European Journal of Political Economy
2015, Volume 39, Issue C
- 1-12 Interpersonal trust and welfare state support
by Daniele, Gianmarco & Geys, Benny
- 13-24 Media freedom and democracy in the fight against corruption
by Bhattacharyya, Sambit & Hodler, Roland
- 25-40 Fixed exchange rates with escape clauses: The political determinants of the European Monetary System realignments
by Bodea, Cristina
- 41-57 What do ads buy? Daily coverage of listed companies on the Italian press
by Gambaro, Marco & Puglisi, Riccardo
- 58-66 Direct democracy and local government efficiency
by Asatryan, Zareh & De Witte, Kristof
- 67-81 National numerical fiscal rules: Not complied with, but still effective?
by Reuter, Wolf Heinrich
- 82-93 How to tame two Leviathans? Revisiting the effect of direct democracy on local public expenditure in a federation
by Galletta, Sergio & Jametti, Mario
- 94-108 Local governments' re-election and its determinants: New evidence based on a Bayesian approach
by Balaguer-Coll, Maria Teresa & Brun-Martos, María Isabel & Forte, Anabel & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili
- 109-124 Coups, revolutions and efficient policies in autocracies
by Gilli, Mario & Li, Yuan
- 125-149 Expropriation risk and competition within the military
by Aney, Madhav S. & Ko, Giovanni
- 150-166 Gold and silver mining in the 16th and 17th centuries, land titles and agricultural productivity
by Islam, Md. Rabiul & Madsen, Jakob B. & Raschky, Paul A.
- 167-183 What underlies weak states? The role of terrain ruggedness
by Jimenez-Ayora, Pablo & Ulubaşoğlu, Mehmet Ali
- 184-200 Incentive effects of fiscal rules on the finance minister's behavior: Evidence from revenue projections in Swiss Cantons
by Chatagny, Florian
- 201-221 Political instability and labour market institutions
by Lucifora, Claudio & Moriconi, Simone
- 222-234 Have minutes helped markets to predict the MPC's monetary policy decisions?
by El-Shagi, Makram & Jung, Alexander
- 235-248 Elections as a conflict processing mechanism
by Przeworski, Adam & Rivero, Gonzalo & Xi, Tianyang
- 249-268 Social trust, institutional and political constraints on the executive and deregulation of markets
by Leibrecht, Markus & Pitlik, Hans
- 269-280 Political cycle and reported labour incomes in Italy: Quasi-experimental evidence on tax evasion
by Raitano, Michele & Fantozzi, Roberto
- 281-287 Inequality: The original economic sin of capitalism? An Evaluation of Thomas Piketty's "Capital in the twenty-first century"
by Facchini, Francois & Couvreur, Stéphane
- 288-304 The impact of fiscal policy announcements by the Italian government on the sovereign spread: A comparative analysis
by Falagiarda, Matteo & Gregori, Wildmer Daniel
2015, Volume 38, Issue C
- 1-11 Terrorism, openness and the Feldstein–Horioka paradox
by Younas, Javed
- 12-41 Past dominations, current institutions and the Italian regional economic performance
by Di Liberto, Adriana & Sideri, Marco
- 42-54 Just hire your spouse! Evidence from a political scandal in Bavaria
by Kauder, Björn & Potrafke, Niklas
- 55-70 Aid and institutions in transition economies
by Askarov, Zohid & Doucouliagos, Hristos
- 71-81 Fiscal capacity and the risk of sovereign debt after the Glorious Revolution: A reinterpretation of the North–Weingast hypothesis
by Seghezza, Elena
- 82-86 Is an increasing capital share under capitalism inevitable?
by Ng, Yew-Kwang
- 87-101 Parties as efficiency-improving gatekeepers in rent-seeking societies
by Miettinen, Topi & Poutvaara, Panu
- 102-117 War, disenfranchisement and the fall of the ancient Athenian democracy
by Tridimas, George
- 118-139 Modern day slavery: What drives human trafficking in Europe?
