Journal of Financial Economics
2013, Volume 109, Issue 3
- 759-774 Banking deregulation and innovation
by Chava, Sudheer & Oettl, Alexander & Subramanian, Ajay & Subramanian, Krishnamurthy V.
- 775-796 Why does junior put all his eggs in one basket? A potential rational explanation for holding concentrated portfolios
by Roche, Hervé & Tompaidis, Stathis & Yang, Chunyu
- 797-812 Undisclosed orders and optimal submission strategies in a limit order market
by Buti, Sabrina & Rindi, Barbara
- 813-834 Company name fluency, investor recognition, and firm value
by Green, T. Clifton & Jame, Russell
- 835-855 Credit supply and corporate innovation
by Amore, Mario Daniele & Schneider, Cédric & Žaldokas, Alminas
- 856-878 The dark side of analyst coverage: The case of innovation
by He, Jie (Jack) & Tian, Xuan
2013, Volume 109, Issue 2
- 293-306 A production-based model for the term structure
by Jermann, Urban J.
- 307-326 IPO first-day returns, offer price revisions, volatility, and form S-1 language
by Loughran, Tim & McDonald, Bill
- 327-350 The relation between equity incentives and misreporting: The role of risk-taking incentives
by Armstrong, Christopher S. & Larcker, David F. & Ormazabal, Gaizka & Taylor, Daniel J.
- 351-372 CEO turnover in a competitive assignment framework
by Eisfeldt, Andrea L. & Kuhnen, Camelia M.
- 373-397 The timing of pay
by Parsons, Christopher A. & Van Wesep, Edward D.
- 398-418 Monitoring and corporate disclosure: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Irani, Rustom M. & Oesch, David
- 419-440 Does risk management matter? Evidence from the U.S. agricultural industry
by Cornaggia, Jess
- 441-465 Limits to arbitrage and hedging: Evidence from commodity markets
by Acharya, Viral V. & Lochstoer, Lars A. & Ramadorai, Tarun
- 466-492 Collateral and capital structure
by Rampini, Adriano A. & Viswanathan, S.
- 493-516 Can hedge funds time market liquidity?
by Cao, Charles & Chen, Yong & Liang, Bing & Lo, Andrew W.
- 517-534 Corporate ownership structure and the choice between bank debt and public debt
by Lin, Chen & Ma, Yue & Malatesta, Paul & Xuan, Yuhai
- 535-548 Feedback effects of credit ratings
by Manso, Gustavo
- 549-565 Do personal taxes affect capital structure? Evidence from the 2003 tax cut
by Lin, Leming & Flannery, Mark J.
- 566-582 Trading frenzies and their impact on real investment
by Goldstein, Itay & Ozdenoren, Emre & Yuan, Kathy
2013, Volume 109, Issue 1
- 1-23 The mystery of zero-leverage firms
by Strebulaev, Ilya A. & Yang, Baozhong
- 24-39 Acquisitions driven by stock overvaluation: Are they good deals?
by Fu, Fangjian & Lin, Leming & Officer, Micah S.
- 40-62 Market timing, investment, and risk management
by Bolton, Patrick & Chen, Hui & Wang, Neng
- 63-82 Are busy boards detrimental?
by Field, Laura & Lowry, Michelle & Mkrtchyan, Anahit
- 83-102 Firm characteristics and long-run stock returns after corporate events
by Bessembinder, Hendrik & Zhang, Feng
- 103-121 Managerial attitudes and corporate actions
by Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R. & Puri, Manju
- 122-145 The deep-pocket effect of internal capital markets
by Boutin, Xavier & Cestone, Giacinta & Fumagalli, Chiara & Pica, Giovanni & Serrano-Velarde, Nicolas
- 146-176 How does capital affect bank performance during financial crises?
by Berger, Allen N. & Bouwman, Christa H.S.
- 177-197 Worldwide reach of short selling regulations
by Jain, Archana & Jain, Pankaj K. & McInish, Thomas H. & McKenzie, Michael
- 198-223 Sharing information in the credit market: Contract-level evidence from U.S. firms
by Doblas-Madrid, Antonio & Minetti, Raoul
- 224-249 The leverage effect puzzle: Disentangling sources of bias at high frequency
by Aït-Sahalia, Yacine & Fan, Jianqing & Li, Yingying
- 250-271 Productivity, restructuring, and the gains from takeovers
by Li, Xiaoyang
- 272-291 Firms as liquidity providers: Evidence from the 2007–2008 financial crisis
by Garcia-Appendini, Emilia & Montoriol-Garriga, Judit
2013, Volume 108, Issue 3
- 565-584 Are there too many safe securities? Securitization and the incentives for information production
by Hanson, Samuel G. & Sunderam, Adi
- 585-607 New evidence on the first financial bubble
by Frehen, Rik G.P. & Goetzmann, William N. & Geert Rouwenhorst, K.
- 608-614 General equilibrium with heterogeneous participants and discrete consumption times
by Vasicek, Oldrich Alfons
- 615-640 A new approach to predicting analyst forecast errors: Do investors overweight analyst forecasts?
by So, Eric C.
- 641-658 The role of state and foreign owners in corporate risk-taking: Evidence from privatization
by Boubakri, Narjess & Cosset, Jean-Claude & Saffar, Walid
- 659-674 CEO contract design: How do strong principals do it?
by Cronqvist, Henrik & Fahlenbrach, Rüdiger
- 675-698 Labor unions and tax aggressiveness
by Chyz, James A. & Ching Leung, Winnie Siu & Zhen Li, Oliver & Meng Rui, Oliver
- 699-726 The cross section of conditional mutual fund performance in European stock markets
by Banegas, Ayelen & Gillen, Ben & Timmermann, Allan & Wermers, Russ
- 727-750 “When the cat's away the mice will play”: Does regulation at home affect bank risk-taking abroad?
by Ongena, Steven & Popov, Alexander & Udell, Gregory F.
- 751-772 Exploring the role Delaware plays as a domestic tax haven
by Dyreng, Scott D. & Lindsey, Bradley P. & Thornock, Jacob R.
- 773-797 Institutional trading and stock resiliency: Evidence from the 2007–2009 financial crisis
by Anand, Amber & Irvine, Paul & Puckett, Andy & Venkataraman, Kumar
- 798-821 Pyramidal ownership and the creation of new firms
by Bena, Jan & Ortiz-Molina, Hernán
- 822-839 Gender and corporate finance: Are male executives overconfident relative to female executives?
by Huang, Jiekun & Kisgen, Darren J.
- 840-854 Adoptive expectations: Rising sons in Japanese family firms
by Mehrotra, Vikas & Morck, Randall & Shim, Jungwook & Wiwattanakantang, Yupana
2013, Volume 108, Issue 2
- 275-301 The role of shorting, firm size, and time on market anomalies
by Israel, Ronen & Moskowitz, Tobias J.
- 302-322 Connecting two markets: An equilibrium framework for shorts, longs, and stock loans
by Blocher, Jesse & Reed, Adam V. & Van Wesep, Edward D.
- 323-348 Learning and the disappearing association between governance and returns
by Bebchuk, Lucian A. & Cohen, Alma & Wang, Charles C.Y.
- 349-366 What do boards really do? Evidence from minutes of board meetings☆☆Miriam Schwartz-Ziv is from Harvard University and Northeastern University, e-mail: email@example.com. Michael S. Weisbach is from Ohio State University, NBER, and SIFR, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Miriam Schwartz-Ziv is very grateful to Eugene Kandel and Michael Weisbach, the co-advisors of her Hebrew University doctoral dissertation, upon which this paper is based. We thank the executive and non-executive employees of the Government Companies Authority of Israel who allowed us both formally and practically to conduct this research; the companies studied that kindly provided us with private and sensitive data; and seminar participants at Babson University, Brown University, Northeastern University, Ohio State University, Purdue University, the European Financial Management Association 2011 conference, the Western Economic Association 2012 conference, and the Financial Management Association 2012 conference, as well as the following people who shared their thoughts and advice at different stages of the preparation of this paper: Renée Adams, Amir Barnea, Steven Davidoff, Ada Demb, Dave Denis, Alon Eizenberg, Isil Erel, Rudi Fahlenbrach, Julian Franks, Ann Gillette, Ilan Guttman, Assaf Hamdani, Randal Heron, E. Han Kim, Stephanie Kramer, Saul Lach, Alexander Ljungqvist, Udi Nisan, Nadya Malenko, Avri Ravid, Artur Raviv, Karen Selody, Daniel Schwartz, Schraga Schwartz, Eytan Sheshinski, Léa Stern, Yuhai Xuan, Jun Yang, Scott Yonker, Tammar Zilber, and Clifford Smith, the referee, Miriam Schwartz-Ziv also thanks the Israeli Ministry of Science and Technology and Hebrew University's School of Business Administration for financial support
by Schwartz-Ziv, Miriam & Weisbach, Michael S.
