The market's reaction to unexpected, catastrophic events: the case of airline stock returns and the September 11th attacks
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John J. Binder, 1985. "Measuring the Effects of Regulation with Stock Price Data," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(2), pages 167-183, Summer.
- Drakos, Konstantinos, 2004. "Terrorism-induced structural shifts in financial risk: airline stocks in the aftermath of the September 11th terror attacks," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 435-446, June.
- Smirlock, Michael & Kaufold, Howard, 1987. "Bank Foreign Lending, Mandatory Disclosure Rules, and the Reaction of Bank Stock Prices to the Mexican Debt Crisis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(3), pages 347-364, July.
- Malatesta, Paul H., 1986. "Measuring Abnormal Performance: The Event Parameter Approach Using Joint Generalized Least Squares," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 27-38, March.
- Karafiath, Imre & Glascock, John, 1989. "Intra-industry Effects of a Regulatory Shift: Capital Market Evidence from Penn Square," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 24(1), pages 123-134, February.
- Fama, Eugene F, et al, 1969. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to New Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Lamb, Reinhold P, 1998. "An Examination of Market Efficiency around Hurricanes," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 163-172, February.
- Sinkey, Joseph Jr. & Carter, David A., 1999. "The reaction of bank stock prices to news of derivatives losses by corporate clients," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 1725-1743, December.
- Madura, Jeff & Tucker, Alan L. & Zarruk, Emilio, 1992. "Reaction of bank share prices to the Third-World debt reduction plan," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 853-868, September.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & Davidson, Wallace III & Rangan, Nanda, 1996. "Deregulation in investment banking: Industry concentration following Rule 415," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 85-113, January.
- John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey, 2001. "Expectations of Equity Risk Premia, Volatility and Asymmetry from a Corporate Finance Perspective," NBER Working Papers 8678, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barrett, W Brian, et al, 1987. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to Completely Unanticipated Events," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 22(4), pages 345-354, November.
- Todd C. Pulvino, 1998. "Do Asset Fire Sales Exist? An Empirical Investigation of Commercial Aircraft Transactions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 939-978, 06.
- Millon-Cornett, Marcia H. & Tehranian, Hassan, 1989. "Stock market reactions to the depository institutions deregulation and monetary control act of 1980," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 81-100, March.
- Clark, Jeffrey A & Perfect, Steven B, 1996. "The Economic Effects of Client Losses on OTC Bank Derivative Dealers: Evidence from the Capital Market," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(3), pages 527-545, August.
- Jeffrey A. Clark & Steven B. Perfect, 1996. "The economic effects of client losses on OTC bank derivative dealers: evidence from the capital market," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug, pages 527-547.
- repec:bla:joares:v:21:y:1983:i:1:p:184-221 is not listed on IDEAS