Wealth Effects of Banks' Rights to Market and Originate Annuities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cowan, Arnold R. & Howell, Jann C. & Power, Mark L., 2002. "Wealth effects of banks' rights to market and originate annuities," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 487-503.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sundaram, Sridhar & Rangan, Nanda & Davidson, Wallace III, 1992. "The market valuation effects of the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery and Enforcement Act of 1989," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 1097-1122, December.
- Fred Furlong & Simon Kwan, 1999. "Financial Modernization and Regulation," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 16(2), pages 95-100, December.
- Julie L. Williams & Stuart E. Feldstein & Karen E. Mcsweeney, 1997. "Current Issues Regarding Bank Sales Of Insurance And Annuity Products," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 1(1), pages 65-84, July.
- John J. Binder, 1985. "Measuring the Effects of Regulation with Stock Price Data," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(2), pages 167-183, Summer.
- John, Kose & John, Teresa A. & Senbet, Lemma W., 1991. "Risk-shifting incentives of depository institutions: A new perspective on federal deposit insurance reform," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 895-915, September.
- Keeley, Michael C, 1990. "Deposit Insurance, Risk, and Market Power in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1183-1200, December.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Marcia Cornett & Hamid Mehran & Hassan Tehranian, 1998. "The Impact of Risk-Based Premiums on FDIC-Insured Institutions," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(2), pages 153-169, April.
- Karafiath, Imre, 1988. "Using Dummy Variables in the Event Methodology," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 23(3), pages 351-357, August.
- repec:bla:joares:v:24:y:1986:i:2:p:316-334 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jane-Sue Wang & Jing-Twen Chen & Pin-Huang Chou, 2008. "Market Reactions To The Passage Of The Financial Holding Company Act In Taiwan," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 453-472, October.
- Cummins, J. David & Lewis, Christopher M. & Wei, Ran, 2006. "The market value impact of operational loss events for US banks and insurers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 2605-2634, October.
- Carow, Kenneth A. & Kane, Edward J., 2002.
"Event-study evidence of the value of relaxing long-standing regulatory restraints on banks, 1970-2000,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 439-463.
- Kenneth A. Carow & Edward J. Kane, 2001. "Event-Study Evidence of the Value of Relaxing Longstanding Regulatory Restraints on Banks, 1970-2000," NBER Working Papers 8594, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chen, Zhian & Li, Donghui & Liao, Li & Moshirian, Fariborz & Szablocs, Csaba, 2009. "Expansion and consolidation of bancassurance in the 21st century," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 633-644, October.
- Milevsky, Moshe Arye & Panyagometh, Kamphol, 2001. "Variable annuities versus mutual funds: a Monte-Carlo analysis of the options," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-4), pages 145-161.
- Staikouras, Sotiris K., 2009. "An event study analysis of international ventures between banks and insurance firms," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 675-691, October.
More about this item
KeywordsAnnuities; VALIC; financial modernization; deregulation; deposit insurance; Blackfeet National Bank; event studies;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-06-13 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0203002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .