On Measuring Skewness and Elongation in Common Stock Return Distributions: The Case of the Market Index
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christie-David, Rohan & Chaudhry, Mukesh, 2001. "Coskewness and cokurtosis in futures markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 55-81, March.
- Menezes, Carmen F. & Wang, X.Henry, 2005. "Increasing outer risk," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 875-886, November.
- Lakshman A. Alles & John L. Kling, 1994. "Regularities In The Variation Of Skewness In Asset Returns," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 17(3), pages 427-438, September.
- Xu, Yihuan & Iglewicz, Boris & Chervoneva, Inna, 2014. "Robust estimation of the parameters of g-and-h distributions, with applications to outlier detection," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 66-80.
- Kabir K. Dutta & David F. Babbel, 2005.
"Extracting Probabilistic Information from the Prices of Interest Rate Options: Tests of Distributional Assumptions,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(3), pages 841-870, May.
- Kabir K. Dutta & David F. Babbel, 2002. "Extracting Probabilistic Information from the Prices of Interest Rate Options: Tests of Distributional Assumptions," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-26, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Tian, Yisong Sam, 1998. "A Trinomial Option Pricing Model Dependent on Skewness and Kurtosis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 315-330.
- repec:sbe:breart:v:19:y:1999:i:1:a:2795 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andreas Behr & Ulrich Pötter, 2009. "Alternatives to the normal model of stock returns: Gaussian mixture, generalised logF and generalised hyperbolic models," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 49-68, January.
- Fischer, Matthias J. & Horn, Armin & Klein, Ingo, 2003. "Tukey-type distributions in the context of financial data," Discussion Papers 52/2003, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Statistics and Econometrics.
- Fischer, Matthias J., 2006. "Generalized Tukey-type distributions with application to financial and teletraffic data," Discussion Papers 72/2006, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Statistics and Econometrics.
- Xibin Zhang & Maxwell L. King, 2011. "Bayesian semiparametric GARCH models," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 24/11, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Georges Hübner & Thomas Lejeune, 2015. "Portfolio choice and investor preferences : A semi-parametric approach based on risk horizon," Working Paper Research 289, National Bank of Belgium.
- Lars Forsberg & Anders Eriksson, 2004. "The Mean Variance Mixing GARCH (1,1) model," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 323, Econometric Society.
- Xibin Zhang & Maxwell L. King, 2013. "Gaussian kernel GARCH models," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 19/13, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Werner Hürlimann, 2003. "General affine transform families: why is the Pareto an exponential transform?," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 44(4), pages 499-518, October.
- Kabir K. Dutta & David F. Babbel, 2002. "On Measuring Skewness and Kurtosis in Short Rate Distributions: The Case of the US Dollar London Inter Bank Offer Rates," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-25, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Kabir Dutta & Jason Perry, 2006. "A tale of tails: an empirical analysis of loss distribution models for estimating operational risk capital," Working Papers 06-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Drovandi, Christopher C. & Pettitt, Anthony N., 2011. "Likelihood-free Bayesian estimation of multivariate quantile distributions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(9), pages 2541-2556, September.
- Chen Yi-Ting & Lin Chang-Ching, 2008. "On the Robustness of Symmetry Tests for Stock Returns," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(2), pages 1-40, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jnlbus:v:61:y:1988:i:4:p:451-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JB/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .