From counting risk to making risk count: Boundary-work in risk management
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hopwood, Anthony G., 1987. "The archeology of accounting systems," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 207-234, April.
- Ahrens, Thomas, 1996. "Styles of accountability," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 139-173.
- Ahrens, T., 1996. "Styles of Accountability," Papers 96-119, University of Southampton - Department of Accounting and Management Science.
- Lavoie, Don, 1987. "The accounting of interpretations and the interpretation of accounts: The communicative function of "the language of business"," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 579-604, October.
- Hopwood, Anthony G., 1983. "On trying to study accounting in the contexts in which it operates," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 8(2-3), pages 287-305, May.
- Hedberg, Bo & Jonsson, Sten, 1978. "Designing semi-confusing information systems for organizations in changing environments," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 47-64, February.
- Vollmer, Hendrik, 2007. "How to do more with numbers: Elementary stakes, framing, keying, and the three-dimensional character of numerical signs," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 577-600, August.
- Millo, Yuval & MacKenzie, Donald, 2009. "The usefulness of inaccurate models: Towards an understanding of the emergence of financial risk management," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 638-653, July.
- Daniel Beunza & David Stark, 2004. "Tools of the trade: the socio-technology of arbitrage in a Wall Street trading room," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 369-400, April.
- Swieringa, Robert J. & Weick, Karl R., 1987. "Management accounting and action," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 293-308, April.
- Power, Michael, 2009. "The risk management of nothing," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(6-7), pages 849-855, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert S. Kaplan & Anette Mikes, 2016. "Risk Management—the Revealing Hand," Harvard Business School Working Papers 16-102, Harvard Business School.
- repec:eee:ijoais:v:19:y:2015:i:c:p:1-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:46:y:2017:i:c:p:3-23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pauline Beau, 2015. "Evaluer La Performance Individuelle Sur Les Resultats: De La Recherche D'Efficience Au Stress Professionnel," Post-Print hal-01188193, HAL.
- Tharusha N. Gooneratne & Zahirul Hoque, 2013. "Management control research in the banking sector: A critical review and directions for future research," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(2), pages 144-171, June.
- Palermo, Tommaso, 2014. "Accountability and expertise in public sector risk management: a case study," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59948, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:bla:srbeha:v:34:y:2017:i:6:p:728-745 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhat, Gauri & Ryan, Stephen G., 2015. "The impact of risk modeling on the market perception of banks’ estimated fair value gains and losses for financial instruments," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 81-95.
- Power, Michael & Ashby, Simon & Palermo, Tommaso, 2013. "Risk culture in financial organisations: a research report," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67978, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:36:y:2011:i:4:p:226-245. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.