Alternatives to the normal model of stock returns: Gaussian mixture, generalised logF and generalised hyperbolic models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Adrian Dragulescu & Victor Yakovenko, 2002.
"Probability distribution of returns in the Heston model with stochastic volatility,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(6), pages 443-453.
- A. Dragulescu & V. M. Yakovenko, 2002. "Probability distribution of returns in the Heston model with stochastic volatility," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 127, Society for Computational Economics.
- Adrian A. Dragulescu & Victor M. Yakovenko, 2002. "Probability distribution of returns in the Heston model with stochastic volatility," Papers cond-mat/0203046, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2002.
- Longin, Francois M, 1996. "The Asymptotic Distribution of Extreme Stock Market Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(3), pages 383-408, July.
- Vicente, Renato & de Toledo, Charles M. & Leite, Vitor B.P. & Caticha, Nestor, 2006. "Underlying dynamics of typical fluctuations of an emerging market price index: The Heston model from minutes to months," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 361(1), pages 272-288.
- R. Cont, 2001. "Empirical properties of asset returns: stylized facts and statistical issues," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 223-236.
- Ralf Remer & Reinhard Mahnke, 2004. "Application of the heston and hull-white models to german dax data," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(6), pages 685-693.
- Richard B. Olsen & Ulrich A. Müller & Michel M. Dacorogna & Olivier V. Pictet & Rakhal R. Davé & Dominique M. Guillaume, 1997. "From the bird's eye to the microscope: A survey of new stylized facts of the intra-daily foreign exchange markets (*)," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 95-129.
- Block, Henry W. & Li, Yulin & Savits, Thomas H., 2005. "Mixtures of normal distributions: Modality and failure rate," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 253-264, October.
- Silva, A. Christian & Prange, Richard E. & Yakovenko, Victor M., 2004.
"Exponential distribution of financial returns at mesoscopic time lags: a new stylized fact,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 344(1), pages 227-235.
- A. Christian Silva & Richard E. Prange & Victor M. Yakovenko, 2004. "Exponential distribution of financial returns at mesoscopic time lags: a new stylized fact," Papers cond-mat/0401225, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2004.
- Bauer, Christian, 2000. "Value at risk using hyperbolic distributions," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 455-467.
- Phillip Kearns & Adrian Pagan, 1997. "Estimating The Density Tail Index For Financial Time Series," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 171-175, May.
- Badrinath, S G & Chatterjee, Sangit, 1988. "On Measuring Skewness and Elongation in Common Stock Return Distributions: The Case of the Market Index," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(4), pages 451-472, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Göncü, Ahmet & Karahan, Mehmet Oğuz & Kuzubaş, Tolga Umut, 2016.
"A comparative goodness-of-fit analysis of distributions of some Lévy processes and Heston model to stock index returns,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 69-83.
- Ahmet Göncü & Mehmet Oguz Karahan & Tolga Umut Kuzubas, 2014. "A Comparative Goodness-of-fit Analysis of Distributions of Some Levy Processes and Heston Model to Stock Index Returns," Working Papers 2014/07, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Olivia Andreea Baciu, 2015. "Generalized Hyperbolic Distributions: Empirical Evidence on Bucharest Stock Exchange," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 7(1), pages 007-018, June.
- Segnon, Mawuli & Lux, Thomas, 2013. "Multifractal models in finance: Their origin, properties, and applications," Kiel Working Papers 1860, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Bhat, Harish S. & Kumar, Nitesh, 2012. "Option pricing under a normal mixture distribution derived from the Markov tree model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 223(3), pages 762-774.
- Jose E. Figueroa-Lopez & K. Lee, 2017. "Estimation of a noisy subordinated Brownian Motion via two-scales power variations," Papers 1702.01164, arXiv.org.
- Nikola Gradojevic & Dragan Kukolj & Ramazan Gencay, 2011. "Clustering and Classification in Option Pricing," Review of Economic Analysis, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, vol. 3(2), pages 109-128, October.
- Sak, Halis & Hörmann, Wolfgang & Leydold, Josef, 2010. "Efficient risk simulations for linear asset portfolios in the t-copula model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(3), pages 802-809, May.
- Göncü, Ahmet & Yang, Hao, 2016. "Variance-Gamma and Normal-Inverse Gaussian models: Goodness-of-fit to Chinese high-frequency index returns," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 279-292.
More about this item
KeywordsStock returns; Non-normality; Gaussian mixtures; Generalised hyperbolic distribution; Generalised logF distribution; G12; C16;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:annfin:v:5:y:2009:i:1:p:49-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .