European Journal of Political Economy
2016, Volume 43, Issue C
- 1-13 Political budget cycles and reelection prospects in Greece's municipalities
by Chortareas, Georgios & Logothetis, Vasileios & Papandreou, Andreas A.
- 14-28 Bribery environments and firm performance: Evidence from CEE countries
by Hanousek, Jan & Kochanova, Anna
- 29-40 Voter turnout and the size of government
by Aggeborn, Linuz
- 41-56 More for everyone: The effect of local interests on spending on infrastructure
by Halse, Askill H.
- 57-70 Key drivers of EU budget allocation: Does power matter?
by Zaporozhets, Vera & García-Valiñas, María & Kurz, Sascha
- 71-88 Corruption and growth in Africa
by d'Agostino, G. & Dunne, J.P. & Pieroni, L.
- 89-106 To bid or not to bid: That is the question: Public procurement, project complexity and corruption
by Baldi, Simona & Bottasso, Anna & Conti, Maurizio & Piccardo, Chiara
- 107-126 Measuring political information rents: Evidence from the European agricultural reform
by Grüner, Hans Peter & Muller, Daniel
- 127-144 A dirty deed done dirt cheap: Reporting the blame of a national reform on local politicians
by Cassette, Aurélie & Farvaque, Etienne
- 145-158 The political economy of public investment when population is aging: A panel cointegration analysis
by Jäger, Philipp & Schmidt, Torsten
- 159-170 State history, historical legitimacy and modern ethnic diversity
by Bleaney, Michael & Dimico, Arcangelo
2016, Volume 42, Issue C
- 1-16 Revenue decentralization, central oversight and the political budget cycle: Evidence from Israel
by Baskaran, Thushyanthan & Brender, Adi & Blesse, Sebastian & Reingewertz, Yaniv
- 17-35 The role of party politics in medical malpractice tort reforms
by Matter, Ulrich & Stutzer, Alois
- 36-59 The risk of civil conflicts as a determinant of political institutions
by Aguirre, Alvaro
- 60-74 Terrorism and spatial disparities: Does interregional inequality matter?
by Ezcurra, Roberto & Palacios, David
- 75-90 Fiscal Revenues and Commitment in Immigration Amnesties
by Magris, Francesco & Russo, Giuseppe
- 91-104 Individualism–collectivism, governance and economic development
by Kyriacou, Andreas P.
2016, Volume 41, Issue C
- 1-13 Between centralized and decentralized welfare policy: Have national guidelines constrained the influence of local preferences?
by Lunder, Trond Erik
- 14-30 Local funds and political competition: Evidence from the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme in India
by Gupta, Bhanu & Mukhopadhyay, Abhiroop
- 31-45 Local representation and strategic voting: Evidence from electoral boundary reforms
by Saarimaa, Tuukka & Tukiainen, Janne
- 46-60 Women as policy makers and donors: Female legislators and foreign aid
by Hicks, Daniel L. & Hicks, Joan Hamory & Maldonado, Beatriz
- 61-74 Organized crime and electoral outcomes. Evidence from Sicily at the turn of the XXI century
by Buonanno, Paolo & Prarolo, Giovanni & Vanin, Paolo
- 75-93 Media, institutions, and government action: Prevention vs. palliation in the time of cholera
by Choe, Chongwoo & Raschky, Paul A.
2015, Volume 40, Issue PB
- 208-223 Information transfer and aggregation in an uninformed committee: A model for the selection and use of biased expert advice
by Plott, Charles R. & Llewellyn, Morgan
- 224-241 What motivates bandwagon voting behavior: Altruism or a desire to win?
by Morton, Rebecca B. & Ou, Kai
- 242-259 Psychologically-based voting with uncertainty
by Degan, Arianna & Li, Ming
- 260-273 So closed: Political selection in proportional systems
by Galasso, Vincenzo & Nannicini, Tommaso
- 274-287 Democracy with group identity
by Hillman, Arye L. & Metsuyanim, Kfir & Potrafke, Niklas
- 288-297 Collective choice and individual action: Education policy and social mobility in England
by Jennings, Colin
- 298-311 Political economy with affect: On the role of emotions and relationships in political economics
by van Winden, Frans
- 312-332 Choosing a future based on the past: Institutions, behavior, and path dependence
by Bednar, Jenna & Jones-Rooy, Andrea & Page, Scott E.