by Hernandez, Diego & Rudolph, Alexandra
- 140-152 Common pool problems in voluntary municipal mergers
by Saarimaa, Tuukka & Tukiainen, Janne
- 153-168 Assist or desist? Conditional bailouts and fiscal discipline in local governments
by Dietrichson, Jens & Ellegård, Lina Maria
- 169-180 Addressing child sex tourism: The Indian case
by Chemin, Matthieu & Mbiekop, Flaubert
- 181-196 Investigating the monetary policy of central banks with assessment indicators
by Bluhm, Marcel
- 197-211 Economic growth and judicial independence, a dozen years on: Cross-country evidence using an updated Set of indicators
by Voigt, Stefan & Gutmann, Jerg & Feld, Lars P.
- 212-228 Are we all playing the same game? The economic effects of constitutions depend on the degree of institutionalization
by Caruso, Germán & Scartascini, Carlos & Tommasi, Mariano
- 229-243 Central banks' voting records, the financial crisis and future monetary policy
by Horváth, Roman & Jonášová, Júlia
- 244-256 Incumbency advantage in a proportional electoral system: A regression discontinuity analysis of Irish elections
by Redmond, Paul & Regan, John
2015, Volume 37, Issue C
- 1-20 The impact of national fiscal rules on the stabilisation function of fiscal policy
by Sacchi, Agnese & Salotti, Simone
- 21-36 Term limits and political budget cycles at the local level: evidence from a young democracy
by Klein, Fabio Alvim & Sakurai, Sergio Naruhiko
- 37-48 Inefficient predation and political transitions
by Dorsch, Michael T. & Maarek, Paul
- 49-63 Trade openness and bigger governments: The role of country size revisited
by Jetter, Michael & Parmeter, Christopher F.
- 64-67 A note on stable and sustainable global tax coordination with Leviathan governments
by Eichner, Thomas & Pethig, Rüdiger
- 68-85 Economic growth, repression, and state expenditure in non-democratic regimes
by Islam, Muhammed N.
- 86-101 Revisiting the link between PAC contributions and lobbying expenditures
by Lake, James
- 102-115 Trade, trust and the rule of law
by Yu, Shu & Beugelsdijk, Sjoerd & de Haan, Jakob
- 116-128 In government we trust: The role of fiscal decentralization
by Ligthart, Jenny E. & van Oudheusden, Peter
- 129-145 What determines the likelihood of structural reforms?
by Agnello, Luca & Castro, Vitor & Jalles, João Tovar & Sousa, Ricardo M.
- 146-159 Rich communication, social motivations, and coordinated resistance against divide-and-conquer: A laboratory investigation
by Cason, Timothy N. & Mui, Vai-Lam
- 160-177 Fertility choice and financial development
by Filoso, Valerio & Papagni, Erasmo
- 178-194 The effect of political representation on the geographic distribution of income: Evidence using Belgian data
by Jennes, Geert & Persyn, Damiaan
- 195-206 Political pressure and procyclical expenditure: An analysis of the expenditures of state governments in Mexico
by Abbott, Andrew & Cabral, René & Jones, Philip & Palacios, Roberto
- 207-219 Does economic freedom really kill? On the association between ‘Neoliberal’ policies and homicide rates
by Bjørnskov, Christian
- 220-240 Optimal contracting with private military and security companies
by Fahn, Matthias & Hadjer, Tahmina
- 241-248 Patronage and ideology in electoral behavior: Evidence from Egypt's first presidential elections
by Al-Ississ, Mohamad & Atallah, Samer
- 249-265 Household repayment behavior: The role of social capital and institutional, political, and religious beliefs
by Georgarakos, Dimitris & Fürth, Sven
- 266-279 The sound of silence: Political accountability and libel law
by Gratton, Gabriele
- 280-287 Heterogeneous outside options in contests
by Grossmann, Martin & Dietl, Helmut
- 288-302 Group size and decision rules in legislative bargaining
by Miller, Luis & Vanberg, Christoph
2014, Volume 36, Issue C
- 1-12 Consuming your way to efficiency: Public goods provision through non-distortionary tax lotteries
by Giebe, Thomas & Schweinzer, Paul
- 13-23 Political environment and foreign direct investment: Evidence from OECD countries
by Wisniewski, Tomasz P. & Pathan, Saima K.
- 24-40 Targeting autocrats: Economic sanctions and regime change
by Oechslin, Manuel
- 41-54 The economic determinants of U.S. presidential approval: A survey
by Berlemann, Michael & Enkelmann, Sören
- 55-70 Do politicians shirk when reelection is certain? Evidence from the German parliament
by Bernecker, Andreas
- 71-88 Volatility and growth: Governments are key
by Jetter, Michael
- 89-116 Strikes and slowdown in a theory of relational contracts
by Gary-Bobo, Robert J. & Jaaidane, Touria
- 117-134 Incumbency effects in government and opposition: Evidence from Germany
by Ade, Florian & Freier, Ronny & Odendahl, Christian
- 135-146 When choosing to be almost certain of winning can be better than choosing to win with certainty
by Snir, Avichai
- 147-157 Outside earnings, absence, and activity: Evidence from German parliamentarians
by Arnold, Felix & Kauder, Björn & Potrafke, Niklas
- 158-176 Theoretical vs. empirical power indices: Do preferences matter?
by Badinger, Harald & Mühlböck, Monika & Nindl, Elisabeth & Reuter, Wolf Heinrich
- 177-194 Politics and parents — Intergenerational transmission of values after a regime shift
by Necker, Sarah & Voskort, Andrea
- 195-208 Foreign aid, institutional quality, and growth
by Young, Andrew T. & Sheehan, Kathleen M.
- 209-227 Lobbying and the power of multinational firms
by Polk, Andreas & Schmutzler, Armin & Müller, Adrian
- 228-242 Tariff increases over the electoral cycle: A question of size and salience
by Klien, Michael
- 243-253 Political support for trade policy in the European Union
by Francois, Joseph & Nelson, Douglas R.
- 254-273 A vote at the opera? The political economy of public theaters and orchestras in the German states
by Tepe, Markus & Vanhuysse, Pieter
- 274-286 Does voter turnout affect the votes for the incumbent government?
by Martins, Rodrigo & Veiga, Francisco José
- 287-302 Political competition and economic growth: A nonlinear relationship?
by Man, Georg
- 303-327 Public, or private, providers of public goods? A dynamic general equilibrium study
by Economides, George & Philippopoulos, Apostolis & Vassilatos, Vanghelis
2014, Volume 35, Issue C
- 1-22 Austerity, inequality and politics
by Schaltegger, Christoph A. & Weder, Martin
- 23-37 Political support in hard times: Do people care about national welfare?
