Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .
2007, Volume 32, Issue 1-2
- 61-100 Claiming a jurisdiction for the "Public Accountant" in England prior to organisational fusion
by Edwards, John Richard & Anderson, Malcolm & Chandler, Roy A.
- 101-129 The construction of auditing expertise in measuring government performance
by Gendron, Yves & Cooper, David J. & Townley, Barbara
- 131-154 Management control patterns in joint venture relationships: A model and an exploratory study
by Kamminga, Pieter E. & Van der Meer-Kooistra, Jeltje
- 155-180 Objectivity in accounting
by McKernan, John Francis
- 181-195 `We are all managers now': Managerialism and professional engineering in UK electricity utilities
by Mueller, F. & Carter, C.
November 2006, Volume 31, Issue 8
- 687-734 Capitalist accountability and the British Industrial Revolution: The Carron Company, 1759-circa. 1850
by Bryer, Rob
- 735-762 The accounting of "The Meeting": Examining calculability within a "Fluid" local space
by Vaivio, J.
- 763-781 Can less environmental disclosure have a legitimising effect? Evidence from Africa
by de Villiers, Charl & van Staden, Chris J.
- 783-818 The winnowing away of behavioral accounting research in the US: The process for anointing academic elites
by Williams, Paul F. & Jenkins, J. Gregory & Ingraham, Laura
- 819-841 Doing qualitative field research in management accounting: Positioning data to contribute to theory
by Ahrens, Thomas & Chapman, Christopher S.
October 2006, Volume 31, Issue 7
- 601-622 A theory of the corporate decision to resist FASB standards: An organization theory perspective
by Elbannan, Mohamed & McKinley, William
- 623-634 Management reporting incentives and classification credibility: The effects of reporting discretion and reputation
by Hodge, Frank & Hopkins, Patrick E. & Pratt, Jamie
- 635-662 "Informing" technologies and the World Bank
by Neu, Dean & Ocampo Gomez, Elizabeth & Graham, Cameron & Heincke, Monica
- 663-685 The most influential journals in academic accounting
by Bonner, Sarah E. & Hesford, James W. & Van der Stede, Wim A. & Young, S. Mark
August 2006, Volume 31, Issue 6
2006, Volume 31, Issue 4-5
- 323-342 Accelerating the acquisition of knowledge structure to improve performance in internal control reviews
by Borthick, A. Faye & Curtis, Mary B. & Sriram, Ram S.
- 343-372 Stakeholder influence on corporate reporting: An exploration of the interaction between WWF-Australia and the Australian minerals industry
by Deegan, Craig & Blomquist, Christopher
- 373-390 Accountability and auditors' materiality judgments: The effects of differential pressure strength on conservatism, variability, and effort
by DeZoort, Todd & Harrison, Paul & Taylor, Mark
- 391-414 Accounting for public space
by Neu, Dean
- 415-444 Accounting, professions and regulation: Locating the sites of professionalization
by Cooper, David J. & Robson, Keith
- 445-507 Accounts of change: 30 years of historical accounting research
by Napier, Christopher J.
April 2006, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 211-239 On the constitution of audit committee effectiveness
by Gendron, Yves & Bedard, Jean
- 241-275 Accounting, network complementarities and the development of inter-organisational relations
by Mouritsen, Jan & Thrane, Sof
- 277-294 In the mirror of the market: The disciplinary effects of company/fund manager meetings
by Roberts, John & Sanderson, Paul & Barker, Richard & Hendry, John
- 295-322 Inclusion, exclusion and control: The case of the Kenyan accounting professionalisation project
by Sian, S.
February 2006, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 107-127 Market responses to qualitative information from a group polarization perspective
by Burton, F. Greg & Coller, Maribeth & Tuttle, Brad
- 129-155 Accountant stereotypes in movies distributed in North America in the twentieth century
by Dimnik, Tony & Felton, Sandra
- 157-177 Political constraints, organization design and performance measurement in China's state-owned enterprises
by O'Connor, Neale G. & Deng, Johnny & Luo, Yadong
- 179-210 The relation between cost-system design, managers' evaluations of the relevance and usefulness of cost data, and financial performance: an empirical study of US hospitals
by Pizzini, Mina J.
January 2006, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-25 Accountancy before the fall: The AICPA vision project and related professional enterprises
by Fogarty, Timothy J. & Radcliffe, Vaughan S. & Campbell, David R.
