J.
- 840-854 Adoptive expectations: Rising sons in Japanese family firms
by Mehrotra, Vikas & Morck, Randall & Shim, Jungwook & Wiwattanakantang, Yupana
2013, Volume 108, Issue 2
- 275-301 The role of shorting, firm size, and time on market anomalies
by Israel, Ronen & Moskowitz, Tobias J.
- 302-322 Connecting two markets: An equilibrium framework for shorts, longs, and stock loans
by Blocher, Jesse & Reed, Adam V. & Van Wesep, Edward D.
- 323-348 Learning and the disappearing association between governance and returns
by Bebchuk, Lucian A. & Cohen, Alma & Wang, Charles C.Y.
- 349-366 What do boards really do? Evidence from minutes of board meetings☆☆Miriam Schwartz-Ziv is from Harvard University and Northeastern University, e-mail: email@example.com. Michael S. Weisbach is from Ohio State University, NBER, and SIFR, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Miriam Schwartz-Ziv is very grateful to Eugene Kandel and Michael Weisbach, the co-advisors of her Hebrew University doctoral dissertation, upon which this paper is based. We thank the executive and non-executive employees of the Government Companies Authority of Israel who allowed us both formally and practically to conduct this research; the companies studied that kindly provided us with private and sensitive data; and seminar participants at Babson University, Brown University, Northeastern University, Ohio State University, Purdue University, the European Financial Management Association 2011 conference, the Western Economic Association 2012 conference, and the Financial Management Association 2012 conference, as well as the following people who shared their thoughts and advice at different stages of the preparation of this paper: Renée Adams, Amir Barnea, Steven Davidoff, Ada Demb, Dave Denis, Alon Eizenberg, Isil Erel, Rudi Fahlenbrach, Julian Franks, Ann Gillette, Ilan Guttman, Assaf Hamdani, Randal Heron, E. Han Kim, Stephanie Kramer, Saul Lach, Alexander Ljungqvist, Udi Nisan, Nadya Malenko, Avri Ravid, Artur Raviv, Karen Selody, Daniel Schwartz, Schraga Schwartz, Eytan Sheshinski, Léa Stern, Yuhai Xuan, Jun Yang, Scott Yonker, Tammar Zilber, and Clifford Smith, the referee, Miriam Schwartz-Ziv also thanks the Israeli Ministry of Science and Technology and Hebrew University's School of Business Administration for financial support
by Schwartz-Ziv, Miriam & Weisbach, Michael S.
- 367-391 Valuation of VIX derivatives
by Mencía, Javier & Sentana, Enrique