Journal of Business Valuation and Economic Loss Analysis
June 2016, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-1 Introduction to Symposium on “The Power of Wind: Energy and Natural Disasters”
by Liang Daan & Ewing Bradley T.
- 3-23 Economic Impact of Wind Energy Development in Illinois
by Loomis David G. & Hayden Jared & Noll Sarah & Payne James E.
- 25-29 What is the Economics of Wind Hazard Mitigation?
by Scott Pataya & Liang Daan
- 31-36 Windstorm Price Effects on Construction Materials
by Simmons Kevin M.
- 37-43 Financial Hedging the Risk of Hurricanes
by Cui Yuepeng & Ewing Bradley & Liang Daan
- 45-64 State of Knowledge of Economic Value of Current and Improved Hurricane Forecasts
by Sutter Daniel & Ewing Bradley T.
January 2015, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-43 Business Valuation Inspired by the Austrian School
by Olbrich Michael & Quill Tobias & J. Rapp David
- 45-75 What Is a Firm’s Life Expectancy? Empirical Evidence in the Context of Portuguese Companies
by Reis Pedro Nogueira & Augusto Mário Gomes
- 77-97 Public versus Private Market Participants and the Prices Paid for Private Companies
by Covrig Vicentiu & McConaughy Daniel L.
- 99-116 The Valuation of a Patent through the Real Options Approach: A Tutorial
by Iazzolino Gianpaolo & Migliano Giuseppe
January 2014, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-40 The Specific Value of Junior Mining Companies: Are Common Valuation Methods Appropriate?
by Klossek Polina & Klossek Andreas
- 1-32 Negative Value Indicators in Relative Valuation – An Empirical Perspective
by Sommer Friedrich & Rose Christian & Wöhrmann Arnt
- 1-31 Effect of Liquidity on Size Premium and its Implications for Financial Valuations
by Torchio Frank & Surana Sunita
- 1-30 DCF-Valuations of Companies in Crisis: Distress-Related Leverage, Identification of Risk Positions, Discounting Techniques, and “Beta Flips”
by Meitner Matthias & Streitferdt Felix G.
- 1-21 Privately Held Company Valuation and Cost of Capital
by Rojo-Ramírez Alfonso A.
- 1-18 Private Placement Real Estate Valuation
by Husson Tim & McCann Craig & O’Neal Edward & Taveras Carmen
November 2013, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 163-184 The Valuation of Tax Loss Carryforwards
by Streitferdt Felix Georg
May 2012, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-18 Computing Lost Profits in Business Interruption Litigation: A General Model
by Stephenson Stanley & Macpherson David A. & Prakash-Canjels Gauri
- 1-24 Constructing Historical Yield Curves from Very Sparse Spot Rates: A Methodology and Examples from the 1920s Canadian Market
by Lazar Fred & Prisman Eliezer Z.
- 1-22 Valuation of Cash Flows with Time-Varying Cessation Risk
by Saha Atanu & Malkiel Burton G.
- 1-12 Historical Returns and the Appropriate Time-Frame for Future Value Calculations: Implications for Risk Management and Personal Financial Planning
by Ewing Bradley T. & Thompson Mark A.
April 2011, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-21 The Valuation Premium of the Common Stocks of Islamic Financial Institutions
by Omran M. F.
November 2010, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-28 On the Forecasting of Net Property, Plant and Equipment and Depreciation in Firm Valuation by the Discounted Cash Flow Model
by Jennergren L. Peter
- 1-8 The Effect of Taxes on the Value of Start-Ups
by Villiger Ralph
- 1-41 Fundamentals of Functional Business Valuation
by Matschke Manfred Jürgen & Brösel Gerrit & Matschke Xenia
April 2009, Volume 4, Issue 2
- 1-17 Katrina and the Gulf States Casino Industry
by Walker Douglas M & Jackson John D
- 1-34 The Value of Lost Production from the 2004-2005 Hurricane Seasons in the Gulf of Mexico
by Kaiser Mark J. & Dismukes David E & Yu Yunke
- 1-29 The Impact of Hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Wilma on Business Establishments
by Jarmin Ron S & Miranda Javier
- 1-27 Rationality at the Eve of Destruction: Insurance Stocks and Huge Catastrophic Events
by Kleidt Benjamin & Schiereck Dirk & Sigl-Grueb Christof
- 1-20 Analysis of Wind-Induced Economic Losses Resulting from Roof Damage to a Metal Building
by Dabral Apoorv & Ewing Bradley T.
