David A. Carter
Department of Finance Stillwater, Oklahoma (United States)
Spears School of Business
Oklahoma State University
RePEc:edi:dfoksus (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles Chapters
- David Carter & Joseph F. Sinkey, 1994. "The derivatives activities of U.S. commercial banks," Proceedings 29, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Phillip Humphrey & David A. Carter & Betty Simkins, 2016. "The market’s reaction to unexpected, catastrophic events: The case of oil and gas stock returns and the Gulf oil spill," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 17(1), pages 2-25, January.
- Treanor, Stephen D. & Rogers, Daniel A. & Carter, David A. & Simkins, Betty J., 2014. "Exposure, hedging, and value: New evidence from the U.S. airline industry," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 200-211.
- Stephen D. Treanor & Betty J. Simkins & Daniel A. Rogers & David A. Carter, 2014. "Does Operational and Financial Hedging Reduce Exposure? Evidence from the U.S. Airline Industry," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 149-172, February.
- Jeff Whitworth & David A. Carter, 2010. "The Ex‐Day Price Behavior of REITs: Taxes or Ticks?," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 38(4), pages 733-752, Winter.
- Lee C. Adkins & David A. Carter & W. Gary Simpson, 2007. "Managerial Incentives And The Use Of Foreign‐Exchange Derivatives By Banks," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 30(3), pages 399-413, September.
- David A. Carter & Daniel A. Rogers & Betty J. Simkins, 2006. "Hedging and Value in the U.S. Airline Industry," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 18(4), pages 21-33, September.
- David A. Carter & Daniel A. Rogers & Betty J. Simkins, 2006.
"Does Hedging Affect Firm Value? Evidence from the US Airline Industry,"
Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 35(1), pages 53-86, March.
- David A. Carter & Daniel A. Rogers & Betty J. Simkins, 2006. "Does Hedging Affect Firm Value? Evidence from the US Airline Industry," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 35(1), Spring.
- Carter, David A. & McNulty, James E., 2005. "Deregulation, technological change, and the business-lending performance of large and small banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1113-1130, May.
- Ken Johnston & David Carter & John Hatem, 2005. "Exchange rates, and fundamental variables: a semi-parametric analysis of binary choice," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(16), pages 1915-1924.
- Carter, David A. & Simkins, Betty J., 2004. "The market's reaction to unexpected, catastrophic events: the case of airline stock returns and the September 11th attacks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 539-558, September.
- David Carter & James McNulty & James Verbrugge, 2004. "Do Small Banks have an Advantage in Lending? An Examination of Risk-Adjusted Yields on Business Loans at Large and Small Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 233-252, April.
- David A. Carter & Betty J. Simkins & W. Gary Simpson, 2003. "Corporate Governance, Board Diversity, and Firm Value," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 38(1), pages 33-53, February.
- SinkeyJr., Joseph F. & Carter, David A., 2000. "Evidence on the financial characteristics of banks that do and do not use derivatives," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 431-449.
- Sinkey, Joseph Jr. & Carter, David A., 1999. "The reaction of bank stock prices to news of derivatives losses by corporate clients," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 1725-1743, December.
- David Carter & Joseph Sinkey, 1998. "The Use of Interest Rate Derivatives by End-users: The Case of Large Community Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 14(1), pages 17-34, July.
- David A. Carter & Daniel A. Rogers & Betty J. Simkins & Stephen D. Treanor, 2013. "Does hedging reduce economic exposure? Hurricanes, jet fuel prices and airlines," Chapters, in: Adrian R. Bell & Chris Brooks & Marcel Prokopczuk (ed.),Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Finance, chapter 14, pages 341-354, Edward Elgar Publishing.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
RankingsThis author is among the top 5% authors according to these criteria:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, David A. Carter should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.