Value at risk using hyperbolic distributions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schmidt, Rafael & Hrycej, Tomas & Stutzle, Eric, 2006. "Multivariate distribution models with generalized hyperbolic margins," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 2065-2096, April.
- Lillestöl, Jostein, 2002. "Some crude approximation, calibration and estimation procedures for NIG-variates," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2002,85, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Shcherba, Alexandr, 2011. "Comparison of VaR estimation methods for different forecasting samples for Russian stocks," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 24(4), pages 58-70.
- Andreas Behr & Ulrich Pötter, 2010. "Downward Wage Rigidity in Europe: A New Flexible Parametric Approach and Empirical Results," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 11, pages 169-187, May.
- Vanda Tulli & Gerd Weinrich, 2015. "Using Value-at-Risk to reconcile limited liability and the moral-hazard problem," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 38(1), pages 93-118, April.
- Saralees Nadarajah & Bo Zhang & Stephen Chan, 2014. "Estimation methods for expected shortfall," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 271-291, February.
- Andreas Behr & Ulrich Pötter, 2009. "Alternatives to the normal model of stock returns: Gaussian mixture, generalised logF and generalised hyperbolic models," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 49-68, January.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2012. "Basics of Levy processes," Economics Papers 2012-W06, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- J. Baixauli & Susana Alvarez, 2006. "Evaluating effects of excess kurtosis on VaR estimates: Evidence for international stock indices," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 27-46, August.
- Taamouti, Abderrahim, 2009. "Analytical Value-at-Risk and Expected Shortfall under regime-switching," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 138-151, September.
- Cabedo Semper, J. David & Moya Clemente, Ismael, 2003. "Value at risk calculation through ARCH factor methodology: Proposal and comparative analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 150(3), pages 516-528, November.
- Behr, Andreas & Pötter, Ulrich, 2005. "Downward wage rigidity in Europe: A new flexible parametric approach and empirical results," Beiträge zur angewandten Wirtschaftsforschung 14, University of Münster, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM).
- Farias, A. R. & Ornelas, J. R. H & Fajardo, J., 2004. "Goodness-of-Fit Test focuses on Conditional Value at Risk:An Empirical Analysis of Exchange Rates," Finance Lab Working Papers flwp_70, Finance Lab, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- repec:rmk:rmkjrc:v:4:y:2017:i:1:p:31-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Denitsa Stefanova, 2012. "Stock Market Asymmetries: A Copula Diffusion," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-125/IV/DSF45, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:52:y:2000:i:5:p:455-467. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.