Journal of Financial Stability
2016, Volume 27, Issue C
- 1-16 Systemic loops and liquidity regulation
by Aldasoro, Iñaki & Faia, Ester
- 17-34 State dependence in access to credit
by Pigini, Claudia & Presbitero, Andrea F. & Zazzaro, Alberto
- 35-49 Benchmarking macroprudential policies: An initial assessment
by Lombardi, Domenico & Siklos, Pierre L.
- 50-58 Doves, hawks and pigeons: Behavioral monetary policy and interest rate inertia
by Favaretto, Federico & Masciandaro, Donato
- 59-73 Governance and bank characteristics in the credit and sovereign debt crises – the impact of CEO power11We are grateful to the Editor, Prof. Iftekhar Hasan and three anonymous referees for valuable comments. We acknowledge financial support from Jan Wallanders och Tom Hedelius Stiftelse, Handelsbanken, Sweden (Project ID: P2010-0144: 1). We are especially grateful to Hafiz Hoque for his valuable comments on an early draft of the study in which he also was a co-author. The paper has undergone major changes since then and Hafiz Hoque chose not to be a co-author of this draft. We are also thankful to Omar Sikder, Alovaddin Kalonov, Sharifur Rahman, Iffat Ara, Rokonuzzaman, and other research assistants for their help in data collection. The authors are responsible for any remaining errors
by Mollah, Sabur & Liljeblom, Eva
- 74-94 This time is different: Causes and consequences of British banking instability over the long run
by Campbell, Gareth & Coyle, Christopher & Turner, John D.
- 95-105 The bank-lending channel empirically revisited
by Halvorsen, Jørn I. & Jacobsen, Dag Henning
- 106-121 Community bank mergers and their impact on small business lending
by Jagtiani, Julapa & Kotliar, Ian & Maingi, Raman Quinn
- 122-136 Finding stability in a time of prolonged crisis: Unconventional policy rules for Japan
by McNelis, Paul D. & Yoshino, Naoyuki
- 137-154 Insurance companies’ trading behaviour during the European sovereign debt crisis: Flight home or flight to quality?
by Bijlsma, Melle & Vermeulen, Robert
- 160-179 Macroprudential oversight, risk communication and visualization
by Sarlin, Peter
- 180-197 The application of visual analytics to financial stability monitoring
by Flood, Mark D. & Lemieux, Victoria L. & Varga, Margaret & William Wong, B.L.
- 198-216 Calibrating limits for large interbank exposures from a system-wide perspective
by Batiz-Zuk, Enrique & López-Gallo, Fabrizio & Martínez-Jaramillo, Serafín & Solórzano-Margain, Juan Pablo
- 217-233 CCPs and network stability in OTC derivatives markets
by Heath, Alexandra & Kelly, Gerard & Manning, Mark & Markose, Sheri & Shaghaghi, Ali Rais
- 234-249 Evaluating measures of adverse financial conditions
by Oet, Mikhail V. & Gramlich, Dieter & Sarlin, Peter
- 250-262 Financial fragility of euro area households
by Ampudia, Miguel & van Vlokhoven, Has & Żochowski, Dawid
- 263-277 Taming the Basel leverage cycle
by Aymanns, Christoph & Caccioli, Fabio & Farmer, J. Doyne & Tan, Vincent W.C.
2016, Volume 26, Issue C
- 1-14 What’s the contingency? A proposal for bank contingent capital triggered by systemic risk
by Allen, Linda & Tang, Yi
- 15-30 The effects of public capital infusions on banks’ risk-shifting to the deposit insurance system in Japan
by Guizani, Brahim & Watanabe, Wako
- 31-44 Can non-interest rate policies stabilize housing markets? Evidence from a panel of 57 economies
by Kuttner, Kenneth N. & Shim, Ilhyock
- 45-61 Does it help firms to secretly pay for stock promoters?