by Friedrichsen, Jana & Zahn, Philipp
- 38-51 Local financial development, socio-institutional environment, and firm productivity: Evidence from Italy
by Moretti, Luigi
- 52-74 Income, inequality, and the stability of democracy — Another look at the Lipset hypothesis
by Jung, Florian & Sunde, Uwe
- 75-87 Bureaucratic competition and public corruption: Evidence from transition countries
by Diaby, Aboubacar & Sylwester, Kevin
- 88-101 Resource blessing, revenue curse? Domestic revenue effort in resource-rich countries
by Crivelli, Ernesto & Gupta, Sanjeev
- 102-121 The law of survival of the political class: An analysis of the Italian parliament (1946–2013)
by Fedeli, Silvia & Forte, Francesco & Leonida, Leone
- 122-127 Corruption in delegated public procurement auctions
by Dastidar, Krishnendu Ghosh & Mukherjee, Diganta
- 128-140 The law of large districts: How district magnitude affects the quality of political representation
by Stadelmann, David & Portmann, Marco & Eichenberger, Reiner
- 141-157 The impact of gender quotas on electoral participation: Evidence from Italian municipalities
by De Paola, Maria & Scoppa, Vincenzo & De Benedetto, Marco Alberto
- 158-167 Rent seeking and the excess burden of taxation
by Kahana, Nava & Klunover, Doron
- 168-182 Public provision vs. outsourcing of cultural services: Evidence from Italian cities
by Bertacchini, Enrico & Dalle Nogare, Chiara
- 183-199 Trust, welfare states and income equality: Sorting out the causality
by Bergh, Andreas & Bjørnskov, Christian
2014, Volume 34, Issue C
- 1-17 Have the euro area and EU governance worked? Just the facts
by Ioannou, Demosthenes & Stracca, Livio
- 18-38 On the political determinants of the allocation of funds to heritage authorities
by Guccio, Calogero & Mazza, Isidoro
- 39-51 Strategic redistribution: The political economy of populism in Latin America
by Leon, Gabriel
- 52-67 A theory of ethnic diversity and income distribution: A legislative bargaining approach
by Tsuchimoto Menkyna, Fusako
- 68-85 No news is costly news: The link between the diffusion of the press and public spending
by Petrarca, Ilaria
- 86-110 Sub-national deficits in European countries: The impact of fiscal rules and tax autonomy
by Foremny, Dirk
- 111-125 A study of expressive choice and strikes
by Brunnschweiler, Christa N. & Jennings, Colin & MacKenzie, Ian A.
- 126-141 The rain in Spain: Turnout and partisan voting in Spanish elections
by Artés, Joaquín
- 142-156 Democracy, inequality and the environment when citizens can mitigate health consequences of pollution privately or act collectively
by Bernard, Sophie & Hotte, Louis & Winer, Stanley L.
- 157-166 The impact of preferences on early warning systems — The case of the European Commission's Scoreboard
by Knedlik, Tobias
- 167-183 Announced vs. surprise inspections with tipping-off
by Dechenaux, Emmanuel & Samuel, Andrew
- 184-205 Political leaders' socioeconomic background and fiscal performance in Germany
by Hayo, Bernd & Neumeier, Florian
- 206-221 Ranking alternatives by a fair bidding rule: A theoretical and experimental analysis
by Güth, Werner & Vittoria Levati, M. & Montinari, Natalia
- 222-236 Rules and risk in the Euro area
by Iara, Anna & Wolff, Guntram B.
- 237-252 Do local governments do it better? Analysis of time performance in the execution of public works
by Guccio, Calogero & Pignataro, Giacomo & Rizzo, Ilde
- 253-262 Electoral competition and endogenous barriers to entry
by Drometer, Marcus & Rincke, Johannes
- 263-278 Partial tax coordination in a repeated game setting
by Itaya, Jun-ichi & Okamura, Makoto & Yamaguchi, Chikara
- 279-299 Do changes in the rules of the game affect FDI flows in Latin America? A look at the macroeconomic, institutional and regional integration determinants of FDI
by Sánchez-Martín, Miguel Eduardo & de Arce, Rafael & Escribano, Gonzalo
- 300-314 Prospects of upward mobility and preferences for redistribution: Evidence from the Life in Transition Survey
by Cojocaru, Alexandru
- 315-331 Fiscal policy, growth, income distribution and sociopolitical instability
by Alcántar-Toledo, Javier & Venieris, Yannis P.
- 332-352 What triggers reforms in OECD countries? Improved reform measurement and evidence from the healthcare sector
by Wiese, Rasmus
- 353-371 Tax competition among European countries. Does the EU matter?
by Redoano, Michela
- 372-389 Political corruption, public procurement, and budget composition: Theory and evidence from OECD countries
by Hessami, Zohal
- 390-408 The perfect finance minister: Whom to appoint as finance minister to balance the budget
by Jochimsen, Beate & Thomasius, Sebastian
- 409-424 Partisan influence on social spending under market integration, fiscal pressure and institutional change
by Herwartz, Helmut & Theilen, Bernd
- 425-439 Social trust and central-bank independence
by Berggren, Niclas & Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Hellström, Jörgen
- 440-458 The role of central bank independence on optimal taxation and seigniorage
by Nolivos, Roberto Delhy & Vuletin, Guillermo
- 459-477 Are the responsibility and yardstick competition hypotheses mutually consistent?
by Padovano, Fabio & Petrarca, Ilaria
2014, Volume 33, Issue C
- 1-19 Campaign finance regulations and policy convergence: The role of interest groups and valence
by Köppl-Turyna, Monika
- 20-36 Capitalism and labor shares: A cross-country panel study
by Young, Andrew T. & Lawson, Robert A.
- 37-52 A market for connections
by Miettinen, Topi & Poutvaara, Panu
- 53-70 It's the occupation, stupid! Explaining candidates' success in low-information elections
by Mechtel, Mario
- 71-84 Is regulation by milestones efficiency enhancing? An experimental study of environmental protection
by Freytag, Andreas & Güth, Werner & Koppel, Hannes & Wangler, Leo
- 85-97 The determinants and electoral consequences of asymmetric preferences
by Martínez-Mora, Francisco & Puy, M. Socorro
- 98-120 Risk taking and investing in electoral competition
by Kräkel, Matthias & Nieken, Petra & Przemeck, Judith
- 121-133 A distributional analysis of the benefits of economic freedom
by Compton, Ryan A. & Giedeman, Daniel C. & Hoover, Gary A.
- 134-148 Uncertain contest success function
by Grossmann, Martin
2013, Volume 32, Issue C
- 1-25 Birds of a feather: Evidence on commonality of corruption and democracy in the origin and location of foreign investment in Russian regions
by Ledyaeva, Svetlana & Karhunen, Päivi & Kosonen, Riitta
- 26-37 Why do education vouchers fail at the ballot box?
by Bearse, Peter & Cardak, Buly A. & Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B.
- 38-55 The impact of crime on trust in institutions in Mexico
by Blanco, Luisa R.
- 56-79 Does inequality lead to civil wars? A global long-term study using anthropometric indicators (1816–1999)
by Baten, Joerg & Mumme, Christina
- 80-94 Time vs. money — The supply of voluntary labor and charitable donations across Europe
by Bauer, Thomas K. & Bredtmann, Julia & Schmidt, Christoph M.
- 95-112 The retreat of the state from entrepreneurial activities: A convergence analysis for OECD countries, 1980–2007
by Schuster, Philipp & Schmitt, Carina & Traub, Stefan
- 113-134 Sovereign default risk and decentralization: Evidence for emerging markets
by Eichler, Stefan & Hofmann, Michael
- 135-148 What's in a second opinion? Shadowing the ECB and the Bank of England
by Neuenkirch, Matthias & Siklos, Pierre L.
- 149-160 Religion and returns in Europe
by Salaber, Julie
- 161-181 The theory of contests: A unified model and review of the literature
by Van Long, Ngo
- 182-192 Uncertainty, informational spillovers and policy reform: A gravity model approach
by Fidrmuc, Jan & Karaja, Elira
- 193-204 Emergency liquidity provision to public banks: Rules versus discretion
by Hauck, Achim & Vollmer, Uwe
- 205-231 Does fiscal decentralization mitigate the adverse effects of corruption on public deficits?
by Oto-Peralías, Daniel & Romero-Ávila, Diego & Usabiaga, Carlos
- 232-250 International aid and financial crises in donor countries
by Dang, Hai-Anh & Knack, Stephen & Rogers, F. Halsey
- 251-267 Manipulation and auditing of public sector contracts
by Kuhn, Michael & Siciliani, Luigi
- 268-284 The impact of conditional cash transfers on public education expenditures: A political economy approach
by Estevan, Fernanda
- 285-299 Fiscal forecast errors: Governments versus independent agencies?
by Merola, Rossana & Pérez, Javier J.
