Interest rate changes and common stock returns of financial institutions: evidence from the UK
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Galai, Dan & Masulis, Ronald W., 1976. "The option pricing model and the risk factor of stock," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 53-81.
- Flannery, Mark J & James, Christopher M, 1984.
"Market Evidence on the Effective Maturity of Bank Assets and Liabilities,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 435-445, November.
- Mark Flannery & Christopher James, "undated". "Market Evidence on the Effective Maturity of Bank Assets and Liabilities," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 5-83, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Mark Flannery & Christopher James, "undated". "Market Evidence on the Effective Maturity of Bank Assets and Liabilities," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 05-83, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Lynge, Morgan J. & Zumwalt, J. Kenton, 1980. "An Empirical Study of the Interest Rate Sensitivity of Commercial Bank Returns: A Multi-Index Approach," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 731-742, September.
- Flannery, Mark J & James, Christopher M, 1984. " The Effect of Interest Rate Changes on the Common Stock Returns of Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1141-1153, September.
- Fogler, H Russell & John, Kose & Tipton, James, 1981. "Three Factors, Interest Rate Differentials and Stock Groups," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 323-335, May.
- Parkinson, Michael, 1980. "The Extreme Value Method for Estimating the Variance of the Rate of Return," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 61-65, January.
- French, Kenneth R & Ruback, Richard S & Schwert, G William, 1983. "Effects of Nominal Contracting on Stock Returns," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 70-96, February.
- Shiller, Robert J, 1973. "A Distributed Lag Estimator Derived from Smoothness Priors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 775-788, July.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Bae, Sung C, 1990. "Interest Rate Changes and Common Stock Returns of Financial Institutions: Revisited," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 13(1), pages 71-79, Spring.
- Aharony, Joseph & Saunders, Anthony & Swary, Ithzak, 1986. "The effects of a shift in monetary policy regime on the profitability and risk of commercial banks," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 363-377, May.
- Lloyd, William P. & Shick, Richard A., 1977. "A Test of Stone's Two-Index Model of Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 363-376, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:494-510 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jiranyakul, Komain, 2016. "Are Thai Equity Index Returns Sensitive to Interest and Exchange Rate Risks?," MPRA Paper 71602, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:jknowl:v:8:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s13132-015-0301-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Azzam, Islam, 2010. "Stock exchange demutualization and performance," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 211-222.
- Román Ferrer & Cristóbal González & Gloria M. Soto, 2010. "Linear and nonlinear interest rate exposure in Spain," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(5), pages 431-451, April.
- Ferrer, Román & Bolós, Vicente J. & Benítez, Rafael, 2016. "Interest rate changes and stock returns: A European multi-country study with wavelets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 1-12.
- Terence Tai-Leung Chong & Shiyu Lin, 2017.
"Predictive models for disaggregate stock market volatility,"
Financial Markets and Portfolio Management,
Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 31(3), pages 261-288, August.
- Chong, Terence Tai Leung & Lin, Shiyu, 2015. "Predictive Models for Disaggregate Stock Market Volatility," MPRA Paper 68460, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-04-51 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexey Akimov & Simon Stevenson & Maxim Zagonov, 2015. "Public Real Estate and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A Cross-Country Study," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 51(4), pages 503-540, November.
- Ahmed A. El-Masry, 2004. "The Exchange Rate Exposure of UK Nonfinancial Companies: Industry-Level Analysis," International Finance 0401001, EconWPA.
- Alaali, Fatema, 2017. "Analysing the Effect of Oil Price Shocks on Asset Prices: evidence from UK firms," MPRA Paper 78013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial Institutions Stock Returns Unexpected Interest Rate Changes Interest Rate Volatility;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:eurjfi:v:4:y:1998:i:2:p:113-127. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/REJF20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.