- 333-344 Are conservatives overconfident?
by Ortoleva, Pietro & Snowberg, Erik
- 345-359 Hyperbolic memory discounting and the political business cycle
by Findley, T. Scott
- 360-374 Choice in politics: Equivalency framing in economic policy decisions and the influence of expertise
by Kuehnhanss, Colin R. & Heyndels, Bruno & Hilken, Katharina
- 375-386 Reputation, volunteering, and trust: Minimizing reliance on taste-based explanations
by Guttman, Joel M. & Goette, Lorenz
- 387-390 Of morals, markets and mice: Be careful drawing policy conclusions from experimental findings!
by Breyer, Friedrich & Weimann, Joachim
- 391-394 Institutions and morals: A reply
by Falk, Armin & Szech, Nora
- 395-417 Behavioral political economy: A survey
by Schnellenbach, Jan & Schubert, Christian
2015, Volume 40, Issue PA
- 1-15 Financial crisis begets financial reform? The origin of the crisis matters
by Waelti, Sébastien
- 16-30 The mayor's advantage: Causal evidence on incumbency effects in German mayoral elections
by Freier, Ronny
- 31-41 War and the growth of government
by O'Reilly, Colin & Powell, Benjamin
- 42-56 Congressional seniority and pork: A pig fat myth?
by Fowler, Anthony & Hall, Andrew B.
- 57-78 Bureaucratic corruption and the dynamic interaction between monetary and fiscal policy
by Dimakou, Ourania
- 79-95 Spatial aid spillovers during transition
by Askarov, Zohid & Doucouliagos, Hristos
- 96-109 Democratic redistribution and rule of the majority
by Corneo, Giacomo & Neher, Frank
- 110-125 The impact of UN and US economic sanctions on GDP growth
by Neuenkirch, Matthias & Neumeier, Florian
- 126-146 Concerns about the Euro and happiness in Germany during times of crisis
by Chadi, Adrian
- 147-157 Political economy of fiscal unions
by Fidrmuc, Jan
- 158-172 On war intensity and schooling attainment: The case of Bosnia and Herzegovina
by Swee, Eik Leong
- 173-183 Do federal reserve bank presidents have a regional bias?
by Jung, Alexander & Latsos, Sophia
- 184-206 Monetary exit and fiscal spillovers
by Libich, Jan & Nguyen, Dat Thanh & Stehlík, Petr
2015, Volume 39, Issue C
- 1-12 Interpersonal trust and welfare state support
by Daniele, Gianmarco & Geys, Benny
- 13-24 Media freedom and democracy in the fight against corruption
by Bhattacharyya, Sambit & Hodler, Roland
- 25-40 Fixed exchange rates with escape clauses: The political determinants of the European Monetary System realignments
by Bodea, Cristina
- 41-57 What do ads buy? Daily coverage of listed companies on the Italian press
by Gambaro, Marco & Puglisi, Riccardo
- 58-66 Direct democracy and local government efficiency
by Asatryan, Zareh & De Witte, Kristof
- 67-81 National numerical fiscal rules: Not complied with, but still effective?
by Reuter, Wolf Heinrich
- 82-93 How to tame two Leviathans? Revisiting the effect of direct democracy on local public expenditure in a federation
by Galletta, Sergio & Jametti, Mario
- 94-108 Local governments' re-election and its determinants: New evidence based on a Bayesian approach
by Balaguer-Coll, Maria Teresa & Brun-Martos, María Isabel & Forte, Anabel & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili
- 109-124 Coups, revolutions and efficient policies in autocracies
by Gilli, Mario & Li, Yuan
- 125-149 Expropriation risk and competition within the military
by Aney, Madhav S. & Ko, Giovanni
- 150-166 Gold and silver mining in the 16th and 17th centuries, land titles and agricultural productivity
by Islam, Md. Rabiul & Madsen, Jakob B. & Raschky, Paul A.
- 167-183 What underlies weak states? The role of terrain ruggedness
by Jimenez-Ayora, Pablo & Ulubaşoğlu, Mehmet Ali
- 184-200 Incentive effects of fiscal rules on the finance minister's behavior: Evidence from revenue projections in Swiss Cantons
by Chatagny, Florian
- 201-221 Political instability and labour market institutions
by Lucifora, Claudio & Moriconi, Simone
- 222-234 Have minutes helped markets to predict the MPC's monetary policy decisions?
