Real-Estate Risk Effects on Financial Institutions’ Stock Return Distribution: a Bivariate GARCH Analysis
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 40 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/regional+science/journal/11146/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:reg:rpubli:102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Simon Stevenson & Patrick Wilson & Ralf Zurbruegg, 2007.
"Assessing the Time-Varying Interest Rate Sensitivity of Real Estate Securities,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(8), pages 705-715.
- Simon Stevenson & Pat Wilson & Ralf Zurbruegg, 2005. "Assessing the Time-Varying Interest Rate Sensitivity of Real Estate Securities," ERES eres2005_323, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Andrew Olszowy, 2006. "Alternative mortgages: managed risk or gamble?," Communities and Banking, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Spr, pages 3-5.
- Campbell, John Y & Hamao, Yasushi, 1992.
" Predictable Stock Returns in the United States and Japan: A Study of Long-Term Capital Market Integration,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 43-69, March.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Campbell, John, 1992. "Predictable Stock Returns in the United States and Japan: A Study of Long-Term Capital Market Integration," Scholarly Articles 3207694, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- John Y. Campbell & Yasushi Hamao, 1989. "Predictable Stock Returns in the United States and Japan: A Study of Long-Term Capital Market Integration," NBER Working Papers 3191, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James D. Peterson & Cheng-Ho Hsieh, 1997. "Do Common Risk Factors in the Returns on Stocks and Bonds Explain Returns on REITs?," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 25(2), pages 321-345.
- John S. Hekman, 1985. "Rental Price Adjustment and Investment in the Office Market," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 13(1), pages 32-47.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Mansur, Iqbal & Pagano, Michael S., 2007. "Convergence and risk-return linkages across financial service firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1167-1190, April.
- Robert A. Eisenbeis & Myron L. Kwast, 1989. "Are real estate specializing depositories viable? The evidence from commercial banks," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 88, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John Cotter & Simon Stevenson, 2011.
"Multivariate Modelling of Daily REIT Volatility,"
200517, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Yoon Dokko & Robert H. Edelstein & Allan J. Lacayo & Daniel C. Lee, 1999. "Real Estate Income and Value Cycles: A Model of Market Dynamics," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 18(1), pages 69-96.
- Joseph Gyourko & Donald B. Keim, 1992. "What Does the Stock Market Tell Us About Real Estate Returns?," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 20(3), pages 457-485.
- Edward J. Kane & Haluk Unal, 1988. "Change in Market Assessments of Deposit-Institution Riskiness," NBER Working Papers 2530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Flannery, Mark J. & Hameed, Allaudeen S. & Harjes, Richard H., 1997. "Asset pricing, time-varying risk premia and interest rate risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 315-335, March.
- Ling T. He, & James. R. Webb & Neil Myer, 2003. "Interest Rate Sensitivities of REIT Returns," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 6(1), pages 1-21.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Mansur, Iqbal, 1998. "Sensitivity of the bank stock returns distribution to changes in the level and volatility of interest rate: A GARCH-M model," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 535-563, May.
- Akella, Srinivas R & Chen, Su-Jane, 1990. "Interest Rate Sensitivity of Bank Stock Returns: Specification Effects and Structural Changes," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 13(2), pages 147-154, Summer.
- Elijah Brewer & James M. Carson & Elyas Elyasiani & Iqbal Mansur & William L. Scott, 2007. "Interest Rate Risk and Equity Values of Life Insurance Companies: A GARCH-M Model," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 74(2), pages 401-423.
- Ling He & Alan Reichert, 2003. "Time variation paths of factors affecting financial institutions and stock returns," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 31(1), pages 71-86, March.
- Ling T. He & F.C. Neil Myer & James R. Webb, 1997. "The Sensitivity of Bank Stocks to Mortgage Portfolio Composition," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 13(1), pages 17-32.
- Bera, Anil K. & Jarque, Carlos M., 1981. "Efficient tests for normality, homoscedasticity and serial independence of regression residuals : Monte Carlo Evidence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 313-318.
- Lawrence J. White, 2006. "The Residential Real Estate Brokerage Industry: What Would More Vigorous Competition Look Like?," Working Papers 06-06, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Yourougou, Pierre, 1990. "Interest-rate risk and the pricing of depository financial intermediary common stock : Empirical evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 803-820, October.
- Kroner, Kenneth F. & Sultan, Jahangir, 1993. "Time-Varying Distributions and Dynamic Hedging with Foreign Currency Futures," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(04), pages 535-551, December.
- Richard J. Herring & Susan Wachter, 1999. "Real Estate Booms and Banking Busts: An International Perspective," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-27, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- K.C. Chan & Patric H. Hendershott & Anthony B. Sanders, 1990.
"Risk and Return on Real Estate: Evidence from Equity REITs,"
NBER Working Papers
3311, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- K. C. Chan & Patric H. Hendershott & Anthony B. Sanders, 1990. "Risk and Return on Real Estate: Evidence from Equity REITs," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 18(4), pages 431-452.
- Stone, Bernell K., 1974. "Systematic Interest-Rate Risk in a Two-Index Model of Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(05), pages 709-721, November.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Bae, Sung C, 1990. "Interest Rate Changes and Common Stock Returns of Financial Institutions: Revisited," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 13(1), pages 71-79, Spring.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:40:y:2010:i:1:p:89-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.