- 367-391 Valuation of VIX derivatives
by Mencía, Javier & Sentana, Enrique
- 392-408 Real effects of stock underpricing
by Hau, Harald & Lai, Sandy
- 409-424 Risk and return: Long-run relations, fractional cointegration, and return predictability
by Bollerslev, Tim & Osterrieder, Daniela & Sizova, Natalia & Tauchen, George
- 425-448 Flow and stock effects of large-scale treasury purchases: Evidence on the importance of local supply
by D’Amico, Stefania & King, Thomas B.
- 449-470 Labor unemployment risk and corporate financing decisions
by Agrawal, Ashwini K. & Matsa, David A.
- 471-492 Generalists versus specialists: Lifetime work experience and chief executive officer pay
by Custódio, Cláudia & Ferreira, Miguel A. & Matos, Pedro
- 493-505 The economics of club bidding and value creation
by Marquez, Robert & Singh, Rajdeep
- 506-528 Mutual fund risk and market share-adjusted fund flows
by Spiegel, Matthew & Zhang, Hong
- 529-563 The asset growth effect: Insights from international equity markets
by Watanabe, Akiko & Xu, Yan & Yao, Tong & Yu, Tong
2013, Volume 108, Issue 1
- 1-28 The other side of value: The gross profitability premium
by Novy-Marx, Robert
- 29-45 Systemic risk and the refinancing ratchet effect
by Khandani, Amir E. & Lo, Andrew W. & Merton, Robert C.
- 46-61 Rating agencies in the face of regulation
by Opp, Christian C. & Opp, Marcus M. & Harris, Milton
- 62-78 Ratings quality over the business cycle
by Bar-Isaac, Heski & Shapiro, Joel
- 79-98 CEO wage dynamics: Estimates from a learning model
by Taylor, Lucian A.
- 99-117 Learning from repetitive acquisitions: Evidence from the time between deals
by Aktas, Nihat & de Bodt, Eric & Roll, Richard
- 118-138 The earnings announcement premium around the globe
by Barber, Brad M. & De George, Emmanuel T. & Lehavy, Reuven & Trueman, Brett
- 139-159 Anomalies and financial distress
by Avramov, Doron & Chordia, Tarun & Jostova, Gergana & Philipov, Alexander
- 160-181 Peer choice in CEO compensation
by Albuquerque, Ana M. & De Franco, Gus & Verdi, Rodrigo S.
- 182-212 Why are US firms using more short-term debt?
by Custódio, Cláudia & Ferreira, Miguel A. & Laureano, Luís
- 213-230 Does shareholder coordination matter? Evidence from private placements
by Chakraborty, Indraneel & Gantchev, Nickolay
- 231-249 Cross section of option returns and idiosyncratic stock volatility
by Cao, Jie & Han, Bing
- 250-273 The acquisitiveness of youth: CEO age and acquisition behavior
by Yim, Soojin
2013, Volume 107, Issue 3
- 515-536 Securitization without risk transfer
by Acharya, Viral V. & Schnabl, Philipp & Suarez, Gustavo
- 537-556 The “out-of-sample” performance of long run risk models
by Ferson, Wayne & Nallareddy, Suresh & Xie, Biqin
- 557-579 Inventory investment and the cost of capital
by Jones, Christopher S. & Tuzel, Selale
- 580-609 Probability weighting functions implied in options prices
by Polkovnichenko, Valery & Zhao, Feng
- 610-631 The costs of shareholder activism: Evidence from a sequential decision model
by Gantchev, Nickolay
- 632-654 Innovative efficiency and stock returns
by Hirshleifer, David & Hsu, Po-Hsuan & Li, Dongmei
- 655-670 Strategic alliances, venture capital, and exit decisions in early stage high-tech firms
by Ozmel, Umit & Robinson, David T. & Stuart, Toby E.
