Accounting, Organizations and Society
2016, Volume 55, Issue C
- 1-11 How the timing of performance feedback impacts individual performance
by Thornock, Todd A.
- 12-31 Performance measurement in global governance: Ranking and the politics of variability
by Mehrpouya, Afshin & Samiolo, Rita
- 32-47 Accounting institutions as truce: The emergence of accounting in the governance of transnational mail flows
by Richardson, Alan J. & Kilfoyle, Eksa
- 48-62 Organizational and epistemic change: The growth of the art investment field
by Coslor, Erica & Spaenjers, Christophe
- 63-82 Social impact bonds: The securitization of the homeless
by Cooper, Christine & Graham, Cameron & Himick, Darlene
- 83-95 Investor reactions to management earnings guidance attributions: The effects of news valence, attribution locus, and outcome controllability
by Chen, Wei & Han, Jun & Tan, Hun-Tong
- 96-113 The impact of task interruption on tax accountants' professional judgment
by Long, James H. & Basoglu, K. Asli
2016, Volume 54, Issue C
- 1-21 Institutional work and regulatory change in the accounting profession
by Canning, Mary & O'Dwyer, Brendan
- 22-44 Actuarialism as biopolitical and disciplinary technique
by Himick, Darlene
- 45-59 Biased self-assessments, feedback, and employees' compensation plan choices
by Brown, Jason L. & Farrington, Sukari & Sprinkle, Geoffrey B.
- 60-81 Cross-country evidence on the importance of Big Four auditors to equity pricing: The mediating role of legal institutions
by El Ghoul, Sadok & Guedhami, Omrane & Pittman, Jeffrey
2016, Volume 53, Issue C
- 1-16 Motivating revisions of management accounting systems: An examination of organizational goals and accounting feedback
by Thomas, Tyler F.
- 17-33 Knowing patients: The customer survey and the changing margins of accounting in healthcare
by Pflueger, Dane
- 34-49 White collar incentives
by Baik, Bok & Evans, John H. & Kim, Kyonghee & Yanadori, Yoshio
- 50-62 The effects of a reasonable investor perspective and firm's prior disclosure policy on managers' disclosure judgments
by Mayorga, Diane & Trotman, Ken T.
2016, Volume 52, Issue C
- 1-14 When do employers benefit from offering workers a financial reward for reporting internal misconduct?
by Stikeleather, Bryan R.
- 15-31 Conservatism and Staff Accounting Bulletin No. 108
by Canace, Thomas G. & Hatfield, Richard C. & Jackson, Scott B.
- 32-49 The accuracy of disclosures for complex estimates: Evidence from reported stock option fair values
by Bratten, Brian & Jennings, Ross & Schwab, Casey M.
- 50-62 Earnings benchmarks, information systems, and their impact on the degree of honesty in managerial reporting
by Cardinaels, Eddy
- 63-76 Tax professionals at work in Silicon Valley
by Mulligan, Emer & Oats, Lynne
2016, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-11 Do auditor judgment frameworks help in constraining aggressive reporting? Evidence under more precise and less precise accounting standards
by Backof, Ann G. & Bamber, E. Michael & Carpenter, Tina D.
- 12-28 Management control effectiveness and strategy: An empirical analysis of packages and systems
by Bedford, David S. & Malmi, Teemu & Sandelin, Mikko
- 29-46 A study of alliance dynamics, accounting and trust-as-practice
by Mahama, Habib & Chua, Wai Fong
- 47-63 Canada vs Britain in the imperial accountancy arena, 1908–1912: Symbolic capital, symbolic violence
by Poullaos, Chris
- 64-73 How control system design affects performance evaluation compression: The role of information accuracy and outcome transparency
by Bol, Jasmijn C. & Kramer, Stephan & Maas, Victor S.
2016, Volume 50, Issue C
- 1-12 Social accounting and the co-creation of corporate legitimacy
by Killian, Sheila & O'Regan, Philip
- 13-26 Transparency in an opaque market: Evaluative frictions between “thick” valuation and “thin” price data in the art market
by Coslor, Erica
- 27-40 Compensation or feedback: Motivating performance in multidimensional tasks
by Christ, Margaret H. & Emett, Scott A. & Tayler, William B. & Wood, David A.
- 41-50 Why controllers compromise on their fiduciary duties: EEG evidence on the role of the human mirror neuron system
by Eskenazi, Philip I. & Hartmann, Frank G.H. & Rietdijk, Wim J.R.
- 51-73 Practices of standard-setting – An analysis of the IASB's and FASB's process of identifying the objective of financial reporting
by Pelger, Christoph
2016, Volume 49, Issue C
- 1-8 Accounting and lived experience in the gendered workplace
by Carmona, Salvador & Ezzamel, Mahmoud
- 9-20 Management accounting in the laboratory and in social context: Four contrasts, 1975–2014
by Luft, Joan
- 21-31 Accounting, decisions and promises
by Mouritsen, Jan & Kreiner, Kristian
- 32-40 Fostering rigour in accounting for social sustainability
by O'Dwyer, Brendan & Unerman, Jeffrey
- 41-50 Revisiting the roles of accounting in society
by Walker, Stephen P.
2016, Volume 48, Issue C
- 1-16 SEC's acceptance of IFRS-based financial reporting: An examination based in institutional theory
by Alon, Anna & Dwyer, Peggy D.
- 17-30 Taxation and state-building: The tax reform under the Nationalist Government in China, 1928–1949
by Xu, Yin & Xu, Xiaoqun
- 31-42 The cost of creativity: A control perspective
by Grabner, Isabella & Speckbacher, Gerhard
- 43-55 Client business models, process business risks and the risk of material misstatement of revenue
by Wright, William F.
2015, Volume 47, Issue C
- 1-13 The role of innovation in the evolution of management accounting and its integration into management control
by Chenhall, Robert H. & Moers, Frank
- 14-24 Entrepreneurs of the self: The development of management control since 1976
by Cooper, Christine
- 25-42 Regulation and the interdependent roles of managers, auditors, and directors in earnings management and accounting choice
by Libby, Robert & Rennekamp, Kristina M. & Seybert, Nicholas
- 43-55 How accounting begins: Object formation and the accretion of infrastructure
by Power, Michael
- 56-72 Group judgment and decision making in auditing: Past and future research
by Trotman, Ken T. & Bauer, Tim D. & Humphreys, Kerry A.
2015, Volume 46, Issue C
- 5-7 A practitioners perspective: 2014 AOS Conference on Accounting Estimates
by Platt, William
- 8-18 The effects of forecast type and performance-based incentives on the quality of management forecasts
by Chen, Clara Xiaoling & Rennekamp, Kristina M. & Zhou, Flora H.
- 19-22 Discussion of “The effects of forecast type and performance-based incentives on the quality of management forecasts”
by Hales, Jeffrey
- 23-38 Disclosure transparency about activity in valuation allowance and reserve accounts and accruals-based earnings management
by Cassell, Cory A. & Myers, Linda A. & Seidel, Timothy A.
- 39-43 The relation between disclosure quality and reporting quality: A discussion of Cassell, Myers, and Seidel (2015)
by Tucker, Jennifer Wu
- 44-55 Construal instructions and professional skepticism in evaluating complex estimates
by Rasso, Jason Tyler
- 56-58 Discussion of construal instructions and professional skepticism in evaluating complex estimates
by Frank, Michele L. & Hoffman, Vicky B.
- 59-76 The effect of an Audit Judgment Rule on audit committee members’ professional skepticism: The case of accounting estimates
by Kang, Yoon Ju & Trotman, Andrew J. & Trotman, Ken T.
- 77-80 Commentary on “The effect of an audit judgment rule on audit committee members’ professional skepticism: The case of accounting estimates” (Kang, Trotman, and Trotman)
by Vera-Muñoz, Sandra C.
- 81-95 The impact of risk modeling on the market perception of banks’ estimated fair value gains and losses for financial instruments
by Bhat, Gauri & Ryan, Stephen G.
- 96-99 Fair value measurement capabilities, disclosure, and the perceived reliability of fair value estimates: A discussion of Bhat and Ryan (2015)
by McDonough, Ryan P. & Shakespeare, Catherine M.
- 100-114 The effect of alternative accounting measurement bases on investors’ assessments of managers’ stewardship
by Anderson, Spencer B. & Brown, Jason L. & Hodder, Leslie & Hopkins, Patrick E.
- 115-118 Discussion of “The effect of alternative accounting measurement bases on investors’ assessments of managers’ stewardship”
by Emett, Scott A. & Nelson, Mark W.
2015, Volume 45, Issue C
- 1-23 Shareholder orientation and the framing of management control practices: A field study in a Chinese state-owned enterprise
by Yang, ChunLei & Modell, Sven
- 24-39 Management control system design, ownership, and performance in professional service organisations
by King, Robyn & Clarkson, Peter
- 40-51 Perspective taking in auditor–manager interactions: An experimental investigation of auditor behavior
by Church, Bryan K. & Peytcheva, Marietta & Yu, Wei & Singtokul, Ong-Ard
- 52-68 Twittering change: The institutional work of domain change in accounting expertise
by Suddaby, Roy & Saxton, Gregory D. & Gunz, Sally
2015, Volume 44, Issue C
- 1-14 Audit team time reporting: An agency theory perspective
by Agoglia, Christopher P. & Hatfield, Richard C. & Lambert, Tamara A.
- 15-36 Instituting a transnational accountability regime: The case of Sovereign Wealth Funds and “GAPP”
by Mehrpouya, Afshin
- 37-59 Rotational internal audit programs and financial reporting quality: Do compensating controls help?
by Christ, Margaret H. & Masli, Adi & Sharp, Nathan Y. & Wood, David A.
- 60-84 The development of accounting regulations for foreign invested firms in China: The role of Chinese characteristics
by Ezzamel, Mahmoud & Xiao, Jason Zezhong
2015, Volume 43, Issue C
- 1-16 Using negotiated budgets for planning and performance evaluation: An experimental study
by Arnold, Markus C. & Gillenkirch, Robert M.
- 17-32 “For lack of accountability”: The logic of the price in Ireland’s Magdalen Laundries
by Killian, Sheila
- 33-55 The structuration of issue-based fields: Social accountability, social movements and the Equator Principles issue-based field
by O’Sullivan, Niamh & O’Dwyer, Brendan
- 56-66 From bottom line to consumers’ mind: The framing effects of accounting information
by Tian, Yan & Zhou, Hui
- 67-86 Corporate political connections and the 2008 Malaysian election
by Fung, Simon Y.K. & Gul, Ferdinand A. & Radhakrishnan, Suresh
2015, Volume 42, Issue C
- 1-11 The effect of cost goal specificity and new product development process on cost reduction performance
by Gopalakrishnan, Mohan & Libby, Theresa & Samuels, Janet A. & Swenson, Dan
- 12-31 Transplanting Anglo-American accounting oversight boards to a diverse institutional context
by Caramanis, Constantinos & Dedoulis, Emmanouil & Leventis, Stergios
- 32-47 Multinational investment and voluntary disclosure: Project-level evidence from the petroleum industry
by Cannizzaro, Anthony P. & Weiner, Robert J.
- 48-66 How do analysts interpret management range forecasts?
by Tang, Michael & Zarowin, Paul & Zhang, Li
- 67-89 Earthquakes, exceptional government and extraordinary accounting
by Sargiacomo, Massimo
2015, Volume 41, Issue C
- 1-20 Accounting fundamentals and accounting change: Boulton & Watt and the Springfield Armory
by Toms, Steven & Fleischman, Richard K.
- 21-38 Fair value accounting for liabilities: Presentation format of credit risk changes and individual information processing
by Lachmann, Maik & Stefani, Ulrike & Wöhrmann, Arnt
- 39-54 Managing audits to manage earnings: The impact of diversions on an auditor’s detection of earnings management
by Luippold, Benjamin L. & Kida, Thomas & Piercey, M. David & Smith, James F.
- 55-72 Risk and the construction of a European audit policy agenda: The case of auditor liability
by Samsonova-Taddei, Anna & Humphrey, Christopher
2015, Volume 40, Issue C
- 1-12 Career concerns and accounting performance measures in nonprofit organizations
by Arya, Anil & Mittendorf, Brian
- 13-40 “Twisting words”? A study of the construction and reconstruction of reliability in financial reporting standard-setting
by Erb, Carsten & Pelger, Christoph
- 41-60 Gender essentialism and occupational segregation in insolvency practice
by Joyce, Yvonne & Walker, Stephen P.
- 61-77 Target difficulty, target flexibility, and firm performance: Evidence from business units’ targets
by Arnold, Markus C. & Artz, Martin
- 78-94 Organized hypocrisy, organizational façades, and sustainability reporting
by Cho, Charles H. & Laine, Matias & Roberts, Robin W. & Rodrigue, Michelle
2014, Volume 39, Issue 8
- 575-589 Internal auditors’ use of interpersonal likability, arguments, and accounting information in a corporate governance setting
by Fanning, Kirsten & David Piercey, M.
- 590-614 Knowledge mandates in the state–profession dynamic: A study of the British insolvency profession
by Joyce, Yvonne
- 615-631 ‘Professionals who understand’: Expertise, public interest and societal risk governance
by O’Regan, Philip & Killian, Sheila
- 632-659 Corporate social accountability through action: Contemporary insights from British industrial pioneers
by Parker, Lee D.
2014, Volume 39, Issue 7
- 495-510 An empirical investigation of the impact of audit and auditor characteristics on auditor performance
by Alissa, Walid & Capkun, Vedran & Jeanjean, Thomas & Suca, Nadja
- 511-530 Participation in budgeting: A critical anthropological approach
by Bryer, Alice Rose
- 531-534 Causality in the context of analytical models and numerical experiments
by Balakrishnan, Ramji & Penno, Mark
- 535-544 Causal inference in empirical archival financial accounting research
by Gassen, Joachim
- 545-549 Strengthening causal inferences in positivist field studies
by Ittner, Christopher D.
- 550-558 Subjectivity in developing and validating causal explanations in positivist accounting research
by Luft, Joan & Shields, Michael D.
- 559-566 Exploring the possibilities for causal explanation in interpretive research
by Lukka, Kari
- 567-574 A manipulationist view of causality in cross-sectional survey research
by Van der Stede, Wim A.
2014, Volume 39, Issue 6
- 395-413 Accounting and sustainable development: An exploration
by Bebbington, Jan & Larrinaga, Carlos
- 414-432 The institutionalization of social and environmental reporting: An Italian narrative
by Contrafatto, Massimo
- 433-452 Governmentality in accounting and accountability: A case study of embedding sustainability in a supply chain
by Spence, Laura J. & Rinaldi, Leonardo
- 453-476 Exploring accounting-sustainability hybridisation in the UK public sector
by Thomson, Ian & Grubnic, Suzana & Georgakopoulos, Georgios
- 477-494 (Re)presenting ‘sustainable organizations’
by Tregidga, Helen & Milne, Markus & Kearins, Kate
2014, Volume 39, Issue 4
- 237-246 The effect of rankings on honesty in budget reporting
by Brown, Jason L. & Fisher, Joseph G. & Sooy, Matthew & Sprinkle, Geoffrey B.
- 247-263 Fee pressure and audit quality
by Ettredge, Michael & Fuerherm, Elizabeth Emeigh & Li, Chan
- 264-288 Fear and risk in the audit process
by Guénin-Paracini, Henri & Malsch, Bertrand & Paillé, Anne Marché
- 289-307 Is sin always a sin? The interaction effect of social norms and financial incentives on market participants’ behavior
by Liu, Yanju & Lu, Hai & Veenstra, Kevin
2014, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-19 Shady car dealings and taxing work practices: An ethnography of a tax audit process
by Boll, Karen
- 20-37 Visual rhetoric and the case of intellectual capital
by Davison, Jane
- 38-58 Performance measures, consensus on strategy implementation, and performance: Evidence from the operational-level of organizations
by Ho, Joanna L.Y. & Wu, Anne & Wu, Steve Y.C.
- 59-74 The influence of process accountability and accounting standard type on auditor usage of a status quo heuristic
by Messier, William F. & Quick, Linda A. & Vandervelde, Scott D.
2013, Volume 38, Issue 8
- 559-572 Classification situations: Life-chances in the neoliberal era
by Fourcade, Marion & Healy, Kieran
- 573-595 How arbitrary are international accounting classifications? Lessons from centuries of classifying in many disciplines, and experiments with IFRS data
by Nobes, Christopher & Stadler, Christian
- 596-620 An accountability framework for financial statement auditors and related research questions
by Peecher, Mark E. & Solomon, Ira & Trotman, Ken T.
- 621-636 The impact of anecdotal data in regulatory audit firm inspection reports
by Wainberg, James S. & Kida, Thomas & David Piercey, M. & Smith, James F.