- 27-45 Vertical information sharing in the budgeting process
by Parker, Robert J. & Kyj, Larissa
- 47-76 The birth of a nation: Accounting and Canada's first nations, 1860-1900
by Neu, Dean & Graham, Cameron
- 77-103 Organizational culture and performance measurement systems
by Henri, Jean-Francois
- 105-105 Corrigendum to "Accounting for God: Accounting and accountability practices in the Society of Jesus (Italy, XVI-XVII centuries)" [Accounting, Organizations and Society 28 (2004) 169-249]
by Quattrone, Paolo
2005, Volume 30, Issue 7-8
- 585-586 After 30 years
by Hopwood, Anthony G.
- 587-608 Managing budget emphasis through the explicit design of conditional budgetary slack
by Davila, Tony & Wouters, Marc
- 609-625 Economic and equity effects on tax reporting decisions
by Kim, Chung K. & Evans III, John H. & Moser, Donald V.
- 627-653 Financial control, managerial control and accountability: evidence from the British Cotton Industry, 1700-2000
by Toms, Steven
- 655-684 Assessing the quality of evidence in empirical management accounting research: The case of survey studies
by Van der Stede, Wim A. & Young, S. Mark & Chen, Clara Xiaoling
- 685-689 Not because they are new: Developing the contribution of enterprise resource planning systems to management control research
by Chapman, Christopher S.
- 691-733 Enterprise resource planning systems, management control and the quest for integration
by Dechow, Niels & Mouritsen, Jan
- 735-764 A 'time-space odyssey': management control systems in two multinational organisations
by Quattrone, Paolo & Hopper, Trevor
August 2005, Volume 30, Issue 6
July 2005, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 395-422 Integrative strategic performance measurement systems, strategic alignment of manufacturing, learning and strategic outcomes: an exploratory study
by Chenhall, Robert H.
- 423-434 The influence of a business-process focus on category knowledge and internal control evaluation
by Kopp, Lori S. & O'Donnell, Ed
- 435-456 Coping with ambiguity through the budget: the positive effects of budgetary targets on managers' budgeting behaviours
by Marginson, David & Ogden, Stuart
- 457-468 The accuracy of financial report projections of future environmental capital expenditures: a research note
by Patten, Dennis M.
- 469-490 "Helping them to forget..": the organizational embedding of gender relations in public audit firms
by Anderson-Gough, Fiona & Grey, Christopher & Robson, Keith
May 2005, Volume 30, Issue 4
April 2005, Volume 30, Issue 3
February 2005, Volume 30, Issue 2
January 2005, Volume 30, Issue 1
November 2004, Volume 29, Issue 8
October 2004, Volume 29, Issue 7
- 591-608 Determinants of the use of various control mechanisms in US-Chinese joint ventures
by Chalos, Peter & O'Connor, Neale G.
- 609-626 Asset prices and informed traders' abilities: Evidence from experimental asset markets
by Ackert, Lucy F. & Church, Bryan K. & Zhang, Ping
- 627-646 Auditor human capital and audit firm survival: The Dutch audit industry in 1930-1992
by Brocheler, Vera & Maijoor, Steven & van Witteloostuijn, Arjen
- 647-683 Accounting for God: accounting and accountability practices in the Society of Jesus (Italy, XVI-XVII centuries)
by Quattrone, Paolo
- 685-707 Increased stakeholder dialogue and the internet: towards greater corporate accountability or reinforcing capitalist hegemony?
by Unerman, Jeffrey & Bennett, Mark
2004, Volume 29, Issue 5-6
- 447-471 The relations among environmental disclosure, environmental performance, and economic performance: a simultaneous equations approach
by Al-Tuwaijri, Sulaiman A. & Christensen, Theodore E. & Hughes, K. II
- 473-488 The impact of an ethical environment on managers' project evaluation judgments under agency problem conditions
by Booth, Peter & Schulz, Axel K. -D.
- 489-524 Identity, appropriateness and the construction of regulatory space: the formation of the Public Accountant's Council of Ontario
by MacDonald, Laura D. & Richardson, Alan J.
- 525-541 Institutional reality, financial reporting and the rules of the game
by Mouck, Tom
- 543-563 An empirical reanalysis of the selection-socialization hypothesis: a research note
by Scofield, Stephen B. & Phillips, Thomas Jr. & Bailey, Charles D.
- 565-590 The politics of tax accounting in the United States: evidence from the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997
by Roberts, Robin W. & Bobek, Donna D.
2004, Volume 29, Issue 3-4
- 207-225 Power, organization design and managerial behaviour
by Abernethy, Margaret A. & Vagnoni, Emidia
- 227-241 Electronic data interchange: an evaluation of alternative organizational forms
by Arunachalam, Vairam
- 243-267 Implementing performance measurement innovations: evidence from government
by Cavalluzzo, Ken S. & Ittner, Christopher D.
- 269-302 Accounting and management-labour relations: the politics of production in the 'factory with a problem'
by Ezzamel, Mahmoud & Willmott, Hugh & Worthington, Frank
- 303-326 Forms of contingency fit in management accounting research--a critical review
by Gerdin, Jonas & Greve, Jan
- 327-347 A hybrid profession--the acquisition of management accounting expertise by medical professionals
by Kurunmaki, Liisa
- 349-375 The adoption of "Western" management accounting/controls in China's state-owned enterprises during economic transition
by O'Connor, Neale G. & Chow, Chee W. & Wu, Anne
- 377-399 An empirical investigation of the relation between the use of strategic human capital and the design of the management control system
by Widener, Sally K.
- 401-421 Dealing with uncertainty in knowledge-intensive firms: the role of management control systems as knowledge integration mechanisms
by Ditillo, Angelo
- 423-444 Interfaces of control. Technocratic and socio-ideological control in a global management consultancy firm
by Alvesson, Mats & Karreman, Dan
February 2004, Volume 29, Issue 2
January 2004, Volume 29, Issue 1
2003, Volume 28, Issue 7-8
- 639-674 The colour of accountancy: examining the salience of race in a professionalisation project
by Annisette, Marcia
- 675-698 Antecedents to management accounting change: a structural equation approach
by Baines, Annette & Langfield-Smith, Kim
- 699-714 The effect of constrained processing on auditors' judgments
by Hoffman, Vicky B. & Joe, Jennifer R. & Moser, Donald V.
- 715-741 Performance implications of strategic performance measurement in financial services firms
by Ittner, Christopher D. & Larcker, David F. & Randall, Taylor
- 743-772 Professionalisation or incarceration? Household engineering, accounting and the domestic ideal
by Walker, Stephen P.
- 773-791 The taming of the buyer: the retail inventory method and the early twentieth century department store
by Walsh, Eamonn J. & Jeacle, Ingrid
- 793-802 Moderated regression, constructs and measurement in management accounting: a reflection
by Dunk, Alan S.
- 803-809 Testing contingency hypotheses in budgetary research using moderated regression analysis: a second look
by Hartmann, Frank G. H. & Moers, Frank
- 811-813 What is culture? A reply to Baskerville
by Hofstede, Geert
- 815-815 Erratum to "Mapping management accounting: graphics and guidelines for theory-consistent empirical research" [Accounting Organizations and Society 28 (2003) 169-249]
by Luft, Joan & Shields, Michael D.
August 2003, Volume 28, Issue 6
July 2003, Volume 28, Issue 5
May 2003, Volume 28, Issue 4
2003, Volume 28, Issue 2-3
January 2003, Volume 28, Issue 1
November 2002, Volume 27, Issue 8
October 2002, Volume 27, Issue 7
- 611-636 Keeping up gendered appearances: representations of gender in financial annual reports
by Benschop, Yvonne & Meihuizen, Hanne E.
- 637-658 British central government and "the mercantile system of double entry" bookkeeping: a study of ideological conflict
by Edwards, John Richard & Coombs, Hugh M. & Greener, Hugh T.
- 659-684 On the role of the organization in auditors' client-acceptance decisions
by Gendron, Yves
- 685-685 Editorial
by Hopwood, A.
- 687-708 The social accounting project and Accounting Organizations and Society Privileging engagement, imaginings, new accountings and pragmatism over critique?
by Gray, Rob
August 2002, Volume 27, Issue 6
2002, Volume 27, Issue 4-5
- 303-345 The effects of monetary incentives on effort and task performance: theories, evidence, and a framework for research
by Bonner, Sarah E. & Sprinkle, Geoffrey B.
- 347-360 The organizational culture of public accounting firms: evidence from Taiwanese local and US affiliated firms
by Chow, Chee W. & Harrison, Graeme L. & McKinnon, Jill L. & Wu, Anne
- 361-378 The impact of reputation and variance investigations on the creation of budget slack
by Webb, R. Alan
- 379-408 The interplay between professional groups, the state and supranational agents: Pax Americana in the age of 'globalisation'
by Caramanis, Constantinos V.