- 300-319 Voter preferences, direct democracy and government spending
by Funk, Patricia & Gathmann, Christina
- 320-331 The effect of tax enforcement on tax morale
by Filippin, Antonio & Fiorio, Carlo V. & Viviano, Eliana
- 332-340 Do FOMC forecasts add value to staff forecasts?
by Ellis, Michael A. & Liu, Dandan
- 341-355 The effects of earmarks on the likelihood of reelection
by Stratmann, Thomas
- 356-376 Coalition governments, cabinet size, and the common pool problem: Evidence from the German states
by Baskaran, Thushyanthan
- 377-390 Can trust effects on development be generalized? A response by quantile
by Peiró-Palomino, Jesús & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili
- 391-411 The social capital legacy of communism-results from the Berlin Wall experiment
by Boenisch, Peter & Schneider, Lutz
- 412-431 Do words matter? The impact of communication on the PIIGS' CDS and bond yield spreads during Europe's sovereign debt crisis
by Büchel, Konstantin
2013, Volume 31, Issue C
- 1-14 Efficient government size: France in the 20th century
by Facchini, François & Melki, Mickaël
- 15-25 Does fiscal decentralization foster regional investment in productive infrastructure?
by Kappeler, Andreas & Solé-Ollé, Albert & Stephan, Andreas & Välilä, Timo
- 26-39 Is there duration dependence in Portuguese local governments' tenure?
by Castro, Vítor & Martins, Rodrigo
- 40-59 Government efficiency, institutions, and the effects of fiscal consolidation on public debt
by Heylen, Freddy & Hoebeeck, Annelies & Buyse, Tim
- 60-81 War and the political zeitgeist: Evidence from the history of female suffrage
by Hicks, Daniel L.
- 82-92 Social capital as a substitute for formality: Evidence from Bolivia
by Annen, Kurt
- 93-108 Central school exit exams and labor-market outcomes
by Piopiunik, Marc & Schwerdt, Guido & Woessmann, Ludger
- 109-118 Central bank independence and financial stability: A tale of perfect harmony?
by Berger, Wolfram & Kißmer, Friedrich
- 119-138 Fifty years of fiscal planning and implementation in the Netherlands
by Beetsma, Roel & Giuliodori, Massimo & Walschot, Mark & Wierts, Peter
- 139-164 Are human rights and economic well-being substitutes? The evidence from migration patterns across the Indian states
by Libman, Alexander & Herrmann-Pillath, Carsten & Yadav, Gaurav
- 165-179 Political persistence and economic growth
by Bellettini, Giorgio & Berti Ceroni, Carlotta & Prarolo, Giovanni
- 180-187 Minority positions in the German Council of Economic Experts: A political economic analysis
by Potrafke, Niklas
- 188-204 Delegating decision rights for anticipated rewards as an alternative to corruption: An experiment
by Vetter, Stefan
2013, Volume 30, Issue C
- 1-14 Central bank communication on fiscal policy
by Allard, Julien & Catenaro, Marco & Vidal, Jean-Pierre & Wolswijk, Guido
- 15-34 On the evolution of conditional cooperation
by Guttman, Joel M.
- 35-42 Cost overrun and auction format in small size public works
by Bucciol, Alessandro & Chillemi, Ottorino & Palazzi, Giacomo
- 43-57 Political preferences and public sector outsourcing
by Elinder, Mikael & Jordahl, Henrik
- 58-69 Democracy and economic outcomes: Evidence from the superstars of modern art
by Hellmanzik, Christiane
- 70-79 Corruption and economic activity: Micro level evidence from rural Liberia
by Beekman, Gonne & Bulte, Erwin H. & Nillesen, Eleonora E.M.