2013, Volume 38, Issue 6
- 407-419 Management control as a system or a package? Conceptual and empirical issues
by Grabner, Isabella & Moers, Frank
- 420-439 The profit versus loss heuristic and firm financing decisions
by Pinnuck, Matt & Shekhar, Chander
- 458-468 Flipping markets to virtue with qui tam and restorative justice
by Braithwaite, John
- 469-483 Fraud dynamics and controls in organizations
by Davis, Jon S. & Pesch, Heather L.
- 484-504 The influence of the institutional context on corporate illegality
by Gabbioneta, Claudia & Greenwood, Royston & Mazzola, Pietro & Minoja, Mario
- 505-524 Accounting and networks of corruption
by Neu, Dean & Everett, Jeff & Rahaman, Abu Shiraz & Martinez, Daniel
- 525-543 The apparatus of fraud risk
by Power, Michael
- 544-558 Regulatory technologies, risky subjects, and financial boundaries: Governing ‘fraud’ in the financial markets
by Williams, James W.
2013, Volume 38, Issue 5
- 333-364 The social construction, challenge and transformation of a budgetary regime: The endogenization of welfare regulation by institutional entrepreneurs
by Covaleski, Mark A. & Dirsmith, Mark W. & Weiss, Jane M.
- 365-381 Accounting academic elites: The tale of ARIA
by Edwards, John Richard & Dean, Graeme & Clarke, Frank & Wolnizer, Peter
- 382-396 Vernacular accountings: Bridging the cognitive and the social in the analysis of employee-generated accounting systems
by Kilfoyle, Eksa & Richardson, Alan J. & MacDonald, Laura D.
2013, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 169-194 The dynamics of a regulatory space realignment: Strategic responses in a local context
by Canning, Mary & O’Dwyer, Brendan
- 195-213 Impression management, myth creation and fabrication in private social and environmental reporting: Insights from Erving Goffman
by Solomon, Jill F. & Solomon, Aris & Joseph, Nathan L. & Norton, Simon D.
- 214-227 Judgment effects of familiarity with an analyst’s name
by Chen, Wei & Tan, Hun-Tong
- 228-244 Dirty work and the construction of identity. An ethnographic study of management accounting practices
by Morales, Jérémy & Lambert, Caroline
2013, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-29 Globalization, paradox and the (un)making of identities: Immigrant Chartered Accountants of India in Canada
by Annisette, Marcia & Trivedi, Viswanath Umashanker
- 30-49 Resisting hybridisation between modes of clinical risk management: Contradiction, contest, and the production of intractable conflict
by Fischer, Michael Daniel & Ferlie, Ewan
- 50-71 Management accounting and control practices in a lean manufacturing environment
by Fullerton, Rosemary R. & Kennedy, Frances A. & Widener, Sally K.
- 72-91 Discourses surrounding the evolution of the IASB/FASB Conceptual Framework: What they reveal about the “living law” of accounting
by Murphy, Tim & O’Connell, Vincent & Ó hÓgartaigh, Ciarán
2012, Volume 37, Issue 8
- 519-533 A test of the auditor reliability framework using lenders’ judgments
by DeZoort, F. Todd & Holt, Travis & Taylor, Mark H.
- 534-543 Performance evaluation inflation and compression
by Golman, Russell & Bhatia, Sudeep
- 544-564 Enabling control and the problem of incomplete performance indicators
by Jordan, Silvia & Messner, Martin
- 565-586 Give me a two-by-two matrix and I will create the market: Rankings, graphic visualisations and sociomateriality
by Pollock, Neil & D’Adderio, Luciana
2012, Volume 37, Issue 7
- 445-460 Performance-measurement system design and functional strategic decision influence: The role of performance-measure properties
by Artz, Martin & Homburg, Christian & Rajab, Thomas
- 461-481 The social constitution of regulation: The endogenization of insider trading laws
by Bozanic, Zahn & Dirsmith, Mark W. & Huddart, Steven
- 482-499 Voluntary adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards by large unlisted companies in Portugal – Institutional logics and strategic responses
by Guerreiro, Marta Silva & Rodrigues, Lúcia Lima & Craig, Russell
- 500-517 Agency conflicts and auditing in private firms
by Hope, Ole-Kristian & Langli, John Christian & Thomas, Wayne B.
2012, Volume 37, Issue 5
- 281-303 The logics of budgeting: Theorization and practice variation in the educational field
by Ezzamel, Mahmoud & Robson, Keith & Stapleton, Pam
- 304-321 Boundary work and tax regulation: A Bourdieusian view
by Gracia, Louise & Oats, Lynne
- 322-341 The changing relationship between audit firm size and going concern reporting
by Kaplan, Steven E. & Williams, David D.
- 342-360 The Dutch East-India Company and accounting for social capital at the dawn of modern capitalism 1602–1623
by Robertson, Jeffrey & Funnell, Warwick
2012, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 207-222 Can company-fund manager meetings convey informational benefits? Exploring the rationalisation of equity investment decision making by UK fund managers
by Barker, Richard & Hendry, John & Roberts, John & Sanderson, Paul
- 223-241 The effect of strategic and operating turnaround initiatives on audit reporting for distressed companies
by Bruynseels, Liesbeth & Willekens, Marleen
- 242-259 Attitude, Machiavellianism and the rationalization of misreporting
by Murphy, Pamela R.
- 260-279 Hardening soft accounting information: Games for planning organizational change
by Rowe, Casey & Shields, Michael D. & Birnberg, Jacob G.
2012, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 131-154 Auditing and crisis management: The 2010 Melbourne Storm salary cap scandal
by Andon, Paul & Free, Clinton
- 155-167 Shared interest and honesty in budget reporting
by Church, Bryan K. & Hannan, R. Lynn & Kuang, Xi (Jason)
- 168-187 Effect of internal cost management, information systems integration, and absorptive capacity on inter-organizational cost management in supply chains
by Fayard, Dutch & Lee, Lorraine S. & Leitch, Robert A. & Kettinger, William J.
- 188-205 Syrian women accountants’ attitudes and experiences at work in the context of globalization
by Kamla, Rania
2012, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 55-77 Comparing self-regulation and statutory regulation: Evidence from the accounting profession
by Anantharaman, Divya
- 78-94 The production of normativity: A comparison of reporting regimes in Spain and the UK
by Bebbington, Jan & Kirk, Elizabeth A. & Larrinaga, Carlos
- 95-115 Do changes in audit actions and attitudes consistent with increased auditor scepticism deter aggressive earnings management? An experimental investigation
by Chen, Qiu & Kelly, Khim & Salterio, Steven E.
- 116-129 The privatization of British Energy: Risk transfer and the state
by Jupe, Robert
2011, Volume 36, Issue 8
- 478-493 Accounting as learnt social practice: The case of the empresas recuperadas in Argentina
by Bryer, Alice Rose
- 494-513 25 Years of Giddens in accounting research: Achievements, limitations and the future
by Englund, Hans & Gerdin, Jonas & Burns, John
- 514-533 “When you make manager, we put a big mountain in front of you”: An ethnography of managers in a Big 4 Accounting Firm
by Kornberger, Martin & Justesen, Lise & Mouritsen, Jan
- 534-547 The relative effectiveness of persuasion tactics in auditor–client negotiations
by Perreault, Stephen & Kida, Thomas
2011, Volume 36, Issue 7
- 399-411 Capital rationing, competition, and misrepresentation in budget forecasts
by Brüggen, Alexander & Luft, Joan
- 412-427 The localisation of a global management control system
by Cruz, Inês & Scapens, Robert W. & Major, Maria
- 428-455 Tracing performance in the pharmaceutical industry: Ambivalence, opacity and the performativity of flawed measures
by Dambrin, Claire & Robson, Keith
- 456-476 Reining in auditors: On the dynamics of power surrounding an “innovation” in the regulatory space
by Malsch, Bertrand & Gendron, Yves
2011, Volume 36, Issue 6
- 327-343 The institutionalisation of unaccountability: Loading the dice of Corporate Social Responsibility discourse
by Archel, Pablo & Husillos, Javier & Spence, Crawford
- 344-362 The role of inscriptions in producing a balanced scorecard
by Qu, Sandy Q. & Cooper, David J.
- 363-381 Operationalising closure in a colonial context: The Association of Accountants in East Africa, 1949–1963
by Sian, S.