- 409-445 The Empire Strikes Back? An exploration of centre-periphery interaction between the ICAEW and accounting associations in the self-governing colonies of Australia, Canada and South Africa, 1880-1907
by Chua, Wai Fong & Poullaos, Chris
- 447-470 Creating a profession 'out of nothing'? The case of the Belgian auditing profession
by De Beelde, Ignace
- 471-496 Professional accounting development in Nigeria: threats from the inside and outside
by Uche, Chibuike U.
April 2002, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 195-211 Factors influencing the performance of activity based costing teams: a field study of ABC model development time in the automobile industry
by Anderson, Shannon W. & Hesford, James W. & Young, S. Mark
- 213-238 Incentive issues in inter-firm relationships
by Baiman, Stanley & Rajan, Madhav V.
- 239-274 The relationship between accounting and spatial practices in the factory
by Carmona, Salvador & Ezzamel, Mahmoud & Gutierrez, Fernando
- 275-295 Agency theory, performance evaluation, and the hypothetical construct of intrinsic motivation
by Kunz, Alexis H. & Pfaff, Dieter
2002, Volume 27, Issue 1-2
- 1-25 Functional fixation revisited: the effects of feedback and a repeated measures design on information processing changes in response to an accounting change
by Arunachalam, Vairam & Beck, Grant
- 27-43 The effect of information asymmetry on negotiated budgets: an empirical investigation
by Fisher, Joseph & Frederickson, James R. & Peffer, Sean A.
- 45-59 The incidence, perceived merit and antecedents of customer accounting: an exploratory note
by Guilding, Chris & McManus, Lisa
- 61-84 The rise of modern accounting and the fall of the public company: the Lancashire cotton mills 1870-1914
by Toms, J. S.
- 85-98 Traders, managers and loss aversion in investment banking: a field study
by Willman, Paul & Fenton-O'Creevy, Mark & Nicholson, Nigel & Soane, Emma
- 99-120 The costs of activity-based management
by Armstrong, Peter
- 121-163 The ABC bandwagon and the juggernaut of modernity
by Colwyn Jones, T. & Dugdale, David
- 165-190 The fragmented communication structure within the accounting academia: the case of activity-based costing research genres
by Lukka, Kari & Granlund, Markus
August 2001, Volume 26, Issue 6
2001, Volume 26, Issue 4-5
- 301-325 The construction of the professional accountant: the case of the Incorporated Institute of Accountants, Victoria (1886)
by Carnegie, Garry D. & Edwards, John Richard
- 327-349 Accounting classification and the international harmonisation debate -- an empirical investigation
by d'Arcy, Anne
- 351-389 Management accounting systems and organizational configuration: a life-cycle perspective
by Moores, Ken & Yuen, Susana
- 391-418 Understanding social closure in its cultural context: accounting practitioners in France (1920-1939)
by Ramirez, Carlos
- 419-441 Explaining management control structure variety: a transaction cost economics perspective
by Spekle, Roland F.
- 443-460 Predicting change in management accounting systems: national culture and industry effects
by Williams, John J. & Seaman, Alfred E.
- 461-470 Accountant's tales
by Stone, Dan N.
April 2001, Volume 26, Issue 3
March 2001, Volume 26, Issue 2
January 2001, Volume 26, Issue 1
November 2000, Volume 25, Issue 8
- 1-1 Celebrating and reviewing
by Hopwood, Anthony G.
- 1-1 In appreciation
by Hopwood, Anthony G.
- 723-749 Sourcing parts of complex products: evidence on transactions costs, high-powered incentives and ex-post opportunism
by Anderson, Shannon W. & Glenn, David & Sedatole, Karen L.
- 751-762 Succeeding in managerial accounting. Part 2: a structural equations analysis
by Hunton, James E. & Wier, Benson & Stone, Dan N.
- 763-766 Understanding financial accounting practice
by Hopwood, Anthony G.
- 767-786 Looking forward to the past
by McSweeney, Brendan
- 787-798 Time and space in income accounting
by Takatera, Sadao & Sawabe, Norio
- 799-822 Accounting relativism: the unstable relationship between income measurement and theories of the firm
by Zambon, Stefano & Zan, Luca
October 2000, Volume 25, Issue 7