Bank failures and contagion effects: Evidence from Britain and Canada
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Larry D. Wall & David R. Peterson, 1989.
"The effect of Continental Illinois' failure on the financial performance of other banks,"
FRB Atlanta Working Paper
89-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Wall, Larry D. & Peterson, David R., 1990. "The effect of Continental Illinois' failure on the financial performance of other banks," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-99, August.
- Slovin, Myron B. & Jayanti, Subbarao V., 1993. "Bank capital regulation and the valuation effects of Latin American debt moratoriums," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 159-174, February.
- John J. Binder, 1985. "Measuring the Effects of Regulation with Stock Price Data," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(2), pages 167-183, Summer.
- Smirlock, Michael & Kaufold, Howard, 1987. "Bank Foreign Lending, Mandatory Disclosure Rules, and the Reaction of Bank Stock Prices to the Mexican Debt Crisis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(3), pages 347-364, July.
- Robert E. Lamy & G. Rodney Thompson, 1986. "Penn Square, Problem Loans, And Insolvency Risk," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 9(2), pages 103-111, 06.
- Swary, Itzhak, 1986. "Stock Market Reaction to Regulatory Action in the Continental Illinois Crisis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 451-473, July.
- Dickinson, Amy & Peterson, David R & Christiansen, William A, 1991. "An Empirical Investigation into the Failure of First RepublicBank: Is There a Contagion Effect?," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 26(3), pages 303-318, August.
- Madura, Jeff & Tucker, Alan L. & Zarruk, Emilio, 1992. "Reaction of bank share prices to the Third-World debt reduction plan," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 853-868, September.
- Aharony, Joseph & Swary, Itzhak, 1983. "Contagion Effects of Bank Failures: Evidence from Capital Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(3), pages 305-322, July.
- Dann, Larry Y & James, Christopher M, 1982. " An Analysis of the Impact of Deposit Rate Ceilings on the Market Values of Thrift Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(5), pages 1259-1275, December.
- Unal, Haluk, 1989. "Impact of Deposit-Rate Ceiling Changes on Bank Stock Returns," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 21(2), pages 206-220, May.
- Benston, George J, 1973. "Required Disclosure and the Stock Market: An Evaluation of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(1), pages 132-155, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:48:y:1996:i:2:p:103-116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.