- 382-397 Investors’ reactions to retractions and corrections of management earnings forecasts
by Tan, Seet-Koh & Koonce, Lisa
2011, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 187-208 Corporate governance and impression management in annual results press releases
by García Osma, Beatriz & Guillamón-Saorín, Encarna
- 209-225 Causal reasoning in financial reporting and voluntary disclosure
by Koonce, Lisa & Seybert, Nick & Smith, James
- 226-245 From counting risk to making risk count: Boundary-work in risk management
by Mikes, Anette
- 246-266 Competitive forces and the importance of management control systems in emerging-economy firms: The moderating effect of international market orientation
by O’Connor, Neale G. & Vera-Muñoz, Sandra C. & Chan, Francis
- 269-283 On audits and airplanes: Redundancy and reliability-assessment in high technologies
by Downer, John
- 284-292 Is mandated independence necessary for audit quality?
by Jamal, Karim & Sunder, Shyam
- 293-309 In TripAdvisor we trust: Rankings, calculative regimes and abstract systems
by Jeacle, Ingrid & Carter, Chris
April 2011, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 125-134 Fair value accounting for liabilities: The role of disclosures in unraveling the counterintuitive income statement effect from credit risk changes
by Gaynor, Lisa Milici & McDaniel, Linda & Yohn, Teri Lombardi
- 135-155 Beyond panopticism: On the ramifications of surveillance in a contemporary professional setting
by Brivot, Marion & Gendron, Yves
- 156-166 The effects of organizational fairness and commitment on the extent of benefits big four alumni provide their former firm
by Herda, David N. & Lavelle, James J.
- 167-182 The strategic competence of accountants and middle managers in budget making
by FaurÃ©, Bertrand & Rouleau, Linda
- 183-186 The practice turn in organization research: Towards a disciplined transdisciplinarity
by Whittington, Richard
February 2011, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 63-85 Combining creativity and control: Understanding individual motivation in large-scale collaborative creativity
by Adler, Paul S. & Chen, Clara Xiaoling
- 86-101 Budgeting for legitimacy: The case of an Australian university
by Moll, Jodie & Hoque, Zahirul
- 102-108 The effects of disclosure type and audit committee expertise on Chief Audit Executives' tolerance for financial misstatements
by Norman, Carolyn Strand & Rose, Jacob M. & Suh, Ik Seon
- 109-124 To tell the truth: A discussion of issues concerning truth and ethics in accounting
by Bayou, Mohamed E. & Reinstein, Alan & Williams, Paul F.
January 2011, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-9 The office: The weakness of numbers and the production of non-authority
by Asdal, Kristin
- 10-30 The making of the management accountant - Becoming the producer of truthful knowledge
by Lambert, Caroline & Pezet, Eric
- 31-52 Seeking legitimacy for new assurance forms: The case of assurance on sustainability reporting
by O'Dwyer, Brendan & Owen, David & Unerman, Jeffrey
- 53-62 Responses to risk in tournaments
by Rankin, Frederick W. & Sayre, Todd L.
November 2010, Volume 35, Issue 8
- 721-736 The dynamics of incentive contracting: The role of learning in the diffusion process
by Bol, Jasmijn C. & Moers, Frank
- 737-756 Social capital and management control systems: A study of a non-government organization
by Chenhall, Robert H. & Hall, Matthew & Smith, David
- 757-774 The effect of depreciation method choice on asset selling prices
by Jackson, Scott B. & Rodgers, Theodore C. & Tuttle, Brad
- 775-791 Changing gender domination in a Big Four accounting firm: Flexibility, performance and client service in practice
by Kornberger, Martin & Carter, Chris & Ross-Smith, Anne
October 2010, Volume 35, Issue 7
- 659-675 The organizational dynamics of Enterprise Risk Management
by Arena, Marika & Arnaboldi, Michela & Azzone, Giovanni
- 676-688 Understanding financial crisis through accounting models
by Bezemer, Dirk J.
- 689-706 The role of performance measurement and evaluation in building organizational capabilities and performance
by Grafton, Jennifer & Lillis, Anne M. & Widener, Sally K.
- 707-717 The influence of organizational justice on accountant whistleblowing
by Seifert, Deborah L. & Sweeney, John T. & Joireman, Jeff & Thornton, John M.
July 2010, Volume 35, Issue 5
- 499-523 Creating dynamic tensions through a balanced use of management control systems
by Mundy, Julia
- 524-545 Consultancy outputs and the purification of accounting technologies
by Christensen, Mark & Skærbæk, Peter
- 546-557 Internal audit reporting lines, fraud risk decomposition, and assessments of fraud risk
by Norman, Carolyn Strand & Rose, Anna M. & Rose, Jacob M.
- 558-564 Nationality and differences in auditor risk assessment: A research note with experimental evidence
by O'Donnell, Ed & Prather-Kinsey, Jenice