- 671-693 Alliances and corporate governance
by Bodnaruk, Andriy & Massa, Massimo & Simonov, Andrei
- 694-714 The inefficiency of refinancing: Why prepayment penalties are good for risky borrowers
by Mayer, Chris & Piskorski, Tomasz & Tchistyi, Alexei
- 715-739 Prospect theory, the disposition effect, and asset prices
by Li, Yan & Yang, Liyan
- 740-759 Inequality, stock market participation, and the equity premium
by Favilukis, Jack
- 760-786 Political activism, information costs, and stock market participation
by Bonaparte, Yosef & Kumar, Alok
2013, Volume 107, Issue 2
- 239-258 Delegated asset management, investment mandates, and capital immobility
by He, Zhiguo & Xiong, Wei
- 259-283 Is there price discovery in equity options?
by Muravyev, Dmitriy & Pearson, Neil D. & Paul Broussard, John
- 284-304 Realizing smiles: Options pricing with realized volatility
by Corsi, Fulvio & Fusari, Nicola & La Vecchia, Davide
- 305-324 Government spending, political cycles, and the cross section of stock returns
by Belo, Frederico & Gala, Vito D. & Li, Jun
- 325-349 Growth to value: Option exercise and the cross section of equity returns
by Ai, Hengjie & Kiku, Dana
- 350-385 Growth options, macroeconomic conditions, and the cross section of credit risk
by Arnold, Marc & Wagner, Alexander F. & Westermann, Ramona
- 386-400 Contagion of a liquidity crisis between two firms
by Oh, Frederick Dongchuhl
- 401-416 Capacity constraints, investor information, and hedge fund returns
by Ramadorai, Tarun
- 417-435 The impact of investor protection law on corporate policy and performance: Evidence from the blue sky laws
by Agrawal, Ashwini K.
- 436-453 Nonlinear incentives and mortgage officers’ decisions
by Tzioumis, Konstantinos & Gee, Matthew
- 454-476 The impact of securitization on the expansion of subprime credit
by Nadauld, Taylor D. & Sherlund, Shane M.
- 477-493 CEO compensation contagion: Evidence from an exogenous shock
by Bereskin, Frederick L. & Cicero, David C.
- 494-513 Changes to the ownership and control of East Asian corporations between 1996 and 2008: The primacy of politics
by Carney, Richard W. & Child, Travers Barclay
2013, Volume 107, Issue 1
- 1-24 Payout taxes and the allocation of investment
by Becker, Bo & Jacob, Marcus & Jacob, Martin
- 25-45 Laying off credit risk: Loan sales versus credit default swaps
by Parlour, Christine A. & Winton, Andrew
- 46-68 Market skewness risk and the cross section of stock returns
by Chang, Bo Young & Christoffersen, Peter & Jacobs, Kris
- 69-88 Riding the merger wave: Uncertainty, reduced monitoring, and bad acquisitions
by Duchin, Ran & Schmidt, Breno
- 89-110 Do stock prices influence corporate decisions? Evidence from the technology bubble
by Campello, Murillo & Graham, John R.
- 111-135 Optimal incentives and securitization of defaultable assets
by Malamud, Semyon & Rui, Huaxia & Whinston, Andrew
- 136-154 Style investing, comovement and return predictability
by Wahal, Sunil & Yavuz, M. Deniz
- 155-182 The market for borrowing corporate bonds
by Asquith, Paul & Au, Andrea S. & Covert, Thomas & Pathak, Parag A.
- 183-198 A nonlinear wealth transfer from shareholders to creditors around Chapter 11 filing
by Li, Yuanzhi
- 199-219 Diagnosing affine models of options pricing: Evidence from VIX
by Li, Gang & Zhang, Chu
- 220-237 Are mutual funds sitting ducks?
by Shive, Sophie & Yun, Hayong
2012, Volume 106, Issue 3
- 447-472 Dynamic jump intensities and risk premiums: Evidence from S&P500 returns and options
by Christoffersen, Peter & Jacobs, Kris & Ornthanalai, Chayawat
- 473-491 Technical trading revisited: False discoveries, persistence tests, and transaction costs
by Bajgrowicz, Pierre & Scaillet, Olivier
- 492-512 The market for new issues of municipal bonds: The roles of transparency and limited access to retail investors
by Schultz, Paul
- 513-526 Stock option vesting conditions, CEO turnover, and myopic investment
by Laux, Volker
- 527-546 ‘Déjà vol’: Predictive regressions for aggregate stock market volatility using macroeconomic variables
by Paye, Bradley S.
- 547-565 Geographic dispersion and stock returns
by García, Diego & Norli, Øyvind
- 566-585 Pinning in the S&P 500 futures
by Golez, Benjamin & Jackwerth, Jens Carsten
- 586-613 Multifactor models and their consistency with the ICAPM
by Maio, Paulo & Santa-Clara, Pedro
- 614-634 Bank valuation and accounting discretion during a financial crisis
by Huizinga, Harry & Laeven, Luc
- 635-659 Stock returns after major price shocks: The impact of information
by Savor, Pavel G.
- 660-684 Currency momentum strategies
by Menkhoff, Lukas & Sarno, Lucio & Schmeling, Maik & Schrimpf, Andreas
2012, Volume 106, Issue 2
- 229-246 Doing battle with short sellers: The conflicted role of blockholders in bear raids
by Khanna, Naveen & Mathews, Richmond D.
- 247-261 The sources of value destruction in acquisitions by entrenched managers
by Harford, Jarrad & Humphery-Jenner, Mark & Powell, Ronan
- 262-286 The option to stock volume ratio and future returns
by Johnson, Travis L. & So, Eric C.
- 287-307 Entrepreneurial risk, investment, and innovation
by Caggese, Andrea
- 308-330 Information effect of entry into credit ratings market: The case of insurers' ratings
by Doherty, Neil A. & Kartasheva, Anastasia V. & Phillips, Richard D.
- 331-348 Do option markets undo restrictions on short sales? Evidence from the 2008 short-sale ban
by Grundy, Bruce D. & Lim, Bryan & Verwijmeren, Patrick
- 349-366 The seeds of a crisis: A theory of bank liquidity and risk taking over the business cycle
by Acharya, Viral & Naqvi, Hassan
- 367-394 The term structure of inflation expectations
by Chernov, Mikhail & Mueller, Philippe
- 395-410 Are banks happy when managers go long? The information content of managers’ vested option holdings for loan pricing
by Dezső, Cristian L. & Ross, David Gaddis
- 411-426 Optimal capital structure, bargaining, and the supplier market structure
by Chu, Yongqiang
- 427-446 Profitability and capital structure: Evidence from import penetration
by Xu, Jin
2012, Volume 106, Issue 1
- 1-23 A unified model of entrepreneurship dynamics
by Wang, Chong & Wang, Neng & Yang, Jinqiang
- 24-48 The politics of government investment
by Duchin, Ran & Sosyura, Denis
- 49-71 The effect of reference point prices on mergers and acquisitions
by Baker, Malcolm & Pan, Xin & Wurgler, Jeffrey
- 72-90 Public market staging: The timing of capital infusions in newly public firms
by Hertzel, Michael G. & Huson, Mark R. & Parrino, Robert
- 91-113 Securitization without adverse selection: The case of CLOs
by Benmelech, Efraim & Dlugosz, Jennifer & Ivashina, Victoria
- 114-131 Systematic risk and the cross section of hedge fund returns
by Bali, Turan G. & Brown, Stephen J. & Caglayan, Mustafa Onur
- 132-156 Testing conditional factor models
by Ang, Andrew & Kristensen, Dennis
- 157-181 Predictive regressions with time-varying coefficients
by Dangl, Thomas & Halling, Michael
- 182-195 Entrepreneurial finance, credit cards, and race
by Chatterji, Aaron K. & Seamans, Robert C.
- 196-228 Political geography and stock returns: The value and risk implications of proximity to political power
by Kim, Chansog (Francis) & Pantzalis, Christos & Chul Park, Jung
2012, Volume 105, Issue 3
- 457-472 Size, value, and momentum in international stock returns
by Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R.
- 473-490 What does futures market interest tell us about the macroeconomy and asset prices?
by Hong, Harrison & Yogo, Motohiro
- 491-510 Displacement risk and asset returns
by Gârleanu, Nicolae & Kogan, Leonid & Panageas, Stavros
- 511-522 Risk and the cross section of stock returns
by Burlacu, Radu & Fontaine, Patrice & Jimenez-Garcès, Sonia & Seasholes, Mark S.
- 523-541 Sell-order liquidity and the cross-section of expected stock returns
by Brennan, Michael J. & Chordia, Tarun & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar & Tong, Qing
- 542-564 Limited arbitrage between equity and credit markets
by Kapadia, Nikunj & Pu, Xiaoling
- 565-580 Market fragility and international market crashes
by Berger, Dave & Pukthuanthong, Kuntara
- 581-606 Endogeneity and the dynamics of internal corporate governance
by Wintoki, M. Babajide & Linck, James S. & Netter, Jeffry M.
- 607-621 Does it matter who pays for bond ratings? Historical evidence
by Jiang, John (Xuefeng) & Harris Stanford, Mary & Xie, Yuan
- 622-639 Hedging labor income risk
by Betermier, Sebastien & Jansson, Thomas & Parlour, Christine & Walden, Johan
- 640-660 Adverse selection in mortgage securitization
by Agarwal, Sumit & Chang, Yan & Yavas, Abdullah
- 661-682 Competition and the cost of debt
by Valta, Philip
2012, Volume 105, Issue 2
- 229-259 U.S. stock market crash risk, 1926–2010
by Bates, David S.
- 260-278 How are shorts informed?
by Engelberg, Joseph E. & Reed, Adam V. & Ringgenberg, Matthew C.
- 279-310 Properties of foreign exchange risk premiums
by Sarno, Lucio & Schneider, Paul & Wagner, Christian
- 311-331 Financial constraints and share repurchases
by Chen, Sheng-Syan & Wang, Yanzhi
- 332-352 Did securitization affect the cost of corporate debt?
by Nadauld, Taylor D. & Weisbach, Michael S.
- 353-366 A darker side to decentralized banks: Market power and credit rationing in SME lending
by Canales, Rodrigo & Nanda, Ramana
- 367-392 Individual political contributions and firm performance
by Ovtchinnikov, Alexei V. & Pantaleoni, Eva
- 393-411 How (not) to pay for advice: A framework for consumer financial protection
by Inderst, Roman & Ottaviani, Marco
- 412-435 Do controlling shareholders' expropriation incentives imply a link between corporate governance and firm value? Theory and evidence
by Bae, Kee-Hong & Baek, Jae-Seung & Kang, Jun-Koo & Liu, Wei-Lin
- 436-456 A unique view of hedge fund derivatives usage: Safeguard or speculation?
by Aragon, George O. & Spencer Martin, J.
2012, Volume 105, Issue 1
- 1-17 The credit crisis around the globe: Why did some banks perform better?
by Beltratti, Andrea & Stulz, René M.
- 18-36 Illiquidity or credit deterioration: A study of liquidity in the US corporate bond market during financial crises
by Friewald, Nils & Jankowitsch, Rainer & Subrahmanyam, Marti G.
- 37-61 Pricing of commercial real estate securities during the 2007–2009 financial crisis
by Driessen, Joost & Van Hemert, Otto
- 62-81 The cost and timing of financial distress
by Elkamhi, Redouane & Ericsson, Jan & Parsons, Christopher A.
- 82-112 Understanding commonality in liquidity around the world
by Karolyi, G. Andrew & Lee, Kuan-Hui & van Dijk, Mathijs A.
- 113-130 Vertical integration to avoid contracting with potential competitors: Evidence from bankers' banks
by Brickley, James A. & Linck, James S. & Smith, Clifford W.
- 131-152 Payout yield, risk, and mispricing: A Bayesian analysis
by Shanken, Jay & Tamayo, Ane
- 153-173 Predicting fraud by investment managers
by Dimmock, Stephen G. & Gerken, William C.
- 174-190 Stock options and managerial incentives for risk taking: Evidence from FAS 123R
by Hayes, Rachel M. & Lemmon, Michael & Qiu, Mingming
- 191-208 Variance bounds on the permanent and transitory components of stochastic discount factors
by Bakshi, Gurdip & Chabi-Yo, Fousseni
- 209-227 Do foreigners facilitate information transmission in emerging markets?
by Bae, Kee-Hong & Ozoguz, Arzu & Tan, Hongping & Wirjanto, Tony S.
2012, Volume 104, Issue 3
- 425-451 Securitized banking and the run on repo
by Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew
- 452-468 Neglected risks, financial innovation, and financial fragility
by Gennaioli, Nicola & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert
- 469-490 Arbitrage crashes and the speed of capital
by Mitchell, Mark & Pulvino, Todd
- 491-518 The role of institutional investors in propagating the crisis of 2007–2008
by Manconi, Alberto & Massa, Massimo & Yasuda, Ayako
- 519-534 Asset commonality, debt maturity and systemic risk
by Allen, Franklin & Babus, Ana & Carletti, Elena
- 535-559 Econometric measures of connectedness and systemic risk in the finance and insurance sectors
by Billio, Monica & Getmansky, Mila & Lo, Andrew W. & Pelizzon, Loriana
2012, Volume 104, Issue 2
- 228-250 Time series momentum
by Moskowitz, Tobias J. & Ooi, Yao Hua & Pedersen, Lasse Heje
- 251-271 Realization utility
by Barberis, Nicholas & Xiong, Wei
- 272-287 Global, local, and contagious investor sentiment
by Baker, Malcolm & Wurgler, Jeffrey & Yuan, Yu
- 288-302 The short of it: Investor sentiment and anomalies
by Stambaugh, Robert F. & Yu, Jianfeng & Yuan, Yu
- 303-320 Chasing noise
by Mendel, Brock & Shleifer, Andrei
- 321-338 Peer performance and stock market entry
by Kaustia, Markku & Knüpfer, Samuli
- 339-362 IQ, trading behavior, and performance
by Grinblatt, Mark & Keloharju, Matti & Linnainmaa, Juhani T.
- 363-382 Measuring investor sentiment with mutual fund flows
by Ben-Rephael, Azi & Kandel, Shmuel & Wohl, Avi
- 383-400 Complicated firms
by Cohen, Lauren & Lou, Dong
- 401-419 Investor attention, psychological anchors, and stock return predictability
by Li, Jun & Yu, Jianfeng
2012, Volume 104, Issue 1
- 1-22 Corporate ownership structure and bank loan syndicate structure
by Lin, Chen & Ma, Yue & Malatesta, Paul & Xuan, Yuhai
- 23-43 The flight home effect: Evidence from the syndicated loan market during financial crises
by Giannetti, Mariassunta & Laeven, Luc
- 44-69 Internal corporate governance, CEO turnover, and earnings management
by Hazarika, Sonali & Karpoff, Jonathan M. & Nahata, Rajarishi
- 70-88 Executive stock options, differential risk-taking incentives, and firm value
by Armstrong, Christopher S. & Vashishtha, Rahul
- 89-117 (Interstate) Banking and (interstate) trade: Does real integration follow financial integration?
by Michalski, Tomasz & Ors, Evren
- 118-144 Reputation penalties for poor monitoring of executive pay: Evidence from option backdating
by Ertimur, Yonca & Ferri, Fabrizio & Maber, David A.
- 145-161 Local investors, price discovery, and market efficiency
by Shive, Sophie
- 162-185 Cash holdings, risk, and expected returns
by Palazzo, Berardino
- 186-202 Optimal securitization with moral hazard
by Hartman-Glaser, Barney & Piskorski, Tomasz & Tchistyi, Alexei
- 203-226 The effect of board structure on firm value: A multiple identification strategies approach using Korean data
by Black, Bernard & Kim, Woochan