by Massoud, Nadia & Ullah, Saif & Scholnick, Barry
- 62-77 Sovereign CDS spread determinants and spill-over effects during financial crisis: A panel VAR approach
by Galariotis, Emilios C. & Makrichoriti, Panagiota & Spyrou, Spyros
- 78-89 Investor protection and firm value: Evidence from PIPE offerings
by John, Kose & Mateti, Ravi S. & Vasudevan, Gopala & Amira, Khaled
- 90-106 Economic policy uncertainty and the credit channel: Aggregate and bank level U.S. evidence over several decades
by Bordo, Michael D. & Duca, John V. & Koch, Christoffer
- 107-127 Securitization and lending standards: Evidence from the European wholesale loan market
by Kara, Alper & Marques-Ibanez, David & Ongena, Steven
- 128-143 Is there a bright side to government banks? Evidence from the global financial crisis
by Chen, Yan-Shing & Chen, Yehning & Lin, Chih-Yung & Sharma, Zenu
- 144-158 Macroprudential regulation, credit spreads and the role of monetary policy
by Tayler, William J. & Zilberman, Roy
- 159-174 Who should rescue subsidiaries of multinational banks?
by Diemer, Michael
- 175-189 The determinants of household’s bank switching
by Brunetti, M. & Ciciretti, R. & Djordjevic, Lj.
- 190-213 Pricing default risk: The good, the bad, and the anomaly
by Ferreira Filipe, Sara & Grammatikos, Theoharry & Michala, Dimitra
- 216-227 Dealing with financial instability under a DSGE modeling approach with banking intermediation: A predictability analysis versus TVP-VARs
by Bekiros, Stelios & Cardani, Roberta & Paccagnini, Alessia & Villa, Stefania
- 228-246 Banks’ external financing costs and the bank lending channel: Results from a SVAR analysis
by Breitenlechner, Max & Scharler, Johann & Sindermann, Friedrich
- 247-256 National politics and bank default risk in the eurozone
by Eichler, Stefan & Sobański, Karol
- 257-265 Global financial market impact of the announcement of the ECB's asset purchase programme
by Georgiadis, Georgios & Gräb, Johannes
- 266-275 How the euro-area sovereign-debt crisis led to a collapse in bank equity prices
by Gibson, Heather D. & Hall, Stephen G. & Tavlas, George S.
- 276-293 Stress testing the EU fiscal framework
by Masten, Igor & Grdović Gnip, Ana
- 294-305 The new financial regulation in Basel III and monetary policy: A macroprudential approach
by Rubio, Margarita & Carrasco-Gallego, José A.
- 306-327 Investment and bank credit recovery after banking crises
by Teimouri, Sheida & Dutta, Nabamita
2016, Volume 25, Issue C
- 1-15 Banks and sovereign risk: A granular view
by Buch, Claudia M. & Koetter, Michael & Ohls, Jana
- 16-36 How prompt was regulatory corrective action during the financial crisis?
by Loveland, Robert
- 37-46 Bank regulation, financial crisis, and the announcement effects of seasoned equity offerings of US commercial banks
by Li, Hui & Liu, Hong & Siganos, Antonios & Zhou, Mingming
- 47-57 A net stable funding ratio for Islamic banks and its impact on financial stability: An international investigation
by Ashraf, Dawood & Rizwan, Muhammad Suhail & L’Huillier, Barbara
- 58-69 How much can illiquidity affect corporate debt yield spread?
by Abudy, Menachem Meni & Raviv, Alon
- 70-82 How does banking sector globalization affect banking crisis?
by Ghosh, Amit
- 83-97 The credit quality channel: Modeling contagion in the interbank market
by Fink, Kilian & Krüger, Ulrich & Meller, Barbara & Wong, Lui-Hsian
- 98-112 Impact of legal institutions on IPO survival: A global perspective
by Espenlaub, Susanne & Goyal, Abhinav & Mohamed, Abdulkadir
- 115-131 The 2011 European short sale ban: A cure or a curse?
by Félix, Luiz & Kräussl, Roman & Stork, Philip
- 132-149 OTC derivatives: Impacts of regulatory changes in the non-financial sector
by Araujo, Gustavo Silva & Leão, Sérgio
- 150-165 Assessing the credit risk of money market funds during the eurozone crisis
by Collins, Sean & Gallagher, Emily
- 166-178 Macroprudential regulation and macroeconomic activity
by Karmakar, Sudipto
- 179-192 Capital requirements, liquidity and financial stability: The case of Brazil
by Souza, Sergio Rubens Stancato de
- 193-205 The cost of collateralized borrowing in the Colombian money market: Does connectedness matter?
