Executive Compensation and Financial Performance in the Real Estate Industry
The purpose of this study is to examine the relationships between financial performance, firm size, and executive compensation among firms in the real estate industry. Previous analyses of compensation have not been industry specific. The findings indicate that there is a significant relationship between executive compensation and measures of financial performance, firm size, and age of the highest paid executive.
Volume (Year): 10 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/Email:
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John D. Martin & Douglas O. Cook, 1991. "A Comparison of the Recent Performance of Publicly Traded Real Property Portfolios and Common Stock," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(2), pages 184-212.
- Sung C. Bae, 1990. "Interest Rate Changes And Common Stock Returns Of Financial Institutions: Revisited," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 13(1), pages 71-79, 03.
- Madura, Jeff & Tucker, Alan L. & Zarruk, Emilio, 1992. "Reaction of bank share prices to the Third-World debt reduction plan," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 853-868, September.
- Liu, Crocker H, et al, 1990. "The Integration of the Real Estate Market and the Stock Market: Some Preliminary Evidence," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 261-82, September.
- Lynge, Morgan J. & Zumwalt, J. Kenton, 1980. "An Empirical Study of the Interest Rate Sensitivity of Commercial Bank Returns: A Multi-Index Approach," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 731-742, September.
- Yourougou, Pierre, 1990. "Interest-rate risk and the pricing of depository financial intermediary common stock : Empirical evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 803-820, October.
- Flannery, Mark J & James, Christopher M, 1984. " The Effect of Interest Rate Changes on the Common Stock Returns of Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1141-53, September.
- Willard McIntosh & Youguo Liang & Daniel L. Tompkins, 1991. "An Examination of the Small-Firm Effect within the REIT Industry," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 6(1), pages 9-18.
- Ross, Stephen A & Zisler, Randall C, 1991. "Risk and Return in Real Estate," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 175-90, June.
- Brent W. Ambrose & Esther Ancel & Mark D. Griffiths, 1992. "The Fractal Structure of Real Estate Investment Trust Returns: The Search for Evidence of Market Segmentation and Nonlinear Dependency," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 25-54.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1994. "Bank Real Estate Lending and the New England Capital Crunch," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 22(1), pages 33-58.
- S. Michael Giliberto, 1990. "Equity Real Estate Investment Trusts and Real Estate Returns," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 5(2), pages 259-264.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:10:n:2:1995:p:141-152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.