Les contrôleurs de gestion, « médiateurs » de la financiarisation
Many studies illustrate the increasing power of financial officers in organisations, as related to a universal and inevitable process of financialisation. Through an ethnographic study, we tried to analyse concrete impacts on daily practices of this trend. We showed that the trajectory of financialisation was influenced by a competition between professional groups. In the same time, its seeming universality is used to legitimate claims made by a group of actors. We thus try to show how management controllers and their devices play the role of smugglers of financialisation, without neglecting adaptation and compromise, local and contextual, necessary to make it enter the daily practices of an organisation
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Publication status:||Published in Comptabilité - Contrôle - Audit, Association Francophone de Comptabilité ; Vuibert, 2010, 16 (1), pp.101-132|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00498673|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ahrens, Thomas, 1996. "Styles of accountability," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 139-173.
- Claire Dambrin & Caroline Lambert & Samuel Sponem, 2007. "Control and Change. Analysing the Process of Institutionalisation," Post-Print halshs-00170562, HAL.
- Dent, Jeremy F., 1991. "Accounting and organizational cultures: A field study of the emergence of a new organizational reality," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 705-732.
- Miller, Peter & O'Leary, Ted, 1987. "Accounting and the construction of the governable person," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 235-265, April.
- Ahrens, Thomas & Chapman, Christopher S., 2007. "Management accounting as practice," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 1-27.
- Fligstein, Neil, 2001. "Social Skill and the Theory of Fields," Center for Culture, Organizations and Politics, Working Paper Series qt26m187b1, Center for Culture, Organizations and Politics of theInstitute for Research on Labor and Employment, UC Berkeley.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/724 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ahrens, Thomas & Mollona, Massimiliano, 2007. "Organisational control as cultural practice--A shop floor ethnography of a Sheffield steel mill," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(4-5), pages 305-331.
- Thomas Ahrens & Christopher Chapman, 2000. "Occupational identity of management accountants in Britain and Germany," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(4), pages 477-498.
- Tomkins, Cyril & Groves, Roger, 1983. "The everyday accountant and researching his reality," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 361-374, October.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1742 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kurunmaki, Liisa, 1999. "Professional vs financial capital in the field of health care--struggles for the redistribution of power and control," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 95-124, April.
- Ahrens, Thomas, 1997. "Talking Accounting: An Ethnography Of Management Knowledge In British And German Brewers," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 617-637, October.
- Burchell, Stuart & Clubb, Colin & Hopwood, Anthony & Hughes, John & Nahapiet, Janine, 1980. "The roles of accounting in organizations and society," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 5-27, January.
- Ahrens, T., 1996. "Styles of Accountability," Papers 96-119, University of Southampton - Department of Accounting and Management Science.
- Ezzamel, Mahmoud & Willmott, Hugh & Worthington, Frank, 2004. "Accounting and management-labour relations: the politics of production in the 'factory with a problem'," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(3-4), pages 269-302.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL.
- Ezzamel, Mahmoud & Willmott, Hugh & Worthington, Frank, 2008. "Manufacturing shareholder value: The role of accounting in organizational transformation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(2-3), pages 107-140.
- Gérard Charreaux & Peter Wirtz, 2006. "Gouvernance des entreprises : nouvelles perspectives," Post-Print halshs-00144927, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/746 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Beunza & David Stark, 2004. "Tools of the trade: the socio-technology of arbitrage in a Wall Street trading room," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 369-400, April.
- Briers, Michael & Chua, Wai Fong, 2001. "The role of actor-networks and boundary objects in management accounting change: a field study of an implementation of activity-based costing," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 237-269, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00498673. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.