The market valuation effects of the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery and Enforcement Act of 1989
- Sundaram, Sridhar
- Rangan, Nanda
- Davidson, Wallace III
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Kwan, Simon H., 2003.
"Impact of deposit rate deregulation in Hong Kong on the market value of commercial banks,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2231-2248, December.
- Simon H. Kwan, 2000. "Impact of Deposit Rate Deregulation in Hong Kong on the Market Value of Commercial Banks," Working Papers 102000, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Simon H. Kwan, 2001. "Impact of deposit rate deregulation in Hong Kong on the market value of commercial banks," Working Paper Series 2001-11, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Pennathur, Anita & Smith, Deborah & Subrahmanyam, Vijaya, 2014. "The stock market impact of government interventions on financial services industry groups: Evidence from the 2007–2009 crisis," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 22-44.
- Chong, Beng-Soon & Liu, Ming-Hua & Altunbas, Yener, 1996. "The impact of universal banking on the risks and returns of Japanese financial institutions," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 181-195, July.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Whyte, Ann Marie, 2001. "The impact of FDICIA on bank returns and risk: Evidence from the capital markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 393-417, February.
- Narayanan, Rajesh P. & Rangan, Nanda K. & Sundaram, Sridhar, 2002. "Welfare effects of expanding banking organization opportunities in the securities arena," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 505-527.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Martin, Anna D., 2006. "Valuation impact of Sarbanes-Oxley: Evidence from disclosure and governance within the financial services industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 989-1006, March.
- Fraser, Donald R. & Hooton, Jerry L. & Kolari, James W. & Reising, Joseph J., 1997. "The wealth effects of interstate branching," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 589-611, May.
- Spiegel, Mark M. & Yamori, Nobuyoshi, 2003. "The impact of Japan's financial stabilization laws on bank equity values," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 263-282, September.
- Mark M. Spiegel & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2002. "The impact of Japan’s financial stabilization laws on bank equity values," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sep.
- Mark Spiegel & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2001. "The impact of Japan's financial stabilization laws on bank equity values," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 2001-07, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Mathur, Ike & Gleason, Kimberly C. & Singh, Manohar, 1998. "Did markets react efficiently to the 1994 Mexican peso crisis? Evidence from Mexican ADRS," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 39-48, January.
- Carow, Kenneth A. & Heron, Randall A., 2002. "Capital market reactions to the passage of the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 465-485.
- Whalen, Gary W., 2008. "The impact of preemption of the Georgia Fair Lending Act by the OCC on national and state banks and the dual banking system," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 772-791, November.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & Davidson, Wallace III & Rangan, Nanda, 1996. "Deregulation in investment banking: Industry concentration following Rule 415," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 85-113, January.
- Cowan, Arnold R. & Howell, Jann C. & Power, Mark L., 2002. "Wealth effects of banks' rights to market and originate annuities," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 487-503.
- Arnold R. Cowan & Jann C. Howell & Mark L. Power, 2002. "Wealth Effects of Banks' Rights to Market and Originate Annuities," Finance 0203002, EconWPA.
- Amoako-Adu, Ben & Smith, Brian F., 1995. "The wealth effects of deregulation of Canadian financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1211-1236, October.
- Casey, K. Michael & Dickens, Ross N., 2000. "The effects of tax and regulatory changes on commercial bank dividend policy," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 279-293.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Madura, Jeff, 2001. "Why do contagion effects vary among bank failures?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 657-680, April.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Whyte, Ann Marie, 2003. "Changes in market assessments of bank risk following the Riegle-Neal Act of 1994," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 87-102, January.
- Bhargava, Rahul & Fraser, Donald R., 1998. "On the wealth and risk effects of commercial bank expansion into securities underwriting: An analysis of Section 20 subsidiaries1," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 447-465, May.
- Johnson, Shane A. & Sarkar, Salil K., 1996. "The valuation effects of the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act and its enforcement," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 783-803, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:16:y:1992:i:6:p:1097-1122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed