Credit risk and the deposit insurance premium: a note
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Galai, Dan & Masulis, Ronald W., 1976. "The option pricing model and the risk factor of stock," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 53-81.
- Gorton, Gary & Santomero, Anthony M, 1990. "Market Discipline and Bank Subordinated Debt," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 22(1), pages 119-128, February.
- Black, Fischer & Cox, John C, 1976. "Valuing Corporate Securities: Some Effects of Bond Indenture Provisions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(2), pages 351-367, May.
- Crouhy, Michel & Galai, Dan, 1986. "An economic assessment of capital requirements in the banking industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 231-241, June.
- Allen, Linda & Saunders, Anthony, 1993. "Forbearance and valuation of deposit insurance as a callable put," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 629-643, June.
- McAllister, Patrick H. & Mingo, John J., 1996. "Bank capital requirements for securitized loan pools," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 1381-1405, September.
- Merton, Robert C, 1978.
"On the Cost of Deposit Insurance When There Are Surveillance Costs,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(3), pages 439-452, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "On the cost of deposit insurance when there are surveillance costs," Working papers 903-77., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Ronald Giammarino & Eduardo Schwartz & Josef Zechner, 1989. "Market Valuation of Bank Assets and Deposit Insurance in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 22(1), pages 109-127, February.
- Jin-Chuan, Duan & Moreau, Arthur F. & Sealey, C. W., 1995. "Deposit insurance and bank interest rate risk: Pricing and regulatory implications," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 1091-1108, September.
- Ronn, Ehud I. & Verma, Avinash K., 1989. "Risk-based capital adequacy standards for a sample of 43 major banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 21-29, March.
- Ronn, Ehud I. & Verma, Avinash K., 1987. "A multi-attribute comparative evaluation of relative risk for a sample of banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 499-523, September.
- Crouhy, Michel & Galai, Dan, 1991. "A contingent claim analysis of a regulated depository institution," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 73-90, February.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Pyle, David H., 1986. "Capital regulation and deposit insurance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 189-201, June.
- King, Kathleen Kuester & O'Brien, James M., 1991. "Market-based, risk-adjusted examination schedules for depository institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 955-974, September.
- Kathleen Kuester King & Lawrence R. Cordell, 1992. "A market evaluation of the risk-based capital standards for the U.S. financial system," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 189, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US), revised 1992.
- Chunsheng Zhou, 1997. "Default correlation: an analytical result," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-27, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Marcus, Alan J & Shaked, Israel, 1984. "The Valuation of FDIC Deposit Insurance Using Option-pricing Estimates," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 446-460, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chang, Chuang-Chang & Chung, San-Lin & Yu, Min-Teh, 2006. "Loan guarantee portfolios and joint loan guarantees with stochastic interest rates," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 16-35, February.
- Heller, Yuval & Peleg Lazar, Sharon & Raviv, Alon, 2019. "Banks Risk Taking and Creditors Bargaining Power," MPRA Paper 91381, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:26:y:2018:i:c:p:242-249 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Nagel & Amiyatosh Purnanandam, 2019. "Bank Risk Dynamics and Distance to Default," NBER Working Papers 25807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giandomenico, Rossano, 2014. "Finance & Stochastic," MPRA Paper 71627, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dermine, Jean, 2015. "Basel III leverage ratio requirement and the probability of bank runs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 266-277.
- Chang, Chuen-Ping, 2012. "Default probability of a captive credit bank with government capital injections: A capped barrier option approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2444-2450.
- Jou, Rosemary & Chen, Shi & Tsai, Jeng-Yan, 2017. "Politically connected lending, government capital injection, and bank performance," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 220-232.
- Hwei-Lin Chuang & Shih-Cheng Lee & Yi-Chun Lin & Min-Teh Yu, 2009. "Estimating the cost of deposit insurance with stochastic interest rates: the case of Taiwan," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 1-8.
- repec:bla:eufman:v:23:y:2017:i:1:p:3-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bojidar Bojinov, 2003. "The Deposit Insurance in Bulgaria: Is the time for change?," Finance 0310013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michel Crouhy & Dan Galai, 2018. "Are Banks Special?," Quarterly Journal of Finance (QJF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(04), pages 1-19, December.
- Chen, Shi & Lin, Ku-Jun, 2016. "Effects of government capital injection on bank and bank-dependent borrower," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 618-629.
- Peleg Lazar, Sharon & Raviv, Alon, 2019. "The Risk Spiral: The Effects of Bank Capital and Diversification on Risk Taking," MPRA Paper 92134, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Atreya, Nikhil & Mjøs, Aksel & Persson, Svein-Arne, 2015. "Making Bank: Why High Bank Leverage is Optimal - for the Bank's Shareholders," Discussion Papers 2015/33, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Homolle, Susanne, 2004. "Bank capital regulation, asset risk, and subordinated uninsured debt," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 443-468.
- Li, Xuelian & Lin, Jyh-Horng, 2016. "Shadow-banking entrusted loan management, deposit insurance premium, and capital regulation," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 98-109.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:53:y:2001:i:5:p:497-508. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.