- 80-91 Foreign direct investment and industry response to organized crime: The Mexican case
by Ashby, Nathan J. & Ramos, Miguel A.
- 92-111 The partisan policy cycle and firm valuation
by Camyar, Isa & Ulupinar, Bahar
- 112-137 Did growth and reforms increase citizens' support for the transition?
by Golinelli, Roberto & Rovelli, Riccardo
2013, Volume 29, Issue C
- 1-17 Violence, access, and competition in the market for protection
by Rogers, Douglas B. & Smith, Adam C. & Wilson, Bart J.
- 18-37 The political economy of corporate tax harmonization — Why do European politicians (dis)like minimum tax rates?
by Osterloh, Steffen & Heinemann, Friedrich
- 38-53 FDI from the south: The role of institutional distance and natural resources
by Aleksynska, Mariya & Havrylchyk, Olena
- 54-72 Corruption and the effects of economic freedom
by Pieroni, L. & d'Agostino, G.
- 73-89 Demographic structure and the security of property rights: The role of development and democracy
by Harms, Philipp & an de Meulen, Philipp
- 90-101 International migration and the welfare state revisited
by Gaston, Noel & Rajaguru, Gulasekaran
- 102-118 Do business cycle peaks predict election calls in Canada?
by Voia, Marcel-Cristian & Ferris, J. Stephen
- 119-133 The effect of the Troubles on GDP in Northern Ireland
by Dorsett, Richard
- 134-150 Post-compulsory education: Participation and politics
by Anderberg, Dan
- 151-167 How does political instability affect economic growth?
by Aisen, Ari & Veiga, Francisco José
- 168-182 Party-bosses vs. party-primaries: Quality of legislature under different selectorates
by Evrenk, Haldun & Lambie-Hanson, Timothy & Xu, Yourong
- 183-196 Country or leader? Political change and UN General Assembly voting
by Dreher, Axel & Jensen, Nathan M.
- 197-213 The effects of financial crisis on fiscal positions
by Tagkalakis, Athanasios
- 214-235 Firm characteristics and influence on government rule-making: Theory and evidence
by Aisbett, Emma & McAusland, Carol
- 236-251 The economic effects of constitutional budget institutions
by Blume, Lorenz & Voigt, Stefan
- 252-258 Institutions and prosperity A review of Timothy Besley and Torsten Persson, Pillars of Prosperity: The Political Economics of Development Clusters, Princeton University Press, Princeton, 2011, pp. 375 and Daron Acemoglu and James A. Robinson, Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity and Poverty, Profile Books, London 2012, pp. 529
by Jennings, Colin
- 259-271 Does aging affect preferences for welfare spending? A study of peoples' spending preferences in 22 countries, 1985–2006
by Sørensen, Rune J.
2012, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 399-413 Globalization and gender equality in the course of development
by Potrafke, Niklas & Ursprung, Heinrich W.
- 414-429 Expected recidivism among young offenders: Comparing specific deterrence under juvenile and adult criminal law
by Entorf, Horst
- 430-444 The effect of free primary school choice on ethnic groups — Evidence from a policy reform
by Schneider, Kerstin & Schuchart, Claudia & Weishaupt, Horst & Riedel, Andrea
- 445-460 Preference heterogeneity in the CEE inflation-targeting countries
by Jung, Alexander & Kiss, Gergely
- 461-468 Productive versus destructive efforts in contests
by Amegashie, J. Atsu
- 469-484 Corruption scandals, voter information, and accountability
by Costas-Pérez, Elena & Solé-Ollé, Albert & Sorribas-Navarro, Pilar
- 485-497 The shadows of the socialist past: Lack of self-reliance hinders entrepreneurship
by Bauernschuster, Stefan & Falck, Oliver & Gold, Robert & Heblich, Stephan
- 498-511 Social capital, household income, and preferences for income redistribution
by Yamamura, Eiji