Globalization, paradox and the (un)making of identities: Immigrant Chartered Accountants of India in Canada
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter S. Li, 2001. "The Market Worth of Immigrants' Educational Credentials," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 27(1), pages 23-38, March.
- Carnegie, Garry D. & Edwards, John Richard, 2001. "The construction of the professional accountant: the case of the Incorporated Institute of Accountants, Victoria (1886)," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 301-325.
- Alan G. Green & David A. Green, 1999. "The Economic Goals of Canada's Immigration Policy, Past and Present," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 25(4), pages 425-451, December.
- Kirkham, Linda M. & Loft, Anne, 1993. "Gender and the construction of the professional accountant," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 507-558, August.
- Chua, Wai Fong & Poullaos, Chris, 1993. "Rethinking the profession-state dynamic: The case of the Victorian charter attempt, 1885-1906," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 18(7-8), pages 691-728.
- Arnold, Patricia J., 2005. "Disciplining domestic regulation: the World Trade Organization and the market for professional services," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 299-330, May.
- Suddaby, Roy & Cooper, David J. & Greenwood, Royston, 2007. "Transnational regulation of professional services: Governance dynamics of field level organizational change," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(4-5), pages 333-362.
- Gendron, Yves & Spira, Laura F., 2010. "Identity narratives under threat: A study of former members of Arthur Andersen," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 275-300, April.
- John Richard Edwards & Stephen P. Walker, 2008. "Occupational differentiation and exclusion in early Canadian accountancy," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 373-391, March.
- Garry Carnegie & Robert Parker, 1999. "Accountants and Empire: the case of co-membership of Australian and British accountancy bodies, 1885 to 1914," Accounting History Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 77-102.
- Power, Michael K., 1991. "Educating accountants: Towards a critical ethnography," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 333-353.
- Anderson-Gough, Fiona & Grey, Christopher & Robson, Keith, 2001. "Tests of time: organizational time-reckoning and the making of accountants in two multi-national accounting firms," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 99-122, March.
- Marcia Annisette & Alan J. Richardson, 2011. "Justification and accounting: applying sociology of worth to accounting research," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(2), pages 229-249, February.
- Coulombe, Simon & Hou, Feng & Picot, Garnett, 2007. "Chronic Low Income and Low-income Dynamics Among Recent Immigrants," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2007294e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Paul-Brian McInerney, 2008. "Showdown at Kykuit: Field-Configuring Events as Loci for Conventionalizing Accounts," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(6), pages 1089-1116, September.
- Marcia Annisette & Philip O'Regan, 2007. "Joined for the common purpose: The establishment of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland as an all-Ireland institution," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(1), pages 4-25, March.
- Suddaby, Roy & Gendron, Yves & Lam, Helen, 2009. "The organizational context of professionalism in accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(3-4), pages 409-427, April.
- Grey, C., 1998. "On being a professional in a "Big Six" firm," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(5-6), pages 569-587.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1369 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cooper, David J. & Greenwood, Royston & Hinings, Bob & Brown, John L., 1998. "Globalization and nationalism in a multinational accounting firm: The case of opening new markets in Eastern Europe," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(5-6), pages 531-548.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:142:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-016-3157-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Chenhall, Robert H. & Hall, Matthew & Smith, David, 2013. "Performance measurement, modes of evaluation and the development of compromising accounts," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51294, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:eee:aosoci:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:37-61 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grisard, Claudine, 2014. "La formation de l'accountability en situations conflictuelles," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/13959 edited by Berland, Nicolas.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:146:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10551-016-3218-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:38:y:2013:i:1:p:1-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.