The reaction of bank stock prices to news of derivatives losses by corporate clients
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Madura, Jeff & Tucker, Alan L. & Zarruk, Emilio, 1992. "Reaction of bank share prices to the Third-World debt reduction plan," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 853-868, September.
- Pettway, Richard H., 1980. "Potential Insolvency, Market Efficiency, and Bank Regulation of Large Commercial Banks," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 219-236, March.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & Davidson, Wallace III & Rangan, Nanda, 1996. "Deregulation in investment banking: Industry concentration following Rule 415," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 85-113, January.
- John J. Binder, 1985. "Measuring the Effects of Regulation with Stock Price Data," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(2), pages 167-183, Summer.
- Smirlock, Michael & Kaufold, Howard, 1987. "Bank Foreign Lending, Mandatory Disclosure Rules, and the Reaction of Bank Stock Prices to the Mexican Debt Crisis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(3), pages 347-364, July.
- Millon-Cornett, Marcia H. & Tehranian, Hassan, 1989. "Stock market reactions to the depository institutions deregulation and monetary control act of 1980," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 81-100, March.
- Flannery, Mark J, 1998. "Using Market Information in Prudential Bank Supervision: A Review of the U.S. Empirical Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 273-305, August.
- Karafiath, Imre & Glascock, John, 1989. "Intra-industry Effects of a Regulatory Shift: Capital Market Evidence from Penn Square," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 24(1), pages 123-134, February.
- Clark, Jeffrey A & Perfect, Steven B, 1996. "The Economic Effects of Client Losses on OTC Bank Derivative Dealers: Evidence from the Capital Market," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(3), pages 527-545, August.
- Jeffrey A. Clark & Steven B. Perfect, 1996. "The economic effects of client losses on OTC bank derivative dealers: evidence from the capital market," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug, pages 527-547.
- Fama, Eugene F, et al, 1969. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to New Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Schipper, K & Thompson, R, 1983. "The Impact Of Merger-Related Regulations On The Shareholders Of Acquiring Firms," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 184-221.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- SinkeyJr., Joseph F. & Carter, David A., 2000. "Evidence on the financial characteristics of banks that do and do not use derivatives," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 431-449.
- Kallberg, Jarl & Liu, Crocker H. & Pasquariello, Paolo, 2008. "Updating expectations: An analysis of post-9/11 returns," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 400-432, November.
- David A. Carter & Daniel A. Rogers & Betty J. Simkins & Stephen D. Treanor, 2013. "Does hedging reduce economic exposure? Hurricanes, jet fuel prices and airlines," Chapters, in: Adrian R. Bell & Chris Brooks & Marcel Prokopczuk (ed.),Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Finance, chapter 14, pages 341-354, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Carter, David A. & Simkins, Betty J., 2004. "The market's reaction to unexpected, catastrophic events: the case of airline stock returns and the September 11th attacks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 539-558, September.
- Barbara A. Bliss & Jeffrey A. Clark & R. Jared DeLisle, 2018. "Bank risk, financial stress, and bank derivative use," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 38(7), pages 804-821, July.
- Hamill, Philip A. & Opong, Kwaku K. & McGregor, Pat, 2002. "Equity option listing in the UK: a comparison of market-based research methodologies," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 91-108, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:23:y:1999:i:12:p:1725-1743. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.