by Martínez, Constanza & León, Carlos
- 206-224 Systemic risk spillovers in the European banking and sovereign network
by Betz, Frank & Hautsch, Nikolaus & Peltonen, Tuomas A. & Schienle, Melanie
- 225-233 Volatility in the federal funds market and money market spreads during the financial crisis
by Carpenter, Seth B. & Demiralp, Selva & Senyuz, Zeynep
- 234-246 Asymmetric transmission of a bank liquidity shock
by Schiozer, Rafael F. & Oliveira, Raquel de Freitas
- 247-257 Financial networks, bank efficiency and risk-taking
by Silva, Thiago Christiano & Guerra, Solange Maria & Tabak, Benjamin Miranda & de Castro Miranda, Rodrigo Cesar
2016, Volume 24, Issue C
- 1-11 Determinants of time varying co-movements among international stock markets during crisis and non-crisis periods
by Mobarek, Asma & Muradoglu, Gulnur & Mollah, Sabur & Hou, Ai Jun
- 12-26 The resurgence of cultural borders during the financial crisis: The changing geography of Eurozone cross-border depositing
by Sander, Harald & Kleimeier, Stefanie & Heuchemer, Sylvia
- 27-39 Inflation volatility effects on the allocation of bank loans
by Caglayan, Mustafa & Xu, Bing
- 40-60 Who needs credit and who gets credit? Evidence from the surveys of small business finances
by Cole, Rebel & Sokolyk, Tatyana
- 61-70 Non-linearities in financial bubbles: Theory and Bayesian evidence from S&P500
by Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Tsionas, Efthymios G. & Konstantakis, Konstantinos N.
- 71-87 What is the systemic risk exposure of financial institutions?
by Sedunov, John
- 88-103 Accounting accruals, heterogeneous investor beliefs, and stock returns
by Peng, Emma Y. & Yan, An & Yan, Meng
- 104-116 Foreign bank presence and business regulations
by Kouretas, Georgios P. & Tsoumas, Chris
- 117-131 Credit rating agency downgrades and the Eurozone sovereign debt crises
by Baum, Christopher F. & Schäfer, Dorothea & Stephan, Andreas
- 132-148 Financial openness, risk and bank efficiency: Cross-country evidence
by Luo, Yun & Tanna, Sailesh & De Vita, Glauco
- 149-157 Debt and austerity: Post-crisis lessons from Ireland
by Honohan, Patrick
- 158-169 Will TLAC regulations fix the G-SIB too-big-to-fail problem?
by Kupiec, Paul H.
2016, Volume 23, Issue C
- 1-14 Social trust and foreign ownership: Evidence from qualified foreign institutional investors in China
by Jin, Dawei & Wang, Haizhi & Wang, Peng & Yin, Desheng
- 15-32 Does Basel compliance matter for bank performance?
by Ayadi, Rym & Naceur, Sami Ben & Casu, Barbara & Quinn, Barry
- 33-50 Does banking system transparency enhance bank competition? Cross-country evidence
by Andrievskaya, Irina & Semenova, Maria
- 51-61 Fragmentation and heterogeneity in the euro-area corporate bond market: Back to normal?
by Zaghini, Andrea
- 62-78 A comprehensive approach to measuring the relation between systemic risk exposure and sovereign debt
by Pagano, Michael S. & Sedunov, John
- 79-91 Model risk of risk models
by Danielsson, Jon & James, Kevin R. & Valenzuela, Marcela & Zer, Ilknur
2016, Volume 22, Issue C
- 1-9 The good, the bad and the impaired: A credit risk model of the Irish mortgage market
by Kelly, Robert & O’Malley, Terence
- 10-21 Regime-dependent determinants of Euro area sovereign CDS spreads
by Blommestein, Hans & Eijffinger, Sylvester & Qian, Zongxin
- 22-32 TARP announcement, bank health, and borrowers’ credit risk
by Song, Wei-Ling & Uzmanoglu, Cihan
- 33-44 CDS pricing and accounting disclosures: Evidence from U.S. bank holding corporations around the recent financial crisis
by Kanagaretnam, Kiridaran & Zhang, Gaiyan & Zhang, Sanjian Bill
- 45-56 Central bank transparency and financial stability
by Horváth, Roman & Vaško, Dan
- 57-75 Business models and bank performance: A long-term perspective
by Mergaerts, Frederik & Vander Vennet, Rudi
- 76-87 Does monitoring by the media improve the performance of government banks?
