The labor-leisure choice in executive compensation plans: Does too much pay reduce REIT performance?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barbara J. Davis & Roger M. Shelor, 1995. "Executive Compensation and Financial Performance in the Real Estate Industry," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(2), pages 141-152.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Marc C. Chopin & Ross N. Dickens & Roger M. Shelor, 1995. "An Empirical Examination of Compensation of REIT Managers," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(3), pages 263-278.
- Lewellen, Wilbur G & Huntsman, Blaine, 1970. "Managerial Pay and Corporate Performance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 710-20, September.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Lewellen, Wilbur G, 1969. "Management and Ownership in the Large Firm," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 24(2), pages 299-322, May.
- Masson, Robert Tempest, 1971. "Executive Motivations, Earnings, and Consequent Equity Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 1278-92, Nov.-Dec..
- Veliyath, Rajaram & Ferris, Stephen P. & Ramaswamy, Kannan, 1994. "Business strategy and top management compensation: The mediating effects of employment risk, firm performance and size," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 149-159, June.
- William G. Hardin, III, 1998. "Executive Compensation in EREITs: EREIT Size is But One Determinant," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 16(3), pages 401-410.
- Jensen, Michael C & Murphy, Kevin J, 1990.
"Performance Pay and Top-Management Incentives,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 225-64, April.
- Boschen, John F & Smith, Kimberly J, 1995. "You Can Pay Me Now and You Can Pay Me Later: The Dynamic Response of Executive Compensation to Firm Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(4), pages 577-608, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:57:y:2005:i:2:p:151-163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.