- 1-14 An Overview of Hurricane Katrina and Economic Loss
by Ewing Bradley T. & Kruse Jamie Brown & Sutter Daniel
- 1-13 Petroleum-Refining Industry Business Interruption Losses due to Hurricane Katrina
by Kirgiz Kivanc & Burtis Michelle & Lunin David A
- 1-11 Hurricane Katrina and Economic Loss: An Alternative Measure of Economic Activity
by Thompson Mark A
October 2009, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-9 The Use of Earnings Capitalization in the Valuation of Growing Firms
by Lippitt Jeffrey W & Lewis Eric E & Burress Joanne
- 1-41 Life and Death of Businesses: A Review of Research on Firm Mortality
by Morris James R
- 1-20 The Valuation of Toll Roads and the Implication for Future Solvency with Special Reference to the Transurban Group
by Goldberg John L
- 1-19 The Private Equity Myth
by Platt Harlan D
- 1-17 Qualitative Judgments and Consistency in Business Valuation
by Sack Elmaleh Michael
- 1-15 Forecasting the Periodic Net Discount Rate with Genetic Programming
by Wagner Neal F & Thompson Mark A
October 2008, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-44 Valuing Complex Stock Options Containing Reload Features
by Hill John W & Kamma Sreenivas & Karam Yassir
- 1-10 Examination and Comparison of Hispanic and White Unemployment Rates
by Ewing Bradley T. & Reyes Angel L & Thompson Mark A & Wetherbe James C
January 2008, Volume 2, Issue 2
- 1-17 WACC or APV?
by Sabal Jaime
- 1-25 Navigating the Jungle of Valuing Complex Capital Structures in Privately Held Companies: An Integrative Simulation Approach
by Chamberlain Travis & Hill John W & Kamma Sreenivas & Karam Yassir
- 1-20 Testing for a Unit Root in the Net Discount Rate: A Survey of the Empirical Results
by Payne James E
- 1-17 Risk-Adjusted Performance as a Rigorous Approach to Removing Subjectivity from Expert Assessments of Suitability
by Rodriguez A. E. & Shapiro Steven J
- 1-14 Macroeconomic Activity and the Compensation of Health Care Workers
by Ewing Bradley T & Hoffman James J. & Thompson Mark A.
April 2007, Volume 2, Issue 1
- 1-22 Do Court Preferences for Valuation Approaches of Closely Held Companies Vary by Industry?
by DiGabriele James A
- 1-21 Evaluating Aalto Multicines, S.A. A Foreign Private Company in a Unique Situation
by Lopez Francisco J.
- 1-20 Economic Efficiency and Damage Awards in Personal Injury Torts
by Schieren George A
- 1-17 Valuing Internet Ventures
by Athanassakos George
- 1-10 Estimating Capitalization Rates for the Excess Earnings Method Using Publicly Traded Comparables
by Howe Harry & Lewis Eric E & Lippitt Jeffrey W
October 2006, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-14 Lost Profits Damages to New Businesses: Adjusting for Survival
by MacPherson David A & Stephenson Stanley P.
- 1-40 A Methodology for Valuing Tiered Entities
by Webb Dennis A & Masten Lari B
- 1-21 Business Valuation Basics for Attorneys
by Dukes William P.
- 1-2 Editorial Preface
by Ewing Bradley & Hoffman Jim
- 1-15 The Value of Life: A New Labor Theory-Based Model
by Arayssi Mahmoud & Khoury Sarkis Joseph & Uwaydah Mardini Rania
- 1-13 On the Time Series Properties of Medical Net Discount Rates
by Sen Amit & Gelles Gregory
- 1-12 The Pancake Palace: A Case Study in Business Interruption from the Defense Side
by DiGabriele James A