by El-Shagi, Makram & Jung, Alexander
- 235-248 Elections as a conflict processing mechanism
by Przeworski, Adam & Rivero, Gonzalo & Xi, Tianyang
- 249-268 Social trust, institutional and political constraints on the executive and deregulation of markets
by Leibrecht, Markus & Pitlik, Hans
- 269-280 Political cycle and reported labour incomes in Italy: Quasi-experimental evidence on tax evasion
by Raitano, Michele & Fantozzi, Roberto
- 281-287 Inequality: The original economic sin of capitalism? An Evaluation of Thomas Piketty's "Capital in the twenty-first century"
by Facchini, Francois & Couvreur, Stéphane
- 288-304 The impact of fiscal policy announcements by the Italian government on the sovereign spread: A comparative analysis
by Falagiarda, Matteo & Gregori, Wildmer Daniel
2015, Volume 38, Issue C
- 1-11 Terrorism, openness and the Feldstein–Horioka paradox
by Younas, Javed
- 12-41 Past dominations, current institutions and the Italian regional economic performance
by Di Liberto, Adriana & Sideri, Marco
- 42-54 Just hire your spouse! Evidence from a political scandal in Bavaria
by Kauder, Björn & Potrafke, Niklas
- 55-70 Aid and institutions in transition economies
by Askarov, Zohid & Doucouliagos, Hristos
- 71-81 Fiscal capacity and the risk of sovereign debt after the Glorious Revolution: A reinterpretation of the North–Weingast hypothesis
by Seghezza, Elena
- 82-86 Is an increasing capital share under capitalism inevitable?
by Ng, Yew-Kwang
- 87-101 Parties as efficiency-improving gatekeepers in rent-seeking societies
by Miettinen, Topi & Poutvaara, Panu
- 102-117 War, disenfranchisement and the fall of the ancient Athenian democracy
by Tridimas, George
- 118-139 Modern day slavery: What drives human trafficking in Europe?
by Hernandez, Diego & Rudolph, Alexandra
- 140-152 Common pool problems in voluntary municipal mergers
by Saarimaa, Tuukka & Tukiainen, Janne
- 153-168 Assist or desist? Conditional bailouts and fiscal discipline in local governments
by Dietrichson, Jens & Ellegård, Lina Maria
- 169-180 Addressing child sex tourism: The Indian case
by Chemin, Matthieu & Mbiekop, Flaubert
- 181-196 Investigating the monetary policy of central banks with assessment indicators
by Bluhm, Marcel
- 197-211 Economic growth and judicial independence, a dozen years on: Cross-country evidence using an updated Set of indicators
by Voigt, Stefan & Gutmann, Jerg & Feld, Lars P.
- 212-228 Are we all playing the same game? The economic effects of constitutions depend on the degree of institutionalization
by Caruso, Germán & Scartascini, Carlos & Tommasi, Mariano
- 229-243 Central banks' voting records, the financial crisis and future monetary policy
by Horváth, Roman & Jonášová, Júlia
- 244-256 Incumbency advantage in a proportional electoral system: A regression discontinuity analysis of Irish elections
by Redmond, Paul & Regan, John
2015, Volume 37, Issue C
- 1-20 The impact of national fiscal rules on the stabilisation function of fiscal policy
by Sacchi, Agnese & Salotti, Simone
- 21-36 Term limits and political budget cycles at the local level: evidence from a young democracy
by Klein, Fabio Alvim & Sakurai, Sergio Naruhiko
- 37-48 Inefficient predation and political transitions
by Dorsch, Michael T. & Maarek, Paul
- 49-63 Trade openness and bigger governments: The role of country size revisited
by Jetter, Michael & Parmeter, Christopher F.
- 64-67 A note on stable and sustainable global tax coordination with Leviathan governments
by Eichner, Thomas & Pethig, Rüdiger
- 68-85 Economic growth, repression, and state expenditure in non-democratic regimes
by Islam, Muhammed N.
- 86-101 Revisiting the link between PAC contributions and lobbying expenditures
by Lake, James
- 102-115 Trade, trust and the rule of law
by Yu, Shu & Beugelsdijk, Sjoerd & de Haan, Jakob
- 116-128 In government we trust: The role of fiscal decentralization
by Ligthart, Jenny E. & van Oudheusden, Peter
- 129-145 What determines the likelihood of structural reforms?
by Agnello, Luca & Castro, Vitor & Jalles, João Tovar & Sousa, Ricardo M.
- 146-159 Rich communication, social motivations, and coordinated resistance against divide-and-conquer: A laboratory investigation
by Cason, Timothy N. & Mui, Vai-Lam
- 160-177 Fertility choice and financial development
by Filoso, Valerio & Papagni, Erasmo
- 178-194 The effect of political representation on the geographic distribution of income: Evidence using Belgian data
by Jennes, Geert & Persyn, Damiaan
- 195-206 Political pressure and procyclical expenditure: An analysis of the expenditures of state governments in Mexico
by Abbott, Andrew & Cabral, René & Jones, Philip & Palacios, Roberto
- 207-219 Does economic freedom really kill? On the association between ‘Neoliberal’ policies and homicide rates
by Bjørnskov, Christian
- 220-240 Optimal contracting with private military and security companies
by Fahn, Matthias & Hadjer, Tahmina
- 241-248 Patronage and ideology in electoral behavior: Evidence from Egypt's first presidential elections
by Al-Ississ, Mohamad & Atallah, Samer
- 249-265 Household repayment behavior: The role of social capital and institutional, political, and religious beliefs
by Georgarakos, Dimitris & Fürth, Sven
- 266-279 The sound of silence: Political accountability and libel law
by Gratton, Gabriele
- 280-287 Heterogeneous outside options in contests
by Grossmann, Martin & Dietl, Helmut
- 288-302 Group size and decision rules in legislative bargaining
by Miller, Luis & Vanberg, Christoph
2014, Volume 36, Issue C
- 1-12 Consuming your way to efficiency: Public goods provision through non-distortionary tax lotteries
by Giebe, Thomas & Schweinzer, Paul
- 13-23 Political environment and foreign direct investment: Evidence from OECD countries
by Wisniewski, Tomasz P. & Pathan, Saima K.
- 24-40 Targeting autocrats: Economic sanctions and regime change
by Oechslin, Manuel
- 41-54 The economic determinants of U.S. presidential approval: A survey
by Berlemann, Michael & Enkelmann, Sören
- 55-70 Do politicians shirk when reelection is certain? Evidence from the German parliament
by Bernecker, Andreas
- 71-88 Volatility and growth: Governments are key
by Jetter, Michael
- 89-116 Strikes and slowdown in a theory of relational contracts
by Gary-Bobo, Robert J. & Jaaidane, Touria
- 117-134 Incumbency effects in government and opposition: Evidence from Germany
by Ade, Florian & Freier, Ronny & Odendahl, Christian
- 135-146 When choosing to be almost certain of winning can be better than choosing to win with certainty
by Snir, Avichai
- 147-157 Outside earnings, absence, and activity: Evidence from German parliamentarians
by Arnold, Felix & Kauder, Björn & Potrafke, Niklas
- 158-176 Theoretical vs. empirical power indices: Do preferences matter?
by Badinger, Harald & Mühlböck, Monika & Nindl, Elisabeth & Reuter, Wolf Heinrich
- 177-194 Politics and parents — Intergenerational transmission of values after a regime shift
by Necker, Sarah & Voskort, Andrea
- 195-208 Foreign aid, institutional quality, and growth
by Young, Andrew T. & Sheehan, Kathleen M.
- 209-227 Lobbying and the power of multinational firms
by Polk, Andreas & Schmutzler, Armin & Müller, Adrian
- 228-242 Tariff increases over the electoral cycle: A question of size and salience
by Klien, Michael
- 243-253 Political support for trade policy in the European Union
by Francois, Joseph & Nelson, Douglas R.
- 254-273 A vote at the opera? The political economy of public theaters and orchestras in the German states
by Tepe, Markus & Vanhuysse, Pieter
- 274-286 Does voter turnout affect the votes for the incumbent government?
by Martins, Rodrigo & Veiga, Francisco José
- 287-302 Political competition and economic growth: A nonlinear relationship?
by Man, Georg
- 303-327 Public, or private, providers of public goods? A dynamic general equilibrium study
by Economides, George & Philippopoulos, Apostolis & Vassilatos, Vanghelis
2014, Volume 35, Issue C
- 1-22 Austerity, inequality and politics
by Schaltegger, Christoph A. & Weder, Martin
- 23-37 Political support in hard times: Do people care about national welfare?