by Ho, Po-Hsin & Chen, Hung-Kun & Lin, Chih-Yung & Chi, Che-Wei
- 88-100 Internet finance development and banking market discipline: Evidence from China
by Hou, Xiaohui & Gao, Zhixian & Wang, Qing
- 101-120 Banking stability, competition, and economic volatility
by Fernández, Ana I. & González, Francisco & Suárez, Nuria
- 121-128 Bankers’ stock options, risk-taking and the financial crisis
by Minhat, Marizah & Abdullah, Mazni
- 129-152 The effects of margin changes on commodity futures markets
by Daskalaki, Charoula & Skiadopoulos, George
2015, Volume 21, Issue C
- 1-12 Bank loan announcements and borrower stock returns before and during the recent financial crisis
by Li, Chunshuo & Ongena, Steven
- 13-25 The effects of government capital and liquidity support programs on bank lending: Evidence from the syndicated corporate credit market
by Wu, Deming
- 26-45 Predictability of stock returns of financial companies and the role of investor sentiment: A multi-country analysis
by Kadilli, Anjeza
- 46-60 Bank consolidation and stability: The Canadian experience, 1867–1935
by Chu, Kam Hon
- 61-80 The impact of macroeconomic and financial stress on the U.S. financial sector
by Hippler, William J. & Hassan, M. Kabir
- 81-94 Debt deflation effects of monetary policy
by Lin, Li & Tsomocos, Dimitrios P. & Vardoulakis, Alexandros P.
- 95-109 The determinants of CDS open interest dynamics
by Silva, Paulo Pereira da & Vieira, Carlos & Vieira, Isabel
2015, Volume 20, Issue C
- 1-13 Macroeconomic effects on emerging-markets sovereign credit spreads
by Clark, Ephraim & Kassimatis, Konstantinos
- 14-35 Risk aversion and monetary policy in a global context
by Nave, Juan M. & Ruiz, Javier
- 36-50 The impact of securitization on credit rationing: Empirical evidence
by Carbo-Valverde, Santiago & Degryse, Hans & Rodríguez-Fernández, Francisco
- 51-69 Market discipline by bank creditors during the 2008–2010 crisis
by Bennett, Rosalind L. & Hwa, Vivian & Kwast, Myron L.
- 70-81 The multi-layer network nature of systemic risk and its implications for the costs of financial crises
by Poledna, Sebastian & Molina-Borboa, José Luis & Martínez-Jaramillo, Serafín & van der Leij, Marco & Thurner, Stefan
- 82-92 Trust, happiness, and households’ financial decisions
by Delis, Manthos D. & Mylonidis, Nikolaos
- 93-104 Banking-industry specific and regional economic determinants of non-performing loans: Evidence from US states
by Ghosh, Amit
- 105-130 Assessing systemic risk using interbank exposures in the global banking system
by Kanno, Masayasu
- 131-143 How should we measure bank capital adequacy for triggering Prompt Corrective Action? A (simple) proposal
by Chernykh, Lucy & Cole, Rebel A.
- 144-154 Executives’ professional ties along the supply chain: The impact on partnership sustainability and firm risk
by Sun, Jiong & Fang, Yiwei
- 155-183 Deposit insurance around the world: A comprehensive analysis and database
by Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Kane, Edward & Laeven, Luc
- 184-197 Can the “Single Point of Entry” strategy be used to recapitalize a systemically important failing bank?
by Kupiec, Paul & Wallison, Peter
2015, Volume 19, Issue C
- 1-21 Financial stress spillovers across the banking, securities and foreign exchange markets
by Apostolakis, George & Papadopoulos, Athanasios P.
- 22-30 How banks respond to Central Bank supervision: Evidence from Brazil
by Marques Pereira, João André C. & Saito, Richard
- 31-44 Bank market power, factor reallocation, and aggregate growth
by Inklaar, Robert & Koetter, Michael & Noth, Felix
- 45-59 SME recovery following a financial crisis: Does debt overhang matter?
by Lawless, Martina & O’Connell, Brian & O’Toole, Conor
- 60-68 Adjusting denominators of capital ratios: Evidence from Japanese banks
by Shimizu, Katsutoshi
- 70-82 Foreign participation and banking competition: Evidence from the Indonesian banking industry
by Mulyaningsih, Tri & Daly, Anne & Miranti, Riyana
- 83-104 Political connections, bank deposits, and formal deposit insurance
by Nys, Emmanuelle & Tarazi, Amine & Trinugroho, Irwan
- 105-118 Finance and growth: Time series evidence on causality
by Peia, Oana & Roszbach, Kasper
- 119-127 Do capital requirements affect cost efficiency? Evidence from China
by Pessarossi, Pierre & Weill, Laurent
- 128-151 Testing the global banking glut hypothesis
by Punzi, Maria Teresa & Kauko, Karlo
2015, Volume 18, Issue C
- 1-18 Contagion in the interbank market: Funding versus regulatory constraints
by Georgescu, Oana-Maria
- 19-32 Cross-border interbank networks, banking risk and contagion
by Tonzer, Lena
- 33-54 Finance companies in Mexico: Unexpected victims of the global liquidity crunch
by Berrospide, Jose M. & Herrerias, Renata
- 55-77 Regulations, profitability, and risk-adjusted returns of European insurers: An empirical investigation
by Gaganis, Chrysovalantis & Liu, Liuling & Pasiouras, Fotios
- 78-90 Monetary policy and financial stability in a banking economy: Transmission mechanism and policy tradeoffs
by Barnea, Emanuel & Landskroner, Yoram & Sokoler, Meir
- 91-105 The Capital Purchase Program and subsequent bank SEOs
by Khan, Mozaffar & Vyas, Dushyantkumar
- 106-116 Bank loans for private and public firms in a liquidity crunch
by Allen, Jason & Paligorova, Teodora
- 117-126 Why is credit-to-GDP a good measure for setting countercyclical capital buffers?
by Jokivuolle, Esa & Pesola, Jarmo & Viren, Matti
- 127-138 Contagion effects during financial crisis: Evidence from the Greek sovereign bonds market
by Pragidis, I.C. & Aielli, G.P. & Chionis, D. & Schizas, P.
- 139-153 Bank liquidity creation and asset market liquidity
by Chatterjee, Ujjal K.
- 154-171 Compensation contracts and fire sales
by Gete, Pedro & Gómez, Juan-Pedro
- 172-186 Creditor recovery: The macroeconomic dependence of industry equilibrium
by Mora, Nada
- 187-202 Consolidation and systemic risk in the international insurance industry
by Mühlnickel, Janina & Weiß, Gregor N.F.
- 203-207 Equally weighted portfolios vs value weighted portfolios: Reasons for differing betas
by Pae, Yuntaek & Sabbaghi, Navid
- 208-224 The role of macroeconomic news in sovereign CDS markets: Domestic and spillover news effects from the U.S., the Eurozone and China
by Kim, Suk-Joong & Salem, Leith & Wu, Eliza
2015, Volume 17, Issue C
- 3-9 A new monthly chronology of the US industrial cycles in the prewar economy
by Charles, Amélie & Darné, Olivier & Diebolt, Claude & Ferrara, Laurent
- 10-21 Clearinghouses as credit regulators before the fed?
by Jaremski, Matthew
- 22-34 Liquidity provision during the crisis of 1914: Private and public sources
by Jacobson, Margaret M. & Tallman, Ellis W.
- 35-45 O.M.W. Sprague (the man who “wrote the book” on financial crises) and the founding of the Federal Reserve
by Rockoff, Hugh
- 46-58 Monetary stability and the rule of law
by Koyama, Mark & Johnson, Blake
- 59-64 The merits and feasibility of returning to a commodity standard
by White, Lawrence H.
- 65-75 Nominal GDP futures targeting
by Sumner, Scott
- 76-80 Nominal GDP targeting: Policy rule or discretionary splurge?
by McCallum, Bennett T.
- 81-91 The economics of Bitcoin and similar private digital currencies
by Dwyer, Gerald P.
- 92-99 Synthetic commodity money
by Selgin, George
2015, Volume 16, Issue C
- 1-12 Fragmentation in the European interbank market: Measures, determinants, and policy solutions
by Mayordomo, Sergio & Abascal, María & Alonso, Tatiana & Rodriguez-Moreno, Maria
- 13-30 Optimal versus realized bank credit risk and monetary policy
by Delis, Manthos D. & Karavias, Yiannis
- 31-44 Optimal hedging strategy for risk management on a network
by Gao, Tianjiao & Gupta, Aparna & Gulpinar, Nalan & Zhu, Yun
- 45-58 Failed bank takeovers and financial stability
by Gómez, Fabiana
- 59-70 Sturm und Drang in money market funds: When money market funds cease to be narrow
by Jank, Stephan & Wedow, Michael
- 71-88 Assessing the link between price and financial stability
by Blot, Christophe & Creel, Jérôme & Hubert, Paul & Labondance, Fabien & Saraceno, Francesco
- 89-105 Distribution forecast targeting in an open-economy, macroeconomic volatility and financial implications
by Flamini, Alessandro & Milas, Costas
- 106-117 The effect of political uncertainty on the cost of corporate debt
by Waisman, Maya & Ye, Pengfei & Zhu, Yun
- 118-137 The relative contributions of equity and subordinated debt signals as predictors of bank distress during the financial crisis
by Miller, Scott & Olson, Eric & Yeager, Timothy J.
- 138-150 Calculating systemic risk capital: A factor model approach
by Avramidis, Panagiotis & Pasiouras, Fotios
- 154-163 Trade intensity and output synchronisation: On the endogeneity properties of EMU
by Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & De Santis, Roberta & Girardi, Alessandro
- 164-172 Equity returns in the banking sector in the wake of the Great Recession and the European sovereign debt crisis
by Chan-Lau, Jorge A. & Liu, Estelle X. & Schmittmann, Jochen M.
- 173-182 Modelling and measuring business risk and the resiliency of retail banks
by Chaffai, Mohamed & Dietsch, Michel
- 183-194 A model of mortgage losses and its applications for macroprudential instruments
by Hott, Christian
- 195-212 Which banks are more risky? The impact of business models on bank stability
by Köhler, Matthias
- 213-231 Catharsis—The real effects of bank insolvency and resolution
by Korte, Josef
- 232-247 The common drivers of default risk
by Memmel, Christoph & Gündüz, Yalin & Raupach, Peter
2014, Volume 15, Issue C
- 1-17 Banking, debt, and currency crises in developed countries: Stylized facts and early warning indicators
by Babecký, Jan & Havránek, Tomáš & Matějů, Jakub & Rusnák, Marek & Šmídková, Kateřina & Vašíček, Bořek
- 18-31 The effects of resolution methods and industry stress on the loss on assets from bank failures
by Bennett, Rosalind L. & Unal, Haluk
- 32-42 Banking crises and government intervention
by García-Palacios, Jaime H. & Hasman, Augusto & Samartín, Margarita
- 43-52 Quantifying the impact of leveraging and diversification on systemic risk
by Tasca, Paolo & Mavrodiev, Pavlin & Schweitzer, Frank
- 53-62 Impact of short selling activity on market dynamics: Evidence from an emerging market
by Sobaci, Cihat & Sensoy, Ahmet & Erturk, Mutahhar
- 63-75 Dating banking crises using incidence and size of bank failures: Four crises reconsidered
by Chaudron, Raymond & de Haan, Jakob
- 76-90 Understanding the cross-section of the U.S. housing bubble: The roles of lending, transaction costs, and rent growth
by Goswami, Gautam & Tan, Sinan & Waisman, Maya
- 91-111 The information content of Basel III liquidity risk measures
by Hong, Han & Huang, Jing-Zhi & Wu, Deming
- 112-126 Transmission of financial shocks in loan and deposit markets: Role of interbank borrowing and market monitoring
by Allen, Franklin & Hryckiewicz, Aneta & Kowalewski, Oskar & Tümer-Alkan, Günseli
- 127-148 The impact of the French Tobin tax
by Becchetti, L. & Ferrari, M. & Trenta, U.
- 149-160 Sequential decisions in the Diamond–Dybvig banking model
by Kinateder, Markus & Kiss, Hubert János
- 161-171 Institutions, moral hazard and expected government support of banks
by Antzoulatos, Angelos A. & Tsoumas, Chris
- 172-181 Geographic diversification in banking
by Fang, Yiwei & van Lelyveld, Iman
- 182-194 Partial credit guarantees and SMEs financing
by Boschi, Melisso & Girardi, Alessandro & Ventura, Marco
- 195-209 Tail dependence and indicators of systemic risk for large US depositories
by Balla, Eliana & Ergen, Ibrahim & Migueis, Marco
- 210-229 The cost of deviating from the optimal monetary policy: A panel VAR analysis
by Guerello, Chiara
- 230-240 Interest-rate uncertainty, derivatives usage, and loan growth in bank holding companies
by Brewer, Elijah & Deshmukh, Sanjay & Opiela, Timothy P.
- 241-256 Rethinking financial stability: Challenges arising from financial networks’ modular scale-free architecture
by León, Carlos & Berndsen, Ron J.
- 257-263 Anatomy of a bail-in
by Conlon, Thomas & Cotter, John
- 264-281 Wishful thinking or effective threat? Tightening bank resolution regimes and bank risk-taking
by Ignatowski, Magdalena & Korte, Josef
2014, Volume 14, Issue C
- 3-22 The role of on- and off-balance-sheet leverage of banks in the late 2000s crisis
by Papanikolaou, Nikolaos I. & Wolff, Christian C.P.
- 23-34 Collateral composition, diversification risk, and systemically important merchant banks
by Derviz, Alexis
- 35-53 Are all forms of financial integration equally risky? Asset price contagion during the global financial crisis
by Ahrend, Rudiger & Goujard, Antoine
- 54-65 Predicting financial stress events: A signal extraction approach
by Christensen, Ian & Li, Fuchun
- 66-80 The (un)informative value of credit rating announcements in small markets
by Afik, Zvika & Feinstein, Itai & Galil, Koresh
- 81-101 Banking systemic vulnerabilities: A tail-risk dynamic CIMDO approach
by Jin, Xisong & Nadal De Simone, Francisco de A.
2014, Volume 13, Issue C
- 1-17 International transmission and business-cycle effects of financial stress
by Dovern, Jonas & van Roye, Björn
- 18-29 Asymmetric effects of households’ financial participation on banking diversification
by Chen, Pei-Fen & Zeng, Jhih-Hong
- 30-43 International diversification and risk of multinational banks: Evidence from the pre-crisis period
by Gulamhussen, M.A. & Pinheiro, Carlos & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco
- 44-63 Macroprudential regulation and the monetary transmission mechanism
by Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Pereira da Silva, Luiz A.
- 64-74 Risk shifting in the US banking system: An empirical analysis
by Duran, Miguel A. & Lozano-Vivas, Ana
- 75-94 Systemic risk in an interconnected banking system with endogenous asset markets
by Bluhm, Marcel & Krahnen, Jan Pieter
- 95-117 Why do some insurers become systemically relevant?
by Weiß, Gregor N.F. & Mühlnickel, Janina
- 118-133 The network structure of the CDS market and its determinants
by Peltonen, Tuomas A. & Scheicher, Martin & Vuillemey, Guillaume
- 134-150 A cross-country analysis of bank bankruptcy regimes
by Marinč, Matej & Rant, Vasja
- 151-166 Bank risk factors and changing risk exposures: Capital market evidence before and during the financial crisis
by Bessler, Wolfgang & Kurmann, Philipp
- 167-179 Do banks’ internal Basel risk estimates reflect risk?
by Barakova, Irina & Palvia, Ajay
- 180-192 Financial fragility and natural disasters: An empirical analysis
by Klomp, Jeroen
- 193-201 Financial crises: Lessons from the Nordic experience
by Honkapohja, Seppo
- 202-213 Has the global banking system become more fragile over time?
by Anginer, Deniz & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli
- 214-223 Too big to fail in banking: What does it mean?
by Kaufman, George G.
2014, Volume 12, Issue C
- 3-15 Stress-testing macro stress testing: Does it live up to expectations?
by Borio, Claudio & Drehmann, Mathias & Tsatsaronis, Kostas
- 16-25 Measuring the costs of short-termism
by Davies, Richard & Haldane, Andrew G. & Nielsen, Mette & Pezzini, Silvia
- 26-36 Distance to default and the financial crisis
by Milne, Alistair