by Friedrichsen, Jana & Zahn, Philipp
- 38-51 Local financial development, socio-institutional environment, and firm productivity: Evidence from Italy
by Moretti, Luigi
- 52-74 Income, inequality, and the stability of democracy — Another look at the Lipset hypothesis
by Jung, Florian & Sunde, Uwe
- 75-87 Bureaucratic competition and public corruption: Evidence from transition countries
by Diaby, Aboubacar & Sylwester, Kevin
- 88-101 Resource blessing, revenue curse? Domestic revenue effort in resource-rich countries
by Crivelli, Ernesto & Gupta, Sanjeev
- 102-121 The law of survival of the political class: An analysis of the Italian parliament (1946–2013)
by Fedeli, Silvia & Forte, Francesco & Leonida, Leone
- 122-127 Corruption in delegated public procurement auctions
by Dastidar, Krishnendu Ghosh & Mukherjee, Diganta
- 128-140 The law of large districts: How district magnitude affects the quality of political representation
by Stadelmann, David & Portmann, Marco & Eichenberger, Reiner
- 141-157 The impact of gender quotas on electoral participation: Evidence from Italian municipalities
by De Paola, Maria & Scoppa, Vincenzo & De Benedetto, Marco Alberto
- 158-167 Rent seeking and the excess burden of taxation
by Kahana, Nava & Klunover, Doron
- 168-182 Public provision vs. outsourcing of cultural services: Evidence from Italian cities
by Bertacchini, Enrico & Dalle Nogare, Chiara
- 183-199 Trust, welfare states and income equality: Sorting out the causality
by Bergh, Andreas & Bjørnskov, Christian
2014, Volume 34, Issue C
- 1-17 Have the euro area and EU governance worked? Just the facts
by Ioannou, Demosthenes & Stracca, Livio
- 18-38 On the political determinants of the allocation of funds to heritage authorities
by Guccio, Calogero & Mazza, Isidoro
- 39-51 Strategic redistribution: The political economy of populism in Latin America
by Leon, Gabriel
- 52-67 A theory of ethnic diversity and income distribution: A legislative bargaining approach
by Tsuchimoto Menkyna, Fusako
- 68-85 No news is costly news: The link between the diffusion of the press and public spending
by Petrarca, Ilaria
- 86-110 Sub-national deficits in European countries: The impact of fiscal rules and tax autonomy
by Foremny, Dirk
- 111-125 A study of expressive choice and strikes
by Brunnschweiler, Christa N. & Jennings, Colin & MacKenzie, Ian A.
- 126-141 The rain in Spain: Turnout and partisan voting in Spanish elections
by Artés, Joaquín
- 142-156 Democracy, inequality and the environment when citizens can mitigate health consequences of pollution privately or act collectively
by Bernard, Sophie & Hotte, Louis & Winer, Stanley L.
- 157-166 The impact of preferences on early warning systems — The case of the European Commission's Scoreboard
by Knedlik, Tobias
- 167-183 Announced vs. surprise inspections with tipping-off
by Dechenaux, Emmanuel & Samuel, Andrew
- 184-205 Political leaders' socioeconomic background and fiscal performance in Germany
by Hayo, Bernd & Neumeier, Florian
- 206-221 Ranking alternatives by a fair bidding rule: A theoretical and experimental analysis
by Güth, Werner & Vittoria Levati, M. & Montinari, Natalia
- 222-236 Rules and risk in the Euro area
by Iara, Anna & Wolff, Guntram B.
- 237-252 Do local governments do it better? Analysis of time performance in the execution of public works
by Guccio, Calogero & Pignataro, Giacomo & Rizzo, Ilde
- 253-262 Electoral competition and endogenous barriers to entry
by Drometer, Marcus & Rincke, Johannes
- 263-278 Partial tax coordination in a repeated game setting
by Itaya, Jun-ichi & Okamura, Makoto & Yamaguchi, Chikara
- 279-299 Do changes in the rules of the game affect FDI flows in Latin America? A look at the macroeconomic, institutional and regional integration determinants of FDI
by Sánchez-Martín, Miguel Eduardo & de Arce, Rafael & Escribano, Gonzalo
- 300-314 Prospects of upward mobility and preferences for redistribution: Evidence from the Life in Transition Survey
by Cojocaru, Alexandru
- 315-331 Fiscal policy, growth, income distribution and sociopolitical instability
by Alcántar-Toledo, Javier & Venieris, Yannis P.
- 332-352 What triggers reforms in OECD countries? Improved reform measurement and evidence from the healthcare sector
by Wiese, Rasmus
- 353-371 Tax competition among European countries. Does the EU matter?
by Redoano, Michela
- 372-389 Political corruption, public procurement, and budget composition: Theory and evidence from OECD countries
by Hessami, Zohal
- 390-408 The perfect finance minister: Whom to appoint as finance minister to balance the budget
by Jochimsen, Beate & Thomasius, Sebastian
- 409-424 Partisan influence on social spending under market integration, fiscal pressure and institutional change
by Herwartz, Helmut & Theilen, Bernd
- 425-439 Social trust and central-bank independence
by Berggren, Niclas & Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Hellström, Jörgen
- 440-458 The role of central bank independence on optimal taxation and seigniorage
by Nolivos, Roberto Delhy & Vuletin, Guillermo
- 459-477 Are the responsibility and yardstick competition hypotheses mutually consistent?
by Padovano, Fabio & Petrarca, Ilaria
2014, Volume 33, Issue C
- 1-19 Campaign finance regulations and policy convergence: The role of interest groups and valence
by Köppl-Turyna, Monika
- 20-36 Capitalism and labor shares: A cross-country panel study
by Young, Andrew T. & Lawson, Robert A.
- 37-52 A market for connections
by Miettinen, Topi & Poutvaara, Panu
- 53-70 It's the occupation, stupid! Explaining candidates' success in low-information elections
by Mechtel, Mario
- 71-84 Is regulation by milestones efficiency enhancing? An experimental study of environmental protection
by Freytag, Andreas & Güth, Werner & Koppel, Hannes & Wangler, Leo
- 85-97 The determinants and electoral consequences of asymmetric preferences
by Martínez-Mora, Francisco & Puy, M. Socorro
- 98-120 Risk taking and investing in electoral competition
by Kräkel, Matthias & Nieken, Petra & Przemeck, Judith
- 121-133 A distributional analysis of the benefits of economic freedom
by Compton, Ryan A. & Giedeman, Daniel C. & Hoover, Gary A.
- 134-148 Uncertain contest success function
by Grossmann, Martin
2013, Volume 32, Issue C
- 1-25 Birds of a feather: Evidence on commonality of corruption and democracy in the origin and location of foreign investment in Russian regions
by Ledyaeva, Svetlana & Karhunen, Päivi & Kosonen, Riitta
- 26-37 Why do education vouchers fail at the ballot box?
by Bearse, Peter & Cardak, Buly A. & Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B.
- 38-55 The impact of crime on trust in institutions in Mexico
by Blanco, Luisa R.
- 56-79 Does inequality lead to civil wars? A global long-term study using anthropometric indicators (1816–1999)
by Baten, Joerg & Mumme, Christina
- 80-94 Time vs. money — The supply of voluntary labor and charitable donations across Europe
by Bauer, Thomas K. & Bredtmann, Julia & Schmidt, Christoph M.
- 95-112 The retreat of the state from entrepreneurial activities: A convergence analysis for OECD countries, 1980–2007
by Schuster, Philipp & Schmitt, Carina & Traub, Stefan
- 113-134 Sovereign default risk and decentralization: Evidence for emerging markets
by Eichler, Stefan & Hofmann, Michael
- 135-148 What's in a second opinion? Shadowing the ECB and the Bank of England
by Neuenkirch, Matthias & Siklos, Pierre L.
- 149-160 Religion and returns in Europe
by Salaber, Julie
- 161-181 The theory of contests: A unified model and review of the literature
by Van Long, Ngo
- 182-192 Uncertainty, informational spillovers and policy reform: A gravity model approach
by Fidrmuc, Jan & Karaja, Elira
- 193-204 Emergency liquidity provision to public banks: Rules versus discretion
by Hauck, Achim & Vollmer, Uwe
- 205-231 Does fiscal decentralization mitigate the adverse effects of corruption on public deficits?
by Oto-Peralías, Daniel & Romero-Ávila, Diego & Usabiaga, Carlos
- 232-250 International aid and financial crises in donor countries
by Dang, Hai-Anh & Knack, Stephen & Rogers, F. Halsey
- 251-267 Manipulation and auditing of public sector contracts
by Kuhn, Michael & Siciliani, Luigi
- 268-284 The impact of conditional cash transfers on public education expenditures: A political economy approach
by Estevan, Fernanda
- 285-299 Fiscal forecast errors: Governments versus independent agencies?
by Merola, Rossana & Pérez, Javier J.
- 300-319 Voter preferences, direct democracy and government spending
by Funk, Patricia & Gathmann, Christina
- 320-331 The effect of tax enforcement on tax morale
by Filippin, Antonio & Fiorio, Carlo V. & Viviano, Eliana
- 332-340 Do FOMC forecasts add value to staff forecasts?
by Ellis, Michael A. & Liu, Dandan
- 341-355 The effects of earmarks on the likelihood of reelection
by Stratmann, Thomas